Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    1. Eh...
    2. CCs have not disappeared
    3. Dungeons are still fun and meters always mattered. Only people who auto attack and occasionally hit a spell think that meters don't matter.
    4. Make a group for it. There are still people out there that like raiding cities.
    5. PVP currency is still around and you can still buy whatever you want.
    6. Try heroic/mythic raids and mythic dungeons. If you stick with heroic dungeons and lfr/normal, of course you will never run out of mana.
    7. I agree with this point. In this expansion only, legendaries are not that special anymore.
    8. I do miss reforging so I will give ya that point.
    9. Glyphs have been reworked but there are still some cool ones.
    10. This is why transmogrification was introduced. Not everyone will agree with the current gear styles so that is why people have the options to transmogrify certain pieces of gear with old armor.
    11. There is a transmogrification option to change the effect that is applied onto your weapons to compensate for this.
    12. Engineers still make cool things. The Reaves bot for example is quite cool.
    13. I don't know what to say to that one... I never thought that getting motes of air from clouds was really that exciting...
    14. Interesting stat and I guess I could see why that might have been considered fun?
    15. This has been the LFG mindset for a VERY LONG time. Start doing guild runs or runs with people you know won't bail.
    16. Almost all bosses have some sort player inflicted effect that forces X player to run out of the group... I am not sure if this is a complaint that you cant yell "You're the bomb, get out" or if you want to see more player inflicted effects?
    17. I am sorry that completing the LFR version of a raid does not give you extreme pride. I know for a fact that based on the player that you may be normal/heroic/mythic can give you the same feeling that you might have felt before. You just have to actually give an effort and find a group.
    18. Hunters still have traps in survival spec. Granted, survival spec is essentially a joke but still.... Hunters technically do have traps.
    19. PVP sets have not been removed.
    20. PVE sets have not been removed.
    21. Play wow and on a separate monitor, play stardewvalley or farmville.
    I realize that someone on a previous page may have said the exact same things for some of the points but I thought I would add onto it.
    Last edited by Clatratus; 2016-11-22 at 12:53 AM.

I don't miss very much, I've only been playing from WoD, I can't say I miss anything, other than maining my Shadow Priest, but I'm happy with my Demon Hunter now, so it's all good, I am still happy and like what is to come!

-=Member of the Champions of the Sunwell=-

Having played through all of that I have to save I do not miss any of that crap

Don't eat the memberries!

Quote Originally Posted by CataclismicSunrise View Post
    I misss...
    Now this is a MUCH better list of things to miss, jesus christ.

Ammunition for ranged weapons.
    A very very cool thing to have in the game. Hunters especially in early expansions had a lot of soul. I miss that a lot. It was a pain, but it was a very RPG thing to have.

Ranged weapons for warriors/rogues
    Eh, they were essentially stat sticks, but again there was an RPG element to be had. From a gear perspective, I don't miss them. But caring about a ranged weapon as a melee spec was pretty cool for sure.

Eyes of the beast.
    I don't miss this ability, never used it or cared about it, but I will take this specific example in a more general sense and say that I miss flavor abilities like that. I feel like Dark Sim is a great example. The game lost something great when they removed it from PVE.
    Eyes of the Beast never had an impact though. I miss abilities that had a use and were very unique.

Reagents - ESPECIALLY soul shards.
    BOOM. #1 thing I miss from Classic to Wrath was reagents and buffing. Felt very much like an RPG element, but as the game became more competitive, its a no brainer to remove them. There was never a real need for them to be in, other than "RPG" but especially soul shards for summoning - very cool.

The glyph UI
    What's special about the UI? I don't feel like it was anything to miss. The glyph system was not very well done if you ask me, but I wrote about this in a reply to the OP.

A lower level cap.
    Well unfortunately this is the one thing that screams nostalgia. I know you genuinely miss the older versions of the game, but there is no reason to miss a lower level cap. You can miss the things associated with it, but the number is irrelevant.
    What other alternative was there? That's the big issue. You are basically saying you wanted the game to never progress, and that is as "rose tinted glasses" as it gets for me. I just want to be able to play all versions of the game. Its obviously not feasible for the level cap to remain 60 for 12 years.

The keyring.
    Keys were cool to some degree, but really wholly useless. Every door that had a key could just be opened by some one you didn't know. Or worse, you could get feared through doodads lol!

Attunements
    Here is another huge "nostalgia" topic, and the ultimate "you think you do but you don't" one. Attunments didn't work. They were simply a pain for any raiding guild and weren't a fun way to mandate content.
    The current system works MUCH better. You can do an amazing storyline at your own pace which is mandatory for understanding the lore, but not for actually playing the video game the way you want to. You shouldn't be FORCED to do something to be able to enter a dungeon or a raid. Its retarded. All that does is stop people from seeing the raid, or forces guilds to carry new players or alts through dungeons they don't need in order to get attuned.
    And they brought it back for Kara and the Suramar dungeons.
    Luckily not for the raid.

