Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    There was one MMO but it doesn't win by much......Wildstar.
    Warlords of Draenor?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Alright y'all, let's keep discussion on Rift please. Not other MMO's, and not other peoples posting habits.
    Sorry I posted before I saw this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another Update has been pushed to fix the 64-bit instability, if you're playing simply log out and let Glyph update.

We've released a client update that can be picked up by logging out of RIFT, and restarting Glyph. This update fixes a bug causing instability with the 64 bit client
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5262596

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Wow so Instant Adventures on one shard causes a whole outage?. Fucking hilarious. And now they have to disable that as well. Brilliant. Man this expansion launch can probably now be hands down the worst MMO launch in history. Oh and even they themselves have now admitted the 64 bit client is a piece of trash. Well give them credit at least they admitted it. Explains those outages Wocky was talking about.
    Must be that "load balancing" thing.

You know, where EVERYONE is put on one shard when they log in?

Many, many issues in the game / broken quests can sometimes be resolved by shard-hopping. It's obviously related to that.

There was an issue yesterday that just looped over and over for 4 hours - after the patch. An entire another part of the game bugged.

Nice to see purifier can finally battle-res again.

Now, they just need to fix half the other legendary abilities and classes that just plain don't work.

I'm compiling a list of sound bytes - will put them in one video as soon as I get guildies permissions.

Was quite amusing, I logged onto TeamSpeak twice yesterday that I remember and guys were sitting there wondering when shards will be back.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Another Update has been pushed to fix the 64-bit instability, if you're playing simply log out and let Glyph update.
    Not even a god could help Trion get 64 bit working properly.

- - - Updated - - -

please point out any MMO that has never patched/hotfixed/restarted in the first week of it's launch and/or any of it's Expansions, please, just find me one MMO that has never done that in it's first week.
    We're not allowed to make comparisons. He is pretty accurate, though. It is one of the worst launches I have seen in a while.

Rift, had over 1/2 it's main touted features disabled on launch.

When most got disabled, It launched with 2 new dungeons, 4 zones.

Legendary abilities not working - entire classes seem to not be finished.

Quests - many still broken.

It's a so-so launch for a beta quality product.

Oh, Lies, vicious lies as well?

"You'll be swimming in platinum" - old raids nerfed for farming. everyone else more expensive. Questing from 66-70 gives you what, 500 plat?

guy in guild last night: "ok, done quests in 4 zones. Done dungeons - ALL CONTENT CLEARED"

* on the positive side, I would say the game is at least 18% busier - based on weekend Steam Charts. However, this has been the most rocky part of the game launch so far. A lot of people are going to be deterred by the sheer quantity and diversity of bugs. The expansion is not polished at all. Almost every major aspect is going to drive new players away.

I personally have been avoiding playing to prevent frustration. Will wait a week or two more.
    Last edited by theWocky; 2016-11-20 at 08:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What broken quests might they be? I only reached level 70 earlier this morning so not even halfways through the last zone Ashenfell in terms of finishing all quests.

No issues either in the first three zones.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know what annoys me? When a game has bugs and people dismiss them

Check the forums. It's not like it's a secret.

I mention one thing out of many that is broken in RIFT right now and he posts the quests "he" completed, but diseregards everything else broken.
    64 bit, shard hopping, quests, classes, legendary abilities.

forums.riftgame.com <- go check how much people "love" this expansion, it's polish.

Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    You know what annoys me? When a game has bugs and people dismiss them

Check the forums. It's not like it's a secret.

I mention one thing out of many that is broken in RIFT right now and he posts the quests "he" completed, but diseregards everything else broken.

forums.riftgame.com <- go check how much people "love" this expansion, it's polish.
    It's stupid when people dismiss them. You are just wanting your game to end up a mess.

10+ Year Old Account
    diseregards everything else broken.
    64- bit..whatever was wrong for some ppl..fixed
    shard hopping...what?
    quests...whatever was wrong for some ppl...fixed
    classes/legendaries...ongoing work, you do realise it's impossible to do a proper job until thousands of people get their hands on them right?

