Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    They are not queueable because the average players skill level would make them a nightmare.

There isn't any proof or even notion of them being made queueable. I don't see how them making heroic versions tells you that.
    Then why not simply allow the skill required to be the barrier instead of going out of the way to invent in-game systems to exclude access? I've said this before, but the mechanics of Mythic+ are self-correcting. If they nerf it to allow players to overcome certain levels of M+, then it just means they'll fail in higher levels.

The problem here is the there is no legitimate reason to try and make matchming and pre-made content mutually exclusive. They can both exist at the same time. If you don't want to deal with randoms who are bad at WoW, then use LFG to form your own, more exclusive group with higher standards. If you don't want to deal with that and just want a shot at a quick group, then use Matchmaking.

It's not like one breaks the other, and if you think it does then you're being willfully ignorant or unnecessarily elitist.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Then why not simply allow the skill required to be the barrier instead of going out of the way to invent in-game systems to exclude access? I've said this before, but the mechanics of Mythic+ are self-correcting. If they nerf it to allow players to overcome certain levels of M+, then it just means they'll fail in higher levels.

The problem here is the there is no legitimate reason to try and make matchming and pre-made content mutually exclusive. They can both exist at the same time. If you don't want to deal with randoms who are bad at WoW, then use LFG to form your own, more exclusive group with higher standards. If you don't want to deal with that and just want a shot at a quick group, then use Matchmaking.

It's not like one breaks the other, and if you think it does then you're being willfully ignorant or unnecessarily elitist.
    Sadly history has shown blizz cant leave the two alone. Anything with matchmaking must have a extremely high completion rate. I don't believe they would allow that to work given the response of 5 mans in cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Because they are single players playing a MMORPG and slowly destroying it.
    What's really destroying MMOs is elitist players who think that other people don't deserve gear because they didn't earn it like you did. In fact you probably hate your guildies because you are the one who carried them to that gear they are wearing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Something tells me that blizz will make mythic+0 queable , not +1 and above just normal mythics , we all know deep inside that they will make this change soon or later its always like this , not that i have a problem with that .

They can exist. Blizzard just does not want to chance dealing with defending random queue dungeons and complaints over wipes and tuning. The silver proving grounds of WoD and preform Legion mythics were born from the fallout from Cata and how to bring back remotely engaging five man content.

I am fine with mythic joining random queue as along as Blizzard holds their ground against complaints for nerfs. Mythic dungeons are not the only source of character progression out there and players need to stop acting like it is.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Sadly history has shown blizz cant leave the two alone. Anything with matchmaking must have a extremely high completion rate. I don't believe they would allow that to work given the response of 5 mans in cata.
    Did you not read what I wrote at all? What are they going to do? Nerf Mythic+? As I said, that will just result in players reaching higher levels of M+ where the difficulty again stops them. Nerfing it would literally be pointless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    I am fine with mythic joining random queue as along as Blizzard holds their ground against complaints for nerfs. Mythic dungeons are not the only source of character progression out there and players need to stop acting like it is.
    See above. Nerfs to M+ would be pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I've noticed this a bit on the forums and a few fansites that people are asking for them to be on the LFD queue. Why? What is wrong with forming your own group and going there? Just seems to me people want a way to get more free purples for minimal effort when there are already plenty of ways of that in LFR and World Quests.
    If you take blizzards own description, base mythic is simply the new heroic. These base mythics are required for quests/progress in game. Not everyone plays in a way or has the social skills required, or patience to deal with group finding tools, which is the entire reason of the queue system in the first place.

Your assertion it is for free purples for minimal effort is bullshit. If you are doing +10 then the base is minimal effort for you anyway, but not necessarily for the people who want base mythic queues for content and quest progression and to see the dungeons that are mythic only.

I quit playing, doesn't affect me, but at least I can see both sides instead of trying to live in a bubble that only my preferred designs are the right way. I can see why they restricted it, to force old school grouping and identities, for social growth in game. I can see hy people who've been playing since queued dungeons were a thing might be disgruntled by this change.