I don't think anyone who says they are missing attunements is thinking objectively. I miss a lot of design of Classic, but you can tell even Blizzard didn't enjoy Attunements as they were phased out towards the end of TBC and into Wrath.

Chris Metzen
    That's one I don't understand. Everything in the game currently he designed. He only JUST retired you know?
    What's there to miss? He did WAYYYYY too many voices if you ask me. He may be sorely missed in the FUTURE, but as of now, him leaving has had no impact on the game as it is.

Multi-zone quests
    I did not find questing in Classic very engaging, and multi-zone quests was a big reason why. Having to fly from hub to hub for no reason other than for some mediocre experience was poor design. These quests were usually a waste of time while leveling up. They make sense at max level, and there are many quests in the game over the years that embrace that. But while leveling, especially in Classic, these quests were a waste of time. It was faster to stay in your current zone and grind mobs than it was to fly all around for that single quest.

Class and professions quests
    They are back in Legion and are glorious if you ask me! Way better than anything in the game previously. I can't remember many profession quests tbh.
    Class quests like for Paladin and Lock mounts were amazing though, and starting with the Green Fire and moving into Artifacts, Order halls and now the new spec challenge for a special artifact skin, we have really been blessed with class content. Identifying as a Paladin is my favorite element of an RPG like WoW, even now when so much else has been stripped from us.

When gold had actual value
    I agree with a lot of what you are saying, but this is a pretty embarrassing thing to bring up. Gold ALWAYS has a value man. It makes no sense to say otherwise. Did you mean to say, it was harder to have a lot of gold? It took a lot more effort to have a lot of gold in earlier expansions, but it did not change the meaning or value of it. Look at legion - 20 of a 30 second consumable is selling for fucking 1k gold up until recently. That really puts the value on gold. Not everyone can afford having enough potions for progression.
    Sadly, a truly nostalgia driven and baseless comment. A shame too, a lot of the other ones were really good.

These are little flavour aspects of the game that I genuinely loved. I can still experience some of these things on private servers and I still love them. World of Warcraft was my perfect RPG.
    Yes me too. This is the main reason I love going back to private servers. The game was so different. It was horribly balanced and had little QoL or tech, but it was a real RPG. Everything was slowpaced and our characters felt like DND characters instead of a main character in the universe.
    These things don't bother me because I play the game competitively and don't have time to worry about RP stuff either way, but I agree the FEEL of the game is lacking if you aren't some one who cares about the actual content.

I did not play for the raids or the social interactions, I played WoW because I had fun with it.
    I'm glad you had fun without those things, but I have to remind you they have always been the focus. The RPG elements are one thing, but the social interactions are what this game is all about. None of the other things we describe are half as important as strong lasting interactions that turn into life long friendships, especially through raiding.
    This has always been the focus as well, so if you aren't interested in group based PVE this is the wrong game for you.
    That makes it sound like you want to play Skyrim instead of WoW.

Instead of the slow and plodding RPG experience I want in a video game I get what is basically a rail shooter.
    Literally everything is at least 10x faster in the game now, but its what they always wanted. You can tell just by looking at Classic compared to TBC compared to Wrath. The game sped up exponentially in just those 5 years, yet people call it the best time for WoW. It should be no surprise we have come to this, it was always building towards it, just moving gradually.
    I for one appreciate the expedited timeframe. I don't think anyone could raid for 9 years as I have if the raids all had no mechanics and took 8 hours to clear 8 bosses ya know?
    Speeding up things that people have done for years is the only way to keep the game moving forward and as long as they keep adding competitive content like M+ and raids, I will always be satisfied.

I am a very competitive person. I always have been. It pains me to fail, especially in WoW and it drives me to raid every week. Along these lines, I have made friendships that will last for ever.
    But there is something deep down that makes me want to give it all up and live the slow life of Classic permanently again. I know I'd get bored after a few months so I don't do it, but secretly I think if the live game just was deleted I could find myself perfectly happy with the slow RPG feel back again.

