Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    It is probably because you are casual player in this game. Every competitive and actually great players in this game are mad when some shit noob get BiS feet for rogue whilst a good one get PVP ring or some shit. Why is there even PVP rewards from PVE content? Should be locked for when you do PVP related stuff etc.
    Why do people call legendaries "pvp legendaries?"
    Legendaries special affix don't even work in BGs last time I tried.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Its terrible for casual players as well. Casual players enjoy ahaving control over their characthers develolment.

Honestly this system is terrible for everybody even ultimately the developers. Why theyve chosen to stick to.it is the.million dollar question.
    Incompetent. Out of Touch. Have no idea what they're doing.
    Pick one.
    The entire dev team needs to be replaced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    It's not even the slightest reason why. The best thing about Legion is the thing that's also furthest removed from the basic philosophy behind rng. It's like they dont' even play their own game. HEY GUYS RNG IS FUN. HERES AN ARTIFACT WEAPON TO KEEP WITH YOU ALL EXPANSION THAT IS ALL GRIND AND ALL DETERMINISTIC. NO RNG AT ALL!!!! but currency sucks guys trust us you'd hate it.
    Actually, my point was the diversity is the best its been since TBC. Some things are complete predictable grinds and some are complete RNG that keep old content relevant. Quit whining.

Quote Originally Posted by bdk4599 View Post
    That's your opinion, but you probably weren't excited because you had 5. I love the legendary system because it changes the play style of classes and adds spice and variation. Every legendary I got (2) I was so excited, even when I got the neck with absorb, it allows me to cast free light of martyr. No damage from it, free powerful and instant heals!

You don't need to think or try to get the legendary you just play the game and eventually you will get them as your chance will constantly increase, I see nothing bad about it whatsoever, do you not like spice and variety? Do you want the same thing every expansion with no variety or change? Seems like all people do is be pessimistic and complain about everything, I would hate to be around people like that.....
    None of the legendaries I have gotten, have changed my play style. And I wasnt excited FOR THE FIRST one. Or any after which. At no point have I been excited to get these legendaries, because just randomly having some thing fall in my lap isnt fun. I like looking at a loot table, seeing a really good item in a dungeon, and trying to get it from that dungeon, the build up is what makes it so enjoyable and exciting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I read this a lot. Apparently the system has been deliberately programmed in a way that a good player NEVER gets a legendary or the best possible legendary.

Every single post and complaint on ths system tells this story how "a n00b" or "a Dalaran afk" or "a filthy casual" gets the best legendary there is, while the dedicated raider and guy that runs 400 mythic 10 never gets one. Or the shittiest possible.

Not nice of Blizzard at all to do these things.....not nice at all.
    Ye I mean jesus christ. Our worst healer in our guild got his 2 bis legendaries . I mean not 1 bis, but nr 2 bis as well as shaman and he isnt even close to me in healing.. i swear this system is broken

10+ Year Old Account
    Incompetent. Out of Touch. Have no idea what they're doing.
    Pick one.
    The entire dev team needs to be replaced.
    This is the least intelligent comment I've read on these forums all year... even after all the Clinton and Trump posts... This dev team made the most successful MMO ever thats been running 12+years. Objectivity>Subjectivity. Learn the difference. To presume you know more is friggin' hysterical. Bet you think you can do brain surgery too.

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    It is one of the reasons why the devs moved away from the RNG system in the first place as well. It was an understood issue by both the players and the devs at the time that seems to have gotten lost over the years.
    Seeing as they just refused to talk about it during Blizzcon, it's pretty obvious that they aren't very happy with the system themselves.
    The problem is, they aren't doing anything about it.

Not necessarily, I actually felt pissed when I got a Cord of Infinity on an alt Arcane Mage with ilvl of 800 from a WQ cache whereas my 860 Shaman main had nothing drop for him.

This not as bad as alt-Rogue receiving both bindings on his first run of Molten Core whereas your Prot Warrior who has been clearing it for months haven't seen a single one but it devalues a legendary to a glorified orange.

