Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    What's about everyone stuck at 2 doing a fairly hardcore grind? A lot of the very competitive guilds (those who did more in the first 2 weeks than some people have still done) got their 3rd or 4th when the bug was in, and now they are complaining because they are subject to the same RNG system as everyone else. Most of my guild still has 1 or 2, those that mainly log into raid and do a m+ here and there, others that do every WQ with AP, emissary, raid, and m+ chain between raids who have 3-5, and I'm in the middle where I do every emissary, AP WQ, raid, and a few m+ every day and I have 2. Does that mean that there are diminishing returns at 2 legendaries, 3, 4, 5? Where do people just accept that RNG is RNG?
    I freely admit that may s there is a bug in the system, but seeing as how people have complained about this for longer than this forum started, and in more official places, it's safe to assume that it would have been discovered by now, as the first bug took 2-3 weeks to find and fix.
    not sure what ur definition of "fairly hardcore grind" is , my definition of "fairly hardcore grind" is at least having 600-800 m+ dungeons completed at this point of time and have artifact trait above 35 levels.

Clearing emissary , raid n m+ here n there is not what i would call a "fairly hardcore grind".

No one complained when they are stuck at 2 because they got their 3rd and 4th at a fairly stable rate by playing more, however at this point of time getting the 5th is seemingly impossible for players sitting at 4 legendary, no matter how long they play.

Players complain about this because they are stuck at 4 over the course of farming m+ dungeons for legendaries , the first 4 came at a very stable rate and most of them are already sitting at 4x legendary before they finish the level 35 artifact trait grind.

Quoted directly from OP,

Players like this http://www.wowprogress.com/character...vencrest/Cerli , 2000+ clears for m+ dungeons (insane) and still sit at 4 is a strong evidence that suggests there is a diminishing return / softcap being coded by blizz at 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Mykk View Post
    Obviously you don't still get it. There is supposedly bad luck protection making it so that players cannot go too long without legendary. And only reason to explain that is its not either working after 4th legendary or its removed and chance of getting legendary is reduced close to zero at 4th legendary.

While myself i also run over 400 HC's and daily emissaries and weekly mythics etc before i got my legendary from mythic+ but overall i've done more while trying to reach my 5th and some players have run 2-5x mine and not even getting their fifth.

While its rng but like i have several times mentioned there is supposedly be bad luck protection giving you legendary if you go without legendary too long and the fact is that i no one truly knows anyone who has 5 legendaries outside of those who got 1 or more before bug was fixed. It cannot be just coincidence that all of us are at 4th legendary and not getting our fifth.

One or two cases could be called rng but its even in top guilds saying that they are at 4 legendaries
    Why should players that have 4 or more legendaries have same luck protection as players with 0 or 1? Its not close to zero when there are ppl with 7 or more? If its close to zero then having people with more than that would be impossible, well not impossible but close to it, and lets not talk about 5-8

You and i did that many, some players did far ;ess and have more. You have 4 i have 2 so i dont see the problem. Every single cache since day one, countless hc, mythics, mythic+ and only 2. One was from CoS +6 and other from cache.

Are there people with more than 4 legendaries?
    Last edited by markos82; 2016-11-20 at 07:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    and thats why i said "i have seen otherwise, as i have seen people with more then 4" and hes asking me for proof
    That's a lie. You're a liar.

Or

You can prove your underlined statement.

Quote Originally Posted by JIMM- View Post
    not sure what ur definition of "fairly hardcore grind" is , my definition of "fairly hardcore grind" is at least having 600-800 m+ dungeons completed at this point of time and have artifact trait above 35 levels.

Clearing emissary , raid n m+ here n there is not what i would call a "fairly hardcore grind".

No one complained when they are stuck at 2 because they got their 3rd and 4th at a fairly stable rate by playing more, however at this point of time getting the 5th is seemingly impossible for players sitting at 4 legendary, no matter how long they play.

Players complain about this because they are stuck at 4 over the course of farming m+ dungeons for legendaries , the first 4 came at a very stable rate and most of them are already sitting at 4x legendary before they finish the level 35 artifact trait grind.