Oh well, was fun considering these things!
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dm10169 View Post
    …of handing out buffs (Mark, Fort, Int, etc..)
    …of calling out Saps, Sheeps, & Sleeps
    …when running dungeons were fun and meters didn’t matter
    …when Alliance and Horde would PVP each at the Gates of Orgrimmar & Stormwind
    …when you could spend your PVP currency on the gear you wanted
    …when healers could run out of mana and mana burn was a spell
    …when a legendary, was a legendary
    …being able to change your secondary stats
    …when glyphs were cool
    …when gear sets were the coolest thing along with the shoulders
    … when weapon enchants had various glow effects
    …when engineers made really cool things
    …of extracting motes from the air
    …of farming resistance gear for a particular boss
    …when people didn’t quit after a single failed boss attempt or even a fifth
    …of calling out, “You’re the BOMB, get out!!!”
    …with the extreme Pride you felt when completing Molten Core and Black wing layer
    …when all hunters had traps
    ...getting a season’s PVP set
    …getting a seasons PVE set
    …when I had my farm, mine, fishing pier, garden that I could farm for current content items
    (I need to make a comment on that last one…. Blizzard has us farm our little asses off for months, for the farm, the shipyard, the garrison, only to take it away, that’s BULLSHIT… I hope everyone know they plan on giving us NEW Artifact Weapons, which is a reset making us rinse and repeat an AP Grind. It really bothers me, to lose all the stuff I spend many hours/days/months, building and leveling.
    Yeah, Yeah – I still have my farm, shipyard, garrison, mine, garden, pier – however ….they produce junk now, making them all DEAD and useless.
    If you remove the Nostalgia from it, a lot of those things aren't as amazing as you will have remembered.

…being able to change your secondary stats
    …when glyphs were cool
    …when gear sets were the coolest thing along with the shoulders
    … when weapon enchants had various glow effects
    …of extracting motes from the air
    …of calling out, “You’re the BOMB, get out!!!”
    …with the extreme Pride you felt when completing Molten Core and Black wing layer
    …when all hunters had traps
    ...getting a season’s PVP set
    …getting a seasons PVE set
    …when I had my farm, mine, fishing pier, garden that I could farm for current content items
    (I need to make a comment on that last one…. Blizzard has us farm our little asses off for months, for the farm, the shipyard, the garrison, only to take it away, that’s BULLSHIT… I hope everyone know they plan on giving us NEW Artifact Weapons, which is a reset making us rinse and repeat an AP Grind. It really bothers me, to lose all the stuff I spend many hours/days/months, building and leveling.
    Yeah, Yeah – I still have my farm, shipyard, garrison, mine, garden, pier – however ….they produce junk now, making them all DEAD and useless.
    For nearly everything you stated I am sure there are plenty of people that don't miss it. Take me for example I miss absolutely nothing about garrisons and anything to do with them and am glad it was left behind.

I miss the days when MMO-C wasn't full of special snowflakes pretending their rose-tinted exaggerations of the past mean something to anybody other than themselves.

...so, uh, I guess I just miss a day that hasn't ever happened.

My guild mates and I had loads of fun in dungeons all weekend. Sorry if you're missing out. M+10 is absolutely as challenging as anything that required CC in the past. You can play them fast to beat the timer, but at the end of the week take it slow to carry some guildies and boost their order hall chests.

I suspect PvP will benefit from the current system in the long run. Plenty of players like me learning enough of the talents through WQs to feel less useless when they do dabble in arena or BGs. We will still get owned by you pros, but at least your queues will be more full.

I forget some of the other points you made, but overall I think this is the best WoW has ever been (started playing in WoLK).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Themanintobuildafire View Post
    Only thing I truly miss outside of wow being shiny and new is the community aspect. The community is shit now.
    My guild has great community. We hang out in Discord and do stuff with each other all the time. I also have some good friends in a couple other guilds I tank for sometimes. The game is what you make of it. Want community? Join a guild and help create it!

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Nostalgia. Game was shit back then
    That explains thousands of people playing and enjoying vanilla wow servers
    I wish people would quit this nostalgia bullshit. Tens of thousands have proven that this argument is invalid. Thousands of people that left retail to play other expansions. Im playing wotlk right now and im So happy that this game is actually challenging while playing normally (even while leveling), its not streamlined and there are other stats than ilvls. The community is great, no lfr and xrealm bullshit. Thank you.
    Last edited by Radeghost; 2016-11-22 at 06:26 AM.

