Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    It's not the legendaries that are killing your guild. It's the elitist assholes like you that run them because you care more about the results than the players.
    see this guy has the right idea its not the system thats wrong its the elitest playerbase attitude that ruins the game and makes everything predictable af

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evaida View Post
    top 10 world kills on my CV.
    Please don't tell me you actually put WoW kills on your CV.....

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    Why should I quit and play a different game when scumbags like you are part of the problem?
    What problem exactly ? I doubt "we" ever play content with each other unless obviously you or someone like you pays me for a boost.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azmoden View Post
    So yeah, keep playing and keep hoping, and keep thinking this is an awesome
    At least I am just retarded enough to keep playing.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2016-11-21 at 12:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyalo View Post
    Assuming you're talking about point 35 (5% damage), there are plenty of legendaries that are better DPS jumps than Point 35 is.
    "Plenty of legendaries" with better dps jumps. There might be one 10% increase for some classes, but some classes dont have better than 5% increases to single target. No, the legendary system is not what holds hardcore raiders back. HEy, they can even make a shadow priest alt and do better single target dps that any class with bis legendaries.
    Last edited by barackohmama; 2016-11-21 at 12:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azmoden View Post
    So keep playing and hoping, and saying it's a great system (it's not), it's your time after all. I've never been happier than when I cancelled my sub to this piece of shit this once great game had become.
    And yet you still lurk on these forums like a creepy ex who spends all their time spying and showing bitter resentment towards your previous partner who is doing much better without you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    What problem exactly ? I doubt "we" ever play content with each other unless obviously you or someone like you pays me for a boost.
    And this, ladies and gentlemen, is what we like to call an "elitist prick".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    Being condescending would work in the case where you vaguely knew what you were talking about. Not all world drops were BiS either. Remember Deathbringer's Will in ICC? People ran that the entire tier without getting it to drop for them. It's called "drop chance" meaning it's not guaranteed. Welcome to an MMO where nothing is guaranteed. 99% people complaining aren't even good enough players for it to matter. Unless you are in a World Top 20 guild "competing" (which is laughable in and of itself in a 12 year old game with no eSports scene), who the hell cares? Get over it. It adds more to the game than it detracts.
    Wow... entirely content free. NO reasoning, just 'deal with it.'

No. YOU deal with the fact that it's not close to a good or perfect system. And learn to read - I was replying to a comment about BiS world drops so telling me they weren't all BiS is meaningless.

One final tip - if discussion and differing opinions bother you you're in the wrong fucking place.

Quote Originally Posted by mokuton View Post
    man i think there's a lot of ppl here that don't know that some legendaries increases your damage by 10-15%. You cannot gate that fucking advantage behind RNG
    You can. Just play alts on a decent level.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flextt View Post
    We are not "early in ", we are mid-progression. The dice will be cast come Christmas, afterwards the old content will be phased out in favor of NH. The legendary system is shit.
    We're not mid progression. We haven't even had a tier raid yet and still have at least two more tier raids to come. I wouldn't call that mid-progression.

Quote Originally Posted by Evaida View Post
    I've replied to as many people as I could as constructively as I could. If you find that condescending I would suggest that's your issue not mine.
    Self awareness is hard.

The idea is OK, the implementation is poor.

We should, at least, have been able to choose what our first Legendary is. So that we can get the juicy one we actually want first, then any subsequent Legendary is actually a cool bonus, rather than another potential disappointment.

Because I have 3 so far. Sephuz's Secret on my DH which is crap for her, and my main has Prydaz and Aggrammar's Stride. None help my DPS in any way, and while the two crappy ones will get buffed they're still far inferior to the actually good legends I could have gotten. I'm not in a super serious progression guild so it doesn't impact my gameplay that much, but it's still annoying to have those three supposedly Legendary items... not actually be that useful.

