Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    Actually overall competetive players should be happy with the current system. The more they play the better chance they'll get a good legendary and thus an advantage over players that play less. Sure some people will be unlucky. But overall, in a guild that plays alot, they will get better legendaries than a casual guild that plays less.
    Who cares when you're one of those unlucky.

Did a survey of my guild recently.

1 Person has Double BiS
    22 People Have 1 BiS.
    3 People Don't have any significant DPS increase

Those 3 still feel shitty regardless of the other 23.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meatgrinder View Post
    Just saying, I loved getting Sephuz's Secret as a guardian druid. I loved having next to nothing to proc it. I'm going to love fighting over interrupts with dps that also have it.

The current system is bad. The problem is that some legendaries are SO GOOD and others are SO BAD. Secret being one of the bad ones. One of the main solutions is to further narrow the band of what specs can get what. Why would a guardian want Sephuz's secret? For that matter why would anyone want it?
    That's not a problem with the system then, that's a problem with the items being properly balanced. Many specs are currently underwhelming too, but you wouldn't hear anyone saying they should just be deleted from the game. Balance the items. Make them all desirable. Problem solved. Everyone wins.

Well, not really different than bc "it was the best extension ever" drop from illidan or sunwell. The only thing frustrating is about some are totally stupidly low in utility/effect but it will be adressed in 7.1.5.

If they made each worth while to use and a super hard pick of what are bis that would be way better. No one would be upset at all if that was the case, they could get two and be happy, not farm forever and get that shit that is pointless. I have no clue why they made shit ones, seems like a real stupid idea to make what is suppose to be a powerful item completely useless...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by telygroar View Post
    Well, not really different than bc "it was the best extension ever" drop from illidan or sunwell. The only thing frustrating is about some are totally stupidly low in utility/effect but it will be adressed in 7.1.5.
    Sephuz isn't being fixed in the slightest outside M+.

The Neck is being made incredible for tanks, and a decent utility legendary.

Doesn't matter if your problem is DPS / desire is to have more DPS.

There are also plenty of class specific utter shit ones, they've not touched.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    If they made each worth while to use and a super hard pick of what are bis that would be way better. No one would be upset at all if that was the case, they could get two and be happy, not farm forever and get that shit that is pointless. I have no clue why they made shit ones, seems like a real stupid idea to make what is suppose to be a powerful item completely useless...
    Precisely. I have no problem with the current system, however I would make one tweak -- Have the more PvE-centric items drop only from PvE content, and the PvP-centric ones drop from PvP content. That would solve 80% of the crying from PvPers and Raiders right there. The other 20%? Who cares. That 20% cries about any and everything that doesn't go their way.

Fuck the whiners. It's unbelievable how people who don't get anything at all, and always look at everything in the wrong way, can take themselves so seriously.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    It is probably because you are casual player in this game. Every competitive and actually great players in this game are mad when some shit noob get BiS feet for rogue whilst a good one get PVP ring or some shit. Why is there even PVP rewards from PVE content? Should be locked for when you do PVP related stuff etc.
    So Blizzard should appease the top 2% of the population and say fuck the average and above average but not quite super hardcore players? Fuck that, that would be stupid. The top 2% seem to require a lot of hand holding if you believe these forums.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    Tell me about how you could control BiS World Drops in Classic or TBC. *Willy Wonka meme*

What people are complaining about is ultimately RNG, which is absolutely silly. If Raiders could have it their way, there would be ZERO RNG whatsoever in this game, taking away any chance they wouldn't get the things they want, stripping the game of the little flavor and diversity it has left. It's entitlement pure and simple.

EDIT: For everyone complaining about how it hurts "competitive Raiders" - get real! Competitive PVE is dead! Tell me what guild/team sponsors there are for any group of people outside Method. Even people like Asmongold say competitive PvE is dead. Who cares about competing for realm first these days? Seriously. Game is 12 years old with cookie cutter builds, rotations and add-ons that do all your thinking for you. I enjoy WoW too, but take off the rose-tinted glass and enjoy the content for heavens sake and stop ruining the community and experience for the rest of us.

^Basically yes. People are such cry babies. Also, you people complaining, are the minority of players, despite how man you think are complaining.

Just. play. the. game. You'll get a legendary. If you play. And I don't mean spend time in Dalaran. I mean go out and do things in game.
    Wolfie Pandaren Shaman - Pet Collection - Mount Collection
    Pinfire Dwarf Hunter - SaintJoan Draenei Paladin - Sadiefalk Human Rogue - Hamartanein Dwarf Warlock
    Lotusdream Pandaren Monk - Aponyia Tauren Shaman

Isn't it enough that I'm forced to rely on other people to play the game successfully? Now we're all relying on random generated numbers..

I can't even decide which is worse.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie of Medivh View Post
    Just. play. the. game. You'll get a legendary. If you play. And I don't mean spend time in Dalaran. I mean go out and do things in game.
    I can play just fine from Dalaran if I feel like it. Why should I be forced to go outside? Geez

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Isn't it enough that I'm forced to rely on other people to play the game successfully? Now we're all relying on random generated numbers..

