Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Just remove pestilent pustules or at least make the other options appealing in some way. With the current bracer/castigator meta, pestilent pustules is just too appealing and one of the main reasons we are so ressource flooded.

My thoughts on Unholy's runic power issues:

Death Coil - Iconic Unholy spell, you press the button and your character is shooting a greenish flying orb towards the target, sadly that does not feel satisfying when its doing really low amount of damage and with the increased GCD in 7.0, it feels tedious to spam it.

How to improve it? Lower the GCD of Death Coil to 1 second. Spamming that quick coils towards the target really feels good, often noticing it when i receive a haste buff from Soul Reaper and Heroism, but once that haste drop i feel annoyed how long it takes to dump my runic power. Damage should be similar to Scourge Strike.

Artifact Golden Trait: Double Doom - This trait need a full redesign. Its current form makes Death Coil even more annoying. I often ending up spamming Death Coils and and getting almost all of my runes recharged while my runic power is still around 90.

How to improve it? Replace this trait with a new one - Unholy Blight: Deals 20% of Death Coil's damage as a damage-over-time effect on the target. Stacks.

Here are the rest of my ideas: http://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...4451539#post-4

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Make our next tier set have a chance to pop multiple wounds instead of just 1 per coil.

Making it auto trigger and burst wounds with the tier could also work however there might be issues of you losing some burst, imagine being at 7 stacks you just put reaper on the target a random death coil uses up a wound or as stated above uses up 2 wounds due to how double doom suggested would work and you would have to almost delay apoc by another FS or pop it at 6 to 5 stacks what is generally considered a loss in damage.

According to the notes we are all getting BoS back what does remedy the problem of overcapping by having another large cd but brings back an even worse rng based playstyle on top of an already rng heavy spec as unholy no longer has runic empowerment. Landing BoS well happened rarely so it was mediocre to good cd at best, i don't want to go back to our damage being so heavily based around that but i might be alone in that regard.

A shitty mechanic balance shouldnt be fixed in a set

Deleted
    death coil does legit dmg, around 250k and is usually 3rd place on meters, its fine, maybe applying a FW would make it even better, it does so much already : energy, procs RC, good damage. I'd rather fix DA/defile and make PP baseline, should be more than enough.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by angmaar View Post
    death coil does legit dmg, around 250k and is usually 3rd place on meters, its fine, maybe applying a FW would make it even better, it does so much already : energy, procs RC, good damage. I'd rather fix DA/defile and make PP baseline, should be more than enough.

Death Coil is in many cases the most cast spell on any given fight and the damage it does is nowhere close to be "high".

It hits for around 150k, a single festering wound deals about 100k damage. It deals even less damage than Virulent plague. and every 2 death coils you could have casted 3 scourge strikes.

Try simming your character and see the time spent, nothing consumes more time (GCD) than Deathcoil at the end of any boss.
    Last edited by mmoc76053cf4df; 2016-11-21 at 01:05 PM.

In what universe is your Death Coil that powerful? even if you have triple my current Mastery. My Death Coil at 40% mastery deals ~65k damage per cast. Even if you had double my DC damage (180% Mastery, iirc, which you don't, cause that's impossible) Your DC would still only deal 240k on a CRIT.

DC is typically very -low- on the damage scale, often equating to about twice the damage of an Old War Potion, or the entire damage of Virulent Plague.

Source: Mythic Ursoc logs. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=87

DC has so much riding on it that it is one of our most CAST skills, but nowhere near the highest damage. Even our Army does more between 3-4 casts of Apocalypse and full-on Army. DC needs some more reliable damage attached to it. Not more RNG. (Not more AOE damage btw. Nobody cares that we don't get to Death Coil on AOE).

Imo, Sudden Doom should no longer make Death Coil free. Instead, it should increase it's damage by a satisfying amount. The Double Doom trait could be reworked to give Sudden Doom Death Coils an extra effect such as applying a Festering Wound, making Death Coil hit all nearby targets or any feasible extra effect you can think of. (Not saying that the effects mentioned would work, they're just there just to give a simple example).

Again, imo, the problem with Unholy (and Frost with enough gear and RA specced) resource generation isn't the amount generated itself, it's those GCDs we spend that don't use resources such as Sudden Doom (and Rime for Frost), Dark Transformation, Summon Gargoyle, etc. If resource generation was reduced then we would have more downtime in our rotation (currently we only get downtime if we get unlucky with RC (Unholy) or RE (Frost), which is fine imo).

What I would propose is to make Sudden Doom (and maybe even Rime) no longer free, and other spells that don't consume resources like Dark Transformation and Summon Gargoyle to be off the GCD. This would let us keep dishing out abilities non-stop (which I find to be fun) while consuming those resources we generate so much of.

