Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kenoathcarn View Post
    Are you saying the blink radius is worthless and also needs to be buffed? cuz its pretty close in distance. blink(20) rop (16).

if you need to move more then this in a 10 second window your issue isn't with rune of power, its with your brain.
    Mate, seriously, use your brains. Blink doesn't have a radius, it's distance traveled.

/facepalm

You like RoP? - fine. Enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by mascarpwn View Post
    Mate, seriously, use your brains. Blink doesn't have a radius, it's distance traveled.

/facepalm

You like RoP? - fine. Enjoy it.
    My brain works fine, Your the one who has issues staying inside the radius. I'm curious tho if 16 yards of space isn't enough, at what point would it be?

20? 30? 40?

at 20 yards, that's literally HALF your entire cast range from one end to the other.

No other caster in the game gets to complain that they lost dps because of poor movement planning why should you?

You have an entirely instant-cast burst window, and you complain that you have to stay in a 16 yard circle?, would you rather be hard casting every spell instead and LITERALLY be nailed to the floor.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kenoathcarn View Post
    My brain works fine, Your the one who has issues staying inside the radius. I'm curious tho if 16 yards of space isn't enough, at what point would it be?

20? 30? 40?

at 20 yards, that's literally HALF your entire cast range from one end to the other.

No other caster in the game gets to complain that they lost dps because of poor movement planning why should you?

You have an entirely instant-cast burst window, and you complain that you have to stay in a 16 yard circle?, would you rather be hard casting every spell instead and LITERALLY be nailed to the floor.
    I don't dispute that poor movement planning will contribute to alot of lost damage with some players when using RoP but coming from a player that has no issues with that, some mechanics are random and will cause you to have to move out of the radius and when that happens it just makes the talent annoying.

I don't like it plain and simple, so i'm glad to see it nerfed, not into oblivion but to a place where it does not make it mandatory but a slight dps gain over the other talents (since it require active thought and execution) so i don't feel it is necessary to play and thus detract from my enjoyment.

Saying all that, that was for when i play fire in mythic+, for raids i use BC/TV frost and IF sims higher anyways, so FU RoP
    Last edited by mmoc6c2e0bc3b9; 2016-11-16 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xorn View Post
    I dunno about that. It's a crapton of damage, even on single target, and having it autocrit, well that's just gravy.
    I wouldn't call it a crap-ton, it's only a slight dps increase. Even with the helm, you won't take the auto-crit talent on single target fights. The row is a very powerful row and has better things. On AOE fight you'll take it only if you have helm, probably.

Deleted
    So I have belt and exodar which seems like could be bis on several fights, and I am thinking of switching my loot spec to arcane. Is it worth it?

Deleted
    shard of exodar which spec benefits most? frost?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Createk View Post
    shard of exodar which spec benefits most? frost?
    Yep its about a 32k dps gain according to sims.

Alright this might sound real stupid but hear me out.

I'm apparently rank 31 on Zul'Jin horde for iLvl at 879 - ww w.wowprogres.com/gearscore/us/zul-jin/class.mage/ (Sled). I have only received 1 legendary, and my overall ilvl is actually like 887 or something like that. I thought people were just spamming mythic+ more than me, but after looking at the rest of the page I see that basically all the other mages have 2 (or more) legendaries, and the majority of them have not done as much mythic+ as me. According to the site I've done 125 mythic+ on time, of which 74 were level 5 or higher. I feel like I've multi-chested the majority of them too.

Given... like 80% of them are MaW and I started Legion a few weeks late - am I just unlucky? I've also done my emissaries every day, and raided N/H EN and stuff for weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Osanger View Post
    Yep its about a 32k dps gain according to sims.
    The sims weren't using it properly for the longest time, so I'd be surprised if it was accurate now. The ring was comparable to the bracers (sans incredible RNG) in many cases, but especially on faster kills (and particularly when the extra lust time lets you get in a Combustion that would otherwise not have happened).

The top fire parses on many fights look like Bracers + Ring, followed by a lot of Bracers + something else, then not too far after that you'd have Ring + some other legendary, and it's quite a while before you find many logs with neither of these.

