Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Docturphil View Post
    To suggest that Trump is the next Hitler is absurd. It's simply hysterical nonsense.
    I didn't see anyone suggest this, merely that his propaganda and rhetoric were frighteningly identical for him to get elected. But I guess it's the only way to reject someone's claims that Trump used frighteningly similar rhetoric to Hitler, to just claim that the person said something they didn't actually say. Like you know, that they believe he will go on to be Hitler 2.0. So it's a way of dismissing something so you don't have to actually address the fat that Trump is using plays straight out of hitler's playbook from before the whole genocide part.

For one thing, there's the intense scrutiny that Trump is under because of our media, freedom of speech, and the huge amount of people that are concerned about his presidency. That alone would prevent him from ever doing anything anywhere near what Hitler did.
    Hitler also received tons of media backlash, and before his rise to power, he was actually banned from participating in politics for awhile. He faced intense push-back for his views. But he was elected in light of the German economic crash and mass influx of immigrants, using the fear of the latter to gain support, and securing much more support by claiming that the immigrants were mooching welfare off the hard working German people.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    wouldn't accept the results of the election if he didn't win
    That was something he said. I don't think he even meant it literally. That was not something he did and it wasn't something he could have done. He's made a lot of claims that didn't happen or won't happen. This is a completely irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    wanted to imprison his political opponent
    Also completely irrelevant. He was trying to assert that Clinton should be imprisoned. He was merely verbally bashing a political opponent. Sounds like the same thing every other politician does. And again, he didn't actually do this nor is he going to.

Trump has talked a lot of shit so far and hasn't done much to back it up. Hitler talked a lot less shit and actually took action.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the comparison is just laughable. Even if Trump wanted to be the next Hitler, he couldn't do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    That was something he said. I don't think he even meant it literally. That was not something he did and it wasn't something he could have done. He's made a lot of claims that didn't happen or won't happen. This is a completely irrelevant.
    ...because he won. Of course it's a what if but you're insane if you don't think he would have taken to twitter and riled up his alt right mongs into a "rigged!" frenzy. He outright said he would only accept the results "if I win"

10+ Year Old Account

Also completely irrelevant. He was trying to assert that Clinton should be imprisoned. He was merely verbally bashing a political opponent. Sounds like the same thing every other politician does. And again, he didn't actually do this nor is he going to.

Trump has talked a lot of shit so far and hasn't done much to back it up. Hitler talked a lot less shit and actually took action.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the comparison is just laughable. Even if Trump wanted to be the next Hitler, he couldn't do it.
    Hitler had talked a lot of shit before he became Chancellor too. His action came later.

You're assuming there's a lot of things he can't do, which is what everyone does until people do those things.

And "Sounds like the same thing every other politician does." No. This is not what every other politician does. This is different.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

I don't see how that's a bad thing.

We're talking about a man who has no record, all there is to go on is his word. We also know that people who keep close to him have supported or do support groups that would LOVE to have another Nazi party again or worse.

We're also talking about a man who has flip-flopped so much during the campaign and throughout his life that no one knows what the fuck he stands for. And frankly that not only scares people but gives them cause to fear the worst. And considering what history has taught us about potential outcomes no one has the luxury of a "wait and see" approach.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    I didn't see anyone suggest this, merely that his propaganda and rhetoric were frighteningly identical for him to get elected.
    How is that not suggesting that he could be the next Hitler? Do we have conflicting definitions of the word "suggest"? What I mean is that by saying that some of his tactics and policies are frighteningly similar to Hitler's, you are suggesting that he could be the world's next super villain. What else would those posters be suggesting? That he's going to be a great president?