Quoted directly from OP,

Players like this http://www.wowprogress.com/character...vencrest/Cerli , 2000+ clears for m+ dungeons (insane) and still sit at 4 is a strong evidence that suggests there is a diminishing return / softcap being coded by blizz at 4.
    No, players in THIS thread are complaining about being stuck at 4. I, and many like me, complain about being stuck at 2, some complain about being stuck at 3.
    What about this guy who has 5?
    http://www.wowprogress.com/character...alyon/Akimmike
    Or this guy who has 4?
    http://www.wowprogress.com/character...n/Murlocholmes
    I've done roughly the same as those 2 (maybe not in cleared time), yet I still only have 2.
    As for the person you linked, that IS a hardcore player, not a fairly hardcore.
    As I've stated before, we don't know what the bad luck protection is, let alone how it's calculated. It's safe to assume that everyone starts at a low chance, and everything you do doesn't increase that chance by much. Again (just for arguement), if everyone starts at a 10% chance, and every m+ gives .001% chance, then after all 2000 of his/her mythics would only give him a 12% chance, let alone the every time he/she acquired one the % is reset to the starting.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2016-11-20 at 07:33 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrubSlayer View Post
    Pretty much agree. I've spent countless hours spamming M+ and have yet to see my third. Also i'm more frightened to get another bad one instead of the one i want because of this supposed cap.

From what i've seen it seems to be easier to get what you want by making an alt.
    My prydaz on my firemage disagrees.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    can you make it a poll then so we can get some statistics out of this please?
    amount of legendaries
    10+
    A poll doesn't do anything at all, people lie. There was a similar poll on reddit and, up until I checked, people were reporting a 20% participation in Mythic Raiding which was an absolute lie.

As to the topic at hand, I do not know if there is a softcap or if it is pure RNG but Blizzard needs to pull their shit together with all the hidden mechanics that makes almost everyone very frustrated.

There was a similar poll on reddit and, up until I checked, people were reporting a 20% participation in Mythic Raiding which was an absolute lie.
    Just to make up some numbers.. you could have 10 million subs, 1 million mythic raiders (10% participation overall)

You poll 10,000 people, 80% of them are mythic raiders.

This isn't a lie, you've found 8000 mythic raiders when there are 1 million of them. Consider that Mythic raiders are much, MUCH more likely than the average WoW player to browse MMO champion, Reddit or discussion forums about the game in general. Your mistake is then that you have assumed these players to be perfectly representative of the average WoW player when they're not.
    Last edited by Svisalith; 2016-11-20 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    Why should players that have 4 or more legendaries have same luck protection as players with 0 or 1? Its not close to zero when there are ppl with 7 or more? If its close to zero then having people with more than that would be impossible, well not impossible but close to it, and lets not talk about 5-8

You and i did that many, some players did far ;ess and have more. You have 4 i have 2 so i dont see the problem. Every single cache since day one, countless hc, mythics, mythic+ and only 2. One was from CoS +6 and other from cache.

Are there people with more than 4 legendaries?
    Are you fuckin kidding me seriously? Having multiple legendaries has nothing to do with anything. Everyone should have same chance of getting legendaries and bad luck protection should procc same ways to all players.

With your mentality players who log in once in month should get same rewards as player who playes 10 hours every day. It does not work that way and it should not.

With your mentality comes another huge problem. When player gets more lucky and gets their 2 bis legendaries at first try while someone might get 4 shit ones. How is that player supposed to competete if he is not allowed to get anymore legendaries?

Also i don't care if i had 2 legendaries or 4 as long as i've 2 bis legendaries. I've 2 legendaries that i don't even want to use and everytime i see them on bank it makes me want to delete them. Pretty much same goes with my boots but atleast it has decent stats

Seriously can you stop brainfarting?