Yeah this is kinda shitty now that most classes don't have buffs. Buffs are very cool, lore-wise. They add immersion.
    Assuming you mean in dungeons? I don't miss it.
    First part is subjective, second part is untrue. Maybe they didn't matter at level 15. They still don't matter at level 15. Knock yourself out.
    Emerald Dream US is the designated World PvP server. They raid each other's cities all the time.
    I miss this. PvP RNG gearing is disgusting.
    Yeah, resource management added depth to the game and I'm saddened they took it away. Just another casualization step they felt needed to happen.
    When you would spend months on a time-consuming, boring questline that took almost 0 skill? Or when you would get lucky and see one because of the RNG Gods?
    …when glyphs were cool
    Glyphs are cooler now than they ever were. We just need more of them.
    They made some cool things in Vanilla. Never after that.
    Oh please. This wasn't fun, how heavy is your nostalgia?
    There's this thing called a guild. Try joining one.
    Now I regret making this post and feel like I'm responding to a bait post.
    Last edited by High Marshal Sigismund; 2016-11-22 at 06:32 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    …of handing out buffs (Mark, Fort, Int, etc..)was annoying and pointless
    …of calling out Saps, Sheeps, & Sleeps uhhh... never done M+ higher levels?
    …when running dungeons were fun and meters didn’t matter wut?
    …when Alliance and Horde would PVP each at the Gates of Orgrimmar & Stormwind wut?
    …when you could spend your PVP currency on the gear you wantedgood point
    …when healers could run out of mana and mana burn was a spell uhh.. healers run out of mana all the time... but manaburn was a stupid spell
    …when a legendary, was a legendary yeah but it was annoying, cause in a guild the guild leads friend was the only one who got em
    …being able to change your secondary stats ehhhh... you still can... its called choose gear
    …when glyphs were cool wut? they were bassicly talents 2.0, super cookie cutter, now they are nothing but cool, as they are cosmetic
    …when gear sets were the coolest thing along with the shoulders wut? the...they still are?
    … when weapon enchants had various glow effects uhh... what? they still do... they all do...
    …when engineers made really cool things t...they still sorta do.. .i do miss some things sadly... like gliders in dungeons
    …of extracting motes from the airwhat the fuck? no that was annoying
    …of farming resistance gear for a particular bossagain fucking annoying
    …when people didn’t quit after a single failed boss attempt or even a fifthlol no... people did quit, but just it took much longer, because finding a group took much longer, meaning once you found a group, you would spend alot more time in it, not wanting to go all the way to find another
    …of calling out, “You’re the BOMB, get out!!!” uhh... you mean like people STILL do on bosses? boss mechanics havent disappeared
    …with the extreme Pride you felt when completing Molten Core and Black wing layer yeah, beating mythic raid still gives that feeling
    …when all hunters had traps i guess someone doesent read notes... all hunters are getting traps back
    ...getting a season’s PVP set wut? y...you ...you still can
    …getting a seasons PVE setWut? a..again you still can... wtf
    …when I had my farm, mine, fishing pier, garden that I could farm for current content itemsomfg you missed the garrison... and claim to be a hardcore vanilla raider... fuck off man and yes you could farm but it wasent months to get it... i got 11 chars to max in their garrisons, and was making tons of gold

wow... its rare to see so much horribleness in one thread post
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I miss the days when group of long-time raided together people was not divided on lucky-on-Bis-legendary lords of the meters and unlucky prydaz selfheal peasants. Even luckiest of them all realise that, in the end, the previous legendary required dedication, not just a bullshit system that tells you that wasting more time increases your chances on some phantom "BAD LUCK PROTECTION" system.
    My wasted time is my right to get legendary, not some korean RPG shit mechanic and lies.
    I know that back in a day I might complain on something else, but legion is all-round barrel of honey with a spoon with ginger shit in it. L E G E N D A R Y shit.
    (1.5/2 BiS legendaries carrier)
    Last edited by Minoan; 2016-11-22 at 06:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    It forces you to double tap. that's it. It's a great change.
    Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    It's just so you can say you tapped something twice that day.

Man, people sure played the nostalgia card early. This automatically means that your thoughts and feelings are invalid :P

My nostalgia is pretty bad right now, I miss the days of the private server that must not be named where all these things still existed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    It was not bad back then and when it was current. It would be bad for today's standards, though. The game has massively evolved.
    This. I'm honestly glad blizzard has kept up with the times in terms of WoW. It was a fantastic game for its time and it is still a fantastic game today only because they know how to adapt well.

For some reason it seems to be that people believe Vanilla WoW was literally perfect and had no flaws while current WoW is the opposite. Completely incorrect. Both are very good and both have their issues.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    No you can't get unique PvP set in legion, these are basic re colors like in the bad days of TBC seasons. It is one of the worst decisions made by Blizzard. When DKs came out they have received their own pvp themed sets. Now Demon Hunters have limited access to appearances.

And in general separate looking PvP sets were cool, unique. What is happening now is bad, really bad. BRING BAD PVP GEAR!

Deleted
    I'm always facepalming when people say the game is better now for only one and the same reason everytime: convenience and easier UI system/ tag system (lfr,lfg)

I mean if you only think that WoW is better now because daily things don't require effort (like those ankhs, buying arrows, forming groups) then I don't know what to say. The game now is "polished" but a polish turd remains a turd. At least before there was still some illusion of community and immersion. Now its a giant fastfood where even legendaries are thrown at you randomly so people can brush their ego constantly.
    Last edited by mmocc90fcf6aa1; 2016-11-22 at 07:31 AM.

I miss days when hunters can't shoot up to 8yrd

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    I Miss the days.... things like this weren't threads
    This, go play on some private server or whatever, don't whine on MMO-C about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Yea what an horrible opinion.