But he was elected in light of the German economic crash and mass influx of immigrants, using the fear of the latter to gain support, and securing much more support by claiming that the immigrants were mooching welfare off the hard working German people.
    Yes, I referenced the whole great depression thing in my last post. We aren't in that scenario in our country right now. Therefore even if Trump was a "Hitler" type, the country is not in the right conditions for such a thing to happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    ...because he won. Of course it's a what if but you're insane if you don't think he would have taken to twitter and riled up his alt right mongs into a "rigged!" frenzy. He outright said he would only accept the results "if I win"
    Oh, please God no... Dear God... not more obnoxious Trump Twitter comments... Jesus Christ, you're right. We're all doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    A) The response was to someone who said "Let's see how this works out and copy it in Europe if the results are positive." Europe has seen this kind of thing happen before. The results weren't very positive.

B) If we wait until the Death Camps are set up...it's already too late.
    Drama queening at its finest. I need to find that meme that says "Everything I dont agree with is Hitler."

Your extreme reach to equate a Muslim Registry with the mass murder of Jews by Hitler is either caused by an extreme lack of education or the rampant "sky is falling, its going to be hell in a handbasket" whining from the liberal left after Trump won.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baelic View Post
    We're talking about a man who has no record, all there is to go on is his word. We also know that people who keep close to him have supported or do support groups that would LOVE to have another Nazi party again or worse.

We're also talking about a man who has flip-flopped so much during the campaign and throughout his life that no one knows what the fuck he stands for. And frankly that not only scares people but gives them cause to fear the worst. And considering what history has taught us about potential outcomes no one has the luxury of a "wait and see" approach.
    Another, "Anything I dont agree with is Hitler" post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I feel bad for all those 'protesters' at the Trump rally, it's like the real life equivalent of making a 40 man raid in WoW and not having the boss spawn, thereby denying them a chance at looting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That's a nonsense argument that ignores what words mean.

To suggest that Trump is the next Hitler is absurd. It's simply hysterical nonsense.

For one thing, there's the intense scrutiny that Trump is under because of our media, freedom of speech, and the huge amount of people that are concerned about his presidency. That alone would prevent him from ever doing anything anywhere near what Hitler did.

There's also the fact that our country is not recovering from the great depression. People are not desperate like they were in Germany in the 1930s. Hitler probably would have never rose to power had the country not been so desperate. Non-drastic times do not call for drastic measures.

Trump's "racist comments" are compliments compared to Hitler's virulent antisemitism. It's laughable to compare the two.

Hitler used violence as a means to rise to power. Trump used the electoral college.
    As I mentioned earlier, certain peoples education is severely lacking. He tried violence, failed and was jailed for it. To rise to power later, he got into politics and did everything the legal way. Now you are educated.

Also it's funny how you claim Trump can't accomplish what Hitler did, when Trump supporters are atleast equally fanatical as Hitlers so far. How many times have you seen Trump supporter admit a single flaw? None? Yeah, none. Closest has been ravings about "hilldog".

The only thing missing is Trump asking his followers to pledge their allegiance to him, instead of the country. Oh, actually he did already say that at one of his rallies. To pledge allegiance to him. Nevermind, got that down too.

Last point: If people don't want their God Messiah Emperor Trump compared to Hitler, then maybe ask him to stop acting like Hitler on each turn.
    Last edited by Azadina; 2016-11-21 at 11:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    As I mentioned earlier, certain peoples education is severely lacking. He tried violence, failed and was jailed for it. To rise to power later, he got into politics and did everything the legal way. Now you are educated.

Also it's funny how you claim Trump can't accomplish what Hitler did, when Trump supporters are atleast equally fanatical as Hitlers so far. How many times have you seen Trump supporter admit a single flaw? None? Yeah, none. Closest has been ravings about "hilldog".

The only thing missing is Trump asking his followers to pledge their allegiance to him, instead of the country. Oh, actually he did already say that at one of his rallies. To pledge allegiance to him. Nevermind, got that down too.

Last point: If people don't want their God Messiah Emperor Trump compared to Hitler, then maybe ask him to stop acting like Hitler on each turn.
    The only thing "missing" is your good sense in comparing the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I feel bad for all those 'protesters' at the Trump rally, it's like the real life equivalent of making a 40 man raid in WoW and not having the boss spawn, thereby denying them a chance at looting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That's a nonsense argument that ignores what words mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Hif View Post
    http://www.reuters.com/article/us-us...-idUSKBN13B05C

So it seems now we are entering the days of a fascist regime. Registering people just based on their faith. Welcome to the land of the free.