Also like you i run shitloads of heroic dungeons, weekly mythics and each freaking cache and around 50+ mythics before getting my first one. I agree my sample size is not biggest but there is shit loads of players that have x2-5 times more done and they're not getting their fifth just prooves how fuckin messed up this is.

There should not be any limitations regarding how fast you can acquire legendary atm. Baseline could be like 0.1% and once enough time passes fresh chars could have catch up mechanic but base value should be same to all players
    Last edited by Mykk; 2016-11-20 at 08:06 PM.

Deleted
    blizzard has flat out stated they are able to adjust the chance of a legendary drop based on how many you have. (i think it was at 7.1 release? they said something like "increased chance if you don't have a legendary yet").

So yeah i think it wouldn't be a stretch to say that your bad luck protection goes up slower and slower the more legendaries you get. Or perhaps rather, that blizzard increases the chances for people behind the curve periodically.

Are you fuckin kidding me seriously? Having multiple legendaries has nothing to do with anything. Everyone should have same chance of getting legendaries and bad luck protection should procc same ways to all players.

With your mentality players who log in once in month should get same rewards as player who playes 10 hours every day. It does not work that way and it should not.
    Are you stupid that you don't understand? Blizzard said that there will be a protection so that all players before Nighthold opens should have 2, no matter how much you play.
    With your mentality you think you are entitled to something just because you play more than someone? I have 27days total played time on lvl110, 1000+ HC, 100+ mythic and more than 150 M+ and I have 2, yeah and I have every single cache done.

With your mentality comes another huge problem. When player gets more lucky and gets their 2 bis legendaries at first try while someone might get 4 shit ones. How is that player supposed to competete if he is not allowed to get anymore legendaries?

Also i don't care if i had 2 legendaries or 4 as long as i've 2 bis legendaries. I've 2 legendaries that i don't even want to use and everytime i see them on bank it makes me want to delete them. Pretty much same goes with my boots but atleast it has decent stats
    And that is a problem with you think that increasing the chance to get legendary would give you the one you need. You can still get shitty one even if its 5th or 6th, that doesnt matter, what matters is that Blizzard thought it would be fun to put in game legendary items that are useless for 95% of specs and the fact that you can get all of them before you get your 2bis. That is the biggest problem...

Seriously can you stop brainfarting?

Also like you i run shitloads of heroic dungeons, weekly mythics and each freaking cache and around 50+ mythics before getting my first one. I agree my sample size is not biggest but there is shit loads of players that have x2-5 times more done and they're not getting their fifth just prooves how fuckin messed up this is.

There should not be any limitations regarding how fast you can acquire legendary atm. Baseline could be like 0.1% and once enough time passes fresh chars could have catch up mechanic but base value should be same to all players
    Me brainfarting?!?

You can do 1000 M+ and not get 5th you can do 100 and get your 6th. RNG is stupid, thats the true but that doesnt mean that you should get your 5th just because you did more than someone else that already has 5, i know it sucks but if we are dealing with fraction of a % chance then who cares. Some people killed Sha of Anger 2000x and didnt got mount, some got it on 1st try, thats the life in a RNG based game

And who says there is, just because you didnt got 3rd today doesnt mean you wont get it tomorrow. Also when you get legendary if I understood badluck protection resets.
    Last edited by markos82; 2016-11-20 at 09:13 PM.

Are you stupid that you don't understand? Blizzard said that there will be a protection so that all players before Nighthold opens should have 2, no matter how much you play.

And that is a problem with you think that increasing the chance to get legendary would give you the one you need. You can still get shitty one even if its 5th or 6th, that doesnt matter, what matters is that Blizzard thought it would be fun to put in game legendary items that are useless for 95% of specs and the fact that you can get all of them before you get your 2bis. That is the biggest problem...

Me brainfarting?!?

