Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyster View Post
    The thread isn't about fraud. It is about removing food stamps from the unwilling. If you read earlier post with assumed numbers you would know these questions weren't dodged and in fact over long term removing people from this would negate any cost. Even if any cost existed that actually came from a credible source since all people doing interviews just deny food stamps to people who don't provide source of work or proof of looking for work.
    And I covered your $55,000,000,000 that you claimed was such a horribly high number. It breaks down to about $10.72 per tax payer per year for the 39 years you mentioned. It's literally pennies per year per tax payer.

Are you honestly claiming that it will cost less than the 1.5 billion per year to catch every single person who is not working and collecting food stamps?

Currently people do need to be actively seeking work, medically unable to work, or working to be eligible for SNAP Benefits if they're able to. Sure there may be people that aren't doing that but the cost to find all of those people would outweigh the cost of the actual benefits.

The average tax payer is barely going to notice it coming from his/her taxes since the cost to keep those food stamps flowing is so abysmally low compared to the cost of attempting to remove them for questionable reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    And I covered your $55,000,000,000 that you claimed was such a horribly high number. It breaks down to about $10.72 per tax payer per year for the 39 years you mentioned. It's literally pennies per year per tax payer.

Are you honestly claiming that it will cost less than the 1.5 billion per year to catch every single person who is not working and collecting food stamps?

Currently people do need to be actively seeking work, medically unable to work, or working to be eligible for SNAP Benefits if they're able to. Sure there may be people that aren't doing that but the cost to find those people would outweigh the cost of the actual benefits.
    It doesn't matter what you broke it down to. You argue if it's worth the cost. It absolutely is since it will most definitely be a gain. Stop trying to twist the argument and neglect what you have said or asked.

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't matter what you broke it down to. You argue if it's worth the cost. It absolutely is since it will most definitely be a gain. Stop trying to twist the argument and neglect what you have said or asked.
    Are you truly this bad at math? If it costs more to hunt down the people and remove them from eligibility than it does to continue to allow them benefits there is no way it can be a gain. You can lie about a lot of things on the forums....you can't lie about math.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    A lot of those people work for Wal-Mart.
    And how much Money does Wal-Mart makes per Year ???

Should sue them. its the US it might work

Are you truly this bad at math? If it costs more to hunt down the people and remove them from eligibility than it does to continue to allow them benefits there is no way it can be a gain. You can lie about a lot of things on the forums....you can't lie about math.
    Well ignoring the fact there is no witch hunt involved in the interviewers doing what they will still be doing. Just denying the people who aren't doing what they are suppose to, I haven't seen you provide any numbers for this cost. How much will it cost? First: you haven't provided any number. Second: you seem ignorant enough from your posts that you will keep intertwining this thread with fraud. Third: it was already pointed out that the long term benefits vastly outweigh any instant gratification. I'm assuming you also hope for instant gratification on any investments you do?

Screaming someone is bad at math doesn't negate you not providing anything to contradict that there would inevitably be a gain to whatever costs over time.
    Last edited by Zyster; 2016-11-21 at 06:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    three counties in Georgia is alot of people in america?

- - - Updated - - -

It's funny because there's alot of people in america who work full time but still need the assistance.
    The working poor and under employed are the real bastards of the nation. Ignored by many disliked by almost all. Considered a drain by people that don't care to dig deeper.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Pretty much, yeah.

The same guys complaining about all the money that goes to "welfare queens" are the ones writing up multi-billion defense contracts to give to their buddies.

I'm eager to see the day that people in the US stop buying this paradoxical nonsense about how the poor people are taking all the money.
    Lets see 1 more surplus M1 Abrams tank to go sit in the desert outside of Reno to never be used or we could feed the poor in the country for a few months. http://security.blogs.cnn.com/2012/1...-but-no-tanks/ GoP pushed this through even though the Army didn't want it. 3 billion dollars, sure it was a few years ago, but this is a very clear example of the issue. Even better the congressman that pushed for this took a 56,000 dollar contribution from General Dynamics, who makes the tank.
    Last edited by Alvito; 2016-11-21 at 06:19 AM.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

You can't lie about math, but you can be bad at it.

Not saying who is or isn't, but depending on what it did cost to get the people who are no longer eligible off food stamps, in the long term it would be a gain.

Assuming it's a one time cost to find those people and a system would exist to prevent ineligible people from ever collecting, thereby ending up in a long term gain (however small). If either one of those turns out to be untrue, then you're absolutely right...it would either be a loss (which would fucking ridiculous) or a net zero change...which is still retarded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its stupid. A lot of people who are against food stamps are the "local aid should replace federal aid" people but don't/refuse to contribute to local aid programs. I honestly don't mind my tax dollars going to food stamps, even if there is a small percentage of people who take advantage of the system. I rather there be a small percentage of people taking advantage of the system to nab a box aa cheerios than corporate execs cheating their employees and the country out of millions of dollars that could go towards helping people out.

We bitch about poor people collecting welfare checks meanwhile we have "billionaires" who haven't paid taxes for years. How many welfare checks do you have to chase to equal the amount of dodged taxes?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by W1sp View Post
    What do you guys think of this.
    I think the people cheering for this will be flabbergasted when crime rates start going up.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    You can't lie about math, but you can be bad at it.

