Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Going fron enha shamy to frost dk , any tips\tricks or general advice ?

Hello everyone , im swapping from enha to frost dk since i found the class to be more fun than the " maintain x buffs , wait for stormbringer" rotation that is enha , plus i enjoy calling down a bloody dragon on my foes , any advice i should know of? my dk http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...heleria/simple

Deleted
    you have to go back.

Quote Originally Posted by Justhavocman View Post
    Hello everyone , im swapping from enha to frost dk since i found the class to be more fun than the " maintain x buffs , wait for stormbringer" rotation that is enha , plus i enjoy calling down a bloody dragon on my foes , any advice i should know of? my dk http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...heleria/simple
    I switched from War to DK about a month ago, FROST DK that is. I will say it might take some time to get use to everything. I felt it was weak when I first hit legion, but few good quests and gear and Loved it. Now I'm pushing H EN with my guild and Love the class. Not a super demanding rotation but makes you pay attention still.

Make sure you Put your Runes on your Weapons night and day change. Enjoy it and welcome!

You guys really enjoy running at 100% speed and general poor mobility? I guess like they say, diff'rent strokes.

Anyway, read the guides on wowhead and icy-veins for a decent foundation; neither one is completely accurate but they will get you going. Then if you have more questions, get back to us.

yes go back to enh shaman.

Deleted
    Do yourself a favor and don't reroll DK, lol. You'll gain nothing from it and lose a bunch of stuff.

If you care at all about being competitive in DPS, stay Enhance. DK is slow on both specs, and the damage is alright on Frost and utterly shit on Unholy. Utility is also non-existant besides Grip. Just stay with Enhance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Frost dk is fun as fuck but you will soon wanna go back to your shammy again once you realize you spend a lot of the time walking around doing nothing, especially during the dk crucifixion encounter that is also known to the rest of the wow community as Odyn.

Deleted
    Best tip I can give you; go back to enhancement shaman.

This community is more negative about the state of DK than I have ever seen it. Shouldn't he play what he finds more fun?

I find the change from enhancement shammy to frost dk odd personally, the playstyle is fairly similar and there are quite a few more pros to enhancement shammy over the frost dk the movment alone was enough to almost get me to switch to enhancement though in the end I stayed as a DK.

That being said good luck to you there's a thread in here called -Frost-DPS-7-1-ALL-you-need-to-know!, start there.

Guys, had you considered that OP may be concerned with aspects of the game outside of progression raiding? He flat-out stated that he finds DK more fun.

Frost DKs have their own strengths in AoE M+ farming, world content, durability, etc. Yes, enhance is far stronger in ST damage, and for that reason is more desired in current raid content. But the enhance play style of constantly maintaining 3 buffs is not really enjoyable when you're hopping from mob to mob or pack to pack, which is most content outside of raiding. Enhance is also one of the squishiest specs in the game - you will get dumpster'd less frequently as a DK.

I say this as someone who plays both frost DK and enhance equally (876/877 ilvl respectively). I started the expac also maining enhance, but I'm trending towards my DK lately because it's more fun outside of raids. DK's also have blood available to them, which, to me at least, is more useful than resto. Then again, I'm not a mythic raider, so it depends on what content you're interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Frost dk is fun as fuck but you will soon wanna go back to your shammy again once you realize you spend a lot of the time walking around doing nothing, especially during the dk crucifixion encounter that is also known to the rest of the wow community as Odyn.
    Tip for that encounter, A lot of guides say: You shouldn't take increased frost strike range early, even make it your last talent point spent.
    I say: Those guides are all shit, because it's such a major boon in any encounter that requires movement and helps with Icy Talons uptime a lot!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Tip for that encounter, A lot of guides say: You shouldn't take increased frost strike range early, even make it your last talent point spent.
    I say: Those guides are all shit, because it's such a major boon in any encounter that requires movement and helps with Icy Talons uptime a lot!
    Those guides are utter shit then. That was the first trait I went for after the 2nd golden, it's simply too good. I'm getting the last golden trait at 31 because I went for that first, lel

Giving up the best hybrid melee class in game to go FDK? Troll?

Quote Originally Posted by mrmsix6 View Post
    Guys, had you considered that OP may be concerned with aspects of the game outside of progression raiding? He flat-out stated that he finds DK more fun.
    Yeah, too many people get caught up in numbers. Enhance is very strong right now, frost could be strong next patch, doesn't matter in the end. What matters is whether you enjoy playing the spec.

Don't feel the troll, I don't know anybody that would go dk over enh right now

Quote Originally Posted by 0verdose View Post
    Don't feel the troll, I don't know anybody that would go dk over enh right now
    Quote Originally Posted by rerecros View Post
    you have to go back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skazord View Post
    Do yourself a favor and don't reroll DK, lol. You'll gain nothing from it and lose a bunch of stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldvibes View Post
    Giving up the best hybrid melee class in game to go FDK? Troll?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocean View Post
    Best tip I can give you; go back to enhancement shaman.
    Guy comes in here asking for advice about playing a new class he finds fun, and this is the garbage he receives. Sad.

OP, it was mentioned upthread, but start with Icy-Veins frost DK page to get a basic handling on talents, gear, rotation, etc. Frost is a pretty straightforward spec that shouldn't take too long to get a hang of. You can either focus on ST with Obliteration/Attenuation or AoE with Frostscythe/Glacial Advance. For general use out in the world I'd stick with Frostscythe, but both builds work fine.

Play what you enjoy the most. As far as tips, that really depends on what you are doing. Are you going to be raiding casually? Mythic raiding? Mythic plus? Just questing around here and there, or pvp?

In the end, I've found for everything you do in WoW, if you want to get better, it comes down to practice! Looking up some guides on here or Wowhead will help, but in the end, just practice whatever you plan on doing. If thats raiding, hit up LFR a few times to get the rotation down. Mythic+ is all about the aoe and intrupting and ccing at higher levels, which is very different than raiding where it is about each boss. Then there is pvp, which is way different then all the other things.

Check the DK Discord channel, read these forums, ask DKs you see in game that have good gear questions. But remember, just have fun. This is a game, after all.

You have made a terrible choice friend...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmsix6 View Post
    Guy comes in here asking for advice about playing a new class he finds fun, and this is the garbage he receives. Sad.

OP, it was mentioned upthread, but start with Icy-Veins frost DK page to get a basic handling on talents, gear, rotation, etc. Frost is a pretty straightforward spec that shouldn't take too long to get a hang of. You can either focus on ST with Obliteration/Attenuation or AoE with Frostscythe/Glacial Advance. For general use out in the world I'd stick with Frostscythe, but both builds work fine.
    What garbage? What you see is a bunch of disillusioned players that have been through what OP is going through now, and know that there's nothing happy about the ending. If any player that is interested in being competitive knew what DKs would be going through right now, only a very small % would actually pick it in the first place, because guess what, for some people, it's not fun being a bottom feeder only brought along for pity or not brought along at all.

Sure, anyone can have fun the way they want, but from the looks of it, OP is actually interested in at least trying to do well, and if he is, he won't be enjoying DK as much as he enjoyed Shaman. Also, both specs are pretty similar in terms of gameplay.