You can do 1000 M+ and not get 5th you can do 100 and get your 6th. RNG is stupid, thats the true but that doesnt mean that you should get your 5th just because you did more than someone else that already has 5, i know it sucks but if we are dealing with fraction of a % then who cares. Some people killed Sha of Anger 2000x and didnt got mount, some got it on 1st try, that the life in a RNG based game

And who says there is, just because you didnt got 3rd doesnt today doesnt mean you wont get it tomorrow. Also when you get legendary if I understood badluck protection resets.
    Blizzard has literally stated that players who are not doing content that grants you legendaries will not receive legendaries and players who do content receive legendary and procc bad luck protection. They've not mentioned anything about players not able to or have to have xx amount of legendaries.

And which you dont realise is the fact that players are still unable to get over 4th legendary. This is pure static fact which you don't realise.

According blizzard all who do content that has chance of dropping legendary receive bad luck protection.
    And along these lines there should not be any cases where players are stuck for hundreds of dungeons. It can happen but atm its all players who have received their fourth legendary. Might be one case or two where players have received their fifth but like i already have stated that there is soft cap. I know tens of players who are at 4 legendary and have literally thousand mythic+ at fourth. All these literally point out to fact that blizzard is screwing players who play the game

Either bad luck protection is not procking for players who are at fourth legendary or they simply reduce chance of legendary to 0.0000000000000000000000001% which is completely absurd.

Fresh characters or chars without legendary can have extra chance to get their first / second but reducing players chance of getting legendary after they're at fourth is completely absurd because out of 8 legendaries 5 is completely trash and useless that no one wants.

With this style its faster to level up new char up and hope for right 2 legendaries to drop at first days than grind them on your main.

And yes you're brainfarting or not wanting to understand how it currently works. Go look for data and talk with players who have 4 legendaries and gather how much players have done content that rewards legendaries

And seems like you can't or don't want to understand that fact.

Blizzard has literally stated that players who are not doing content that grants you legendaries will not receive legendaries and players who do content receive legendary and procc bad luck protection. They've not mentioned anything about players not able to or have to have xx amount of legendaries.
    Doing content means they can do 1 cache each week and get it, ofc they wont get it if they stay still and AFK...

And which you dont realise is the fact that players are still unable to get over 4th legendary. This is pure static fact which you don't realise.
    there are players with 5, hell there are players with 7. So yeah they can get it...

According blizzard all who do content that has chance of dropping legendary receive bad luck protection.
    And along these lines there should not be any cases where players are stuck for hundreds of dungeons. It can happen but atm its all players who have received their fourth legendary. Might be one case or two where players have received their fifth but like i already have stated that there is soft cap. I know tens of players who are at 4 legendary and have literally thousand mythic+ at fourth. All these literally point out to fact that blizzard is screwing players who play the game
    Yeah and when you get one it resets, it doesnt go up all the time. Same like using bonus roll. Again the % chace is so small that we dont know. That player in a guild I am has 4 and 5-6x less playtime. So what, he was lucky i wasnt.

Either bad luck protection is not procking for players who are at fourth legendary or they simply reduce chance of legendary to 0.0000000000000000000000001% which is completely absurd.
    Throwing random numbers doesnt mean that its true. Again, there are ppl with more than 4 legendary items. You not knowing someone doesnt mean that there are no players on your realm that has them....

Fresh characters or chars without legendary can have extra chance to get their first / second but reducing players chance of getting legendary after they're at fourth is completely absurd because out of 8 legendaries 5 is completely trash and useless that no one wants.
    And the bold part is the biggest problem, if you could get a token that you can exchange for legendary that you want wont have any issue. So getting the legendary isnt a problem, most ppl that play this game ( not just casual ) have 2, you can equip 2 so i if you got 2 tokens you would have bis legendary now, and no one would care...

With this style its faster to level up new char up and hope for right 2 legendaries to drop at first days than grind them on your main.

And yes you're brainfarting or not wanting to understand how it currently works. Go look for data and talk with players who have 4 legendaries and gather how much players have done content that rewards legendaries
    I told you, shammy in my guild does 1-2 M+ each week, ZERO Mythic ( normal ) and only 1 daily dungeon, and cache when he has time. he has 4 and all 4 he got after the drop chance was bugged and fixed.

