Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    i still see the same amount of bots in PvP so this thread is just PR bullshit for Blizzard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    An orc named after Jesus firing a kamehameha at a tentacle dragon and making it explode into fairy dust before a group of dragons don't lament the loss of their once-friend or the now inevitable extinction of their species due to their newfound sterility and mortality but instead congratulate him on knocking up his wife was pretty fucking insane even by this series' standards.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarian View Post
    I do not deny i have been botting for years, started back in wrath actually. I stopped botting in WoD but i keep active in the scene, especially with recent developments, so this is where i base my opinions.
    Then you should be banned. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanines View Post
    Good thing JOE has several hours a day besides his job. Joe gets home at 530PM, and Jodie his wife and him plays World Of Warcraft. they raid every tuesday and thursday. On a good day, they both maybe play 1-2 hours. They are casuals. They cannot afford the basic raiding mats such as flask and food. Joe and Jordie gets removed from the raid team. This is because of bans. At the start of EN a flask costed 4k+ food was 190+ and a pot, here cores the expensive part, STARTED at 1600G.

Numbers are comming from TarrenMill/Kazzak EU at launch of EN.
    Is this nonsense an excuse to bot? I'll never understand this lower prices because of botters argument. EVERYONE got a free lvl 100. Make a herb/mine druid. Done. You just wander around for a bit picking up flowers and rocks, and then find someone in guild or /2 with alchemy.

I see people "struggling" with consumables, while logging most of their time sitting in cities on their main babbling in /2, or on one of 23 sub lvl 80 alts scattered across 7 servers, and they are like "waaaah why don't I have gold or mats"? I don't know dude. I just don't know. >.>

Deleted
    Atleast i can farm in peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Daefish View Post
    Sounds like Joe and Jodie need a new guild. Any guild these days that can't afford to supply its members with flasks/food (seriously, most guilds have hundreds of thousands of gold in the gbank) isn't a guild worth being in. And if Joe and Jodie are in their guild for the social aspect, then they sound like assholes because their guildies don't want to raid with them.
    Right, so my guild is shit because I have to supply myself rofl. I'm sorry, but your statement is so wrong. I never defended botting. But it doesn't change the fact that shit was SOOOO expensive it was retarded. I think you'd need a reality check. Yes our Gbank has gold. But I can easily promise you, unless your a top guild that boosts. Your guild wont supply you with everything. Heck just to show how wrong you are, Serenity raiders has to bring everything themselves. My cousins guild top 140, has to bring it themselves too. Guess I'll also quit them.

Bringing flasks and food is the norm, it's not too much to ask for. But when shits too expensive but is mandatory.
    These day's Im washed, playing VRchat instead.

Well, it's always easy to celebrate these waves, but just a few weeks ago botting in BGs was at a peak again for the millionth time making for a miserable experience. It will happen again, and again and again. As long as Blizzard refuses to manually ban these people, people will take the systematic slap on the wrist and keep going.

But hey, any ban wave is welcome. BG queue times are very high now so it's not for nothing. I just wish they went about it differently and more effectively.

Deleted
    Still many BG bots :| so annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should also ban the accounts that had a money/item transaction with the bot account.

And all items, gold, gear removed from those characters as punishment.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Never stop, never stopping.
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) I am unstoppable

Bot Squad, where you at ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Quote Originally Posted by demonyaa View Post
    Then you should be banned. Period.
    I was over a year ago, and i havent botted since. I take my punishment, im not complaining.

How do you guys know people are botting in a BG? It's fucking impossible if it's the most popular bot. Bad people are way worse then the bots.

Also the mats for pots/food, you do need to farm for it, that is preparation. Doesn't take that long since you need to do a few world quests every day. If you really have limited time, but a pro casual who likes to mythic, there are guild that provide this for free, as they will invite people to their guild solely for farming, and boost them in HC raid later as a trade and thank you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    at least a quarter, at maximum who are banned during these waves were not bot-users at al
    Seems ur salty u got banned for botting, ppl who bot can ALL get fucked.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Ambulatory Cube View Post
    It's an ambitious endeavor, one I'd love for them to achieve, but I doubt they'll ever truly be able to get rid of bots. Smart botters bot on throw-away accounts anyway, so banning them does little but slow them down.
    I don't think rotation botters play on throw-away accounts. There is no gain on their main account by using a rotation bot on a throw-away one. Sure, botters that bot for gold has multiple accounts since they can transfer the gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanines View Post
    If your not braindead when botting, you'll NEVER EVER farm gold during this period, every decent botter and gold farmer that can think. Farmed herbs, when a Stormheim herb sold for 80g+ and dropped in 3's. Every single bot was farming them. I didn't see a single bot in the other spots, as it was a simple waste of time.
    Really are you serious here? Yeah no one was botting the starlight rose the single most sought after commodity in game? Nobody was, not at all. Please tell your story to someone else that might buy your bs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Farron69 View Post
    Never stop, never stopping.
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) I am unstoppable

Bot Squad, where you at ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

you know there would be a lot less botters if they hardware ban botters in woiw the same way to do with cheaters in overwatch

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮
    ~(˘▾˘~) (~˘▾˘)~

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Igi View Post
    Why don't they ban IP instead of an account? Botters just swap to another account after ban.
    Because with a little knowledge IP bans are super easy to bypass at no cost - same goes for MAC addresses.
    In addition honest players might be assigned one of the banned IPs as some ISPs change their customer's IPs regularly.
    All in all not a good idea.

Hardware based bans might be a better idea if you are looking for additional protection.

However I think if Blizzard keeps up the pace of ban waves simply banning accounts should be enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    you know there would be a lot less botters if they hardware ban botters in woiw the same way to do with cheaters in overwatch
    Yeah, I said earlier, that hasn't proven to be as effective as one would hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Yeah, I said earlier, that hasn't proven to be as effective as one would hope.
    explain please as overwatch isn't my type of game im just going going with the info i get from the net