Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Lmao, MMOC turning into Russia where they pretend gays don't exist and don't talk about them, huh?
    You do realise discussing private servers was already against the forum rules as it is yes? We were lucky to have this one open for so long. But now the circumstances have changed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for all the replies fam! See ya later if this thread gets closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    You do realise discussing private servers was already against the forum rules as it is yes? We were lucky to have this one open for so long. But now the circumstances have changed.
    Which is dumb and screams of Putin's Russia where gays are a myth

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by robodin View Post
    Did Twitch change their ToS recently to outright ban private server streaming? Because there used to be a streamer in my language, who did nothing but play on private servers, and he stuck around for quite some time (he'd always appears in the list, since there aren't too many WoW streamers in my language). Someone said it was because he wasn't monetizing (or whatever it's called) his stream, ie. having ads playing etc.
    They did this back when [MOD SNIP] was still available. It was the reason Sodapoppin, Kungen & other streamers never streamed it. All private servers stream get banned even thoughs with barely any viewers. It's basically they find you than your banned.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2016-11-20 at 08:22 PM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    Not much has changed, as I understand it. Mention of working servers were never supposed to be named, and they still aren't as we were reminded. The original server that *used* to be in the thread title is being upgraded back to working status, so it is being added to the list of "names" not to mention. That's all.

It was becoming interchangeable with another PS, also by adding a "2" at the end of the original (as with a sequel), so it makes sense to nip it now, before it really did get out of control.
    I don't know how you can say "nothing much has changed," when discussing [MOD SNIP] was the reason this thread ever existed. Circumstances have changed and its no longer feasible to discuss classic realms without mentioning things which are against the rules.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2016-11-20 at 08:23 PM.

Seems people are having trouble adjusting to the new rules.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I don't know how you can say "nothing much has changed," when discussing **** was the reason this thread ever existed. Circumstances have changed and its no longer feasible to discuss classic realms without mentioning things which are against the rules.
    The introductory post #1 reveals the change, as "mod edit #2":

Quote Originally Posted by Halefire94 View Post
    [MOD SNIP], the largest Vanilla private server, has been shut down.

EDIT: Thank you all for contributing, both those for and against [MOD SNIP] and those for and against Legacy servers. For those interested, please sign the petition below:

https://www.change.org/p/mike-morhai...raft-community

At the time of this edit, over 200k have shown their support for legacy servers. Let's make it 300k!

MOD EDIT

As of today, 4/27/2016, we've decided to forward all new classic server discussion to this thread. Anyone wanting to discuss the idea of classic servers, how they can be implemented, what is cool about classic, your memories of classic, [MOD SNIP], and the like will post here.

MOD EDIT #2

DONT NAME PRIVATE SERVERS.
    Conversation for the most part was accomplished without even bringing up Names. The term private server was not mod edited out of the first sentence. Its the only term that is needed anyways to discuss how others do them and how Blizzard should also do them.

So what are you going to say in 1 month, after the server is launched and well, when the ALliance and Horde still have massive 50 v 50s in Hillsbrad?
    We'll be doing 40v40 in Hillsbrad on retail as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    They gave the middle finger to their base of players one to many times.
    When you asked something from your mother or father, and they refused your request, do you tell people that they gave you the 'middle finger' as well? I'm curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    We'll be doing 40v40 in Hillsbrad on retail as well.

- - - Updated - - -

When you asked something from your mother or father, and they refused your request, do you tell people that they gave you the 'middle finger' as well? I'm curious.
    No, he goes around and gets what he wanted without their help.

Which is kinda what people are doing.

I don't know how you can say "nothing much has changed," when discussing [MOD SNIP] was the reason this thread ever existed. Circumstances have changed and its no longer feasible to discuss classic realms without mentioning things which are against the rules.
    Quoting myself here with the mod edit as a perfect example of why it's silly to keep this thread open. =/

Quoting myself here with the mod edit as a perfect example of why it's silly to keep this thread open. =/
    Yeah this thread turned really strange overnight. It was quite the run but I don't see it going much further.

I'm sure having it closed would make your day, which is why you intentionally break policy changes.

No, he goes around and gets what he wanted without their help.
    So why is Blizzard a 'special case', and people have to state that Blizzard is giving them the 'middle finger'? Even when not doing anything of the sort?

I'm sure having it closed would make your day, which is why you intentionally break policy changes.
    And I'm sure you'd love it to stay open to further your agenda. See we can blame both sides!

I don't want this thread to close but I think it's pretty ridiculous that we can no longer discuss the very thing which caused nearly 1,800 pages worth of discussion. The thread has served its purpose and it's time we took it out behind the shed and put it out of its own misery.

Tbh why don't we just discuss the good old days and the possibilities of legit classic servers? I mean that's the kind of Legacy a lot of people want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let me just spell it out: Private Server Name = Not Okay. Using the term "private server" = perfectly fine.

If you want to discuss what Blizz should do and what the draw is it should be easy enough to discuss that using that rule. If what you actually want is to discuss the specifics of one or another private server, then yes, it would be hard to do that without using the name, but that's actually the discussion we are trying to prevent.

If that's your interest, you should find a different forum to discuss it.

Tbh why don't we just discuss the good old days and the possibilities of legit classic servers? I mean that's the kind of Legacy a lot of people want.
    This has been discussed, ad infinitum, at various points throughout this thread. But it's kind of weird to discuss the possibility of Blizzard sanctioned classic realms when the very impetus behind their implementation -- private realms -- is not allowed. It just creates a weird dichotomy where players are forced to censor themselves from something that's blatantly obvious. (See: Louis C.K. on "the 'N'-word.")

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Let me just spell it out: Private Server Name = Not Okay. Using the term "private server" = perfectly fine.

If you want to discuss what Blizz should do and what the draw is it should be easy enough to discuss that using that rule. If what you actually want is to discuss the specifics of one or another private server, then yes, it would be hard to do that without using the name, but that's actually the discussion we are trying to prevent.

If that's your interest, you should find a different forum to discuss it.
    Skarma bit off topic here but where is @Darsithis recently? Usually he heavily moderated this thread and he hasn't been about for a while. Kind of miss him as well always fun to have a discussion with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Skarma bit off topic here but where is @Darsithis recently? Usually he heavily moderated this thread and he hasn't been about for a while. Kind of miss him as well always fun to have a discussion with.
    Prbly on vacation, who knows. He pops in here & there.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.