And seems like you can't or don't want to understand that fact.
    Do you know all players in game or on your realm? I mean really, have you asked in /1 how many legendary items you have? I know one person who has 5, i know 50+ that have 2, ZERO that have non and few that have 4 or 3..
    Last edited by markos82; 2016-11-20 at 09:44 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svisalith View Post
    Just to make up some numbers.. you could have 10 million subs, 1 million mythic raiders (10% participation overall)

You poll 10,000 people, 80% of them are mythic raiders.

This isn't a lie, you've found 8000 mythic raiders when there are 1 million of them. Consider that Mythic raiders are much, MUCH more likely than the average WoW player to browse MMO champion, Reddit or discussion forums about the game in general. Your mistake is then that you have assumed these players to be perfectly representative of the average WoW player when they're not.
    If you read most of the post on reddit, you quickly realize that almost all of them are not mythics raiders. Especially when you go in one of those complain posts about people asking high ilvl for trivial content.

Now, a random person posting on Reddit (and MMO-Champion and the official forums) are probably more "skilled" that a random player in the game but the difference is not going to be completely massive unless we were talking about the kind of discussion forum that once existed in elitist-jerks (still has its problems but only people truly interested in their class would post there). This kind of surveys will be scueued because of this but the difference will not be massive overall to reach certain conclusions.

This is the survey in question by the way.

---

Anyway, my point was that the poll Felplague is asking for to conclude if people have more than 4 legendaries is completely pointless because anyone can lie.

Deleted
    Stop saying RNG LUCK CASINO, stop it. Do 500 mythic+ dungeons, have 50 people you know do the same thing. Then you will understand that people average 1 legendary per 100-200 mythic+ dungeons. If you are casual then it's possible you haven't even done 100 mythic+ dungeons so you wouldn't understand this.

When everyone gets this 1 legendary per 100-200 m+ up to 4 legendaries then notice that they don't get 5th legendary for next 400-1000 mythic+ dungeons YOU KNOW SOMETHING IS UP.

Softcap doesn't mean it's not possible to get 5 or more legendaries, it just means there is reduced chance to get one.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyalo View Post
    Edit: This post has been heavily modified for clarity.

Firstly let me state. We actually have someone in our guild with 5 on a single character, but, he had 3 before the "Yea we screwed up one of the biggest 'self-worth' systems in Legion, sorrynotsorry" hotfix.

However out of all the people I know, in all the guilds I have contact with, no one else has heard of anyone with 5/5+ in their social circles.

If we look at http://www.wowprogress.com/character...vencrest/Cerli the guy with the 2nd most AP in the World, and 1200 M+ to his name, he also has 4 on a single character.

Blizzard has insisted multiple times there's not a cap, which leads me to believe their justification for saying such is perhaps there's a softcap (which is vastly different), with diminishing chances/diminishing bad luck protection.

If you could research all of WoW there would be three questions.

a) On average how much legendary chance content did it take people to go from 2-3 on a single character.
    b) On average how much legendary chance content did it take people to go from 3-4 on a single character.
    c) On average how much legendary chance content did it take people to go from 4-5 on a single character.

My hypothesis is that a) and b) would be similar, and c) is much much much greater.

I am not saying you can't have 4+, I am saying it is far harder getting your 5th than it is getting your 4th.
    To have 5 legendaries you need to win the legendaries slot machine 5 times, winning it once is already super rare what makes you think ppl having 5 legendaries would be a common thing by now ?

Quote Originally Posted by JIMM- View Post
    This only proves random is random, nothing more, nothing less.

Quote Originally Posted by imakki View Post
    Stop saying RNG LUCK CASINO, stop it. Do 500 mythic+ dungeons, have 50 people you know do the same thing. Then you will understand that people average 1 legendary per 100-200 mythic+ dungeons. If you are casual then it's possible you haven't even done 100 mythic+ dungeons so you wouldn't understand this.

When everyone gets this 1 legendary per 100-200 m+ up to 4 legendaries then notice that they don't get 5th legendary for next 400-1000 mythic+ dungeons YOU KNOW SOMETHING IS UP.

