Page 52 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by redfella View Post
    We got Mythic Odyn down tonight and from my experience Fiery Brand seems bugged. Whenever I had 100% HP and just used Empower Wards for the raid damage portion and Demon Spikes for the spear itself, I'd end up dropping to around 10-30% HP depending on how far I got from him. During the evening the two times I used Fiery Brand + Empower Wards to save a Demon Spikes charge I got oneshot from 100%, so it would seem that either the damage reduce from Fiery Brand requires us to be in certain range of the attacker, or the spear is just shittily coded as it's own unit or something, and reducing damage done by Odyn to us doesn't affect the spear.

Regardless, we can do the encounter just fine, EW+DS for each spear and if you aren't topped, fallback to Metamorphosis or Last Resort.
    All right, could you take a look at this then please so it's not just anecdotal? Running just Demon Spikes when the spear hits me, I was getting hit for 4.5 million. Besides not being healed to full (ignore being bad, fight is kind of rough in 10H), what else should I have done? You can see how far I was here. We tried the strat where one person just stays further away and taunts to get afflicted with the debuff. I think logs processed the death weirdly cause you can see I cast Demon Spikes 3 seconds before I died and was even in metamorphosis.

Is there something funky where you have to cast active mitigation/cooldowns when he targets you with the ability not when it hits you? I'm really at a loss for why DS + EW alone can let you survive in mythic where DS alone hits me for more than max HP in heroic 10.

HC scaling might be weird. I'll probably dig at logs a bit tomorrow. If I can make any conclusions I'll post here.
    Quote Originally Posted by a wiser man
    Tanking should not exist just to let healers and dps have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coramac
    If a monk has 200k DTPS and 200k HPS in hots on him, does anyone hear when he purifies?
    WeakAura sets with Rotation Helpers: Vengeance - Brewmaster

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

Deleted
    After getting my first m Odyn spears tonight (casual guild yooooo) I can safely tell you something's wrong with heroic spears (at least in a raid with 20+ people). I was taking more damage in heroic (to the point where it was purgatory -> death if no externals), and I can take the M ones very easily by comparison.

All right I feel a little better then that it's not just happening to me. I'll submit a bug report linking my logs in case it is actually bugged and I'm not just screwing something up.

Deleted
    Didn't experience any supposed "bug" with fiery brand on odyn mythic. whenever i used fiery brand + DS, I dropped to like 90% (wearing legendary necklace for this encounter since it's perfect for stuff like spears).

also--in case it hasn't been mentioned before--solo tanking guarm on mythic is easy enough as DH. only wearing 878ilvl due to rings etc. and no problems at all. you get to over 300k hps on that one with proper SC timing.

@Himea: could you link logs? I want to compare my FB use to yours.
    If a monk has 200k DTPS and 200k HPS in hots on him, does anyone hear when he purifies?

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

Deleted
    @Himea: could you link logs? I want to compare my FB use to yours.
    our logs are private during progress unfortunately. I can't see how anyone would do anything different from me though--I apply FB before jumping away and pop DS, that's it. just looked it up and got ~1.3m dmg from spears I had FB up on. the 1 spear I had nothing up on (except DS obviously) and no externals either hit me for 2.7m in constrast.

Deleted
    DHs are going to be kings 7.1.5. 10% more stamina and 100% armor in metamorphosis... ALso metamorphosis will give empowered shear which has 100% chance to spawn a soul fragment. You are like 3-4 times more likely to trigger another metamorphosis while in meta morph cuz of more soul fragments which trigger fueled by pain. THats so welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by djambalaz View Post
    DHs are going to be kings 7.1.5. 10% more stamina and 100% armor in metamorphosis... ALso metamorphosis will give empowered shear which has 100% chance to spawn a soul fragment. You are like 3-4 times more likely to trigger another metamorphosis while in meta morph cuz of more soul fragments which trigger fueled by pain. THats so welcome!
    I think people are saying Fueld by Pain is 1 PPM based so absorbing more fragments won't matter. Should have ~8% uptime regardless if it's 1 PPM.

Quote Originally Posted by Himea View Post
    our logs are private during progress unfortunately. I can't see how anyone would do anything different from me though--I apply FB before jumping away and pop DS, that's it. just looked it up and got ~1.3m dmg from spears I had FB up on. the 1 spear I had nothing up on (except DS obviously) and no externals either hit me for 2.7m in constrast.
    Can you check if you put it up before you were targeted by the ability (indicating you should run away) or if you put it up after you were targeted?

Edit: I'm wondering if some of the strange discrepancies people are seeing is if there are two damage calculations, i.e. overall DR is calculated when targeted by the ability (so Demon Spikes/Fiery Brand/whatever reduce it) and then distance based DR is calculated when it actually hits you.
    Last edited by grizzlysaurusrex; 2016-11-22 at 03:54 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pay928 View Post
    I think people are saying Fueld by Pain is 1 PPM based so absorbing more fragments won't matter. Should have ~8% uptime regardless if it's 1 PPM.
    Thats not possible. Its not proc per minute. The tooltip on the spell description says it procs "approximately once per minute" but if you look at warcraft logs you see it often proccing twice per minute. I've often have it proc twice per minute too.

That's because you don't know how RPPM works. It can and will proc more often, just as it can and will proc less often. It will average out to 1 a minute. It does this by adjusting the chance to proc so that it is lower when the ability just proced or when there are a lot of chances, but higher when it's been a while or there are few chances. You can look up the actual equation if you're curious.
    Orloth SilverEye
    <Demon Hunter Moderator>
    "I am my scars."

Deleted
    Well one way or another good is that painbringer will be up 100% uptime while in meta. It turns out meta will have 45% hp, 100% armor, and 100% uptime on painbringer cuz of imba spam!

Except Spirit Bomb sadly doesn't trigger Painbringer.

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

Quote Originally Posted by djambalaz View Post
    Well one way or another good is that painbringer will be up 100% uptime while in meta. It turns out meta will have 45% hp, 100% armor, and 100% uptime on painbringer cuz of imba spam!
    And for the other 75% of the fight?

If you think a bit of stamina, and a change to a rarely up ability is going to make the spec turn into "kings" overnight, you're sorely mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Delimit View Post
    And for the other 75% of the fight?

If you think a bit of stamina, and a change to a rarely up ability is going to make the spec turn into "kings" overnight, you're sorely mistaken.
    Aye. Tuning knob is turning into the right direction, but we still lack the bass boost the big boys have.

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

10+ Year Old Account
    The 100% uptime on Painbringer during Meta feels like overkill, when you're already reaping the benefits of extra armor, extra health, extra souls and extra Pain. Rather than pouring everything into a 3m cooldown, I wish we got some boost to mitigation outside of Meta.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Aye. Tuning knob is turning into the right direction, but we still lack the bass boost the big boys have.
    It's honestly a nerf, while new meta is definitely stronger 400k hp means jack shit and they're making Veng pick between their 2 best oh shit moment abilities.

Veng is stronger now then it will be post changes, if they stay as is.

Anyone else not want to tank anymore?

DH buffsish thing are alright and nighthold tier looks good but god damn i dislike this shit now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    Anyone else not want to tank anymore?

DH buffsish thing are alright and nighthold tier looks good but god damn i dislike this shit now.
    Generally unhappy about where tanking is this expansion, yes.

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>