The other day, I ran my new 110 mage through random dungeons, and the tank was a Prot Warrior that had the legendary I actually wanted (Alaya's Stone Heart) equipped, even if it's basically useless for Prot. They were also obviously a mediocre player at best, not knowing any of the fights in the place and being loaded in WQ gear. And honestly, I was annoyed. Why does this person get to have one of my BiS legendaries while they obviously have no need of it and haven't done any difficult content, while I make do with stuff that wouldn't even be an upgrade if not for its ilvl despite making efforts progressing EN and higher M+?

The legendary system feel like every player in the game is pulling a slot machine. I know doing more/harder content gives you a better chance, but that's all it is, more swings on the slot machine. It barely rewards effort or even just grinding like the MoP/WoD system did. It rewards luck (unless perhaps you literally no-life farm thousands of M+ like world first guilds, and fuck that honestly) and craps out absolute BiS items to the lucky few. It's just a lottery, and lottery is not good game design.
    Last edited by Jastall; 2016-11-21 at 02:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    This is the least intelligent comment I've read on these forums all year... even after all the Clinton and Trump posts... This dev team made the most successful MMO ever thats been running 12+years. Objectivity>Subjectivity. Learn the difference. To presume you know more is friggin' hysterical. Bet you think you can do brain surgery too.
    While I agree that his statement was out of line, you have to stop and consider that right now there are actually probably a LOT of players who have been with game longer than some of the current devs. Stop and think about that for a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    While I agree that his statement was out of line, you have to stop and consider that right now there are actually probably a LOT of players who have been with game longer than some of the current devs. Stop and think about that for a little bit.
    I've been driving a car longer than some of the newest F1 formula racers, clearly I can drive better than them.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    I've been driving a car longer than some of the newest F1 formula racers, clearly I can drive better than them.
    Depending on the situation, maybe. But you could reasonable say you at least know what you're talking about when it comes to driving, yes? It doesn't take a master chef to know when the toast is burnt, after all. Nor does it take an F1 racer to change a flat tire.

- - - Updated - - -

Do formula-1 racers never crash and burn? Don't make errors on a high-speed turn? Just because someone performs at a higher level doesn't mean they're infallible.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2016-11-21 at 03:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by throwaway-o View Post
    How so? I mean it becomes substantially better but you still won't be able to trigger it on e.g. Ursoc
    Of course you can't trigger it on every fight, but the same goes for plenty of other legendaries. There's so many that only get use on multiple targets.

But on any fight with interrupts, 25 % haste for 10seconds every 30seconds is insane. Constantly very near-lust strength bursts through the fight. Making it, for someone who gets use out of lust, a very very strong legendary.

And for anyone who says you'll have to get the interrupt first, any raid leader world their salt, would put you on the interrupt rotations so you get high value out of it. Because why not get free damage.

Besides the fact that the system is shit. Most powerful items in the game shouldn't be RNG like, and available to everyone. And i don't understand this comparison to TBC that one mong here is posting about. Were lots of people wandering around with illidan's warglaives a week into the xpac? Did anyone have a legendary that early in the xpac? How is that comparison even relevant?

ANYWAYS, they screwed this system by having 'shit legendaries'. That to me is what should be fixed. All "SHIT" legendaries should be removed or buffed. "SHIT Legendary" is an oxymoron.

If they really wanted this RNG system, there should have been only one legendary per spec which should be "BiS" for that spec. That's it.

Getting a shitty legendary is worse than not having one. Cos you know you wasted your "bad luck protection" on a useless piece of crap. Now you have to wait for the whole cycle again.

orange is the new purple.
    Last edited by rudeboi; 2016-11-21 at 04:46 AM.

Depending on the situation, maybe. But you could reasonable say you at least know what you're talking about when it comes to driving, yes? It doesn't take a master chef to know when the toast is burnt, after all. Nor does it take an F1 racer to change a flat tire.
    In what world?
    My aunt has been driving close to 35 years and still manages to clip the curb outside her house for 20 of them on a semi-regular basis.
    Time =/= Skill. Some people should just never be consulted on anything. Wow has a lot of these people playing it, both new and old.

