Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Legendary neck vs Crafted 855 neck/Ursoc neck?

I am not one of those noobs that use accessories or items in general because of their ilvl rather than stats. For example I have the 855 crafted ring that is about 1500 haste then I have another 860 ring with 1307 haste from mythic + instead of using my 885 and 880 rings in bag with crap stats. So no '' use the legendary neck because it has higher ilvl '', please.

Legendary neck have crit/mastery (and 150 haste assuming you put haste gem). Ursoc neck mythic got haste/mastery. That is an increase of about 900 haste compared to legendary. The crafted neck (if you are lucky enough to come across it on AH) Got just as the ring a total of 1500 haste ish with socket. That is 1500 more haste than legendary neck + it also have some 600 crit or so.

I have hard time believing legendary neck bubble that only heal you are better than absolutely BiS stat crafted neck? Looking at loot table there is no neck until mythic nighthold that gives that amount of haste.

What are your view on this? Keep neck or look for ursoc neck/crafted one? Anyone done math on this?

Nope, the legendary is not worth it unless the stats on it are your best stats.
    The neck might be worth it for tanks after the changes but they are not live yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    The neck might be worth it for tanks after the changes but they are not live yet.
    Ye should have pointed out that I am resto druid.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    So it's most likely not good at all.
    This is an issue for all the "utility" legendaries but it's even worse for necks and rings as they have no mains stats.

Toss it into your bank and forget about it.

Deleted
    Can you link your armory? Crit and mastery are not bad stats for resto and pure stacking haste is not the best way to gear up

Quote Originally Posted by Tantprilla View Post
    Can you link your armory? Crit and mastery are not bad stats for resto and pure stacking haste is not the best way to gear up
    forget it, the noob has already made up his mind. Not even sure why they even made a thread about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dead dps do no damage, dead healers do no healing etc. Do you only do easy content where people don't die? Yeah sure, toss it in the bank. I'm using mine even if the stats suck.

Lol don't spread misinformation. That bubble is pretty good and is becoming near-OP status with 7.1.5.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    As a Boomkin/Resto, I would use that neck in a heartbeat. Sure it doesn't have Haste on it, but a 30% shield every 30s is amazingly good.

Unless you're not using it because you have other legendaries (like the ring and bracers for Resto), you'd be crazy not to wear it.

PS: Having 0 Mastery/Versatility will easily make Mastery/Versatility scale stupidly higher for you than Haste. Don't just abandon your other stats.
    PPS: Crit is your second best stat. Mastery is your 1st to 3rd depending on your group size. Small groups = Mastery is amazing (Dungeons - 10-player Raids for example). Large groups = Mastery is bad. The stats are fine; you should definitely be using that neck, even moreso come 7.1.5.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2016-11-20 at 06:01 PM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Lol don't spread misinformation. That bubble is pretty good and is becoming near-OP status with 7.1.5.

As a Boomkin/Resto, I would use that neck in a heartbeat. Sure it doesn't have Haste on it, but a 30% shield every 30s is amazingly good.

Unless you're not using it because you have other legendaries (like the ring and bracers for Resto), you'd be crazy not to wear it.

PS: Having 0 Mastery/Versatility will easily make Mastery/Versatility scale stupidly higher for you than Haste. Don't just abandon your other stats.
    PPS: Crit is your second best stat. Mastery is your 1st to 3rd depending on your group size. Small groups = Mastery is amazing (Dungeons - 10-player Raids for example). Large groups = Mastery is bad. The stats are fine; you should definitely be using that neck, even moreso come 7.1.5.
    It's a damn shied, who cares? It does not help your output in any way.
    Most other legendaries and epics with good stats will be better for you as a healer.

Deleted
    It's a damn shied, who cares? It does not help your output in any way.
    Most other legendaries and epics with good stats will be better for you as a healer.
    Why do you keep talking as if Crit/Mastery are bad stats? Also a 30% shield every 30 seconds will literally help your throughput by 1% of your max HP every second. If you have 2.2mil HP you get 22000 HPS just from that neck, but maybe you dont consider absorbs to be healing?

Why do you keep talking as if Crit/Mastery are bad stats? Also a 30% shield every 30 seconds will literally help your throughput by 1% of your max HP every second. If you have 2.2mil HP you get 22000 HPS just from that neck, but maybe you dont consider absorbs to be healing?
    It's only on you and there is no guarantee it's up when you need it.

Also, would you not rather have haste?
    As I said though, if the stats are good for you it's fine but the shield is rather "meh". There are way better items out there.

I'm in a very similar situation as yourself.

I have an 860 haste/mastery socket neck from a Mythic 8. I also have the legendary neck.

From a boomkin perspective (my MS) technically the legendary neck is a 2% upgrade over my 860 neck however I've chosen not to use it.

I've got it gemmed and enchanted for tanking as it's a 19% upgrade compared to my 2nd best tanking neck.

I do use it when I play resto though as it's still an upgrade over the other neck even with agi gem and iron hide enchant.

If you only do easy raiding where you are never close to dying - don't use this legendary.

If you often do hard stuff where you risk dying - use this legendary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For Resto, Prydaz is incredibly strong and probably better than all but 2-3 of our legendaries. The shield that it procs accounts for 3-4% of my healing done on a typical fight. The only EN/TOV fight that it doesn't play well on is Dragons (because of the constant damage preventing it from proccing). While you could argue that the self healing it does isn't overly relevant compared to other healing sources, it does add survivability, and it does reduce the amount of GCDs, mana, etc that you and other healers need to heal you. It's really far from useless. The output you get from Prydaz likely exceeds what you can get from anything other than Tearstone of Elune, the Swiftmend bracers and maybe the Tranq boots. It clearly beats the other 4 legendaries.

