Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Unhappy I miss the days ....

…of handing out buffs (Mark, Fort, Int, etc..)
    …of calling out Saps, Sheeps, & Sleeps
    …when running dungeons were fun and meters didn’t matter
    …when Alliance and Horde would PVP each at the Gates of Orgrimmar & Stormwind
    …when you could spend your PVP currency on the gear you wanted
    …when healers could run out of mana and mana burn was a spell
    …when a legendary, was a legendary
    …being able to change your secondary stats
    …when glyphs were cool
    …when gear sets were the coolest thing along with the shoulders
    … when weapon enchants had various glow effects
    …when engineers made really cool things
    …of extracting motes from the air
    …of farming resistance gear for a particular boss
    …when people didn’t quit after a single failed boss attempt or even a fifth
    …of calling out, “You’re the BOMB, get out!!!”
    …with the extreme Pride you felt when completing Molten Core and Black wing layer
    …when all hunters had traps
    ...getting a season’s PVP set
    …getting a seasons PVE set
    …when I had my farm, mine, fishing pier, garden that I could farm for current content items
    (I need to make a comment on that last one…. Blizzard has us farm our little asses off for months, for the farm, the shipyard, the garrison, only to take it away, that’s BULLSHIT… I hope everyone know they plan on giving us NEW Artifact Weapons, which is a reset making us rinse and repeat an AP Grind. It really bothers me, to lose all the stuff I spend many hours/days/months, building and leveling.
    Yeah, Yeah – I still have my farm, shipyard, garrison, mine, garden, pier – however ….they produce junk now, making them all DEAD and useless.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dm10169 View Post
    …when glyphs were cool
    …with the extreme Pride you felt when completing Molten Core and Black wing layer
    …when I had my farm, mine, fishing pier, garden that I could farm for current content items
    (I need to make a comment on that last one…. Blizzard has us farm our little asses off for months, for the farm, the shipyard, the garrison, only to take it away, that’s BULLSHIT… I hope everyone know they plan on giving us NEW Artifact Weapons, which is a reset making us rinse and repeat an AP Grind. It really bothers me, to lose all the stuff I spend many hours/days/months, building and leveling.
    Yeah, Yeah – I still have my farm, shipyard, garrison, mine, garden, pier – however ….they produce junk now, making them all DEAD and useless.
    Just a small comment to the last thing: Garrisons were a broken system and it had to be "removed". Blizzard need to have the power to remove stuff from their game or else it would be a mess. They would never be able to make up for mistakes.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Some of those were fun, but I don't miss them. Fun at the time.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

I member the days of WoW feeling more like a true MMORPG. Sadly these kind of games are a dying breed, WoW had to change significally to remain somewhat relevant these days

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I member the days of WoW feeling more like a true MMORPG. Sadly these kind of games are a dying breed, WoW had to change significally to remain somewhat relevant these days
    I wonder if there is like a hidden gem game somewhere that has that feel in it, but we jsut havent heard of it

The nostalgia goggles are thick with this one!

Consider that maybe the possible reason you remember these things so fondly is because they had their time and you were part of it. They are given value because the game moved on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sähäri View Post
    I wonder if there is like a hidden gem game somewhere that has that feel in it, but we jsut havent heard of it
    There isn't. Every MMO which has tried to re-create nostalgia has bombed. And for good reason. Player expectations have evolved. The entire online environment in which that kind of game happened doesn't even exist anymore.

Nostalgia. Game was shit back then

-I miss the days of buying Ankhs to rez
    -I miss the days of leveling up proficiencies in other weapon classes by hitting hunter pets
    -I miss totem quests
    -I miss standing outside of Black Temple for 30 minutes preraid to duel all our warlocks and get them soulshards'
    -I miss lengthy attunement quests
    -I miss my class/spec not having legendaries
    -I miss bosses dropping 2 pieces of loot for 25 raiders
    -I miss having to beg for 10 different buffs midfight if anyone every died and was rezzed.
    -I miss having to wait for 10 seconds to dps due to tank aggro and bosses being taunt immune

Oh wait, i dont miss any of that shit

There were some things I loved in Vanilla and TBC.... but some things had to go.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    There isn't. Every MMO which has tried to re-create nostalgia has bombed. And for good reason. Player expectations have evolved. The entire online environment in which that kind of game happened doesn't even exist anymore.
    Some of those surely are nostalgia things.
    Im not talking about recreating nostalgia, altho i would love legacy servers.
    Im talking about mmo with some of those elements op mentioned.

Some of the things in your list were cool and it's a shame they have been taken out of the game but there's only one that I genuinely miss and that's:

When legendarys were legendary and felt legendary, all they have been for 3 expansions now are and endless quest grind or a RNG lottery, legendary system is worse now that's it's ever been in the entire history of wow...the only people who genuinely love it are the casual players who were lucky enough to loot a BiS one from LFR.

…when glyphs were cool
    I Miss the days.... things like this weren't threads

member when there werent so many mexicans?

I member...

INFRACTION
    Last edited by Saracens; 2016-11-22 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    I miss the days when people didn't miss the days...
    This. Times change, nostalgia aint so useful

Quote Originally Posted by Funky View Post

I member...
    sure, I member
    u member?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Quote Originally Posted by Funky View Post

I member...
    I member the days California was part of Spain and then Mexico. Was before mericans time mind you

More seriously and back on topic: I do feel some nostalgy about past versions of the game, but at the end of the day, it is really the people who played back then than I miss. Legion is fine (beside pvp ofc)

…of handing out buffs (Mark, Fort, Int, etc..) Why?
    …of calling out Saps, Sheeps, & Sleeps We still do that
    …when running dungeons were fun and meters didn’t matter When was that? Because we started using recount during UBRS
    …when Alliance and Horde would PVP each at the Gates of Orgrimmar & Stormwind You mean Southshore/Tarren Mill?
    …when you could spend your PVP currency on the gear you wanted You could grind honor and buy near-BiS for PVE, not really fair?
    …when a legendary, was a legendary Aren't they still a massive improvement to your gear
    …being able to change your secondary stats Kinda boring having to do a lot of processing to your gear before you can use it I think
    …when glyphs were cool What changed?
    …when gear sets were the coolest thing along with the shoulders Hm? Are you saying gear sets aren't the best looking anymore?
    … when weapon enchants had various glow effects They keep getting better looking though
    …when engineers made really cool things That's been on and off, I think
    …of extracting motes from the air Why?
    …of farming resistance gear for a particular boss Isn't it more fun to beat a boss who's hard because of tactics, and not because of gear check?
    …when all hunters had traps That exact example was used during Blizzcon, it's coming back
    ...getting a season’s PVP set Can't you still do that
    …getting a seasons PVE set Could you ever do that?

I miss those days too, because I was more into the game at that point. It was new, I was new to mmorpgs, I had the time to play, and I loved the lore. Not because the grind was harder or you had tons of useless skills, talents and items.
    Mother pus bucket!

Deleted
    I miss the days....
    ...when people enjoyed the game and didnt bitch about everyone and -thing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    hmmm, millions of people disagree with you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    It was not bad back then and when it was current. It would be bad for today's standards, though. The game has massively evolved.

I miss the days when people were not crying on forums over because they didn't get legendary by reason they are ¨raiders¨