10+ Year Old Account
    Something around making DC spend more runic power and give extra damage, e.g. DC 40 base RP up to 80 or something, the extra RP would also add extra chance on runic empowerment. They could also, somehow, make DC give energy to the pet or maintain a buff on it, corrupt pet? DC, as it is now, is boring, not worth it and just a sad ability...

To make it interact in aoe scenarios, something like "death coil hits all targets affected by your disease" or similar to Avenger's Shield/Arcane Barrage it just bounces around targets? and a damage buff + cost more so its worth but not overcapping

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post

Sometimes I wonder where I should go to have constructive feedback/talk, when the majority is talking just to talk.
    Your ass, you don't care about anything anyone says, you believe you are right and on a high horse.

Just don't post here anymore. You are not helping at all.

Do you want to know the difference between his posts and yours? he post sources, you post "facts" that are irrelevant.
    Last edited by mmoc76053cf4df; 2016-11-21 at 02:32 PM.

Yeah Sudden Doom is pretty bad. It will be the last talent that I pickup. I only have 4 more to go!
    Last edited by Rallaster; 2016-11-21 at 03:29 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by raionyx View Post
    In what universe is your Death Coil that powerful? even if you have triple my current Mastery. My Death Coil at 40% mastery deals ~65k damage per cast. Even if you had double my DC damage (180% Mastery, iirc, which you don't, cause that's impossible) Your DC would still only deal 240k on a CRIT.

DC is typically very -low- on the damage scale, often equating to about twice the damage of an Old War Potion, or the entire damage of Virulent Plague.

Source: Mythic Ursoc logs. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=87

DC has so much riding on it that it is one of our most CAST skills, but nowhere near the highest damage. Even our Army does more between 3-4 casts of Apocalypse and full-on Army. DC needs some more reliable damage attached to it. Not more RNG. (Not more AOE damage btw. Nobody cares that we don't get to Death Coil on AOE).
    According to skada, it does around 250k crits and 84k non-crit, i'm 885 ilvl with 50% mastery atm... most likely DC crits while the boss is debuffed by the ghouls, still, it's always the 3rd on damage after FW and SS

Deleted
    NO!

Don't correct the witchhunters. DC is dealing less than autoattack, that's a FACT!

Im trying to be a part of the ride guys...

All fun aside. During a fight that lasts 3min(with 85 casts), DC is the 2nd highest damage source, next to Festering Wounds(they are pretty close).

The reason to some people are saying "yeah, but as you see, DC is so LOOOW on the rankings and my DPS sucks". Yeah dude, you don't use it enough. You are supposed to cast it 150 times on a average Mythic boss(in this example, you are doing 50% of that). These numbers are simulated.
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2016-11-21 at 03:03 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    NO!

Don't correct the witchhunters. DC is dealing less than autoattack, that's a FACT!

Im trying to be a part of the ride guys...

All fun aside. During a fight that lasts 3min(with 85 casts), DC is the 2nd highest damage source, next to Festering Wounds(they are pretty close).

The reason to some people are saying "yeah, but as you see, DC is so LOOOW on the rankings and my DPS sucks". Yeah dude, you don't use it enough. You are supposed to cast it 150 times on a average Mythic boss(in this example, you are doing 50% of that). These numbers are simulated.
    This is the parse for the top Unholy DK on the world doing Mythic Ursoc. Simplest fight of all.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=12

3:30 duration - 67 DC cast - Never capped on RP for more than 2 GCDs

DC Damage is 4th behind AOTD (As expected)

I don't know where you are pulling your numbers but they are WAY off.

Gargoyle doing 2% total damage...this needs a change for sure. Needs improved damage ffs...
    Same for our iconic weapon special apocalypse 1.10% damage.. soulreaper 2% damage. at least these 2 abilities need a lower CD.
    8 shambler procs on that fight (6 min + fight). just retarded...

UH feels like a disgrace...

Quote Originally Posted by Starsinn View Post
    Make it like deathcoil from wc3 so it just straight up kills the target from 100%.
    I'd swap back to unholy in a heartbeat. Why isn't this a thing? Praise the new death knight overlords.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TiagoRamos View Post
    Gargoyle doing 2% total damage...this needs a change for sure. Needs improved damage ffs...
    Same for our iconic weapon special apocalypse 1.10% damage.. soulreaper 2% damage. at least these 2 abilities need a lower CD.
    8 shambler procs on that fight (6 min + fight). just retarded...

UH feels like a disgrace...
    Apoc does a shit ton of damage. You're only looking at the 300k base hit. You aren't looking at the instant 8 wound pop (which is an additional mil-ish damage) plus the 15 second ghoul damage and debuff.

@angmaar , I'd like to see some logs where that's the case.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by raionyx View Post
    @angmaar , I'd like to see some logs where that's the case.
    don't have logs, got this : http://imgur.com/a/l0mUV

how about just take DC out of GCD

don't have logs, got this : http://imgur.com/a/l0mUV
    The "maximum hit" statistic is not a good frame of reference for hard it'll typically crit, though. Not even remotely.