I had the same Problem with my guild, no matter how much you show them, they dont care.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Abb View Post
    On the other hand, its really easy to spec holy and run around spamming holy nova. Not exactly the best "shadow" solution but it probably works better than mind sear ever did.
    That really depends on the situation. Think about all the insects before the professor in ICC. Granted there aren't that many spots where it does feel (IMO) better to have MS than just spec Holy for it. On the other hand having MS would mean I'd have not to spend the time to respec twice.

So just a few quick questions as I am messing around with shadow.

What is your opening rotation. I was trying something like this.
    MB(~2 seconds)>SWP>VT>Fillers>MB> until I have to refresh SWP or reach 100 insanity, at which point, VoER> 1 Mind Flay VB>MB>FIller>VB>Filler>Filler.

My other question is, around how many stacks are you guys getting up to in VF not in STM?

Deleted
    Anybody noticed the new stat weights from H2P ...? Thoughts ?

TLDR New brake points after the new Drain Haste 9000-9500 then Crit 9000 then Mastery

https:// howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=9268

Quote Originally Posted by Dartmed View Post
    Anybody noticed the new stat weights from H2P ...? Thoughts ?

TLDR New brake points after the new Drain Haste 9000-9500 then Crit 9000 then Mastery

https:// howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=9268
    Yeah we made them

It's pretty frustrating when you can't find a Mythic +3/4/5/6 etc. group as a Shadow Priest, even if you have an ILVL of 860 or higher.

Deleted
    To be honest, I REALLY miss hfc cop+archi trinket playstyle... and even if so far it doesnt seem like it's going to happen, I really wish in the end 7.1.5 will bring back that (and a form of AOE since m+ is now a reality and if they dont let us be OP with S2M they cant just ignore the fact we have a lot of problems in m+).

I thought the dotweaving gameplay was very clunky, the main thing I miss from WoD was cascade. Man do I miss cascade, it was so great in pve and especially pvp. I would kill to get that back as a talent instead of shadow crash or on the same tier as shadow crash. It would really help with the burst-aoe too and make it give you say, 10 insanity per bounce?
    Last edited by Catbug; 2016-11-21 at 02:33 PM.

Deleted
    There was no need for dotweaving in hfc cop playstyle with archi trinket.

This is a little off topic but this should be our Meme Theme Song from now on

Now on topic. Is the reason that they are nerfing S2M and I suppose multi refreshing with Void Bolt due to clever use of Xavius mechanics?

really nice to see a breakpoint for crit now and being able to move 500 haste from old 10k BP to something more useful. thanks for all the work you guys do on our stats

They're nerfing S2M because it massively overperforms on every fight. Blizzard learned the hard way that you can't balance a mechanic by making it impossible to play to its highest potential because people will always figure out how to play it to its highest potential.

Essentially, S2M is a very interesting talent.. for some other kind of game. For a game like World of Warcraft, however, it's essentially impossible to balance.

The death aspect and high cost of failure necessitates that it be better than everything else, both for Shadow Priest talents and vs. any other class. A talent that makes a spec fundamentally better than any other spec, however, is completely incompatible with the way WoW is balanced.

So this is Blizzard making one last hurrah at doing the impossible, which won't work, and probably come the middle of 7.1.5 or 7.2 they'll nerf the thing completely, balance us around the other two talents, and we'll have a dead talent until 7.2.5 or (more likely) 8.0.

Surrender to Madness was ambitious, but somebody on the design team was clearly unprepared to kill their baby when it turned out to not be workable.

Quote Originally Posted by N1gh7h4wk View Post
    Yeah we made them
    Thanks for them, you guys have been a huge help to the community.

I have a question if you don't mind, though I think you read howtopriest more than you do here so hopefully you see this -

Any advice about gearing for LoTV? While I do raid, I also enjoy mythic+, so I'm curious if those breakpoints are good for LoTV as well. Reason I'm asking is because if it's still better to stack haste with LoTV, I could just stick with the previous breakpoint of 10k you guys released instead of having to regem/regear. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth-Piekus View Post
    This is a little off topic but this should be our Meme Theme Song from now on

Now on topic. Is the reason that they are nerfing S2M and I suppose multi refreshing with Void Bolt due to clever use of Xavius mechanics?
    They are nerfing StM because combined with Mass Hysteria it makes Shadow Priests the single best scaling spec in the game that is already taking the #1 spot on dps at the half way point of the first tier, even without Xavius mechanics.

Shadow Priests have the #1 spot on damage done in EN on every single boss except Elerethe (where the first SP is 4th)
    And being the best scaling spec in the game that will only get worse with every single ilvl added.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    It's pretty frustrating when you can't find a Mythic +3/4/5/6 etc. group as a Shadow Priest, even if you have an ILVL of 860 or higher.
    874 here, was getting declined from Mythic+0 groups last week that were only asking for 830/840 or no item level requirement at all, at some point you just laugh at how dumb people are

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    They are nerfing StM because combined with Mass Hysteria it makes Shadow Priests the single best scaling spec in the game that is already taking the #1 spot on dps at the half way point of the first tier, even without Xavius mechanics.

Shadow Priests have the #1 spot on damage done in EN on every single boss except Elerethe (where the first SP is 4th)
    And being the best scaling spec in the game that will only get worse with every single ilvl added.
    Also the main problem with Elerethe is that you need 3 platforms to get her down on progression/mythic - and the transition is too long to survive during Surrender 2 Madness - so you can't actually S2M until the third platform, which is too short to really get full S2M benefit.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

7+ Year Old Account
    Anyone been playing ptr? I'm loving this new less spammy version. Still missing that refresher big time tho.
    Also depending on my timing I can put my dots on up to 3 targets and keep them up for 2 Void Forms straight without having to re dot any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by RsinRC View Post
    Anyone been playing ptr? I'm loving this new less spammy version. Still missing that refresher big time tho.
    Also depending on my timing I can put my dots on up to 3 targets and keep them up for 2 Void Forms straight without having to re dot any of them.
    I absolutely agree, the doom and gloom for the new dot refreshing mechanic was pretty misguided IMO.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arachnofiend View Post
    I absolutely agree, the doom and gloom for the new dot refreshing mechanic was pretty misguided IMO.
    Yea and lingering insanity's playstyle is smooth. You don't feel sudden drops at all like you do now with LI as a passive with Void Lord. I'm glad they made it that way been asking for it since beta, not as a talent tho

Would be a nice buff for the new Lingering Insanity talent to also add 5 extra stacks to your current stacks of VF when you enter VF.

That would probably make it ridiculously better than any other option on that row.

Now, for Legacy of the Void? Yeah, that could be a good addition there.