Softcap doesn't mean it's not possible to get 5 or more legendaries, it just means there is reduced chance to get one.
    The funny thing with averages is that it is the worst kind of statistic for pretty much everything when its not associated with any kind of test, degree of trust or whatever. In your example we could have a 5 man group where 3 dudes drop 0 legendaries in 200 M+, another dude drops 3 in those same 200 and 1 other drops 2, we'd then say ppl drop, on average, 1 legendary per 200 M+, however no one there dropped exactly 1 legendary and 3 people didn't even drop. RNG is RNG, and averages are nice but they don't mean much without context and other metrics.

If we were to start threads like this 2 months ago I bet ppl would be saying there was a 2 or 3 legendaries per person cap. In time ppl will start saying theres a 5 legendaries cap.
    Last edited by DakonBlackblade; 2016-11-20 at 11:07 PM.

Doing content means they can do 1 cache each week and get it, ofc they wont get it if they stay still and AFK...

there are players with 5, hell there are players with 7. So yeah they can get it...

Yeah and when you get one it resets, it doesnt go up all the time. Same like using bonus roll. Again the % chace is so small that we dont know. That player in a guild I am has 4 and 5-6x less playtime. So what, he was lucky i wasnt.

Throwing random numbers doesnt mean that its true. Again, there are ppl with more than 4 legendary items. You not knowing someone doesnt mean that there are no players on your realm that has them....

And the bold part is the biggest problem, if you could get a token that you can exchange for legendary that you want wont have any issue. So getting the legendary isnt a problem, most ppl that play this game ( not just casual ) have 2, you can equip 2 so i if you got 2 tokens you would have bis legendary now, and no one would care...

I told you, shammy in my guild does 1-2 M+ each week, ZERO Mythic ( normal ) and only 1 daily dungeon, and cache when he has time. he has 4 and all 4 he got after the drop chance was bugged and fixed.

Do you know all players in game or on your realm? I mean really, have you asked in /1 how many legendary items you have? I know one person who has 5, i know 50+ that have 2, ZERO that have non and few that have 4 or 3..
    And how many times i have to tell you. Anyone who has received legendary before bug was fixed cannot be counted towards that 4 legendary. Those who got +5 legendaries have received their legendary before bug was fixed.

4 legendaries is not big deal to get but after that you're or anyone else is not getting them. I've guildie too who has not been playing outside of raids and got 2 good legendaries on wednesday ofc its random but the fact is that after player receives 4th one chance of legendary is greatly reduced to fuck up players who play more.

If you don't believe it then don't but thats the current state

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    To have 5 legendaries you need to win the legendaries slot machine 5 times, winning it once is already super rare what makes you think ppl having 5 legendaries would be a common thing by now ?

This only proves random is random, nothing more, nothing less.
    Random is random but like many others you're missing the fact:

WoW has bad luck protection which procs each time and stacks till player receives legendary. Which means you're not even allowed to go endless periods of time without getting legendary. This means players who are at 4th legendary + 500-1000m+ have proven that system is rigged and players cannot get past 4th legendary

Random is random but like many others you're missing the fact:

WoW has bad luck protection which procs each time and stacks till player receives legendary. Which means you're not even allowed to go endless periods of time without getting legendary. This means players who are at 4th legendary + 500-1000m+ have proven that system is rigged and players cannot get past 4th legendary
    No they only have proved what we already knew, that the bad luck protection only increases your odds by very small percentages. Now we know Blizz confirmed they amped up the odds of ppl who don't have 2 legendaries dropping legendaries till they have 2 quite a bit on 7.1 (Ion said so on a Q&A, if it wasnt him someone else did), so everyone's starting point is 2 basicaly (even tough some ppl still get super unlucky and haven't gotten 2 yet, ye it can happen with random being random and odds never realy getting to 100%), so ppl who have 4 got lucky 2 times and aparently getting lucky even once after you have 2 legendaries is super hard seeing as there are throngs of ppl who only have 2 legendaries. There are ppl on top tier world first raiding guilds who do a gazillion of M+s who only have 3 legendaries, I can't say this for a fact but there might be ppl out there in that situation with only 2. The odds of having 4 legendaries right now is quite small, 5 is super small and getting 1 dude who did 2000 M+ and saying this proves theres a softcap Doesn't actualy prove anything, it only proves this one dude isn't all that lucky.

