Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    but the arcade mode has the old quick match rule set within it...
    Not really, no limits isnt the same experience nor as fun to do with friends.

Its literally shoehorned QP vanillia with longer que times and less enjoyment.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    Not really, no limits isnt the same experience nor as fun to do with friends.
    its exactly the same as the old qp... idk what you are talking about.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    its exactly the same as the old qp... idk what you are talking about.
    i think they're referring to how most people just mash QM instead of the no limit... so it has longer queues cause there are other game types drawing people away?

otherwise they are virtually the same rule set.

edit:

same rule set. I.E. literally the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    i think they're referring to how most people just mash QM instead of the no limit... so it has longer queues cause there are other game types drawing people away?

otherwise they are virtually the same rule set.

edit:

same rule set. I.E. literally the same.
    It's because the main reason for stacking any hero was to be deliberately annoying, or to 'troll'. Be it because they know the 'stack' is dumb as shit and will lose, quickly, or because it's hard to break down and annoying to deal with for an uncoordinated team. So, whether it was trolling your own team, or the other side; it was still purely about spoiling fun and no more than that. So, in 'Unlimited' where there only people out to spoil each others fun, and the people who's fun they're set out to spoil are safely away in QP; it can be no longer fun for them, because there's no fun to spoil.

Even when you got people to do the 6x whoever, it's like no one noticed the string of players leaving before you put that group together.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    I'm curious as to why they simply couldn't throw Symmetra a random buff this patch. Everyone seems to agree she's F tier and a sucky pick. Blizzard is thinking of a way to rework her, but why not just add something like 25+ health or increase in damage in the meantime to hold players over while they wait?
    Because a random buff is a crappy way to design a game.

First you aren't addressing the issue with anything you suggested
    Second: your just making the game more depressing for others in situations where she is already strong

She needs a overhaul and not just a silly buff to her damage output which doesn't address anything

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Because a random buff is a crappy way to design a game.

First you aren't addressing the issue with anything you suggested
    Second: your just making the game more depressing for others in situations where she is already strong

She needs a overhaul and not just a silly buff to her damage output which doesn't address anything
    I think I'd rather see her deactivated until they rework her to be honest, people don't tend so much to 'pick her where she's strong' but rather pick her because she's wildly inappropriate. Then put her teleport on a cliff edge.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I think I'd rather see her deactivated until they rework her to be honest, people don't tend so much to 'pick her where she's strong' but rather pick her because she's wildly inappropriate. Then put her teleport on a cliff edge.
    Would be happy if they did that.

Never had the cliff thing but honestly I hate it when people pick her.

First: she is borderline useless if the group pushes for the objective,
    second: you have to change hero midway the game at some point anyway resulting in starting with zero ulti

The 2e thing really semi pisses me off, because starting with Sym means you will lose any ultimate you build at some point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been playing a bit of competitive recently and got potg as Ana and Lucio, I never normally get potg as healer its quite good.

Don't get the complaints about Symmetra.
    Been using her in late plat(Hardly a symbol of skill, but at least some competence) for maps such as Dorado, Volskaya, Temple of Anubis and Eichenwalde ( all defence, of course) and then swapping away after the first point is taken, to another support( if it gets that far)

She's situational. Not trash tier. Requires some adapting.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm curious as to why they simply couldn't throw Symmetra a random buff this patch. Everyone seems to agree she's F tier and a sucky pick. Blizzard is thinking of a way to rework her, but why not just add something like 25+ health or increase in damage in the meantime to hold players over while they wait?
    Because that raises more issues rather than fixing issues, while simultaneously meaning they need to test these new changes alongside what they're working on for final changes. It adds work for little gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Omnoms View Post
    Been using her in late plat(Hardly a symbol of skill, but at least some competence) for maps such as Dorado, Volskaya, Temple of Anubis and Eichenwalde ( all defence, of course) and then swapping away after the first point is taken, to another support( if it gets that far)

It's that her situationality is so hugely dependent on the pre-match setup time. She's "okay" on Point A of some maps because of that setup time; she can get her turrets up before the attack comes. Once that gets knocked through, though, she's hosed and you generally need to swap to another hero; you're just not gonna get the 30 seconds to set up your turrets that you need, unmolested.

