Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    *shrugs*

And the morale of the story is, join a gui-... Oooh, it is you.. So, no guilds, got it.

And the morale of the story is, do your job in the dungeon and don't click anything that looks like a tank should click first. As well, asking questions helps too. Like, "what is the door for" etc. Though, you sunk to the very own level of the whole problem.

Note: Though, you do have a splash on your post of the feel, "too good to be true".
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xofa View Post
    I didn't knew a secret timer would start?! Nobody told me?!

We followed the tank and everything went fine until we meet The Curator. Actually, before the Curator, we had some troubles and on the adds. Another guy and I died and I thought to myself: 'I release and run fast back to the group to help out instead of staying dead and do nothing at all" and ohhh boy! What a mistake that was!
    Why do you rely on other people to tell you what to do as opposed to finding that stuff out yourself? With the attitude of "Imma wait here and let other people do the work for me" no one would get anywhere.

I wrote a long sentence and send it right back into his face being like: Ohh.. the druid died now? ARE YOU FUCKING RETARDED OR WTF?!?!! YOU DUMB FUCK!
    You are exactly what you're critizing. You're trivializing the use of words that you yourself condemn being used in this way:

people tend to throw away harsh words such as retard and idiot for not being 'skilled' and having 3x Blizzcon tournaments won in your bag pack ?! Like Jesus fucking christ man :O

Also this is kind of what you have to prepare for when trying to do things with random internet strangers. Anonymity makes some people on the internet act like that, I doubt this is the first time this came up.

If you want to avoid these kinds of groups/people, step 1 would be to stop acting like that yourself. Step 2 would be to not do those things with randoms, but find people you know you can play with.
    Last edited by mmoc625656238e; 2016-11-21 at 08:48 PM. Reason: a word

Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    Wow community is very unfriendly is because people no longer need other people for shit.

When you need other people to do group quest, form dungeon groups, reputation is important, so people fake being nice (even when they hate the human race) in order to be top pick for such activities.

Now you can pretty much solo your way and do LFD LFR and cross realm group raiding, there is no need to act nice anymore.

People didn't get more unfriendly, they just showing their true face a little more.
    This hits the nail on the head! LFD and LFR made finding groups exponentially easier and because of that people have shown there true colors so much.

Back in Vanilla and BC even if you did mess up people didnt want to kick you because no one wanted to go back to trade chat and find someone else.

WoW players in general have a hilariously delusional view of what their own time is worth, or should be worth to other people. It's why you see folks kick other players for no reason, ragequit after a wipe, so on and so forth.

Granted, for years, the game itself has actually promoted this sort of viewpoint, by adapting an 'everyone gets a prize' zero setback gameplay style. Find a guild you feel at home in, and the amount of times you'll run into such players will lessen dramatically.

Now lets analyze a bit.. I clearly stated before we even started I had no idea what was going on yet I get attacked.
    Here's my interpretation:

- You said you had no idea what was going on
    - The tank and healer, who of course have all the power in the group, were fine with that
    - One of the other two DPSers, the Boomkin, was NOT fine with that, but as DPS, he has zero power or ability to reject you if the tank and healer are fine with it
    - So, he flames you whenever you mess up due to having no idea what was going on

Simple.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fappy View Post
    At current gear levels being 300k above both other DPSers should be nearly impossible for Nightbane. If the other players were that bad you would end up with 10+ stacks of the skellyman debuff from phase 2 and the healer wouldn't be able to keep up come phase 3.
    Well not impossible if everyone else nuked only nightbane/skellyman, healer dispelled instantly for 5 adds each debuff and OP was AoEing them down alone.

Seems very discourteous to join a pug without doing a single second of research on how to do a Nightbane run. Not very friendly at all on your part, what makes your time so much more valuable than the other 4 people?

Quote Originally Posted by GutsAP View Post
    Seems very discourteous to join a pug without doing a single second of research on how to do a Nightbane run. Not very friendly at all on your part, what makes your time so much more valuable than the other 4 people?
    At what point are you supposed to pick up a strategy guide? I don't think you should have to read a guide to do a dungeon... the adventures guide that is built into the game however should be read.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've thought for a while now, that the people who are raiding and doing challenging content now, who have been playing for a long time probably should have stopped playing a while back. Rather than looking for the content to provide them with entertainment, they invent these "meta" gameplay elements to keep themselves interested. Instead of being encouraging, inclusive and supportive they've become militant, insular and aggressive to anyone who cannot or will not follow their style of play. Not that having people around you who think and feel the same way that you do is wrong, but the issue comes when newbie players or poor players want to do the content and they're instead shown the door by these players. Before, those players were approached with open arms--it didn't matter how long it took to teach them because every person was a long-term investment in the community of the game. That "baddie" rogue in your dungeon with no guild was a potential guild/raid player--if you took the time to be funny, or encouraging, or patient.

But moments like that have become so much rarer over the years. The audience has gotten older and less tolerant. And those new who join are oftentimes not as invested in the community because it has this perception of venomous, malicious players. I'm not sure how we can fix it, at this point.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    In my opinion, the WoW community has always been bad. People are just more connected now that social media and forums are more predominant than they've ever been which adds to the vocal range of those that are generally nasty people.

In terms of people that are older versus younger, almost all of my friends in WoW are younger than I am, often by far. I talk with some that are around my age, but they aren't as fun or immersive with the game on a general note. Between people that have been playing the game for longer periods of time, those that have played longer I generally tend to clash with (as I often point out flaws that are warranted with the backwards lens of nostalgia that tends to afflict most veteran players that I've come across). However, people that have played the game for less time, as in starting after cataclysm, I tend to get along with much better as we share RP advice, lore, and more of the wonder that is involved in discovery of such aspects of WoW that veteran players tend to lack more and more of these days. In the end, younger people and less grizzled players have been the marker for more meaningful friendships in WoW than other demographics in the game.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    Wow community is very unfriendly is because people no longer need other people for shit.

When you need other people to do group quest, form dungeon groups, reputation is important, so people fake being nice (even when they hate the human race) in order to be top pick for such activities.

Now you can pretty much solo your way and do LFD LFR and cross realm group raiding, there is no need to act nice anymore.

People didn't get more unfriendly, they just showing their true face a little more.
    Forced interaction does not make a community.
    Look at the spamming of trade we had to do for the dalaran daily heroic dungeon.
    Barely a word uttered through the entire dungeon if people had no reason to talk.
    There wasn't really a "need" to act nice for a long time, that that did not alone dictate the state of the community.

How you choose to act is what matters, if you think about other players only as what they can bring to you.
    Rather than what you can bring to them.

There is now less of a requirement now to ask in-game as the external resources have improved hugely, but I still think it is a cop-out if you can answer a question but don't try.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.