Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    I so want to play the Baldur's Gate games again. The plot, story and characterization are so GOOD but the UI and interface...The graphics are easy to get over but eesh ive been spoilt by all the convenient ui's games have these days

Playing some of the ps1 age syphon filter 1, etc games. Urgh. still smooth movement though.

The Breath of Fire games have aged gracefully. Though finding a safe emulator is an issue..
    you could get the remasters. https://www.gog.com/game/baldurs_gate_enhanced_edition https://www.gog.com/game/baldurs_gat...hanced_edition

As an older fella, there are lots

I used to play lots of Sensible Soccer with my brother, which I loved. Downloaded it recently and thought, what an earth was I thinking. FIFA it aint.

I can replay every Ratchet & Clank game on my old PS2 except the first one. With every game they learned from their mistakes and got better, and hoo boy, that first game had some major mistakes. Mostly the complete lack of strafing in a game where you have to point your gun at things and shoot them while moving.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Goldeneye was revolutionary at the time, basically making multiplayer FPS games a thing. Play it now. It's choppy, the multiplayer is boring, and the single player game is glitchy as hell.
    What's interesting is I thought Goldeneye was garbage in the same way you describe it when it was a current game. I was like Wow this is awful.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dispraise View Post
    *shudders*

I made a mod where you help Jiub drive them all to extinction, and then he takes all the credit for it.
    There is the opposite mod to counter it.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    Something about standing face to face with someone and swinging my sword through them 100 times before landing a hit made me dislike the combat.
    Umm... Weird, I've never had this problem. Most enemies, especially on later char levels, died pretty fast on the highest difficulty.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Most games. I can't really think of any that HAVE aged well. Unless you include games like WoW, which are updated every 6 months

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Umm... Weird, I've never had this problem. Most enemies, especially on later char levels, died pretty fast on the highest difficulty.
    Really? This is basically the main thing my friends and I disliked about Morrowind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    Really? This is basically the main thing my friends and I disliked about Morrowind.

[video=youtube;bNXYrAkUntU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNXYrAkUntU[video]
    Weird. Poor build maybe, and lack of enchantments on the weapon? On higher levels, fighting these very guys (Ordinadors), each of my hits would land, and they would die in 5-6 hits on the hardest difficulty.

Granted, I played with community patches, so maybe they change the system in some ways.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Pretty much most early 3d games remind me of ReBoot:
    Omg thanks that pic just reminded me of an old tv serie i saw as kid but couldt ever find it again have asked countless of people if they knew it, without luck. you made my day even better - Thanks dude

There is the opposite mod to counter it.
    I've had nightmares like this.

Granted, I played with community patches, so maybe they change the system in some ways.
    One thing to note about community patches: The way the AI is scripted in the base game causes them to ignore any spells available to them that have a 0 point magicka cost, which includes all of the non-passive racial powers. If you use a patch that changes that behavior combat becomes noticeably more difficult, as they actually use their abilities.

Dark Elves in particular have the "ancestor guardian" power which adds 50 points to their ability to dodge for one minute, making them almost impossible to hit for lower level characters. And since they make up roughly half the game's population, it's a problem you'll run into a lot.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Weird. Poor build maybe, and lack of enchantments on the weapon? On higher levels, fighting these very guys (Ordinadors), each of my hits would land, and they would die in 5-6 hits on the hardest difficulty.

Play the vanilla, un-modded game and get back to us on how you never had that problem. :P
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Twisted Metal, Duke Nukem 3D, Shadow Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    I don't have a problem with EverQuest's graphics, personally. It's the hundreds and hundreds of hours grinding for exp and no loot that kills it for me now. I just can't get back into the game without sacrificing my personal life to reach max level. INB4 someone says some crap about "it's the journey that matters, and not the end game." F that, it's only about the end-game.

OT I think D2 aged the worst for me. Clicking to walk and pick up gold, and other mechanics has lost its appeal for me.

I hate to say this, but the original pokemon games. I downloaded yellow for my 3ds when they re-released it, I forced myself to get past the first gym and couldn't be bothered to move on from there. Kind of made me sad, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    I'm sure it wouldn't win a popularity contest, but I still think it's a much better RPG than Skyrim. Less hand-holding, a greater sense of exploration and danger, better storytelling through far more dialogue options.
    I was really hoping for a remastered morrowind and/or oblivion before skyrim, they just knew all of the plebs would flock to Skyrim.

Quote Originally Posted by runique View Post
    I was really hoping for a remastered morrowind and/or oblivion before skyrim, they just knew all of the plebs would flock to Skyrim.
    Well, Morrowind and Oblivion would have required remaking the games. Skyrim SE is more a port than a remaster, just to get mods on consoles.

I'd love a remastered Morrowind, but if they were going to remake one of the older games in the series I'd sooner go for Daggerfall. It's stupidly broken, but it wasn't that bad a game once upon a time. Okay, it really was that bad, but still worth experiencing.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Holy shit that is awesome. I was waiting for Skywind to be done but wow. I still dip into the MW from time to time--will have to take a look at this mod and see about getting it installed.

I hope someone will do this type of overhaul for Vampire The Masquerade--which is my entry for this topic. That's another game with a rich world that could do with some graphics tlc.
    Currently playing: GW, TORTANIC.
    Still visit: TSW, W*, GW2, Rift, LOTRO, ESO.
    Endure. In enduring, grow strong.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Elder Scrolls Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim(somewhat).

Halo: CE is also not too hot.

Grand theft auto 3.. How I ever beat that game as a kid is beyond me. That game has some of the most sensitive and bizarre vehicle controls ever. I can't count the times I failed one of the first missions in the game because I crashed the car, mind you said car would literally do a 90 degree turn the moment I as much as just flicked the analogstick and cause the car to flip over and blow up because obviously cars blow up when flipped on their head or side.