The onyl way to know for a fact if this softcap exist would be to have a complete set of data regarding legendaries and only Blizz has those.
    Last edited by DakonBlackblade; 2016-11-20 at 11:18 PM.

Deleted

No. you are making stuff up here. In this thread there have been links to people that have more than 4 legendary items already. There is no system that stops you from getting more than 4. According to a Blizz interview at Blizzcon one player has ALL of them.

Noone has any clue what form the bad luck protection takes. Until Blizzard tells us we won't know. We don't know if it even exists, blizzard have not yet as far as I know explicitly stated that it's in the game and working as intended.

Er not in my experience. I have 5 lvl 110's and no legendaries. I can't be the only person in the game still to have zero.

I agree that the legendary system sucks balls. It's the single worst thing about Legion. Being able to get Legendaries that you don't want to equip is a terrible idea, and adding more Legendaries into the existing system where it's a lottery what you get and when you get it is just making it worse.

If there was some way of accumulating points or currency that you could eventually trade in for a Legendary you wanted that would help. A sort of visible bad luck protection. Do x amount of legendary eligible content to collect y legendary points and get one of your choice. Problem solved.

The way things are setup now, it's way better to just not care about legendaries at all. You don't need them to clear content. Yes the extra 10% or whatever DPS is nice, but it's not a dealbreaker for getting a raid spot.

The drop chance for getting one is so low, (and then there's a 1/6 chance of actually getting a useful one if one does drop for you) that trying to farm one is an exercise in frustration. Just clear content you enjoy. Turning anything you like doing into a chore will just make you hate life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GranitXhaka29 View Post
    200 mythic+ is nothing, if you still have 4 at 1000 let us know. I have 300-350 dungs and two legendaries.

OT: Blizz says there's no cap, and people always come to the forum to tell us how their friends brother has 7 legendaries, but no screen shots. So, I remain sceptical.
    I've done close to 500 total mythic plus, I was saying its been 3 weeks since my last legendary which was #4 and I've run around 200 mythic+ dungeons in that time as well as 3 full clears of EN on all difficulties and all the emissary caches.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    No they only have proved what we already knew, that the bad luck protection only increases your odds by very small percentages. Now we know Blizz confirmed they amped up the odds of ppl who don't have 2 legendaries dropping legendaries till they have 2 quite a bit on 7.1 (Ion said so on a Q&A, if it wasnt him someone else did), so everyone's starting point is 2 basicaly (even tough some ppl still get super unlucky and haven't gotten 2 yet, ye it can ahppen with random being random and odds never realy getting to 100%), so ppl who have 4 got lucky 2 times and aparently getting lucky even once after you have 2 legendaries is super hard seeing as there are throngs of ppl who only have 2 legendaries. There are ppl on top tier world first raiding guilds who do a gazillion of M+s who only have 3 legendaries, I can't say this for a fact but there might be ppl out there in that situation with only 2. The odds of having 4 legendaries right now is quite small, 5 is super small and getting 1 dude who did 2000 M+ and saying this proves theres a softcap don't actualy prove anything, it only proves this one dude isn't all that lucky.
    there is no such thing as unlucky when there is a bad luck protection system in place, that is the whole purpose of having bad luck protection, to protect unlucky players, in this case, the 2k+ mythic plus dungeon clears is the living proof that the system has failed.

To be honest, the amount of clears that guy has is actually so disgusting, most players wont even hit that amount of m+ clears until legion ends. If that amount of farm is only enough to collect half of the legendaries for ONE spec , then god help us players that try to collect all 8 for their MAIN spec, and some for the other 2 off specs.