The neutral perspective on legendaries

We've heard from both sides on the legendary system, both for and against. Personally, I'm in the middle. As a player, it's been a point of frustration, especially when I get the stat stick ones. On the other hand, for the game as a whole, I view it as a "necessary evil", for a lack of a better term. It's what's getting people to do their emissary quest every day, or run mythic plus when they're satisfied with their current trait level. It's the main thing getting people to do stuff like normal and heroic en when they're 880+. All they needed is some sort of incentive at all. On the other hand, it's quite possible that players will fatigue of doing Maw of Souls carries for the 500th time. Everybody has their limits with this sort of thing, so one can hope we'll continue to get diverse streams of content. That's my view on it anyway, it's getting guildies logging in, and me playing the game everyday, but I'm obviously not super happy about the repetition nor the RNG of it all (would have been nice to target legendaries). It's a carrot on a stick of sorts, but the game's probably better for it, but maybe not in the long run. Hard to say.

TLDR: Not exactly fun but the games probably better for it

I have stopped chasing my bis legendary after reaching 880.
    That's just my limit.
    I also got a stat stick one for my first legendary...so.. why bother.
    Last edited by PiggyT; 2016-11-21 at 01:03 AM.

If it's not fun, then the game is probably not better for it. Because that's the entire point of "Games".

The hard part is finding things that are both fun and good for the game - And why one should criticize if the developer fails to accomplish this, so that it can be changed.
    Settling is always bad for the consumer.

Yeah, burning people out befor the first tier is even out sure seems good for the game...

Besides, AP was supposed to be the "carrot" for doing WQs and dungeons, not the most powerful items in the game, given out at random.

Grinding is more common in the MMO genre than others. More acceptable in this sort of game, but I agree it can burn people out in the long run. IIRC, you get 25% increased AP required per trait and its 30% increase for each AK level? (could be wrong). So I think what they're going for is you to pace yourself with AK a bit, but you can definitely push so hard that you can be up against a wall without taking offspecs into account. I know I'm starting to take a break the day before a new AK level. That pacing system isn't all that bad but I do think many players will ignore it and still burn themselves out for sure. It's that or you just stop caring for awhile after the 35th trait (5% dmg). Maybe that's their hope. We'll have to see what 7.2 brings, but for now I'm cautiously optimistic on the grinding front
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2016-11-21 at 04:22 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ive gotten 3, 1 utility, 1 for an spec i no longer use and 1 Sephuz, non boosts my dmg really as frost dk

As i got 3, chance to get 4th/5th is so low ive just said "fuck it" with M+ farm for it, ill get em when i get em, not like im not gon lose my raid spot or anything over "lack of BiS legendaries".
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Ive gotten 3, 1 utility, 1 for an spec i no longer use and 1 Sephuz, non boosts my dmg really as frost dk

As i got 3, chance to get 4th/5th is so low ive just said "fuck it" with M+ farm for it, ill get em when i get em, not like im not gon lose my raid spot or anything over "lack of BiS legendaries".
    Yeah I'm curious if this softcap/farm protection thing is legit or not, if it is I'm probably just going to say fuck it too