Deleted

Which spec relies the least on procs?

Greetings

I have been interesting my mage alt and messing around a bit in all the three spec and noticed all 3 have some proc reliant element.

Arcane has arcane missles
    Fire has heating up/hot streak
    Frost has fingers of frost

Which of the 3 specs relies the least on their proc ability for the end game?
    I tend to dislike things i have no control over.

Deleted
    Dont play mage then.

It's a very big chunk of all 3 specs damage.

Glacial spike is the only build that doesn't rely on procs like the others.
    Last edited by deadman1; 2016-11-19 at 09:34 PM.

Deleted
    glacial spike build

Frost relies the least in procs. There's flurry and FoF but you get your FoF procs from water jet/frozen orb. Flurry procs fairly frequently, fof procs are less frequent but the dps doesn't feel dependent to the procs. Cooldowns, apart from icy veins, are short. But now that you got me thinking, fire has a lot of combo generators and cd reductions aswell, so yeah. For me, frost feels a lot less proc-dependant. It feels like there's not much luck involved in doing dps, that's me though.

heating up is not a proc, it's guaranteed after every crit

Quote Originally Posted by shadycharacter1 View Post
    ?? Heat up is a proc you get after a crit

If you don't count the glacial spike build, fire is actually the most predictable one, since with decent gear you have 60% crit and every fireball in a row that didn't crit gives you a 10% bonus (20% with the upcoming 2-pieces bonus).
    Frost has a lot of procs which you have to manage (for example you need to use up all your ice lances before using brain freeze, and both are procs).
    Arcane has only arcane missiles, but they aren't predictable at all.
    Edit: forgot about an arcane blast proc from artifact. So that's 2 procs now.
    Last edited by Noctiphobia; 2016-11-21 at 12:29 AM.

And since not every cast of a fire mage is a crit, it's a proc.. But yeah, with decent enough gear (60%+ Crit), fire procs are easy to manage.

Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    glacial spike build
    Yes, no procs whatsoever. It's a 2 button spec + cooldowns. The only thing that can be screwed is deploying Rune of Power and having to move out of it, true for all Mage specs.
    Requires Arcane-level amount of Mastery and is good only for single/dual target, but so is the regular Frost anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

Deleted
    Crit is a proc.

Frost (TV) is by far the most proc oriented spec.
    Arcane the least.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    Frost (TV) is by far the most proc oriented spec.
    Arcane the least.
    I'd said with enough crit, Fire is the least. Arcane depends AM proc mostly to conserve mana and does enough damage in sustain phase.

Least rng to most rng.
    Frost (Glacial Spike) > Fire (With good crit gear) > Arcane > Fire (Without good crit gear) > Frost (TV)

Quote Originally Posted by Grinde View Post
    I'd said with enough crit, Fire is the least. Arcane depends AM proc mostly to conserve mana and does enough damage in sustain phase.
    I have the bracers so that skews things a little, but even without them fire has to actively react to procs (Fblast) which makes it more "proccy" than just watching AM build up