Yes, it's not ideally itemized for Resto. However, it is at least 20 ilvl (and probably closer to 35 ilvl if you don't get lucky with Titanforged) higher than any other neck you're going to be able to get and has a socket. Resto stat priorities aren't so far apart that you would ever want to pass on a 20+ ilvl upgrade (I wouldn't even recommend passing up more than 5 ilvl for itemization). All of our stats are reasonably close together in value (even Mastery in raids is probably only like 10% behind at most that Cultivation is the predominant raid build). A 910 socketed neck beats an 880-895 Crit/Haste neck even ignoring the proc. The bottom line is, you should equip it (as Resto) unless you have 2+ of the other 3 top tier legendaries.

Now, when 7.1.5 goes live, Prydaz becomes ridiculous and our clear BiS. The shield percentage is being buffed from 15% to 30%, and it's now proccing automatically every 30 seconds, instead of at most every 35 seconds (with 5 seconds of not taking damage). This is at least a 130% buff to the shield effect, and it becomes useful on constant damage fights like Dragons. When it's already doing about 4% of your healing, it will now do 8-10%. Post 7.1.5, I would probably take it over any other Resto legendary.

I cant count how many times this neck saved me from dying lol

Using Prydaz as resto druid and tbh, i'm so satisfied by it that i'm thinking of swapping my loot to Bear to hunt some guardian legendary.

It adds nice self healing free of charge; it makes me really sturdy with Guardian Affinity and it's a godsend on my M+ above 11.

Deleted
    It's only on you and there is no guarantee it's up when you need it.

Also, would you not rather have haste?
    As I said though, if the stats are good for you it's fine but the shield is rather "meh". There are way better items out there.
    Your reasoning is not stupid by any means but it rests on the assumption that haste is always your best stat for all scenarios.

Crit is the most efficient stat for a resto druid beating out even haste if you consider mana, the only reason haste is our best stat in a pawnstring is because it measures raw throughput and haste double dips because of the GCD-reduction it provides.

That basically means that haste is amazing if you have infinite mana but the only time where that is the case is in mythic+ where mastery is even better.
    In terms of mana efficiency haste is actually our worst stat being like 15% below versa.

If you use pawn for upgrades then I would suggest using Torty's spreadsheet where you can get more exact values for your character. Can't link because I'm new.

Your reasoning is not stupid by any means but it rests on the assumption that haste is always your best stat for all scenarios.

Crit is the most efficient stat for a resto druid beating out even haste if you consider mana, the only reason haste is our best stat in a pawnstring is because it measures raw throughput and haste double dips because of the GCD-reduction it provides.

That basically means that haste is amazing if you have infinite mana but the only time where that is the case is in mythic+ where mastery is even better.
    In terms of mana efficiency haste is actually our worst stat being like 15% below versa.

If you use pawn for upgrades then I would suggest using Torty's spreadsheet where you can get more exact values for your character. Can't link because I'm new.
    I'm not debating what stats are good for your class. You probably know resto druid way better than I do. I'm sure crits great.
    The shield is ok at best. It might have been a bit better if it was a use effect, maybe but even then, most classes have way better legendaries that actually help you heal more or do more damage.

With the buffs it might actually be a bit better but even then, it's boring as fuck and for a DPS, it's still crap.

I'm not debating what stats are good for your class. You probably know resto druid way better than I do. I'm sure crits great.
    The shield is ok at best. It might have been a bit better if it was a use effect, maybe but even then, most classes have way better legendaries that actually help you heal more or do more damage.

With the buffs it might actually be a bit better but even then, it's boring as fuck and for a DPS, it's still crap.
    It's actually an extremely strong proc for Resto - it actually adds 3-4% more total healing done. There are only 2-3 legendaries that do more than that.

Also, what matters isn't whether Haste or Crit is our best stat in all situations, what matters is how big of a difference in stat value there is between Haste, Crit and the other secondary stats. An 850 neck has 1835 secondary stats. An 880 neck has 1941 secondary stats and a legendary 910 neck has 2298 secondary stats. If you're comparing something like a crafted neck to the legendary, it's going to be whether getting 463 more secondary stats in total outweighs itemization. For Resto Druids, ilvl almost always outweighs itemization, definitely with 30+ ilvl gaps because all 4 secondaries are probably less than 15% apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    It's actually an extremely strong proc for Resto - it actually adds 3-4% more total healing done. There are only 2-3 legendaries that do more than that.

Also, what matters isn't whether Haste or Crit is our best stat in all situations, what matters is how big of a difference in stat value there is between Haste, Crit and the other secondary stats. An 850 neck has 1835 secondary stats. An 880 neck has 1941 secondary stats and a legendary 910 neck has 2298 secondary stats. If you're comparing something like a crafted neck to the legendary, it's going to be whether getting 463 more secondary stats in total outweighs itemization. For Resto Druids, ilvl almost always outweighs itemization, definitely with 30+ ilvl gaps because all 4 secondaries are probably less than 15% apart.
    Yeah, it adds that on you. Thats extremely inflexible. Good for dragons or l'gynoth maybe... sometimes?
    Again though, if the stats are good for you, go for it. But thats what it is - A stat stick.