Page 17 of 55 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    The point he was trying to make is that the popular vote doesn't matter. All that matters is the electoral vote... and that isn't true.

Those of you wanting to change the system that don't (a) understand the current system (b) understand the ramifications of changing the system in the way you suggest, make me laugh.
    And so you cited me, someone who clearly understands both the EC and the ramifications of changing it because . . . reasons? Perhaps it's you that doesn't understand the disenfranchisement inherent within the EC.

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Want to know why they can't be like me?

It's because I see the truth.

No matter what happens, no matter what/who you vote for, the electorical college shall be the ones to pick. Remember, the electorical college is likely not at fault here, since they only vote right after a state is won by a particular party. Sure, hillary won the popular vote, but that doesn't mean shit really. Just because you had a staggering amount of votes, doesn't mean you won the election, it just means you don't know how this really works.

Trump won because he gained the most points by the electorical college. He won the big states, while hillary won alot of the small states. Also, remember the time when trump said that the election was rigged, and all of the democrats were calling him out on that? Now look! Every one that's a democrat's triggered. They hate the electorical college now. They used to love it before. Meh, who knows, maybe they're just salty.

Give them a few months, they'll snap out of it. Republicans gave obama shit before, and look at what happened. So...take it in for a few. See if the democrats can clean this up.
    They can't, at least in time for 2018. In a way they're just as caught in their demographics as the Republicans are. For as much shit as people give Republicans for relying on the Evangelical vote, the Southern vote, etc. the Democrats are just as much locked into the minority vote, the woman vote and the new comer the identity vote. They really can't make much of a 'big tent' effort like the Republicans tried because their base is so fixed, particular and insular that the people they ditched to build that base who are the working class, white and otherwise can't be brought into the ranks because they don't check off enough of the required viewpoint boxes to be accepted and promoted.

Literally the only way for them to expand their base at this point is importing votes via immigration, and with their status in Washington watch that stop real fast. They can't make an appeal to their oldschool allies the union workers because they no longer represent union values, they're all about white collar jobs and Wall Street. They are as entrenched as it can get and their political bench is empty, their incumbents are just as old as the Republican incumbents.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Not if we've got people arguing only big cities should have a say. (Diadetic.)
    He's not arguing that at all - what the hell are you talking about?

You forgot to discredit the 3 MILLION illegal votes that probably voted for Hillary. That doesn't even count the dead or fraudulent votes. Your worthless candidate lost, get over it.

https://twitter.com/JumpVote/status/...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

Quote Originally Posted by r3gul8r View Post
    You forgot to discredit the 3 MILLION illegal votes that probably voted for Hillary. That doesn't even count the dead or fraudulent votes. Your worthless candidate lost, get over it.

Hey look, he's got a tweet that says so! Must be true.

Quote Originally Posted by Matchles View Post
    And you have a snarky reply, without anything disproving it.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    He's not arguing that at all - what the hell are you talking about?
    Please go back a few pages and watch him argue middle America votes shouldn't have any power.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Want to know why they can't be like me?

It's because I see the truth.

No matter what happens, no matter what/who you vote for, the electorical college shall be the ones to pick. Remember, the electorical college is likely not at fault here, since they only vote right after a state is won by a particular party. Sure, hillary won the popular vote, but that doesn't mean shit really. Just because you had a staggering amount of votes, doesn't mean you won the election, it just means you don't know how this really works.

Trump won because he gained the most points by the electorical college. He won the big states, while hillary won alot of the small states. Also, remember the time when trump said that the election was rigged, and all of the democrats were calling him out on that? Now look! Every one that's a democrat's triggered. They hate the electorical college now. They used to love it before. Meh, who knows, maybe they're just salty.

Give them a few months, they'll snap out of it. Republicans gave obama shit before, and look at what happened. So...take it in for a few. See if the democrats can clean this up.
    Democrats have never liked the EC. No one with a reasonable mind who is even decent at math likes the EC. It's outdated, misrepresentative, and disenfranchises people.

Disprove something that didn't happen? How does that work? Here, let's give this a try, prove to me you've never sodomized a goat.

Holy shit! This is ironic.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

That's been all the evidence people needed that whites were out in force to harm gays and minorities.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Please go back a few pages and watch him argue middle America votes shouldn't have any power.
    Link me where he says that - please, go ahead. If you answer with "find it yourself" then we'll already know you were lying.

Because someone tweeted something, with absolutely zero references, it must obviously be true.

Why are people still talking about the popular vote? Popular vote is useless because a lot of people in non-swing states often don't even vote so we don't even have an idea of what the true vote would be if we didn't use the EC.

They're only "illegal" because Trump doesn't recognize women's suffrage.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    And is also a gross osbtruction of government. Not to mentiom the delays for appointing judges at all the lower courts. They have done nothing but obstruct obama at every turn helll they threatend the fiscal cliff ffs.
    I suspect their is literally no criteria you would accept as obstruction however.
    There is no such thing as "gross obstruction of government" in the US laws or Constitution. You literally made it up.
    And it is Congress' job to provide advice and CONSENT on Obama appointments. It is Congress' job to not let the President appoint liberal/progressive judges.

The "fiscal cliff" you accuse Congress of causing is not the great, damaging event that the media and Obama pretends it to be. Congress' job is to control the purse strings as a control on the President. Obama has been totally unwilling to compromise and them blames the Republicans for not giving him what he wants. Then he complains about government shutdowns costing billions because Congress won't let Obama borrow trillions.

Not sure what exactly you are complaining about tbh?
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

That's been all the evidence people needed that whites were out in force to harm gays and minorities.
    Have I said that? If not, why am I being asked to defend it?

Thought this was an old thread or something. The vote is over. Why is anyone still talking about it
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Have I said that? If not, why am I being asked to defend it?
    You're making a joke about tweets being evidence. Tweets have been used as proof for things you view&id as true as well. Are they a joke because the proof is a tweet?

I'm always curious when twitter actually counts as solid evidence.

probably voted for Hillary
    Even that Twitter "source" didn't say that. They refused to release any data until their analysis is complete one way or another.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Murder can be justified and to a certain extent I believe genocide can be justified aswell.