Look at the site you're on, check the hotfix notes since Legion launched, non stop class tuning and this new patch on PTR has this Forum up in arms about further class balnce/tuning.

64- bit..whatever was wrong for some ppl..fixed
    shard hopping...what?
    quests...whatever was wrong for some ppl...fixed
    classes/legendaries...ongoing work, you do realise it's impossible to do a proper job until thousands of people get their hands on them right?

Look at the site you're on, check the hotfix notes since Legion launched, non stop class tuning and this new patch on PTR has this Forum up in arms about further class balnce/tuning.
    What the actual hell does class balance and tuning have to do with anything? Class balance is normal in any MMO and no matter what will always have people up in arms. Just stop now. The discussion was related to the issues Rift had at launch which were many. Stop trying to derail the topic for once. Also no Legendary abilities should be worked on during a beta. Period. That is what a beta is for. To make sure that you don't have to disable half of your damn content when an expansion launches. People here are saying how the expansion launched is not normal for any MMO. Which is a fact whether you choose to believe it or not.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-11-20 at 05:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What the actual hell does class balance and tuning have to do with anything? Class balance is normal in any MMO
    Are you even reading the posts here? i'm not the one crying about class balance and tuning, please read before you post, thank you.

Are you even reading the posts here? i'm not the one crying about class balance and tuning, please read before you post, thank you.
    Did I say you were? I said what does it have to do with the state of Rift's expansion launch? Again if you are actually gonna quote me stop cherry picking to suit your agenda. Legendary abilities for Rift should have been worked on during their so called Beta where nothing actually got worked on. I mean lets face it nothing actually got worked on during beta if shit came out having to be disabled. Which again begs my question what the hell was the point of a Beta? Especially an open one at that.

Btw @theWocky here are the Steam charts. Not an accurate measure god no because of course not everyone uses Steam but well......

http://steamcharts.com/app/39120
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-11-20 at 05:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I said what does it have to do with the state of Rift's expansion launch? Again if you are actually gonna quote me stop cherry picking to suit your agenda
    haha good one, i'm cherry picking? keep shifting those goal posts you might score an own goal...you're actually agreeing with me, once again i'll spell it out for you, it was Wonky who was on about class balance and legendaries, i replied to him, not you saying class balance and tuning will always be an ongoing process, you then agreed with that.

Like i said, please try and keep up.

haha good one, i'm cherry picking? keep shifting those goal posts you might score an own goal...you're actually agreeing with me, once again i'll spell it out for you, it was Wonky who was on about class balance and legendaries, i replied to him, not you saying class balance and tuning will always be an ongoing process, you then agreed with that.

Like i said, please try and keep up.
    Ah so we are going down the snide personal attack road now are we? Also Wocky is right on the legendary abilities part. It should have been worked on during this so called Beta but wait of course they didn't do jack squat during the beta otherwise they wouldn't have had to disable content for 2 days along with further disabling other bits of content would they?

So I will ask again. What was the point of a Beta and Open Beta if they never listened to feedback, did not work on any bugs and were never intent on doing so? Beta is for making sure things like half the content being disabled at launch does not have to happen.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-11-20 at 06:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This expansion is a friggin' huge disappointment

Most people are going:

"Ok, so I'm 70. Done ALL the quests (questing is best way to level). Done the two new dungeons - they take 10~15 min each. What now? ALL CONTENT CLEARED IN 3 days"

Massive assets and zones that have been recycled.
    Planar Assault adventures disabled again - at least the servers are no longer going down
    PvE Siege thing not in yet
    PvP is in a worse state than Nightmare Tide (and that was pretty damn bad)
    Raid not in yet
    Like 6 achievements in dungeons - indicates almost no thought went into dungeon design - it shows.
    Whole zone not in yet - 4 main quest zones only
    Classes still buggy
    Talents buggy

64 stability is NON existent. No-one in the guild is using it. Crashes too often - WITH or without addons.
    F2P methods for making cash are pretty much non existent - BUYING platinum from REX is about the only way to stay ahead of the pack right now - this appears to be by design - this is despite (what many people are calling deception and lies) that "we'll be swimming in platinum"

The only way most raiders will be able to sustain themselves at this point is probably going to be by BUYING PLAT via REX. You make +/- 100platinum per zone you clear. It costs over 600plat to level ONE profession in Starfall Prophecy. "Swimming in Plat" - my arse.