A simple solution would be to make non mythic versions and quests completable in them, or allow base mythics to be queueable, but not any + versions.

Purple is just a color and it's meaningless, if anything, why don't you ask blizz why there are no high ilvl blues any longer, as personally, I'd take a great stat roll high ilvl blue over a crappy purple any day, as I'm not obsessed with the color, just my personal min/max goals. I also have enough self esteem to not give a fuck what other people have, get, or how they get it; the most reaction I'd have is 'grats' not jealousy, envy, or disdain because of how they got it, that they have it, or how it relates to my personal progress. If it is someone I'm grouped with, then great, if they perform it can only make the experience better for both of us/the group.
    My PC Build 4790k @ 4.7 GHz @ 1.28v; 1080 @ +175 core, +500 memory

@SirCowdogMy response is towards base mythic dungeons and a big reason why they are not apart of random queue in the first place. Sure mythic might be easy for many people and so was silver proving grounds. Still there are those who found SPG too hard and it is that portion the devs are worried about getting flack from again for something that is not intended for them in the first place. By requiring a preformed group the devs deeply draw the line that mythic dungeons are for players interested in organized five man content.

Like I said, I am for mythic joining random queue. The devs however need to hold their ground over complaints and the community needs to support the devs.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2016-11-21 at 01:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    @SirCowdogMy response is towards base mythic dungeons and a big reason why they are not apart of random queue in the first place. Sure mythic might be easy for many people and so was silver proving grounds. Still there are those who found SPG too hard and it is that portion the devs are worried about getting flack from again for something that is not intended for them in the first place. By requiring a preformed group the devs deeply draw the line that mythic dungeons are for players interested in organized five man content.

Like I said, I am for mythic joining random queue. The devs however need to hold their ground over complaints and the community needs to support the devs.
    The community only needs to support the devs when the devs make decisions that are fair and logical. There is literally no reason to exclude Mythic-0 from the matchmaking system. There is literally no reason to exclude dungeon content like Arcway, Court of Souls, or Kara from matchmaking. There is no good reason to even spend dev time on content which will only contain a single, higher difficulty that most of the playerbase won't access. That's the entire point of having different difficulty settings for instanced content in the first place: To give people of different skillsets and ability access to the content.

And again, I don't know why I have to keep saying this, but: Matchmaking and Pre-made groups are not mutually exclusive, FFS!

Mythic +0 makes sense to be premade-only, because premade content needs an entry level for it to be accessible. +0 makes more sense as an entry point than +1 - less stress because there's no consumable item on the line, and a more straightforward to-do list with lockouts.

Heroic already exists in LFD. If the intention is for better rewards or more quest items to be available via LFD specifically, then adjust Heroic itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Seriously, some of you guys need to get off this high horse with regards to how awesome you are and how stupid everyone else in the playerbase is.
    And yet he wonders why people rather use a que system over joining his lovely group or guild....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    Something tells me that blizz will make mythic+0 queable , not +1 and above just normal mythics , we all know deep inside that they will make this change soon or later its always like this , not that i have a problem with that .
    Yep it isn't a matter of if but when will they do it.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-11-21 at 03:14 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Reminder that LFR/LFG might as well be putting you with NPC's. It's a solo experience despite being with "players"
    Hell, I bet if it did do that for a month NO ONE would notice a difference at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    By making mythics available in LFD, don't they just become heroics? Why not just rename heroics to normals and mythics to heroics at that point since no one does the actual normals for more than a couple hours?

It's nice having content you have to organise yourself rather than hitting a button. Traveling to the dungeons is something I feel is a perk of the mythics currently.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    There is no good reason to even spend dev time on content that most of the playerbase won't access.
    I will never understand why it's unacceptable for this to happen in a MMO, yet single player games for DECADES now have had extremely hard optional bosses/content that most of the players wouldn't access or beat, and that was fine?

