Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Atonement View Post
    If you can get the Seedpod from Nythendra, it isn't nerfed for disc and does great AoE dps and is a nice healing boost on large trash pulls.

Otherwise it's hard to say. For raid bosses, mana trinkets would still come out top for dps, because without them you'd probably go OOM and would loose a lot of dps.
    For dungeons, it's less straight forward. At the same ilvl, stat trinkets would come out ahead in terms of dps, especially for "AoE" (by which i mean divine star and multidotting). For single target, it's hard to say; the swarming plague-hive isn't terrible because it's got a lot of haste and the proc isn't super shitty (still about 66% weaker than for dps specs though), usually adds 3-5% damage on single target. A single target dps trinket with haste or crit (or maybe even versatility) won't be too bad, otherwise a stat trinket will be better.
    AoE trinkets are particularly terrible, as they received excessive nerfing because blizzard finds it necessary to try to keep them comparable to "single target" healing trinkets.
    That's good to know, especially about the Seedpod. Thanks a lot. I'm using a chrono shard and a stat stick right now, but I will try out plaguehive and stuff. I just started playing disc in mythic+ and daily heroic so I'm not very good at it at all, pretty bad actually. Tried to raid with it too, and did horribly haha, but it's a fun spec IMO, so I definitely want to get better at it. Dungeons are mainly where I plan to play it though, so I want to just be able to output as much damage as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinze View Post
    I am aware, but that means it wasn't a waste on that fight though. Which was really the only difficult fight during progression anyway.
    Yes, but one encounter should not be enough justification to have a trait mostly useless everwhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Yes, but one encounter should not be enough justification to have a trait mostly useless everwhere else.
    It's 0.5% to 1% passive healing on pretty much every encounter, but a 1 point non-dragon trait that does that is apparently useless even though it's so much better than quite a few traits out there, like Speed of the Pious, Burst of Light, Darkest Shadows and Taming the Shadows.

Share in the Light is definitely very much worth speccing into unlike the feelycrafters here like to claim:

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post

And from there, just grab the Rapture talent and head towards the Barrier talent. Speed of the Pious is also pretty nice.

Do NOT get Share In The Light. It's an absolute garbage noob trap.
    ^
    Like this is just plain rubbish and poor advice.

P.S. I am assuming we are talking about raids here so I hope you don't do one of your usual goalpost shifting and talk about other content.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    P.S. I am assuming we are talking about raids here so I hope you don't do one of your usual goalpost shifting and talk about other content.
    Yes, we are talking about raids, no need for your usual personal attacks.
    Doesn't it ever occur to you to just stop after making a valid point or is the flaming all that interests you and the content of your posts is just an afterthought to weasle out of bans?

I greatly enjoy share in the light and find it a useful investment of my AP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't it ever occur to you to just stop after making a valid point or is the flaming all that interests you and the content of your posts is just an afterthought to weasle out of bans?
    He has to provide the keks for the likes of casual shitters like me.
    Arthas Logs] | Azgalor Logs | Twitch | Pearl91#1607
    "I am a chemical engineer. To save time, lets just assume that I am never wrong."

Probably because you don't seem to have a good track record at following the topic, so I was just taking precautionary measures in advance.

And no, criticizing your modus operandi(i.e. your usual actions), is definitely the polar opposite of "personal attacks", but as usual, I see you still do not distinguish between the two.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Probably because you don't seem to have a good track record at following the topic, so I was just taking precautionary measures in advance.

And no, criticizing your modus operandi(i.e. your usual actions), is definitely the polar opposite of "personal attacks", but as usual, I see you still do not distinguish between the two.
    There was nothing precautionary about it, you just had the urge to make an personal attack on someone and since there was nothing readily available in the last few posts you tried some of your standard attacks to stir some trouble.
    You really are a sore looser, still holding a grudge from back in 2013 when you first came to this forum and were told off for trolling, you have become better with including some facts in your posts but your main motivation to post at all has hardly changed in all this time.
    Last edited by Noradin; 2016-11-23 at 08:43 AM.

You could have taken your own advice on this one.
    Yes, we are talking about raids,
    Could have stopped here
    no need for your usual personal attacks.
    or here
    Doesn't it ever occur to you to just stop after making a valid point
    Or even here really.
    Any of those would have been good moments to get back to the actual topic, the part where you were debating the value of the Share in the Light trait, you know, like the stuff that the rest of us actually want to hear.

But nooo, fast forward a few posts and this is where we end up:
    You really are a sore looser, still holding a grudge from back in 2013 when you first came to this forum and were told off for trolling, you have become better with including some facts in your posts but your main motivation to post at all has hardly changed in all this time.
    Which, imo, is easily the most personal attack in this entire exchange.

You both make valid points. Noradin, I've been around here long enough to say that he's right, you do tend to either intentionally or unintentionally 'shift goalposts' by making points regarding different contexts to the main debate.
    And PosPosPos, I don't think anyone on this forum would refute that you tend to add something inflammatory to your posts, whether it's a result of your typical bluntness or a more intentional insult doesn't change the fact.