On that point, the main topic is a perfect example. The current legendary system is not perfect so therefore the vocal minority demands nothing less than its execution. These are people incapable of seeing how iterative design works, i'd bet most of them were also crowing about purging all of garrisons existence throughout Wod. Then legion rolls along and we have Class halls with a much better design for the main component of garrisons and most of these people are suddenly nowhere to be found. They emerge again months later to whine about something new. So the cycle continues and now its legendaries.

Hopefully Blizzard is smart enough to ignore these people and just fine-tunes the system next time around. My first thoughts are immediate that they should all be awesome utility and there shouldn't be ANY straight dps effect upgrades ever again. The ilevel handles that aspect of making it exciting just fine.

Oh and before I get lambasted for something along the lines of "Typical scrub must have best in slot legendary otherwise you would feel our pain!!!!" I'm a Boomkin with Prydaz. Ie, right at the fucking bottom.
    Last edited by Lyvefire; 2016-11-21 at 04:27 AM.

It doesn't take a master chef to know when the toast is burnt, after all.
    Unless your name is Nomi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyvefire View Post
    In what world?
    My aunt has been driving close to 35 years and still manages to clip the curb outside her house for 20 of them on a semi-regular basis.
    Time =/= Skill. Some people should just never be consulted on anything. Wow has a lot of these people playing it, both new and old.

On that point, the main topic is a perfect example. The current legendary system is not perfect so therefore the vocal minority demands nothing less than its execution. These are people incapable of seeing how iterative design works, i'd bet most of them were also crowing about purging all of garrisons existence throughout Wod. Then legion rolls along and we have Class halls with a much better design for the main component of garrisons and most of these people are suddenly nowhere to be found. They emerge again months later to whine about something new. So the cycle continues and now its legendaries.

Hopefully Blizzard is smart enough to ignore these people and just fine-tunes the system next time around. My first thoughts are immediate that they should all be awesome utility and there shouldn't be ANY straight dps effect upgrades ever again. The ilevel handles that aspect of making it exciting just fine.

Oh and before I get lambasted for something along the lines of "Typical scrub must have best in slot legendary otherwise you would feel our pain!!!!" I'm a Boomkin with Prydaz. Ie, right at the fucking bottom.
    Its less that its not perfect and more that the core philosophy behind it is poor. People want agency over their characters. The legendary is arguable one of the biggest inprovements they can get. Leaving the legendaries purely up to chance robs players of agency. This really cuts across all spectrums hardcore and casual. Ultimately the current implementation is not exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Its less that its not perfect and more that the core philosophy behind it is poor. People want agency over their characters. The legendary is arguable one of the biggest inprovements they can get. Leaving the legendaries purely up to chance robs players of agency. This really cuts across all spectrums hardcore and casual. Ultimately the current implementation is not exciting.
    I don't disagree but I will stress this is the current iteration.

Straight dps upgrade legendary effects are dumb since they're only exciting to the small portion that actually obtain them but rng legendaries are not necessarily a problem on their own. I was thrilled when I got Prydaz...before I went and looked up the theorycrafting and found it was the worst one. That shield is certainly not to be ignored but when its compared to the goddamn dreamcatcher its junk. The solution does not have to be both going. The solution is dreamcatcher going.

Basically rng diversity of utility across a class is not an issue but rng diversity of dps certainly is.

I love the legendary system so much I have 2 generic legendaries and the worst class specific one I JUST GOT.....I hate this game. I least I can pad like a mfer with bursting shot lol

Quote Originally Posted by Lyvefire View Post
    In what world?
    My aunt has been driving close to 35 years...
    Is every driver your aunt?

My point was simple that a person's opinion shouldn't be immediately dismissed simply because they aren't a game developer, and the simply because Blizzard releases something doesn't automatically make it perfect in every way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rudeboi View Post
    Unless your name is Nomi
    I LOL'd! Nomi is definitely NOT a master chef.