Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    What about Essence Font + Rushing Jade Wind? Too bad for the mana department or is Chiji just better overall? I mean, if you're using EF so much combining it with RJW sounds good but when I see that RJW+EF cost ~ 150k Mana I'm shocked.
    Its the best 150k mana you can spend. Both essense font and rjw are cheap for the amount of healing they do. If you would cast effuses instead you would have to cast more then 10 of them to heal as much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    the HoT of EF is insignificant. if EF's main heal will not overheal, just press EF again.

also you should probably remove vivify from your healing arsenal because it's worse than just pressing EF in like 99% of scenarios. even empowered vivify is worse than EF. to aoe heal you focus on ReM on CD, TFT with ReM and otherwise spam EF. during down time you regen mana via spirit of the crane.

if you think you'll be casting enveloping mist a lot (due to heavy tank dmg etc), take mist wrap instead of spirit of the crane and focus more on enveloping mist
    UT vivify with LC is better than EF hpm wise.

That's not exactly an uncommon thing considering Lifecycles is the most common progression talent.

With set bonuses the class is basically just going to follow a lifecycles rotation, and only cast ef once for hots to spam vivify off during mana tea/innervate windows.

- - - Updated - - -

What about Essence Font + Rushing Jade Wind? Too bad for the mana department or is Chiji just better overall? I mean, if you're using EF so much combining it with RJW sounds good but when I see that RJW+EF cost ~ 150k Mana I'm shocked.
    RJW's problem isn't mana. The problem is it doesn't do enough healing compared to chi-ji.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    That's because you played Spirit of the Crane.

I didn't see any real improvement from getting haste on gear to be honest, but if the GCD of RSK is lowered by haste, that helps of course.]
    The reason why you didn't see much movement is because haste doesn't do that much for monk compared to crit/vers healing wise. That's why no one stacks it.

When rising thunder rem spam got nerfed into oblivion, all benefit to haste stacking went away.
    Last edited by Supliftz; 2016-11-22 at 11:10 AM.

Deleted
    Got legendary legs, should I change my play style at all?

So Mistweavers are really dependent on Mana Tea, Innverate etc.?

10+ Year Old Account
    So Mistweavers are really dependent on Mana Tea, Innverate etc.?
    What do you mean Mistweavers are really dependent on mana tea.

By this logic, Resto druids are "dependent" on flourish.

The reason everyone takes Mana Tea, is due to the talent resulting in the most hps.

reading the last 2-3 pages i feel like im the only one using tft almost only on vivify now ? i started doing this when i was using ef a LOT

Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post
    What do you mean Mistweavers are really dependent on mana tea.

By this logic, Resto druids are "dependent" on flourish.

The reason everyone takes Mana Tea, is due to the talent resulting in the most hps.
    What I meant: we're needing Mana Tea / Innverate to be competitive while other healers don't need them to outshine our healing.

Chi-Ji is free healing. RJW would be awesome if we could afford the mana.

- - - Updated - - -

With set bonuses the class is basically just going to follow a lifecycles rotation, and only cast ef once for hots to spam vivify off during mana tea/innervate windows.
    Everyone and their mother is using Mist Wrap + Mana Tea in TOV though.

The amount of mistweavers barely using Enveloping Mist is also huge.. seems like ReM + Essence Font + UT Vivify only, it's very efficient mana wise, I tried it.

However, the logs on mythic Odyn are so different.. some people have Essence Font as top heals, while others.. Vivify? I'm going to guess to cast Vivify 60 times in 10 minutes you use it with TFT.
    Last edited by Spotnick; 2016-11-22 at 05:29 PM.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Well it's more a question of what RJW brings for the mana. I have run it on Ursoc MM for our two kills with correct to good hps (450k+ hps on first kill then 520k+ hps on second kill where an hpal focused 100% on presumly weaker tanks -and died in the end. Only one revival on both kills due to defined cooldown rotation, two innervates (1 boomkin)).

I did a rough calculation of what RJW brings (calculate how much EF gained from RJW, calculate how much additionnal unbuffed EF i would have cast with the mana spent on RJW), and it turned out it was 10M hp on the fight. That's about a 2x chi-ji use, so it seems even to me on these numbers. But i didn't account a few things that favor rjw: innervate efficiency, overlap on EF hots if casting more EF, very convenient cast on the move when using RJW instead of channeling EF.
    Last edited by Caprix; 2016-11-22 at 07:29 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    the HoT of EF is insignificant. if EF's main heal will not overheal, just press EF again.

also you should probably remove vivify from your healing arsenal because it's worse than just pressing EF in like 99% of scenarios. even empowered vivify is worse than EF. to aoe heal you focus on ReM on CD, TFT with ReM and otherwise spam EF. during down time you regen mana via spirit of the crane.

if you think you'll be casting enveloping mist a lot (due to heavy tank dmg etc), take mist wrap instead of spirit of the crane and focus more on enveloping mist
    Please stop spreading false information of what you think "feels" right. Vivify is pretty much on par if not better if you make use of the double mastery proc at mythic gear levels, the calculations you can find earlier in this thread. As an added bonus you do not spend mana in vain when you have to move.