I can't even decide which is worse.

- - - Updated - - -

I can play just fine from Dalaran if I feel like it. Why should I be forced to go outside? Geez
    Best sarcastic post in this thread. Two-Thumbs-Up =)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evaida View Post
    Is that what you took from it?
    What I take from it is pure bias.
    Vanilla was the same RNG bullshit - it was just at 1/10 of the pace.

In Vanilla, any noob could get world Epics from killing a random mob in the world - it had ZERO to do with dedication or skill.
    In Vanilla, raiding was only partially about skill - what really mattered was logistics, knowing the encounter, and gearing up.
    In Vanilla, gearing up was about patience and luck, due to random mechanics and random loot that could cause guilds to go without progressing in gear for a while because those already geared were the ones gear kept dropping for.

Eventually Blizzard introduced Tier Tokens to solve that RNG shitfest.

Raiding today requires a LOT more skill, but the exponential growth in gear makes it impossible for Blizzard to prevent players from overgearing the encounter DURING PROGRESS.

What IS wrong nowadays is categorizing gear in a completely bullshit fashion.
    1 - Why do we have a million designations - LFR, Heroic, Mythic, Warforged, Titanforged, Mythic X Titanforged...
    2 - Gear colors are called Common, Uncommon, Rare, Epic, Legendary and Artifact for a reason.
    In Vanilla it accurately represented how hard or unlikely it is to acquire.
    Nowadays Epics drop as easily as Greens did in Vanilla.

Gear from anything below Mythic Dungeons or Normal Raids should never be higher than Blue by default.
    Legendary items should focus more on skill and dedication, and less on pure luck.
    Last edited by Nurvus; 2016-11-20 at 05:02 PM.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Thanks for creating a new legendary thread to house your ever-so-important opinion on the topic rather than using one of the hundred or so existing threads, special snowflake!

Quote Originally Posted by Nurvus View Post
    What I take from it is pure bias.

In Vanilla, any noob could get world Epics from killing a random mob in the world.
    Getting a world Epic had ZERO to do with dedication or skill.

Raiding was partially about skill, but was mostly about logistics, patience and lots of luck, due to random mechanics and random loot that could cause guilds to go without progressing in gear for a while because those already geared were the ones gear kept dropping for.

Eventually Blizzard introduced Tier Tokens to solve that RNG shitfest.

What IS wrong nowadays is categorizing gear in a completely bullshit fashion.
    Gear colors are called Common, Uncommon, Rare, Epic, Legendary and Artifact.
    At least Common through Legendary should accurately represent the RARITY. How HARD or UNLIKELY it is to acquire.
    Imo gear dropped from LFR or Heroics should be Blue or even Green.
    But hey, that's my bias!
    Your bias is amazing.

You should check my thread about epics

Deleted
    I don't know anybody ingame that likes the system

Quote Originally Posted by Meatgrinder View Post
    Just saying, I loved getting Sephuz's Secret as a guardian druid. I loved having next to nothing to proc it. I'm going to love fighting over interrupts with dps that also have it.

The current system is bad. The problem is that some legendaries are SO GOOD and others are SO BAD. Secret being one of the bad ones. One of the main solutions is to further narrow the band of what specs can get what. Why would a guardian want Sephuz's secret? For that matter why would anyone want it?
    Over/undertuned legenadaries are not a reason for why the system is bad. The system itself works just fine. The reason why it sucks is because there's a huge disparity between the power of legendaries, which is a balance issue, not a systematic issue.

Deleted
    You break down your own point without realizing.

You talk about vanilla like it was random, but it wasn't, at all. Loot was set in stone, so were the stats. There was no silly things like warforged/titanforged, socketed or other nonsense.
    The closest we had to the current legendary system was the random epics which were good for leveling but there they ended and nowdays are basically just transmog items.

The game became a million times more random with all kind of nonsense and the legendaries are the pinacle of this stupidity.
    If they were just cosmetics it would have been fine, but legendaries can majorly impact both the way you play and your actual numbers. They aren't just "cool stuff".
    Last edited by mmoce36ef59794; 2016-11-20 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    One hundred times THIS. Every single time that Blizzard tries to come up with a new idea or something that is compelling to the more casual audience, raiders ruin it. And this is coming from someone who was a raider from 2007 to 2015. It boggles my mind that they don't even realize that it's only them who are complaining. Which side should Blizzard design for, honestly?

On this end, that is part of the culture and atmosphere you're part of. You can raise your complaints for certain, but if you're unhappy then get out of that situation. Remove yourself from the atmosphere of competitiveness.
    That would mean stop playing the game I've loved for 12-13 years. No thanks, I'd rather Blizzard fixed this awful system.

Slathering more and more RNG layers onto an already very RNG game is not good for it. You might get a thrill out of it, but it is not good for the game. Something you clearly do not concern yourself with.