Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Why kill yourself? Kill someone else. That way you've got a roof over your head, food, though you have to share. Might beat being homeless without any options beyond the kindness of others I suppose, depends on how desperate you are of course. Though perhaps a crime that doesn't give a life sentence might be smarter bet.. if you can figure out how to live with the felony to your name after release.

Quote Originally Posted by Felnoire View Post
    Why kill yourself? Kill someone else. That way you've got a roof over your head, food, though you have to share. Might beat being homeless without any options beyond the kindness of others I suppose, depends on how desperate you are of course. Though perhaps a crime that doesn't give a life sentence might be smarter bet.. if you can figure out how to live with the felony to your name after release.
    I'm pretty sure homeless people know that is an option, but the fact is freedom is something you don't realize how much you enjoy until you're in jail and it's taken away from you. Sure, maybe some homeless may do that when things get really bad but being dead for some would be better than not being free.

I think it depends a lot on where you live as well. If you live in a place with shit winters the last thing you want to be is without a home in winter.

There's also different forms of being homeless. There is homeless and your life is totally over, or there's homeless but you're a very determined person who won't give up, maybe you're a student just getting by but at least will have an education, maybe you're a surfer dude in Cali who lives out of their van and does odd jobs, but is homeless because they like it. In the end, though, there's probably a good portion of suicides that come from people who simply would have been homeless.

I'd go kill someone else and live in their house.

Deleted
    Probably not, at least before an old age. If I should become homeless when I am old, then I will probably stage a spectacular suicide so some people start to feel guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    Before it happens anyway, and if it ever would for you.

I hope people don't get the wrong idea and I have nothing against people that are unfortunate to be homeless, but if the prospect of it even came remotely close, I would rather just die.
    I would rather kill someone else and take his house.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Suicide is the cowards way out. As someone who has been homeless before, there are ways to get back off the streets and become a productive member of society again, as long as you are willing to work and stay clean.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

I cannot imagine what your situation would be where you were forced to be homeless. I mean here is a craigslist listing for a mobile home for $500.

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sf...877414707.html

You can park it in Coachella for $285/month all utilities included.

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/la...878814865.html

You'd have to have serious issues to not be able to afford that. Just working part time at a fast food joint would keep you from being homeless.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

I hope people don't get the wrong idea and I have nothing against people that are unfortunate to be homeless, but if the prospect of it even came remotely close, I would rather just die.
    There's just no way for me to become homless, so there's that...
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

10+ Year Old Account
    Nahhhhh, if I ever ended up homeless I'd move to SoCal, grow my hair out, and sell weed on the beach
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

I would rather just die.
    Easy to say. I remember an earlier thread you created that was about how you basically piss yourself every time you walk into a convenience store and cops are in there because you're so afraid of dying.

Deleted
    No.

You can always still join the French Foreign Legion up to the age of 45.

Deleted
    I have been homeless, in a hospital and then a hostel before moving into my own place.

It's not as bad as you might think, especially in the U.K just ignore the smackheads, crackheads, tweakers and all the other addicts who'd rob their nan for a five bit :P

And lots of layers!

I was lucky I spent a relatively short amount of time being homeless in Peterborough and then later cambridge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    I'd never be homeless. If it ever came to that, I'd just rob a store or something and get 10 years of free room and board. /shrug
    Given I didn't have a source of income to support myself, I'd turn to robbery and just take stuff and sell it.

Deleted
    No... of course not.

Did your parents treathen to kick you out for blabbering edgy/misantroph stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    I do, I live in Michigan.
    Then what you call homeless isn't really being homeless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I cannot imagine what your situation would be where you were forced to be homeless. I mean here is a craigslist listing for a mobile home for $500.
    That's money that you don't have if you're homeless..But you really don't know what that means do you...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    You'd have to have serious issues to not be able to afford that. Just working part time at a fast food joint would keep you from being homeless.
    100 bucks a week gets you nothing. Though I'm sure some damn fool will think s/he can play the math game where it'll get you a mansion in the sky.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    I'm not retarded or a drug addict, so I would never have to worry about being homeless. In some wacky reality where I did have to face it, I wouldn't just give up because I'm not a little bitch who quits in the face of the tiniest adversity.
    you dont have to be retarded or an drug addict to get homeless... get real dude

7+ Year Old Account

I don't want to say I'd kill myself, so let me put it this way:
    The one reason why I like sleep is that it's like death, but no one has to be sad.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Quote Originally Posted by xqt View Post
    you dont have to be retarded or an drug addict to get homeless... get real dude
    Actually I think the jury is still out on whether he's one or the other...or both.

--------------------

When a person is homeless, s/he has nothing. And I believe that includes the will to live. It's why suicide seems like a reasonable option.

Deleted
    Of course not. However, assuming the unrealistic hypothesis that I do become homeless, I still have a social safety net that would support me long enough to sort out my stuff.

Assuming I'd be alone in the world, then still no but it'd be a lot tougher (obviously). No idea what I would then do, though.

it seems a lot of people have a wrong understanding of what being homeless really is. Not just not having a place, but no money, no friends or family willing to help and no real opportunities of inserting yourself into the wheel again, because you are invisible to society and lack of any rights. A situation where your only option is to survive on what you can grab at a homeless shelter.

Answering the question, I really dont know. I havent seen myself in the situation, and I find it difficult that it could come to that. I have family and even in the case everyone around me died, Id still have my parents home that I could sell to find me a smaller place to live and have some spare to survive some time and find a job in case I lost my actual contract. (I have no rights for unemployment pay, Im an autonomous worker in Spain)
    Last edited by Spiel; 2016-11-21 at 03:46 PM.