Quote Originally Posted by Magition View Post
    Got legendary legs, should I change my play style at all?
    I did, I enjoy the playstyle, and I have been stacking haste to get the most of out of it as I can with Rising Thunder. That being said, I don't raid and mainly do Mythic+ so Haste might be easier to get away with and doubles as a DPS stat. At the moment I am Haste/Mastery stacked and may move to Haste/Crit if I was raiding more.

That being said, now that I have the pants, might do a raid and see how it goes as I find I am getting a lot of ReMs out.

I would recommend setting up some kind of aura tracking addon like WeakAuras and track the different spell ID's
    http://www.wowhead.com/search?&q=the...ame%27s+gamble

One thing to note, you can 'bank' up your procs, but I think the maximum is 2. Each proc is a 30 second buff and the timer will start again if you proc the same SPELL ID, but note, when you use it, it doesn't reset to 30 seconds if you use one of the stacks.

It is quite nice having multiple instant cast EM's in your back pocket.

- - - Updated - - -

The amount of mistweavers barely using Enveloping Mist is also huge.. seems like ReM + Essence Font + UT Vivify only, it's very efficient mana wise, I tried it.

However, the logs on mythic Odyn are so different.. some people have Essence Font as top heals, while others.. Vivify? I'm going to guess to cast Vivify 60 times in 10 minutes you use it with TFT.
    I'm one of the people who used a lot of vivify on our Mythic Odyn kill. If you look at earlier pulls, my top heal was typically EF. Eventually, I started using more Vivify than EF because there is so much movement on the fight that there were times where I had to interrupt my EF cast (extremely frustrating experience). Other times, I screwed up my own positioning and had to use vivify instead of EF. Overall, if you analyze the kill (can't speak to earlier pulls), the healing value per mana cost ended up being extremely similar between the two abilities. Most of this is likely due to my own limitations as a player and some terrible decision-making, but I think the argument could probably be made for large Viv use on that fight due to the movement requirement.

As for how I used TFT, it was dependent on the specific circumstances of the encounter. Sometimes I used it on Vivify, others I used it on ReM. There were probably other times where, in the moment, I chose to use it on EF because my terrible split second decision-making thought it was worth it. Again, I think it just depends on what you're experiencing in a given encounter. Of course, assuming perfect play and perfect encounter conditions, there is an optimal way to use each ability and in my experience, at least the experience of my own capabilities, rarely do things work out quite that smoothly.
    Last edited by Awsumpossum; 2016-11-22 at 11:19 PM.

Deleted
    If you are talking about mythic geared for raiding... then you shouldnt really have over 150% mastery. The more artifact traits the less powerful mastery becomes compared to other stats.

If mythic geared for mythic+ I find haste alot stronger then mastery, but got unison shoulders.

7+ Year Old Account
    So I have been so lucky to get Sephuz's Secret as my 2nd legendary today.. what procs it? Leg Sweep probably, maybe Paralysis? Anything else?

At least the stats are good.

I just wished they would add dispells to the list of things that would proc it, because we have so many interrupts.

Leg Sweep and Para is all. I just Para a mob being dps'd so I get the haste+speed when needed. Works ok ....

10+ Year Old Account
    What I meant: we're needing Mana Tea / Innverate to be competitive while other healers don't need them to outshine our healing.
    Well yea, almost every healer in the game needs innervates to perform at the 100th percentile. I was more pointing out the fact that saying mana tea is "required" to be competitive is like saying flourish is "required" to be competitive.

- - - Updated - - -

Most people are using Lifecycles, and it performs better according to WCL statistics. This is kinda irrelevant to my point about Lifecycles dominating the class with set bonuses.

7+ Year Old Account
    Most people are using Lifecycles, and it performs better according to WCL statistics. This is kinda irrelevant to my point about Lifecycles dominating the class with set bonuses.
    I haven't used Lifecycles much, mainly because I don't find myself casting many EnvM during a raid. The few times I tried to use Lifecycles on M Ursoc I found myself going OoM faster.. I don't know, might be a gitgud scenario but I just haven't used it much or found myself thinking it might be a good talent. Mistwrap seems a natural choice

Quote Originally Posted by Thra View Post
    I just Para a mob being dps'd so I get the haste+speed when needed. Works ok ....
    Every single DoT damage dealer class should love you for doing that

7+ Year Old Account
    It no longer removes DoT's ? That was a glyph

Quote Originally Posted by Thra View Post
    I haven't used Lifecycles much, mainly because I don't find myself casting many EnvM during a raid. The few times I tried to use Lifecycles on M Ursoc I found myself going OoM faster.. I don't know, might be a gitgud scenario but I just haven't used it much or found myself thinking it might be a good talent. Mistwrap seems a natural choice
    pretty sure right now mistwrap is more used than lifecycles, checking quickly on mythic bosses mistwrap is coming strong, with lifecycle being here often only on dragons and elerethe from what I can see

with the soom buff since 7.1 pretty sure mistwrap is the "go to" option, of course the others 2 are very viable but mistwrap is slightly above id say

also depends on playstyle tho, sotc comes handy sometimes if you never use evm and just spams ef

Not sure I'm getting the "talented into Mist Wrap but not casting Enveloping Mist often" thing. I mean, the only other reason to go Mist Wrap is to have Soothing Mist on the mpve, because better Enveloping Mist and the bonus healing is pretty much why you want it over Lifecycles.

Personally I want to use Enveloping Mist because of the legendary belt, but that's another story.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch