Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    No, not really.

All that's required to meet an exemption is documented evidence. Medical reports/Doctor's reports are usually sufficient.
    Going to have to disagree with you there. Toppy is right. My mother had this happen to her. She has degenerative disc disease and was declared unfit to work by a physician. Took us two tries in court over the course of 9 years to get her qualified for disability. The first try she was awarded only SSI because for some reason the judge only counted back so many years she was disabled which somehow didn't qualify her for full disability. Luckily the second attempt a different judge awarded her full disability and back pay.

As for the topic, kind of split on it. If you are able and don't have kids you really shouldn't have to have food stamps. On the other hand, it's easy to fall on hard times and you should have support in that situation. Luckily there's the stipulation that you will remain on food stamps if you are participating in job training.

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    Going to have to disagree with you there. Toppy is right. My mother had this happen to her. She has degenerative disc disease and was declared unfit to work by a physician. Took us two tries in court over the course of 9 years to get her qualified for disability. The first try she was awarded only SSI because for some reason the judge only counted back so many years she was disabled which somehow didn't qualify her for full disability. Luckily the second attempt a different judge awarded her full disability and back pay.

As for the topic, kind of split on it. If you are able and don't have kids you really shouldn't have to have food stamps. On the other hand, it's easy to fall on hard times and you should have support in that situation. Luckily there's the stipulation that you will remain on food stamps if you are participating in job training.
    I hate the disability process so much. In a support group I'm in for people with bipolar disorder I see people going through the process and have the same problems. It can take years to get the money and you obviously can't work in the mean time. It's bureaucratic nonsense and needs to be reevaluated.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post

Outside of scope. We're talking about the ABAWD (Able-Bodied & Without Dependent.) provisions in SNAP.

Documented evidence for what we're actually discussing is actually not even necessary. In addition to state departments being required to help you got the info, you can actually get someone to vocally vouch that you're not able bodied.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    three counties in Georgia is alot of people in america?

It's funny because there's alot of people in america who work full time but still need the assistance.
    I think you pretty much hit the nail on the head here. It's weirdly applied interwebz 'logics' of small sample = everyone. Blanket bans and legislation always do more harm than good.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's all here for those that want to take a look:http://www.fns.usda.gov/sites/defaul...une%202015.pdf

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    At some point in American history the working poor are going to learn how to vote for their best interest.
    Not likely. They always vote for the bigger personality who then immediately stabs them in the back, gripe about for it four years. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

10+ Year Old Account
    But yeah, not very new. It probably dates back to the welfare reform in the late 90s (Clinton and republican congress)

Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    Not likely. They always vote for the bigger personality who then immediately stabs them in the back, gripe about for it four years. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.
    its more that most Americans think they will be rich some day

Deleted

Per Video description:

So in short, if you're able-bodied and have no kids, you only get food stamps for 3 1 month periods unless you're actively seeking work.

This isn't new. Iowa has been like this for awhile.
    what a relief, at least shaniqua and her 5 sons can still get their 2500$ monthly benefits.

Denying food to the hungry is the most horrible thing one can do, and you don't have to be a Christian to feel that way. Disgusting...

No, not really.

All that's required to meet an exemption is documented evidence. Medical reports/Doctor's reports are usually sufficient.
    Many states have wait times of a year or more.

The reality is different than whats stated. They get tied in courts for months on end and are often denied for little to no reason. In Louisiana people just know the first time will always be a denial unless its notably major and physical for instance.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Outside of scope. We're talking about the ABAWD (Able-Bodied & Without Dependent.) provisions in SNAP.

Documented evidence for what we're actually discussing is actually not even necessary. In addition to state departments being required to help you got the info, you can actually get someone to vocally vouch that you're not able bodied.
    I believe what me and Toppy are talking about is this.

https://www.ssa.gov/disability/

But what you linked is more in line with the discussion of food stamps.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    And factories too. Some factories pay their workers shit.

- - - Updated - - -

What about people who are disabled and can't work?
    the change doesn't effect them
    The new rules, which affect people in Gwinnett, Cobb and Hall Counties mandate that able-bodied adults without children can collect food stamps for only three months in a three-year period, unless they get into a job or training program

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fluttershypony View Post
    what a relief, at least shaniqua and her 5 sons can still get their 2500$ monthly benefits.
    Heh,

Should probably require parenting courses, Free contraception to prevent more kids in shit enviorments, and mental health check-ups for the kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    I like how the first comment is "Stop having children you cannot afford" for several reasons....

1-The people who want these laws are the same people who want to ban abortion
    2-This has 0 affect to people with children/dependants.
    1) is false I'm pro choice and think you should be able to afford children if you are going to have them. This is one of the few areas I am right leaning on because I think it's bullshit that lazy people who don't want to work expect society to pay for their kids. People like this bitch

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    Denying food to the hungry is the most horrible thing one can do, and you don't have to be a Christian to feel that way. Disgusting...
    then you fucking feed them. I'm all tapped out on pity for lazy assholes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Pretty much, yeah.

The same guys complaining about all the money that goes to "welfare queens" are the ones writing up multi-billion defense contracts to give to their buddies.

I'm eager to see the day that people in the US stop buying this paradoxical nonsense about how the poor people are taking all the money.

Workers of the USA, rise up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    At some point in American history the working poor are going to learn how to vote for their best interest.
    this is why Trump won. The poor that work are tired of working multiple jobs while watching lazy assholes sit at home and milk the welfare system. Let's be real who gives free handouts? It's always the Democrats increasing welfare amounts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post

Workers of the USA, rise up.
    First, they need to stop being sheeple.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    this is why Trump won. The poor that work are tired of working multiple jobs while watching lazy assholes sit at home and milk the welfare system. Let's be real who gives free handouts? It's always the Democrats increasing welfare amounts.
    Like... this guy =/

10+ Year Old Account
    As a cashier, good. I see these things abused WAY too often.