You two can stop flaming each other at some point and I promise the rest of us won't mind.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    How exactly do y'all get by as Disc in ToV? Every time I'm in a group with a Disc, they end up doing horrible HPS and running out of mana really quickly.

I tried out Disc on N Odyn, 4-healing 16-man. Throughout the fight I just kinda threw out Atonements and did what little healing I could, and even though I felt like I didn't contribute much, I ended up #1 by far at only 203k hps. So...I guess the other healers just sucked or something. What is the general strategy here, though? It's such a long fight that I feel like Disc's mana just can't take it. I was completely OOM just before the boss died, and this is on Normal. With Promises/Spine. I can't imagine lasting even halfway through that fight on Heroic.
    As a side note, smaller groups (10-20) are a lot easier to heal for disc, because you can get a higher % raid coverage more easily and with less mana.

Odyn is really good for disc, you prepburst the unerring blasts, and using contrition they should carry over into the next mechanic (Horn of Valor in P1, Shatters in P2). Mana is fine as long as you're careful not to Plea above 6 Atonements and don't smite too much. Innervates will help (and this isn't specific to disc, all top rankings have innervates, doesn't matter what spec), as do mana trinkets (again, all specs high rankings tend to use mana trinkets).

If you weren't already you also want to spec Shield Discipline (not mindbender or solace) and also Contrition or ToF if you think you'll get good uptime (not PI). Mana potion as well (leytorrent at the end of phase 1 is a good time to do it as there's about 6 seconds of roleplay shit before he actually starts doing anything).

The trick with disc on long fights is making sure you don't overconsume mana early by ensuring you don't spam smite outside of burst, try not to cast PWR on targets you already have Atonement on and make the most of Rapture (which is now an extremely mana efficient cooldown with Shield Discipline, and even better with Spine). You can increase hpm outside your burst by multidotting in phase 1 instead of spamming smite.

Guarm is really straightforward, you burst on the breaths, and between you Atone people with the absorb or fire debuff. Barrier during one of the charges and do another burst on that charge.

Helya has been really messy the few times I've done it, and doesn't have any really obvious burst phases, so I won't try to offer any advice because I'm honestly not sure myself
    Disc Priests: Just 2 mana trinkets away from becoming Withered

It would be nice if we got away from using HPS to determine value. The value of Share in the Light is not particularly determined by the HPS it provides. Our job as healers is to keep people alive - it's the difference between life and death that *matters* for a healer - HPS only matters as a means to that end.

Share in the Light, is, effectively, a personal survival trait in multi-player content. Ideally, it can prevent the need to cast Shadow Mend, Plea, or PWS on oneself, and the use of PWR which can "passively" hit the Disc reduces the value of Share in the Light.

Because the actual value of Share in the Light is ultimately determined by whether it's presence saves a life and contributes to the difference between a wipe and a kill, it's very difficult to determine. For those in the community who can't accept uncertainty or anything that can't be completely metriced, this is unacceptable, so the "value" of Share in the Light becomes it's HPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunzi View Post
    It would be nice if we got away from using HPS to determine value. The value of Share in the Light is not particularly determined by the HPS it provides. Our job as healers is to keep people alive - it's the difference between life and death that *matters* for a healer - HPS only matters as a means to that end.

Share in the Light, is, effectively, a personal survival trait in multi-player content. Ideally, it can prevent the need to cast Shadow Mend, Plea, or PWS on oneself, and the use of PWR which can "passively" hit the Disc reduces the value of Share in the Light.

Because the actual value of Share in the Light is ultimately determined by whether it's presence saves a life and contributes to the difference between a wipe and a kill, it's very difficult to determine. For those in the community who can't accept uncertainty or anything that can't be completely metriced, this is unacceptable, so the "value" of Share in the Light becomes it's HPS.
    It's a trait that lessens the healing demand on yourself. So obviously you have to determine the hps in order to see how much self-healing you are saving by having the trait up.

I wish share the light would put atonement on you, but I guess that would make that legendary pretty useless. At the moment it only does about 1-2% of my total healing over the course of a whole fight.

It's a trait that lessens the healing demand on yourself. So obviously you have to determine the hps in order to see how much self-healing you are saving by having the trait up.
    As all five other healing specs can tell you last expansion, that isn't true. A shield has HPS priority for incoming damage, which is why WoD Disc was so high on the HPS meter. It was *priority* that made WoD Disc OP, not throughput.

Likewise, Share in the Light has HPS priority for incoming damage over atonement, or Plea, or Shadow Mend, and maybe even over PWS. In other words, it causes even more overhealing (on oneself) - much of it's hps would otherwise be healed through atonement or by another healer.

