Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Narwal View Post
    Not really, if you don't think it's the "network" behind putting the pundits of a particular slant on their payroll, you're blind.
    Punditry and reportage are two different things. Media leverages both typically.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    Left-leaning media fucking crucifies a right-leaning candidate, then whine after the election when the candidate calls them on their bullshit.

Apparently this is a surprise.
    Another baseless "left-leaning" charge. Keep being the victim of the big bad media, you and Trump are so pitiful. He's deluding you, it was a political ploy to rile you up so you ignore his lawsuits and his shitty cabinet appointments, and the free 2 billion in advertising the "liberal media" gave to his brand.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Cite the lies then.
    He can't because 90% of what the media has used has been his own quotes on either audio or video source.

I guess it's all locker room talk, right?

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    50m people voted for him because he was those things? Nope. That's absurd.

The media called him that 24/7 and people hate the media even more than Trump and are sick of identity politics and baseless claims. That enraged them enough to vote for him.
    Check the numbers again, it was a low turnout and some key demographics did not vote in numbers for HRC like they usually do for Democratic nominees. Regardless of that, less people voted for him overall. So it was not by any populist mandate that Trump won, he just won a shell game with the EC.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    If the left was allowed to delude themselves into thinking a Chicago Democrat wouldn't fuck them over with backroom deals, it's fair game that the right's allowed to delude themselves that a guy one leather jacket away from being a mafia boss won't either.
    The backroom deals that got us no denial due to pre-existing conditions or the medicare expansion? Oh wait, maybe the backroom deals for more stringent emission standards on vehicles. Maybe it's the backroom deals on Iran's nuclear program and the Paris climate change accord. Those backroom deals?

I hate the bias of the mainstream media!!!!!!!! Allow me to introduce my right hand man, Steve Bannon.....

Conservative Hypocrisy™
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    He can't because 90% of what the media has used has been his own quotes on either audio or video source.

I guess it's all locker room talk, right?
    I know. As soon as the honeymoon wears off and the people get to see the real DJT and that his policies are not good for the country, he might resign before 4 years due to the unfavorable criticism of him that he cannot be insulated from. We all know what happens when he get criticized.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Problem is that he has the head of Breitbart in his cabinet. If he starts condemning all main stream media but throws Breitbart praise and bones, that's a big stepping stone to a government sponsored media.

That's why this is concerning.
    That's exactly what he is doing. He set them up so Breitbart could get the initial scoop of the "firing squad". He's extracting more wealth from his base and the media for his own benefit. He's using the free media for his brand.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    Left-leaning media fucking crucifies a right-leaning candidate, then whine after the election when the candidate calls them on their bullshit.

Apparently this is a surprise.
    You might suffer from amnesia but he has called them out many many times. As a candidate and even after winning the election. Surprise is that he is still doing it. He is still campaigning. He clearly believes that he can control the narrative and tell people whatever even if wall doesn't happen or jobs are not created. He is about to learn that lot of "white voters" mght get bored with his message when he doesn't deliver on anything and likely gets impeached.

Well, if this was an off the record meeting. Why is the NY post reporting it? It seems that the media is still throwing their tantrum. I'm not a Trump fan, but I think it is great that he is giving the media a hard way to go. They did all they could to paint him as Satan and it didn't work. They went all in, and now they have to pay for that. Just like the Dems and the Republicans both need figure out what their messages are and how to get back in touch with the real world. I think the US media needs to reel itself back in and stop thinking they are the true defenders of Liberty in America.

I rooting for a massive shake up all around.

NYP "Bag Men" incident, several massivly exaggerated headlines in various cases (that in some cases got reverted), general media bias [not reporting both sides], other false accusations, faked news against GM (gas tank explosion, they used explosives, cannot remember who) and many more... The media takes sides, spreading half truths - it's been this way for ages. If you believe in everything the media says - go ahead, not my problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    The backroom deals that got us no denial due to pre-existing conditions or the medicare expansion? Oh wait, maybe the backroom deals for more stringent emission standards on vehicles. Maybe it's the backroom deals on Iran's nuclear program and the Paris climate change accord. Those backroom deals?
    The backroom deals that made the price of used cars increase by 300%, the backroom deals which made the majority of new ACA money line the pockets of insurance companies instead of healthcare providers, the backroom deals which essentially gave Iran a free hand in which to pursue nuclear power. Oh and, lest we forget, the backroom deals to recapitalize the financial system who then proceeded to pay themselves large bonuses for...I guess tanking the global economy. Paris was aight, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Goodgoy View Post
    About time the lying media get treated like they deserve! Go Trump!
    Nope. The media is actually biased for Trump having given him billions of dollars of free air time. They paid little attention to his massive fraud, conflicts of interest, and corruption, while they were so obsessed and biased about Hillary's emails (in the end, there was nothing), it got more coverage than every policy issue combined.

Of course Trump is yelling at and attacking the media because:

1. He's a sensitive snowflake and can't handle his feelings getting hurt by the media.

2. Attacking the media makes it easier to con his uneducated, fawning supporters. He can lie to them and they will believe it if they distrust the media.

3. Playing the referee is a successful strategy. By making already pro-Trump coverage look biased against him, he makes the media produce even more sympathetic coverage to preempt his criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    If the left was allowed to delude themselves into thinking a Chicago Democrat wouldn't fuck them over with backroom deals, it's fair game that the right's allowed to delude themselves that a guy one leather jacket away from being a mafia boss won't either.
    Oh you mean the backroom deals that the gang of 6, including 3 republicans that drafted the ACA after a year of negotiating? The same Bill that the republicans claim they had no time to read, when there was communication on it internally for over a year. Please, the republicans had every chance to make it a better plan and chose to gut it into a weaker version of what is could have been. Agreed upon it, then refused to vote on it. That backroom deal?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Another baseless "left-leaning" charge. Keep being the victim of the big bad media, you and Trump are so pitiful. He's deluding you, it was a political ploy to rile you up so you ignore his lawsuits and his shitty cabinet appointments, and the free 2 billion in advertising the "liberal media" gave to his brand.
    Yea, he's so pitful he made the liberal media and liberals look like the last kid picked at a kick-ball game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good the big media companies need a reality check.

Deleted
    I know. As soon as the honeymoon wears off and the people get to see the real DJT and that his policies are not good for the country, he might resign before 4 years due to the unfavorable criticism of him that he cannot be insulated from. We all know what happens when he get criticized.
    Lot's of angry tweets coming up, he's going to have to hire a team to run the country because he'll be too busy on twitter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    Good the big media companies need a reality check.
    They don't and they won't get a reality check. The only one that's going to get a reality check is donald trump.

Oh you mean the backroom deals that the gang of 6, including 3 republicans that drafted the ACA after a year of negotiating? The same Bill that the republicans claim they had no time to read, when there was communication on it internally for over a year. Please, the republicans had every chance to make it a better plan and chose to gut it into a weaker version of what is could have been. Agreed upon it, then refused to vote on it. That backroom deal?
    It's precisely those backroom deals with Republicans which gave us a shittier Act, so yes, I'm criticizing Obama for kowtowing to people who never wanted to play ball with him in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are we now celebrating lack of transparency in a president?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    I hate the bias of the mainstream media!!!!!!!! Allow me to introduce my right hand man, Steve Bannon.....

Conservative Hypocrisy™
    Breitbart is satire, though. It's provocative and the authors don't claim otherwise. In fact one of their writer said that Breitbart was made to make people rethink what they know, but that some people will spin it out of proportions without second thoughts.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..