Completely out of touch tuning of content. No balance whatsoever. How this will be possible behind an RNG gear gate is a mystery
    ~ I realize raiding means nothing to a certain White Knight on here cause his guild (largest EU) haven't been able to get enough people to log on to raid for several months now - maybe they'll manage with the new raid being a 10 man.

leveling to 70 is an extremely tedious process unless you buy 160% vials - with planar adventures enabled, this may (maybe) have been "ok" - xp is nerfed in Planar Adventures, but at least it's a semi-ok grind.

Almost every person has experienced some bug or the other. Whole zones were bugged last night.

Not many people are happy right now in my guild, some really angry with Trion because they're pretty much done with the expansion.

This is beyond a shadow of a doubt the least polished, most buggy, least content ever in a Rift expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

The petty crap you get banned for on Trion forums - don't ever try correct a White Knight:

Last edited by theWocky; 2016-11-20 at 10:05 PM.

Wocky honestly dude. Forget it. He thinks what he is doing is healthy for the game. If anything it is just going to drive players away.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-11-20 at 10:08 PM.

Instant Adventures has been disabled on NA shards after NA shards crashing... I honestly don't know what to think at the moment. IAs are the only tolerable way to get from 50-60, and now my rogue will be stuck at 57 for I don't know how long until they decide to bring them back.

Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    Instant Adventures has been disabled on NA shards after NA shards crashing... I honestly don't know what to think at the moment. IAs are the only tolerable way to get from 50-60, and now my rogue will be stuck at 57 for I don't know how long until they decide to bring them back.
    LOL. So much for EU only.

This expansion is a friggin' huge disappointment

Most people are going:

"Ok, so I'm 70. Done ALL the quests (questing is best way to level). Done the two new dungeons - they take 10~15 min each. What now? ALL CONTENT CLEARED IN 3 days" -- Gaming Horror (Runescape Classic FAQ)

Massive assets and zones that have been recycled.
    Planar Assault adventures disabled again - at least the servers are no longer going down
    PvE Siege thing not in yet
    PvP is in a worse state than Nightmare Tide (and that was pretty damn bad)
    Raid not in yet
    Like 6 achievements in dungeons - indicates almost no thought went into dungeon design - it shows.
    Whole zone not in yet - 4 main quest zones only
    Classes still buggy
    Talents buggy

The only way most raiders will be able to sustain themselves at this point is probably going to be by BUYING PLAT via REX. You make +/- 100platinum per zone you clear. It costs over 600plat to level ONE profession in Starfall Prophecy. "Swimming in Plat" - my arse.

Completely out of touch tuning of content. No balance whatsoever. How this will be possible behind an RNG gear gate is a mystery
    ~ I realize raiding means nothing to a certain White Knight on here cause his guild (largest EU) haven't been able to get enough people to log on to raid for several months now - maybe they'll manage with the new raid being a 10 man.

leveling to 70 is an extremely tedious process unless you buy 160% vials - with planar adventures enabled, this may (maybe) have been "ok" - xp is nerfed in Planar Adventures, but at least it's a semi-ok grind.

Almost every person has experienced some bug or the other. Whole zones were bugged last night.

Not many people are happy right now in my guild, some really angry with Trion because they're pretty much done with the expansion.