I'm not saying it's bad - it's extra survivability. But it's HPS priority makes it appear better on the meters than it really is.
    Last edited by Yunzi; 2016-11-25 at 12:04 AM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's all going to be moot point in couple weeks anyway. Even with fairly relaxed AP farming, we'll have Share in the Light along with every other talent without losing anything. With that, it will become a free 50-100k absorb every time you use PW:S. Depending on boss fight, this can have nearly 100% effective healing or be a complete waste... except it's not really a waste if it doesn't cost mana. It's nothing amazing, but sometimes every little bit helps and you might just happen to survive some boss mechanics thanks to that. Or maybe someone else will, since you didn't need healing and it could be focused elsewhere.

It's certainly better than the holy version, which is just awkward when connected to a four minute cooldown.

As all five other healing specs can tell you last expansion, that isn't true. A shield has HPS priority for incoming damage, which is why WoD Disc was so high on the HPS meter. It was *priority* that made WoD Disc OP, not throughput.
    No, the additional health pool was what made WoD Disc OP, not this ridiculous priority crap.

Likewise, Share in the Light has HPS priority for incoming damage over atonement, or Plea, or Shadow Mend, and maybe even over PWS. In other words, it causes even more overhealing (on oneself) - much of it's hps would otherwise be healed through atonement or by another healer.
    Hint: You get to atonement yourself less and atonement other people more. Shocking, I know.

I'm not saying it's bad - it's extra survivability. But it's HPS priority makes it appear better on the meters than it really is.
    A ridiculous assertion that makes no sense whatsoever just to have a "unique" opinion, why am I not surprised Yunzi.

No, the additional health pool was what made WoD Disc OP, not this ridiculous priority crap.
    That's not what the other healers believe. They were bothered by their heals not taking effect until the PWS was used up. In other words, that their heals were a lower priority than the PWS, along with PWS having only the GCD cooldown so that they constantly felt that they were the 2nd healer behind the Disc. Not *worse* than the Disc, but healing *after* the Disc, time and time again.

Whereas every other healer had to succeed in sniping, Disc bypassed the sniping process entirely through its priority-based healing.

But I'm sure all those other healers are simply wrong and you can inform them of the "correct" reason why WoD Disc was OP.

Deleted
    The situation you describe is only a problem if your objective is to reach high HPS values, which ... I mean ... if that is your goal, go for it. If you want to log rank 1 parses then sure those interactions are important considerations. For the people around wanting to actually kill bosses, I don't think they actually need to worry about this.

As someone who has tanked as a Blood DK during WoD, the difference between having a Disc Priest or not on Tyrant was basically night and day. Why? Because they could shield you over your ridiculously small health pool in P2 and 3. They didn't rank highest on the fight, but they were the key, if you were running suboptimal tanks. They also allowed people with damage reductions to solo soak black holes on Xhul'Horac, by extending their health pool with PWS and CoW. So yes, Disc was great because they were nearly perfect tank heals and helped cheese mechanics a lot. That they also could look really good on meters probably helped when pugging, but was rather meaningless on progression.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    It's all going to be moot point in couple weeks anyway. Even with fairly relaxed AP farming, we'll have Share in the Light along with every other talent without losing anything. With that, it will become a free 50-100k absorb every time you use PW:S. Depending on boss fight, this can have nearly 100% effective healing or be a complete waste... except it's not really a waste if it doesn't cost mana. It's nothing amazing, but sometimes every little bit helps and you might just happen to survive some boss mechanics thanks to that. Or maybe someone else will, since you didn't need healing and it could be focused elsewhere.

It's certainly better than the holy version, which is just awkward when connected to a four minute cooldown.
    In a few weeks? I've already got 32/34. Most people who've been regularly playing disc as a main have at least 30 by now, and since Share in the Light should be the 28th or 29th trait you get (depending on whether you choose Speed of the Pious or Share in the Light first), most should have it by now. Share is basically a free 1-2% of your healing on any fight with constant damage (Cenarius, Nythendra, Ursoc, Dragons, Mythic Ilgynoth), so there's no reason to scoff at it, especially not compared to the true uselessness that is Taming the Shadows (this trait is literally a hps loss if you take Masochism i.e., in pvp), and is a negligible damage decrease in any given situation.
    Disc Priests: Just 2 mana trinkets away from becoming Withered

10+ Year Old Account
    That's not what the other healers believe. They were bothered by their heals not taking effect until the PWS was used up. In other words, that their heals were a lower priority than the PWS, along with PWS having only the GCD cooldown so that they constantly felt that they were the 2nd healer behind the Disc. Not *worse* than the Disc, but healing *after* the Disc, time and time again.

Whereas every other healer had to succeed in sniping, Disc bypassed the sniping process entirely through its priority-based healing.

But I'm sure all those other healers are simply wrong and you can inform them of the "correct" reason why WoD Disc was OP.
    You're actually dumb if you think sniping heals!!111! was the reason why disc was op in WoD.

Disc did the most healing in the game before HFC, and gave you a higher effective hp pool. After Disc hps went into the dumpster in 6.2, following the continual nerfs, they remained relevant due to absorbs.
    Last edited by Supliftz; 2016-11-27 at 05:39 AM.

I am sure at one point the majority of humanity believed that the world is flat, and I suppose if you were alive in that era you would also validate their mistaken belief.