Quote Originally Posted by simple82189 View Post

I'm apparently rank 31 on Zul'Jin horde for iLvl at 879 - ww w.wowprogres.com/gearscore/us/zul-jin/class.mage/ (Sled). I have only received 1 legendary, and my overall ilvl is actually like 887 or something like that. I thought people were just spamming mythic+ more than me, but after looking at the rest of the page I see that basically all the other mages have 2 (or more) legendaries, and the majority of them have not done as much mythic+ as me. According to the site I've done 125 mythic+ on time, of which 74 were level 5 or higher. I feel like I've multi-chested the majority of them too.

Given... like 80% of them are MaW and I started Legion a few weeks late - am I just unlucky? I've also done my emissaries every day, and raided N/H EN and stuff for weeks.
    You definitely will find a lot of people who have done less and have two (or more legendaries). Now, if you are really unlucky or not, is a bit more difficult to say. You got the Shard of Exodar, one of the best legendaries for us. For example, I (with an ilvl of 862) have Norgannon and Sephuz. Did I have more luck than you? difficult to say. You also got really lucky with your wriggling sinew. I'd rather have that, than my legendary boots (at least at the moment).

Don't get yourself too hung up on the legendaries. As long as you have no problems getting into groups don't worry too much. You'll get another one.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Just got the shield neck.... changed loot specc to arcane aswell from fire so feelsbadman being back to 0% on several levels.

God I hope I get the leg evocation helm early on.

You're just unlucky.....Ive done less than that and have 5 legs. RNG ftw

Quote Originally Posted by Geldor View Post
    You definitely will find a lot of people who have done less and have two (or more legendaries). Now, if you are really unlucky or not, is a bit more difficult to say. You got the Shard of Exodar, one of the best legendaries for us. For example, I (with an ilvl of 862) have Norgannon and Sephuz. Did I have more luck than you? difficult to say. You also got really lucky with your wriggling sinew. I'd rather have that, than my legendary boots (at least at the moment).

Don't get yourself too hung up on the legendaries. As long as you have no problems getting into groups don't worry too much. You'll get another one.
    ^ this. Im 878 equipped but dont have sinew or flame wreathe trinket(havent seen sinew drop since 1st week of EM) and have 1 stat stick leg(currently. in patch will become usable). 2 other mages in my guild have bracers and the other ring and both trinkets. needless to say im getting rekt every time its becoming nonfun
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

I'd like to try out koralon's burning touch on ptr but it's another 40gb wow install and my hd is bleeding already
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

first I got was the dragons breath helm... then I got the timewarp ring... and today I just got the pyro bracers.. I guess I'm just pretty fucking lucky to not get a single shit one :P

Fwiw i got 1 legendary on my alt in normal mythic, on my main i got 1 from weekly world boss (boots), one from Hc En and the last one from normal mythic, i don't do many m+ especially when you always get terrible keystones that nobody in lfg wants to do (Cos Brh wotv hov...)
    Last edited by D3athsting; 2016-11-23 at 11:17 AM.
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Deleted
    PTR changes to Boots!!!!!!!!!!

Norgannon's: Foresight Standing still until cancelled grants you Foresight, allowing you to cast while moving for 5 sec.

I'd say they were pretty dam useful now, if that goes live!!!!!! REJOICE!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico3337 View Post
    first I got was the dragons breath helm... then I got the timewarp ring... and today I just got the pyro bracers.. I guess I'm just pretty fucking lucky to not get a single shit one :P
    You got all 3 BiS ones... yea that's absurdly lucky.

Deleted
    I just got sephuz secret. Getting a legendary should never make you feel so disappointed. I even had thoughts on quitting my fire mage lol...

Even with the buffs this ring is just bad.
    Last edited by mmoc21b9eae572; 2016-11-23 at 05:13 PM.

Thanks for quelling my anxiety guys lol. The unluckyness feels bad but ya I do have an 895 sinew and the ring so there's that.

If this continues for a week though I'm submitting a conspiracy ticket to blizz.