Lets make America GReAt again!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Luxxor View Post
    The only thing "missing" is your good sense in comparing the two.
    Actually the only thing missing was one fanatic for an example, which you just provided.

Soo this happened.

Off chance he isn't a Nazi but is widely supported by white nationalists and he seems to like sticking them in his White House.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

Drama queening at its finest. I need to find that meme that says "Everything I dont agree with is Hitler."

Your extreme reach to equate a Muslim Registry with the mass murder of Jews by Hitler is either caused by an extreme lack of education or the rampant "sky is falling, its going to be hell in a handbasket" whining from the liberal left after Trump won.
    Well, obviously nobody is Hitler but Hitler...but there is certainly a "Hitler-esque" comparison to make between the Jewish armbands and this Muslim Registry.
    and, for the record, you brought up the Death Camps, not me. I was just talking about armbands.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post

Yes, he tried violence to rise to power. Trump did not. Trump has never been known to be violent. That's my point. So you can drop your condescending attitude.

I've seen plenty of Trump supporters admit many of his flaws. I would bet at least half of the people who voted for him did so reluctantly. That's at least the case for everyone I know who voted for him. I have no idea where these "fanatical" Trump supporters are. I personally have met none. I mean I'm sure they exist, but they're probably pretty rare.

He's not acting like Hitler. If you want to continue with your hysterical foolishness then be my guest. But I'm not going to buy into the whole "Trump is basically Hitler so far" nonsense. It's complete horse shit.

Yes, he tried violence to rise to power. Trump did not. Trump has never been known to be violent. That's my point. So you can drop your condescending attitude.

I've seen plenty of Trump supporters admit many of his flaws. I would bet at least half of the people who voted for him did so reluctantly. That's at least the case for everyone I know who voted for him. I have no idea where these "fanatical" Trump supporters are. I personally have met none. I mean I'm sure they exist, but they're probably pretty rare.

He's not acting like Hitler. If you want to continue with your hysterical foolishness then be my guest. But I'm not going to buy into the whole "Trump is basically Hitler so far" nonsense. It's complete horse shit.
    This forum is full of them for one thing. Why do you think alt-right is a thing now? Because far right wasn't radical and fanatical enough for alot of people, so they made their own sub section of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've seen plenty of Trump supporters admit many of his flaws.
    Roooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooofl

Yeah, right. He's been fanatically defended at every turn. A lot flat out deny most of the shit Trump does, others argue that it isn't that bad, some flat out claim his scams and crimes are a good thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anevers View Post
    Soo this happened.

Off chance he isn't a Nazi but is widely supported by white nationalists and he seems to like sticking them in his White House.
    ROFLMAO

This isn't really helping the "we're not nazis" claims.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Yeah, right. He's been fanatically defended at every turn. A lot flat out deny most of the shit Trump does, others argue that it isn't that bad, some flat out claim his scams and crimes are a good thing.
    Actually, I know of two who do point out his flaws and think that he's not the perfect candidate. However, they found Hillary's flaws to be more cause for concern to them.

You do realize that dismissing every argument you don't agree with as this is anti-intellectual, right? I don't think Trump is Hitler, that direct comparison can never be made. However! One can most certainly look to history to discover a growing trend of parallels to what happened during the Nazi era. That is all I have done.
    Last edited by Baelic; 2016-11-22 at 01:12 AM.

- - - Updated - - -

ROFLMAO

This isn't really helping the "we're not nazis" claims.
    Get a bunch of alt right people together and the next thign you know they're doing salutes.... look it's not about racism just white men are the ultimate victims of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Get a bunch of alt right people together and the next thign you know they're doing salutes.... look it's not about racism just white men are the ultimate victims of the world.
    This is why they want a “peaceful ethnic cleansing.”
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.