Hell, single playergames STILL do this to this day.

Why do MMO's have to be accessible and easy for everyone? Why is "inaccessible content a waste of dev time" for MMO's only?

Deleted
    I'd support it if they brought Proving Grounds back or something as a requirement. If you can't do Proving Grounds on at least Gold you have no business doing content labeled as "Mythic".

10+ Year Old Account
    The current model is far from optimal.

Right now you have to browse multiple groups and apply for the ones you want, get declined, search again and aply another time. This means you have to activly look for a group and cant do other things

I remember it older times you could put yourself up a blackboard in a pool of players and let the groupleader pick the players who joins them.

I would like a blackboard-ish option where you can chose the dungeon you want to run, insert your itemlevel and spec and maybe a sentence or two about yourself. While your offer is posted you can do other stuff like WQ untill a Group that is interested whispers/ invites you.

Right now it is jsut tiresome to look for groups cause you barely can do something else while searching

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    The current model is far from optimal.

Right now you have to browse multiple groups and apply for the ones you want, get declined, search again and aply another time. This means you have to activly look for a group and cant do other things

I remember it older times you could put yourself up a blackboard in a pool of players and let the groupleader pick the players who joins them.

I would like a blackboard-ish option where you can chose the dungeon you want to run, insert your itemlevel and spec and maybe a sentence or two about yourself. While your offer is posted you can do other stuff like WQ untill a Group that is interested whispers/ invites you.

Right now it is jsut tiresome to look for groups cause you barely can do something else while searching
    It's funny because a 2002 game had this party option(put up your LFG flag and set a comment for what you want) yet WOW doesn't in 2016 still.

Too much reliance on auto-matchmaking garbage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    It's funny because a 2002 game had this party option(put up your LFG flag and set a comment for what you want) yet WOW doesn't in 2016 still.

Too much reliance on auto-matchmaking garbage.
    I guess People want to play the game instead of browsing countless dungeongroups while you cant do anything else. It is like D2 again. It was also one of the main things I didn't like about D2. I wanna play the game, not spending hours looking for groups that accept me. Let them approach me if they are interested in having me. I beleive such a feature is much easier to implement and maintain as the current model

Deleted
    The biggest problem is that Blizzard is - again - forcing players into difficulty levels that not everyone should be forced into. Doing mythics should be something you WANT to do, not something you HAVE to because you just leveled your followers to 850 and get a mythic quest. Or you get some good ilvl gear through WQs and suddenly get the artifact quest that leads to a mythic dungeon.

If those things did not exist, then the "casuals" that are asking for LFD for mythic 0 would not be asking for that. And I do not use "casuals" as a negative word. It's just those players that don't want to or can't participate in the harder part of the content that WoW offers. Fair enough for them if they are happy doing WQs and heroic dungeon, let them. Don't force them into something they are not prepared to do.

IF (yes, IF) Blizzard makes mythics LFD-style queue-able, they would HAVE to put incentives on it, otherwise there would be much longer queue times than the 45 minutes someone mentioned earlier in this thread. And then, if there are incentives on it, people will start wanting to rush them, because they are forced into content they do not really want to do as well (see AP reward for daily heroic).

LFD for mythic 0 is not the solution in my opinion. Getting rid of the "incentives" that force people to do things they do not want to do is.

EDIT: For the class hall missions, why not do it like the raid ones - tie it to the number of bosses / dungeons you have completed on each difficulty level. If you've done x number of mythic dungeons, then you'll get mythic dungeon missions, if you've only done heroics, then you get heroic dungeon missions, etc.
    Last edited by mmoc93c1e7e232; 2016-11-21 at 12:16 PM.

for it to be queueable it would need to be nerfed. I don't want or need more meaningless ridiculusly easy content than there already is. espeially not if you should do it frequently