Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    I'd love it if there were more mounts that could walk on water like the strider. There are already a bunch of mounts that would make sense to be able to do it.

Head of Mimiron (for the bastards that have it)
    Lorewalkers Disk thing
    Flying Carpets
    Engineering Copters

Which mounts would you like to have a built in water walking ability?
    those mounts hover. they dont work on water unless you've got power!
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

The Kosumoth mount should at least not dismount you when you're at the surface. Most annoying thing ever.

In areas where you can fly, the Geosynchronous World Spinner travels at 310% while partially submerged in water.

Notable only for looking kinda cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    The Kosumoth mount should at least not dismount you when you're at the surface. Most annoying thing ever.
    Oh my god yes. Never has so cool a mount been so underwhelmingly useless.

Though maybe it'd be cooler in Vashj'ir, haven't tried it there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mekgineer's Chopper

Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    Forget water walking. Striders already have that built in.

All flying mounts should have a built in slow fall glider mechanic.
    The problem is at this point people are tired of only using those mounts. We'd like to use more than 1-2 mounts in the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Oh my god yes. Never has so cool a mount been so underwhelmingly useless.

Though maybe it'd be cooler in Vashj'ir, haven't tried it there.
    Doubt it. The seahorse you get from questing there is as fast as a flying mount (+280%), iirc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The corehounds, cause they're so hot the water underneath them will instantly turn to steam and keep them effectively floating like a hovercraft.
    In that case you should suffer lava damage from riding them. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'd love it if there were more mounts that could walk on water like the strider. There are already a bunch of mounts that would make sense to be able to do it.

Lorewalkers Disk thing
    Flying Carpets
    Engineering Copters

Before they redesigned the glyph system i remember warlocks had one where they could walk on water with their class mount forget which one though this needs to be brought back
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Doubt it. The seahorse you get from questing there is as fast as a flying mount (+280%), iirc.
    Yeah, the seahorse is a lot faster that the fathom dweller. Boo!

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the idea of hovering mounts being able to Water walk. It felt weird just cruising around on the Cloud Mount only to end up with my face in the water. That river beast swim speed idea is also rather good as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Water Walking should be an expensive gold upgrade to a mount of your choice that is account-bound (that mount on all characters get water walking).
    What's the point of that then? Who would drop a large amount of gold to upgrade a mount with Water Walking if they can just continue to use the Water Strider or, failing to have that, grind out the rep to buy the Water Strider and use one of the new easily grind-able swimming mounts in the meanwhile?
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MurlocDemonHunter View Post
    Any mount that has no 'run' animation, and flies when ground locked should have water walking.
    Yeah, however it removes the "fantasy" of the original concept, so don't think it will happen.
    Got both the blue and red version of it. Mainly uses it for its ability, but when that is said, then I'm sooooo bored with it

Hovering mounts should fly above water.

Water walking should be exclusive to DK and Shamans (and professions like alchemy or eng.). Stop giving everything to everyone and then scream on forums that everything is the same and boring.
    When a player quits EVE and goes to WoW, the average IQ in both games increases.

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Who would drop a large amount of gold to upgrade a mount with Water Walking if they can just continue to use the Water Strider or, failing to have that, grind out the rep to buy the Water Strider and use one of the new easily grind-able swimming mounts in the meanwhile?
    I would. I've never been a fan of the way the water striders look. Not sure how many expansions are in WoW's future, but as long as they continue to lock flying at the beginning, I would much prefer being able to use a different mount.

Just increase all mounts' swim speed to +60% of normal run speed, I'd be happy enough with that.
    Furthermore, I consider that China must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    The problem is at this point people are tired of only using those mounts. We'd like to use more than 1-2 mounts in the game.
    It won't matter when we can fly. It shouldn't have mattered anyway except for leveling because we should have been able to get flying at 110 in 7.0.

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    In areas where you can fly, the Geosynchronous World Spinner travels at 310% while partially submerged in water.

Notable only for looking kinda cool.
    The original flying machine also allows you to fly full-speed whilst skimming the water. I had a great time when they first upgraded the water engine to allow ripples.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Water Walking should be an expensive gold upgrade to a mount of your choice that is account-bound (that mount on all characters get water walking).
    In addition to just a gold sink it should be a useable sold by the Anglers on Exalted for some thousands of gold which enables all flying mounts to use their flying animation at 200% speed (ground mount speed) above a water surface. Ofcourse this should only work for characters lvl 98 and above. This way low level characters have to keep using the water strider for water walking so the mount itself doesn't become obsolete, but allows higher level characters to use some more variation. The only downside would be that most ground-only mounts won't get as much love as they get now when not using a water strider.

Lorewalkers Disk thing
    Flying Carpets
    Engineering Copters

The ability for any mount to water walk should be removed from the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Blizzard felt the same which is why they intended to limit the water-striders ability to Pandaria.