Not saying who is or isn't, but depending on what it did cost to get the people who are no longer eligible off food stamps, in the long term it would be a gain.

Assuming it's a one time cost to find those people and a system would exist to prevent ineligible people from ever collecting, thereby ending up in a long term gain (however small). If either one of those turns out to be untrue, then you're absolutely right...it would either be a loss (which would fucking ridiculous) or a net zero change...which is still retarded.
    Simply do not hand out food stamps to anyone who asks for them that is unemployed that doesn't show up at the employment centers/job training centers and spend time there each day, and anyone who is employed and asks for them that doesn't show up to work (doctors apt if sick) each day. There, qualification enforced with no additional costs.
    Last edited by Total Crica; 2016-11-21 at 06:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    A lot of those people not searching for work, can't work. Soo..
    Which again which has been repeated to you by more than just me. Able-bodied. Idk if there is anyone in this thread yet that has said fuck everyone regardless if don't or can't work. It has been about the unwilling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HomeHoney View Post
    Simply do not hand out food stamps to anyone who asks for them that is unemployed that doesn't show up at the employment centers/job training centers and spend time there each day, and anyone who is employed and asks for them that doesn't show up to work (doctors apt if sick) each day. There, qualification enforced with no additional costs.
    I mean do you really want poor people wasting their time and gas money driving up to some government office everyday. All that does is create angst. Most recipients aren't exploiting the system. Even when people do exploit it the system its for short term relief to try to get ahead. The amount of "Welfare Queens" that actually exists are low and inconsequential. We need to stop demonizing people who seek aid and instead encourage them to do what they have to do to get back on their feet asap.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Well ignoring the fact there is no witch hunt involved in the interviewers doing what they will still be doing. Just denying the people who aren't doing what they are suppose to, I haven't seen you provide any numbers for this cost. How much will it cost? First: you haven't provided any number. Second: you seem ignorant enough from your posts that you will keep intertwining this thread with fraud. Third: it was already pointed out that the long term benefits vastly outweigh any instant gratification. I'm assuming you also hope for instant gratification on any investments you do?
    Well those interviewers have to prove that those people aren't doing what they're supposed to be doing -- Which means people have to actually investigate these people over a period of time.

If people are collecting benefits and not fulfilling their end of the bargain -- Seeking employment, working, or medically unable to work which is required to obtain SNAP Benefits then that is fraud. So to claim that this thread isn't about fraud is a lie.

It costs the American Taxpayer about 10 cents per day to fund Food Stamps based on a $50,000/year income.

The Progress Report: Foodstamps Cost a Few Bucks, Corporate Welfare Costs Billions. This 2013 excerpt of Truthout, Nov 5, is by Thom Hartmann's Daily Take Program. In 2012, the average American taxpayer making $50,000 per year paid just $36 towards the food stamps program. That's just ten cents a day!

I guess you're going to have to show me where that's going to be more than the cost of a full on government investigation to stop people from doing it. Unless you're suggesting people that are working and get laid off are immediately pulled from the program because they're obviously abusing the system.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    I mean do you really want poor people wasting their time and gas money driving up to some government office everyday. All that does is create angst. Most recipients aren't exploiting the system. Even when people do exploit it the system its for short term relief to try to get ahead. The amount of "Welfare Queens" that actually exists are low and inconsequential. We need to stop demonizing people who seek aid and instead encourage them to do what they have to do to get back on their feet asap.
    allowing them to receive aid after they contribute to the society that is funding the aid IS encouraging them

Well, a lot of people also support idea of a basic income which could possibly go to people unwilling to work. So, I don't think that the small amount of people who get some kind of welfare but aren't really trying to work is a huge concern because well, it's a very small amount of people.
    SOMEONE has to work in order for others to not have to work in that system - who is it going to be? You? K, I will stay home, you go to work.

OR, we can have a system that doesn't give support UNTIL you have worked (or tried to work) if you are able to work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HomeHoney View Post
    allowing them to receive aid after they contribute to the society that is funding the aid IS encouraging them
    Are you really that worked up over the $3/month you pay to subsidize their food stamps that you want them to jump through hoops even though it's already been stated a majority of food stamp recipients are working?

Good. I can't wait til this mess of a country is fixed

Are you really that worked up over the $3/month you pay to subsidize their food stamps that you want them to jump through hoops even though it's already been stated a majority of food stamp recipients are working?
    Not if you are going to fund them instead of me. I will bow out and let you fund them and I will keep my paycheck. That work for you?

SOMEONE has to work, but not EVERYONE. Why is that a problem?
    No problem here, as long as it's YOU working and not me. Deal?

Well, it'd be getting off topic a bit but the idea of a basic income is mostly a purposed solution to automation taking over a significant amount of jobs and newer jobs becoming more efficient and extremely specialized which leads to very few people even capable of finding a job. Eventually, the goal is to have most of everything automated and barely anyone working. So, yes, SOMEONE has to work, but not EVERYONE. Why is that a problem? It's not like the people not working are getting as much in life as those who are working.
    I'm sure everyone will feel swelling national pride to work twice as hard and make less to supply people who don't want to work, comrade.