Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    I'd personally like to see them queuable because I regularly get rejected for groups. I don't have a problem with this, people will use ilevel to make their determinations, but it does get a little frustrating as a dps.

I'm by no means an anti-social gamer either, I engage with my guild a lot and when I get into a group (be it via LFD, group finder or trade chat in Stormwind) but the times I can play aren't always workable for my guild friends in terms of grouping up. Mythic I'd like to see in a queue format, but I would agree with those who think Mythic+ should still require the group to be constructed manually (so to speak).

Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    I will never understand why it's unacceptable for this to happen in a MMO, yet single player games for DECADES now have had extremely hard optional bosses/content that most of the players wouldn't access or beat, and that was fine?

Hell, single playergames STILL do this to this day.

Why do MMO's have to be accessible and easy for everyone? Why is "inaccessible content a waste of dev time" for MMO's only?
    You're misunderstanding. Having a higher difficulty setting for the SAME content is not the same as ONLY having the higher difficulty setting.

WoW has LFR, normal, heroic, and mythic for raiding. There's a difficulty setting for anyone. Dungeons have normal, heroic, mythic, and now mythic+. Again...a setting for everyone. None of them are mutually exclusive. There's no rule that says if you play on LFR that you couldn't step up your game and move up. Likewise, there's nothing stopping a mythic raider from being bored or busy, and just screwing around in LFR, maybe for xmogs or something.

But then along comes the Mythic-only crowd who says: "I want this content to be only for me, and everyone else can bugger off because mythic only is good for the game". Wut?

Sorry, but wow is built on a foundation of content that appeals to a BROAD range of players: From casuals who only have a handful of hours to play, to basement dwelling world-first streamers. Trying to make it exclusively for only higher-end players just isn't going to work.

And..once again for the back row: Having a lower difficulty does NOT prevent you from playing at a higher level. You'd think by now people would have gotten the message.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2016-11-21 at 09:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    The community only needs to support the devs when the devs make decisions that are fair and logical. There is literally no reason to exclude Mythic-0 from the matchmaking system. There is literally no reason to exclude dungeon content like Arcway, Court of Souls, or Kara from matchmaking. There is no good reason to even spend dev time on content which will only contain a single, higher difficulty that most of the playerbase won't access. That's the entire point of having different difficulty settings for instanced content in the first place: To give people of different skillsets and ability access to the content.

And again, I don't know why I have to keep saying this, but: Matchmaking and Pre-made groups are not mutually exclusive, FFS!
    Those dungeons are becoming apart of heroic in the next patch. If that is your only argument for queueable mythic then it seems your issue is resolved. My prior posts had nothing to do with content. It is in regards to why Blizzard made mythic non-queueable.

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    Those dungeons are becoming apart of heroic in the next patch. If that is your only argument for queueable mythic then it seems your issue is resolved. My prior posts had nothing to do with content. It is in regards to why Blizzard made mythic non-queueable.
    My only real complaint was with there being content which did not have a place in matchmaking at all. Adding heroic versions which are accessible through matchmaking is a solution that solves that.

However, I don't really see any reason to keep mythic-0 out of matchmaking either. Progression through mythic+1 and higher is where the real skill and challenge comes into play, especially when you get into +10 and above.

Given the nature of keystones and weekly lockouts, I don't have any problem with leaving mythic+ out of the queue. But as long as regular, unmodified mythic dungeons hold lore-based quests and remain at the level of "difficulty" they're at now, they should be accessible from the auto-matchmaking tool.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because I want the people I randomly encounter in-game to be random, not self-selecting for sociopathy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt they'll ever make them queue-able.

They did it with Heroics and practically downgraded the entire thing because players complained about the difficulty. Queue-able Mythic will only share the same fate.

The same request for a 'z' difficulty would be made if we got a brand new non-queuable mode. It's why we now have 4 difficulties in raiding.
    Last edited by Polybius; 2016-11-22 at 07:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Allora View Post
    Just laziness and reason to avoid social contact
    I love the social contact of group finder:
    Maw Mythic 850+ ilvl or GTFO (1/0/1)
    no scrubs
    don't suck

Me (860 ilvl dps) "You have been declined for Maw Mythic 850+ ilvl or GTFO"

That's some great social interaction.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    I love the social contact of group finder:
    Maw Mythic 850+ ilvl or GTFO (1/0/1)
    no scrubs
    don't suck

Me (860 ilvl dps) "You have been declined for Maw Mythic 850+ ilvl or GTFO"

That's some great social interaction.
    well i gues there were other signed higher DPSs.
    You would do the same thing if there was 860 or 875 ilvl dps.