7+ Year Old Account

she's only useful on assault maps(defense) on the first point.
    and that only because she has enough time to get herself ready, and her turrets up.
    your teammates can also work around you.

she's god damn useless pretty much everywhere else.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Because that raises more issues rather than fixing issues, while simultaneously meaning they need to test these new changes alongside what they're working on for final changes. It adds work for little gain.
    A 25 bonus to her health doesn't require testing. As we all know Blizzard's balancing method is all based on statistics, and a small boost in health isn't going to even put her in line with other normal heroes. But it will actually slightly improve the game play of people who actually use her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Struggling with people treating competitive like a QM. Bothers me to no end.

So what happens after your turrets get destroyed and the other team enters the objective as a group? Will you be able to defend just as well as the reaper or mccree that both actually counters something, no you won't because at this point your not defending the choke point anymore and your turrets loses allot of value because they work best in the small side entries and not in the open.

And lets say you die and swap, chances are the other team has 1 or 2 ulit's ready at this point and some are probably at least at the 50% mark. But you and only will guaranteed start with zero because you just had to use something that's borderline useless over the entire course of the match and you had to change.

Time is precious in overwatch, don't waist 1 or 2 mins by picking crappy characters that can't hold or press points.

- - - Updated - - -

A 25 bonus to her health doesn't require testing. As we all know Blizzard's balancing method is all based on statistics, and a small boost in health isn't going to even put her in line with other normal heroes. But it will actually slightly improve the game play of people who actually use her.
    And it could make her potentially even harder to deal with in a 1vs 1 situation where she is already strong if she gets the jump.

Sym is useless, but not because she sucks at duels but because she has no range attack to speak of or no really way of defending or attacking objectives in any meaningful way.

So what happens after your turrets get destroyed and the other team enters the objective as a group? Will you be able to defend just as well as the reaper or mccree that both actually counters something, no you won't because at this point your not defending the choke point anymore and your turrets loses allot of value because they work best in the small side entries and not in the open.

And lets say you die and swap, chances are the other team has 1 or 2 ulit's ready at this point and some are probably at least at the 50% mark. But you and only will guaranteed start with zero because you just had to use something that's borderline useless over the entire course of the match and you had to change.

Time is precious in overwatch, don't waist 1 or 2 mins by picking crappy characters that can't hold or press points.

Sym is useless, but not because she sucks at duels but because she has no range attack to speak of or no really way of defending or attacking objectives in any meaningful way.
    This has genuinely never been an issue in matches, though.

You don't want a cluster of her turrets in a single location, only to have them blown up.
    You wan't them sporadically placed to assist in various trading areas.
    A maximum of 2.
    This way, they're not just blown up in two seconds.

Thing is, we don't take her in place of a dps. We take her in place of a support. Then re-shuffle if it's dire. Thus far it has worked.
    Then again, I'm not playing at pro levels, Simply high plat.

What about you?

This has genuinely never been an issue in matches, though.

You don't want a cluster of her turrets in a single location, only to have them blown up.
    You wan't them sporadically placed to assist in various trading areas.
    A maximum of 2.
    This way, they're not just blown up in two seconds.

Thing is, we don't take her in place of a dps. We take her in place of a support. Then re-shuffle if it's dire. Thus far it has worked.
    Then again, I'm not playing at pro levels, Simply high plat.

What about you?
    SO your going with a single healer? that even worse spot your stealing since once that single healer dies thing will fall apart quickly even if you have a teleport up.

Blizzard may intend for her to be classified as support but right now she is no replacement for Ana or Zen as the aggressive dps healer.

SO your going with a single healer? that even worse spot your stealing since once that single healer dies thing will fall apart quickly even if you have a teleport up.

Blizzard may intend for her to be classified as support but right now she is no replacement for Ana or Zen as the aggressive dps healer.
    We would usually play with an Ana.
    So she wouldn't replace that spot.
    We've got a higher success with her, than without.

What level do you play at? People may be more adapt at dealing with her at higher ranks than what I play with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    I started out at 2300, nothing special. Been in solo Q a lot and I am down to 1912 at the moment. It's a nightmare. I just take turns stomping teams or getting stomped. Last match we had a Sombra, Hanzo, Bastion 3 person team who refused to switch. They really need to look at how people get points because its a nightmare in solo Q.
    Solo Q really is terrible, and I imagine that the majority of players in competitive are playing solo q.

I tried joining a "clan" that uses teamspeak but it hasn't really worked out. TS is terrible and people are freaking crazy.

Word on the PTR is Genji's edge dashing has been removed. Gotta keep that skill floor down!

Word on the PTR is Genji's edge dashing has been removed. Gotta keep that skill floor down!
    I may be missing something obvious but what's 'edge dashing'?