This is beyond a shadow of a doubt the least polished, most buggy, least content ever in a Rift expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

The petty crap you get banned for on Trion forums - don't ever try correct a White Knight:

Dont be ridiculous! What you meant to say is dont try and correct an employee
    Last edited by ryanmahaffe; 2019-07-15 at 10:28 PM.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

I don't understand how anyone can defend Rift at this point. This goes beyond because they love the game if they feel a broken game is acceptable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice to get the patch notes a few hours early, guess everyone is anxious to start their long weekend off as tomorrow is Turkey Day for the Americans, here's hotfix #3

RIFT 4.0: Hotfix #3 11/23/2016

US: 11/23/16 @ 7:30 AM PST
    EU: 11/24/16 @ 2 AM GMT

RIFT STORE AND SERVICES

* New PVP synergy crystals are available on the store.
    * Added Slayer’s Vengeance and Slayer’s Garb set bonuses to PVP store bought gear.

ZONES

* All graveyard locations have had any local hostile population moved back to a safe distance.
    * Onslaughts: Onslaught fallow time has been reduced from five minutes to one minute to prevent excessive waiting for those who need quest completion.
    * The daily quests Notoriety Republic and A Golden Reputation are now available at level 65 and have rewards that scale up to level 70.

ASHENFALL

* Quest: Blood and Circuses: Players now only need to defeat 6 invasions in Path’s End instead of 8 to complete this quest.
    * Quests: Dragon Detritus and Hellish Relics: Fixed quest text and object names.
    * Shourloth, Ghorgas, Zlobar, and Carli have had their balance tuned for story quests.

GEDLO BADLANDS

* Quest: Ascension: Implemented possible fix.
    * Quest: Carnage: Ascended: Killing player characters over level 65 now gives credit for this quest.

SCATHERRAN FOREST

* Quest: Tuath’de Blades: Players now only need to defeat 4 invasions in Path’s End instead of 8 to complete this quest.

TUATH'DE COVEN

* Art: Added attack animations to Swamp Toads in Tuath’de Coven

DUNGEONS AND RAIDS

DARKENING DEEPS: INTREPID

* Fixed a bug where Scarn would despawn until the instance was soft reset.

TEMPLE OF ANANKE

* Reworked the last fight to be more clear and a bit easier.

TUATH'DE COVEN: EXPERT

* Should now be at the appropriate difficulty. All enemies are roughly 20% tougher.

PVP

* Lowered the amount of stats granted by up bolstered gear in the level 65-70 PVP bracket. Specifically, tertiary stats.
    * Fixed an issue where PVP fragments were being up bolstered.
    * Fixed the stats on Prophetic consumables. They should now be more in-line with general Starfall Prophecy balance.
    * You can no longer use /stuck while in a warfront.

CRAFTING

* The materials needed for the crafted Starhide Leather armor set have been adjusted to require less cloth and more leather.
    * All crafted gear has been increased in power.
    * The achievement Celestial Angler should now credit properly.
    You can no longer infuse planar fragments while in combat (thanks Tsulong!)
    * Disabled the ability to infuse planar fragments while dead.
    * Disabled the ability to switch planar fragment sets while dead.
    * Visionary crafting Amenders now require skill level 500 (was 510).

ITEMS

* Stan's Infra-cell Fishin' Pole and Cosmological Fishin' Pole from the Affinity store are now Bind to Account.

MINIONS

* Rare Minion Missions will now reward Planar Fragments and Celestial Remnants to lvl 65+ players that own Starfall Prophecy.
    * Visionary buff foods now grant the correct buffs.
    * Visionary Seal Runes now can properly be applied to level 65 items.
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...23-2016-a.html

Still no IAs being fixed, I see. I hope they can get them fixed soon. SL zones are horrible.

- - - Updated - - -

No mention of IAs being back, but they are. They are rather broken at the moment, but they are back. What do I mean by this? The automatic mentoring is messed up. I was ported to Morban (level 59 enemies) and was mentored to level 14. Scarwood Reach (level 30-ish zone) IA put me at level 61. Goboro Reef (level 62 zone?) dropped our level to 50.