Deleted
    that was exactly his point. why take someone whos ilvl is on par with content when you can roflstomp a dungeon. ppl will always take the route of less resistance.

Quote Originally Posted by Allora View Post
    well i gues there were other signed higher DPSs.
    You would do the same thing if there was 860 or 875 ilvl dps.
    but automated system wouldn't do that - and that why people want automated system - so that little ocd kids with "i want 880 for content designed for 800 itlv" cant continiue rejecting people

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    but automated system wouldn't do that - and that why people want automated system - so that little ocd kids with "i want 880 for content designed for 800 itlv" cant continiue rejecting people
    That would be cool if the automated system matched ilvl.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzle View Post
    that was exactly his point. why take someone whos ilvl is on par with content when you can roflstomp a dungeon. ppl will always take the route of less resistance.
    I get his point. Just saying if he was the leader of the group he would do the same thing even when he doesnt like the system.

Try to do mythic with 830 ilvl random players and u will see why random automated system is bad idea for mythic dungeons. Because this example is exactly what would happend most of the time.

Some people are even not able to do Heroic properly.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    Noone is stopping you from making your own party and inviting all 800 ilvl.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    Still does not help if we need to go into mythic0 for quests. Or will the quests be tagged for heroic as well, then?

Quote Originally Posted by Eleventyten View Post
    Personally I wouldn't mind it being in LFD. Maybe open up Mythic +1 to +5 for LFD and require any difficulty above that to have an organized group. Mythics are really the only progression past WQ's unless you're doing Heroic raiding and the same people who want LFD for Mythics aren't doing that. You hit a wall once you're done with Heroics and they top out at what, 850? I think the current "acceptable minimum" is about 860. 850 to 860 is not easy without Mythic/Mythic+

So yeah, it's the casual player who want Mythics in LFD, because they've got nothing left to do now. And when they do try to get into groups they're being declined for being sub ilvl.
    I hear so much this excuse, THE CASUAL PLAYER! The casual player can be in a guild, Casual guilds exist. I raid mythic and im not hardcore. I see myself as a casual player that like to do hard content like most of my guild. Casual players it's just a excuse to turn WOW into somekind of single player game! THIS IS A MMORPG game for god sake.

I would like mythic+0 to be queueable because at this point, they're becoming eaiser as more people have gotten used to them. Sometimes it's very hard as a dps to find groups - especially with a lower ilvl - so having the chance to queue and get on with things (WQs bgs, whatever) while queued is much better than staring the the LFD
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Deleted
    I think the 2 reasons for asking for LFD mythic0 are actually
    - Being forced into them through quests/missions/etc.
    - Bruised egos from people that got declined several times, but are too lazy to start their own groups and then see for themselves that they would also decline some of the applicants

The first can be solved by making all of these missions & quests scale like the Raid mission: It reads the number of dungeons / boss kill you have per difficulty and respectively gives that result independent on which difficulty it is done (Example: HoV mission, Player has done HoV mythic0 10 times --> Player can go to normal mode HoV to complete the quest and receives a mythic0 item as reward). Probably mythic0 should be the max on these.

The second cannot be solved, since it's human.

Deleted
    Because:

declined
    declined
    declined
    declined
    declined
    declined
    declined

Becomes VERY depressing and demotivating after a while.

"make your own group" - is not much better experience if you are a dps - you will spend ages waiting for the tank+healer. Meanwhile you will be bombarded with DPSers trying to join despite all 3 dps slots being full, realm hoppers dropping in and out, impatient ppl leaving group if it doesn't fill in 5 mins...

And regular mythics are not even that hard to exclude them from LFD queue system.

Hell, the 3 ICC dungeons in WOTLK were in LFG, the third one (Halls of something...) was harder than any Legion mythic, yet it worked perfectly fine!!! They just set higher ilvl requirement before they popped for you in the queue.

Deleted
    The question would be, why not?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I've noticed this a bit on the forums and a few fansites that people are asking for them to be on the LFD queue. Why? What is wrong with forming your own group and going there? Just seems to me people want a way to get more free purples for minimal effort when there are already plenty of ways of that in LFR and World Quests.
    I wouldn't call quable Mythic dungeon is free epix. You still still need to actually do that dungeon and for people with lesser gear it won't be a joke. Having to form your own group is a little annoyance. It's not hard but it takes time one could otherwise use on doing something else while the system does the matchmaking.

Now, for me it's not a big deal. I focus on Mythic+ and haven't done a Mythic dungeon for a long time. But then again I have this Arcway Mythic quest for over a month now and cba to make a group for it. If it was queable I would have done it already. And I do queable content quite regularly for the goodie bags. So as I've said, not a big deal but a little annoyance.