Page 37 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaabbc View Post
    They didn't advertise it.

They were asked a question on the panel and answered it.
    Oh...it will be known once it's in game/decided upon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Either it'll be a new character, or it has to be someone we don't expect.

Obviously, Zarya is out of the equation. So is TracerxWidowmaker (she killed her own husband, people).

What I would like to see is either Genji, Sombra, Lucio, Hanzo, Pharah or McCree. I could also accept Reinhardt/Reaper/Soldier:76, but they would kind of feel odd I think compared to the other characters.

Those that I would be extremely disappointed would be Zarya, Tracer, Mercy, D.Va, Junkrat, Roadhog, Mei and the Mechs. They would be way too easy in my opinion and I think the LGBT community could stand to have a strong LGBT character that isn't stereotyped.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

7+ Year Old Account
    It would suck if Zarya is the LGBT character. Honestly.

It would add nothing to her character and would make her seen even more stereotype. "Oh, look. Because she is a women with muscles she MUST be lesbian"

That's not progressive. That's stupid. Lesbians can be any type of women. Not just butch lesbians

Quote Originally Posted by JTHMRulez1 View Post

It would add nothing to her character and would make her seen even more stereotype. "Oh, look. Because she is a women with muscles she MUST be lesbian"

That's not progressive. That's stupid. Lesbians can be any type of women. Not just butch lesbians
    Lets not sell it short... Hanzo has muscles, McCree has muscles... Zarya's muscles have muscles. She's got Traps that make Winston's seem small.

People thinking their shipping dreams are the LGBT characters is just incredibly cringe.

If anything, I don't think any of the characters we got now are together with any of the other characters we have. It's probably an outside character.

How about she is, but isn't the only one?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Oh...it will be known once it's in game/decided upon.
    Of course it will.

I don't know how it's going to be "in game" though. All we know so far is it'll likely come up in the next hero comic.

When the fuck is that going to be anyway...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lordrevangr View Post
    You don't see the "straight" characters of Overwatch mention their sexuality, so why should the lgbt character (whoever it is) do that ?
    Widowmaker's romantic history is a pretty big part of her backstory. Though we haven't gotten an actual comic/cinematic on that topic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Phoenix View Post
    At this point it looks like every single character is going to be gay, if we go by what the community "wants" or thinks...

Also, has it struck anyone that they might not be in a relationship with another Overwatch character?
    I was just assuming that any relationships would be with characters outside the current cast, but I guess it could go either way.

Anyway, why make them gay when you could make them all bi?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    People thinking their shipping dreams are the LGBT characters is just incredibly cringe.

If anything, I don't think any of the characters we got now are together with any of the other characters we have. It's probably an outside character.
    76 and Reaper have (had) a very strong relationship, they could easily make that a former romance.

My guess is Zarya with the russian business lady, not even with another playable character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I think that is sadly just a fan construct. It is incredibly popular though, so, maybe?
    As long as they do better with it than Legend of Korra did with Korrasami.

Though everyone clearly knows it's all about that Mercy/Genji.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account

I've always said they should go the complete opposite with Zarya.

She's a pro-wrestler/defender of Russia by day, but at night she goes home to her librarian husband and two children. She teaches wrestling to children on weekends at the learning annex and periodically volunteers in her children's classrooms.

If only because that'd be friggin' hilarious.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    I just hope they don't ham fist it (which they will because this will be the only confirmed relationship).
    Hamfist?

Doomfist/Roadhog shipping already?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Standing up and shouting "you know what, we are so cool and progressive that our next story will be LGBT!" is stupid and not progressive either. So the way I see it, Zarya or Mei is most likely one loaf of bread in our LGBT sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    What I would like to see is either Genji, Sombra, Lucio, Hanzo, Pharah or McCree. I could also accept Reinhardt/Reaper/Soldier:76, but they would kind of feel odd I think compared to the other characters.
    McCree, really?
    Going gay cowboy, Blizzard?
    SO homophobic.

Honestly any character being homosex could have some sort of stereotype tacked onto them by the usual offenders. I'm still perplexed why they bother trying to pander to them.
    [Kawaii c@girl IRL]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    Those that I would be extremely disappointed would be Zarya, Tracer, Mercy, D.Va, Junkrat, Roadhog, Mei and the Mechs. They would be way too easy in my opinion and I think the LGBT community could stand to have a strong LGBT character that isn't stereotyped.
    I don't think any of those people, aside from Zarya maybe, are "stereotyped" as any type of gay right out of the gate.

I've said it before, but my money is on Mei. (Sure that ruins junkrat/mei, but that was a long shot anyway)

I feel it's... fairly likely... that Mei is going to get a cinematic or comic (she's one of the last four characters not to have one,) and she has this whole new map basically dedicated to her backstory. So I say the cinematic encapsulates her and a female scientist's relationship in ecopoint Antarctica, maybe the female scientist had inspired Mei to join overwatch and fight for a better world and so forth, and then the giant snowstorm hits, they go into cryostasis, Mei awakens 10 years later, finds her lady friend dead along with the rest of the scientists, then has to iron-man her way out of being snowed in and continues her work to make the world a better place in her deceased lady friend's name. You get a sad story complete with character arc, Mei actually doing something, and it covers the new map.

There, thing writes itself.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    As long as they do better with it than Legend of Korra did with Korrasami.
    I don't understand anime/manga references, I never really got into it. I only got around to watching Ghost in the Shell just last night, sorry. It has been recommended to me forever, because I do love my Cyberpunk stuffs, and that was pretty special.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I don't think any of those people, aside from Zarya maybe, are "stereotyped" as any type of gay right out of the gate.

I feel it's... fairly likely... that Mei is going to get a cinematic or comic (she's one of the last four characters not to have one,) and she has this whole new map basically dedicated to her backstory. So I say the cinematic encapsulates her and a female scientist's relationship in ecopoint Antarctica, maybe the female scientist had inspired Mei to join overwatch and fight for a better world and so forth, and then the giant snowstorm hits, they go into cryostasis, Mei awakens 10 years later, finds her lady friend dead along with the rest of the scientists, then has to iron-man her way out of being snowed in and continues her work to make the world a better place in her deceased lady friend's name. You get a sad story complete with character arc, Mei actually doing something, and it covers the new map.

There, thing writes itself.
    Somehow I hadn't even thought of that and it makes me feel something for Mei other than anger.
    Member of every Blizzard beta club.

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Confirmed: Everyone is gay in overwatch.
    That should be the answer Blizzard give!

But I hope it's D.Va!

-=Member of the Champions of the Sunwell=-

10+ Year Old Account
    My money is on Bastion being the gay one.

Machine love.

Deleted
    Ok uninstalled Overwatch from my PC and I'm glad I didn't buy it yet. They will not get my money. If they want to cater to the LGBT community which cares more for their own than western civilization, they've lost me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Furell View Post
    Ok uninstalled Overwatch from my PC and I'm glad I didn't buy it yet. They will not get my money. If they want to cater to the LGBT community which cares more for their own than western civilization, they've lost me.
    Wat. How are the LGBT community and western civilization at odds with eachother, in your mind?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BalwickZaik View Post
    Wat. How are the LGBT community and western civilization at odds with eachother, in your mind?
    I think that post game from 1780 or something, it keeps happening; weird echoes from a time long since dead.