Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Why are most races hunched over?

Aside from just Blizzard's artistic style, is there any more reason to why a lot of races (orcs, trolls, tauren, furbolgs, murlocs, gnolls, etc) are hunched over? I mean it wouldn't bother me as much if Blizzard didn't consistently put out art of these races where they stood up straight.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...4d00ca4075.jpg
    http://www.slashskill.com/wp-content...12/Kargath.jpg
    http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/...20130809001757
    https://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/hea...17d56b05a35693
    https://assets.vg247.com/current//20...adgetzan-8.jpg

Deleted
    because it's savage duuuhhh

I'd instantly transfer several of my characters to male orcs if they looked like in the art, i.e with straight backs but I'm not gonna play Quasimodo

10+ Year Old Account
    Hunched over races are generally considered to be primitive since early man was, you know what most people called cave men.

Imagine how the poor tauren would feel trying to get into all those doorways if their neck was straight up like humans, they wouldn't be able to enter like half the horde buildings. Same for trolls... Not sure why playable orcs are hunched since it used to only be the peon model was hunched back in the warcraft games.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's the game engine buckling under the weight.

Different kind of trolls.

What's that rabbit thing?

There's no way that's a virmen, right? Like, zero possibility.

Quit playing for the foreseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceratrozer View Post

That's exactly what it is XD

Quote Originally Posted by Triceratrozer View Post

It is, just Zootopia-fied for appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    It does look better than the in-game model, honestly everytime I see a vermin leveling a panda toon or going through Pandaria, I just cringe.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    That's exactly what it is XD
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    I refuse all of these answers, cause hot damn that looks NOTHING like a Virmen aside from being a rabbit.

Quit playing for the foreseeable future.

Kinda reminds me of this:

I dont know if thats a good thing, hah.

10+ Year Old Account
    sir finley mrrgglton is an exception to his race.

Other races like orcs, blizzards never given an answer. Even the peons in wc3 were no hunched over.

The excuse might seem like 'they made orcs and trolls hunched so they'd look more unique as silhouettes in BGs, but if they were the case, why does it only apply to male orcs and not females?

lets be honest, for all of blizzards success, they have been know to make some incompetent decisions, in the past and now, so the hunched over characters is just one example of a bad decision they never corrected.
    #boycottchina

Hunched is the new black?

I'd be absolutely over the moon if they added the option to have your male orcs, and maybe even male trolls/Undead, stand straight.

Eh... define "most". Worgen Male, Orc Male and Troll Male are the only playable races that are hunched over. Kobolds and Murlocs the only two from non playable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Eh... define "most". Worgen Male, Orc Male and Troll Male are the only playable races that are hunched over. Kobolds and Murlocs the only two from non playable.
    and undead, both male and female.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    There is actually a very simple answer to that. Size is the problem. Remember vanilla and tauren being incapable of sitting into majority of doors while mounted ? The problem is that blizzard is using human male model as their scale reference. The problem with that is that other bigger races would have massive problem fitting if they had staight posture. As such, orcs (M), tauren, worgen (M) and trolls (M), all got hunched in order to preserve the feeling of their size while also limiting the height of model.

Deleted
    Make orcs like this and i'll instantly convert 3 of my characters to orcs:

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    And furbolgs, gnolls, saurok, troggs, ogron, gronn, ettins, broken/lost ones, drogbar...

I can go on and on...

You also forgot tauren and undead for hunched over playable races.
    Last edited by Techno-Druid; 2016-11-20 at 11:26 PM.

Deleted
    Honestly, some races I can understand.

Trolls would sit in a sort of crouching position in WC3 as well, most likely to hide from enemies better.

Tauren had a hunched model from WC3 too, and they were represented like that in artwork too.

But then we have orcs and worgen.
    Orcs were not hunched over in WC3 or in art. Only peons were, and peons were because they were essentially slaves, and as slaves they were used to lowering their sight to the ground, thus showing the hunch. But regular orcs were displayed as straight. Until the playable character. Which is hunched. And it's horrible. There's a reason why people liked Garrosh and Thrall's models (ignoring the dressing). It was because they both sat straight. Grom as well, straight. You know who is not straight? Gul'dan. You know why? because he was a weak orc, needing a stick even to walk from his early years. Are player male orcs weak? Because that's what their hunch displays to me, weakness or servitude. Even if I don't really like orcs that much, if they sat straight I might actually play one. Check this out. all the healthy orcs are straight, the only hunched one is the sick one:
    http://media.blizzard.com/wow/warlor...-1920x1200.jpg

Worgen. The female model is already a mess... the male one is ok... except that it's hunched. Why? It would have been so easy to give them a proper neck and the wolf head on it with a mane in the back. But noooo, they made it hunched and the mane on the hump, like you're playing a camel-wolf hybrid.
    Females it's not even worth discussing, then I see how many issues it has and that chihuahua face I can't stand them. I had made a worgen. I first made a female but I kept feeling something was off. because of bugged movements and that face. so I deleted her. Then I made a male. And guess what. I couldn't get over the hunch. Are they beasts of burden or something?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Trolls would sit in a sort of crouching position in WC3 as well, most likely to hide from enemies better.
    If trolls could stand up properly like the drakari ones and then squat like they do when /sitting they would win so good.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Kinda reminds me of this:

I dont know if thats a good thing, hah.
    Of course it is, that game was awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.