In my opinion, the legendary model should only be followed in the form of Benediction or Atiesh/Shadowmourne/Dragonwrath/Fangs of the Father on a much more personally challenging level than RNGesus favouring you for the lulz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Seeing as they just refused to talk about it during Blizzcon, it's pretty obvious that they aren't very happy with the system themselves.
    The problem is, they aren't doing anything about it.
    ... or maybe here's a thought: they know the legendaries aren't well balanced now and people will stop crying about the system when the real problem is fixed. Yup, pry that.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    ... or maybe here's a thought: they know the legendaries aren't well balanced now and people will stop crying about the system when the real problem is fixed. Yup, pry that.
    Being silent is never a good solution. Feedback is important, and if the system is frustrating, then of course it will be expressed in certain way. Plus, let's not kid ourselves - even if we did keep quiet, the likes of you would eventually turn it around and claim that "well, why didn't you say anything? It's your own fault."

10+ Year Old Account
    Tell me about how you could control BiS World Drops in Classic or TBC. *Willy Wonka meme*
    I'll say this slowly so you can get it...

Most of the legendaries are not close to BiS. Some are. That's the problem - you get one legendary and the system adjusts your chances of a second... but you might get a crap legendary or a great one and that's not accounted for.

What they should have done is this:

1) Have, say, 3 legendaries/class+spec (i.e. there would be 3 legendaries for shadow priest, 3 for disc, 3 for holy). Make them all good not just via stat budget but have the effect really benefit the spec.

2) make the drop chances a LOT lower so they were really rare. If something like that is very rare it's a lot less reasonable to worry about the impact on performance in a raid, etc.

Every time I hear the words "Bad Luck Protection" I laugh.
    People still believe in that hogwash?

why do people feel entitled to a legendary

I hope you keep your temper, post diligently about this, don't say something to get yourself banned and eventually Blizzard reverts to what is fair to the effort and not what is fair to the whiners. Your point is more than valid.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

sub for those who quit because of leg system
    that's the only way you "counter" it

Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    It is probably because you are casual player in this game. Every competitive and actually great players in this game are mad when some shit noob get BiS feet for rogue whilst a good one get PVP ring or some shit. Why is there even PVP rewards from PVE content? Should be locked for when you do PVP related stuff etc.
    How dare people other than the 1% of players get good gear.

HOW DARE THEY!

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeexbean View Post
    why do people feel entitled to a legendary
    Because it's supposed to drop from nearly every type of content and can offer immense upgrade for their characters? What's "entitled" about it? If anything, main complaints are the opposite of that - some people doing *way* more work than others and not getting nearly the same reward. Or maybe it's even the same people, except their alts got their BiS nearly instantly, while their main has Prydaz + Sephuz combo.

But yeah, "entitled".

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Because it's supposed to drop from nearly every type of content and can offer immense upgrade for their characters? What's "entitled" about it? If anything, main complaints are the opposite of that - some people doing *way* more work than others and not getting nearly the same reward. Or maybe it's even the same people, except their alts got their BiS nearly instantly, while their main has Prydaz + Sephuz combo.

But yeah, "entitled".
    Its RNG.
    /10char

Tell that to the people who have several legendaries none of which increase damage done whatsoever in raid environment.
    I'm the competitive type, I like to race dps and check the log rankings. But why bother when legendaries exist and I have 2 which don't work on single target?

It'll be fixed once they let people target the ones they need or they just remove them from the game. No amount of balance is going to make people feel good about getting the crappy utility legendaries.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bdk4599 View Post
    That's your opinion, but you probably weren't excited because you had 5. I love the legendary system because it changes the play style of classes and adds spice and variation. Every legendary I got (2) I was so excited, even when I got the neck with absorb, it allows me to cast free light of martyr. No damage from it, free powerful and instant heals!

You don't need to think or try to get the legendary you just play the game and eventually you will get them as your chance will constantly increase, I see nothing bad about it whatsoever, do you not like spice and variety? Do you want the same thing every expansion with no variety or change? Seems like all people do is be pessimistic and complain about everything, I would hate to be around people like that.....
    I don't think people are so much against the legendaries per se, but the legendary loot system. That should be pretty apparent to anyone reading the thread tho, as most people complain about the huge RNG variance between different people.

Anyways the rest of your post is complete garbage. Loot tables are loot tables, and competitive raiding will continue to work as it is now, anything else is wishful thinking. This "eventually", can take a few more months of grinding content from now even for the 24/7.