10+ Year Old Account

Christmas Gifts...

So then guys, Its nearly that time of year again and I'm struggling to pick what I would like for Christmas. my budget is about £300/€350/$370. What are you guys wanting this year? even if you are buying it yourself in some cases

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I usually don't worry about what I'd get, I'm usually more concerned about what to get other people. >.<
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Deleted
    The same as every year: nothing.

I have all the shit that I want and I'll be telling people again that I don't want anything and they'll look all confused again and oh god I hate Christmas. It's been completely corrupted by consumerism.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    I don't celebrate holidays
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

Deleted
    I am getting this for Christmas, I hope.

https://www.jochen-schweizer.de/gesc...efault,pd.html

It is a Rally Trainning introduction and afterwards you get to drive a Rally Car with a Instructor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Books!

10char
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

My husband is deployed with a crappy internet connection. He okayed me to get myself something that I wanted :P So now I'm shopping for a new CPU for my pc. I also wanted a new blender. I like getting new appliances.

He's harder... mostly because I'd just get him FF15... but he hasn't had the time to play video games at all. He missed his birthday in October as well... so I decided to combine it with Christmas AND our wedding anniversary in March (he's coming back in April). I think I'm just gonna get a minor gift for Christmas... then sit and mull over our conversations of the last few years. I tend to get him things from stuff he casually mentions wanting, then forgets about it. So I'll decide from there.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    The same as every year: nothing.
    Same. I buy what I want and my daughter gets a set amount of cash. I can't be bothered with trying to figure out what someone else wants.

It's been completely corrupted by consumerism.
    It's been corrupted by religion.

Quote Originally Posted by Vizardlorde View Post
    I don't celebrate holidays
    I don't do holidays, either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felicia View Post
    My husband is deployed with a crappy internet connection. He okayed me to get myself something that I wanted :P So now I'm shopping for a new CPU for my pc. I also wanted a new blender. I like getting new appliances.

He's harder... mostly because I'd just get him FF15... but he hasn't had the time to play video games at all. He missed his birthday in October as well... so I decided to combine it with Christmas AND our wedding anniversary in March (he's coming back in April). I think I'm just gonna get a minor gift for Christmas... then sit and mull over our conversations of the last few years. I tend to get him things from stuff he casually mentions wanting, then forgets about it. So I'll decide from there.
    A new CPU could be a good idea actually....

Deleted
    and oh god I hate Christmas. It's been completely corrupted by consumerism.
    While this is true to some degree, Christmas (and Advent) is still hands down my favourite time/holiday of the year. We do celebrate it in a quite traditional way, though - and it is just so festive and nice.

That said: I don't care what I get myself, but I am usually putting a LOT of thoughts into what to get for my family.

I give my family a list every year now, starting at 16 with my first job i started telling people I want nothing and to please save their money after years of getting stuff that not only wasted their money but was of no use/want to me at all i decided if they are gonna waste it anyways may as well get something good out of it.

Some nice wool socks.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    My parents wanted to give 100€ to buy what i wanted, instead i told them to get me what are the 3 core books of the Stoic philosophy:
    - Marcus Aurelius Medidations
    - Seneca's Letters to Lucilius
    - Epictetus Discourses

As for anything else, i'll probably have a few spare change to buy myself one or two piece of clothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    It's been corrupted by religion.
    Yet a lot of holidays has a religious background, so "corrupted" wouldn't be the right choice of words

Quote Originally Posted by Kotutha View Post
    I am getting this for Christmas, I hope.

https://www.jochen-schweizer.de/gesc...efault,pd.html

It is a Rally Trainning introduction and afterwards you get to drive a Rally Car with a Instructor.
    Ahhh, jealous :O Wish there was something like that around here.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.