Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    this one is also very "I fetishize a country i don't live in"

well, thread asks for another country, so it is more likely a country you were not born in or living yet ?
    and what is wrong with Switzerland anyway ? 725 years and not a single invasion into other countries, impressive HDI and stable as the Matterhorn itself.
    Last edited by ranzino; 2016-11-22 at 04:10 PM.

I like Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, I don't pretend that Japan is some magical anime world
    And where does he say he thinks it's a magical anime world?

It's pretty much the definition of weeb. Someone who doesn't realise japan is plagued with various social/economic issues etc. then you're a weeb.

this whole "it has 3 okay things that are better than where i live that must mean it's like the best place in the world" idea is so wrong.
    He never said anything about his knowledge about various social/economic issues etc. The thread question is simply where he would choose to live if he was forced to leave his current country. A light-hearted thread without much thought beyond the first glance.

Every country has heaps wrong with it when you look at them and Japan is no different. I bet I could end up miserable in Scotland too for all I know.
    Last edited by Cariboulou; 2016-11-22 at 04:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninji
    "lets loose quik" is the only alliance pride I am aware of

No I'm not.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    You listed three things that were good with it and decided it would be the best place in the world to live?
    So basically what everyone here is doing? Oh wait, they don't say Japan, so it's clearly something entirely different.

Canada, It's pretty much America.

England, New Zealand, or Australia seem like the reasonable choices.

It's pretty much the definition of weeb. Someone who doesn't realise japan is plagued with various social/economic issues etc. then you're a weeb.

this whole "it has 3 okay things that are better than where i live that must mean it's like the best place in the world" idea is so wrong.

OK since you clearly don't understand the definition of "weeb", I'll let you believe whatever you want about it.

And please, tell me where I said Japan is "the best place in the world". I said I thought it would be a decent place to live.

I don't know what got you so riled up to come in here and start insulting me for no good reason. Are you just looking for people to hate right now or something? The first thread I make on this forum and you come in here and derail it with some asinine assumption of me being a "weeb".

- - - Updated - - -

"Japan is a neat country" = Weeb
    Please educate yourself.

Switzerland, easily. The US of Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Scotland..
    Not sure if it was said yet, but a country ony in the same respect that Texas is a country, which is isn't (at least not currently).

Quote Originally Posted by Hiricine View Post
    Switzerland, easily. The US of Europe.

Not sure if it was said yet, but a country ony in the same respect that Texas is a country, which is isn't (at least not currently).
    What does that even mean? Are you actually saying Scotland is not a country lol

Would say Scotland in a heartbeat if they would secede. Doesn't matter that the economy is rather poor, people are super friendly and the landscape is amazing.

But since they wont, Sweden is the way to go. Followed by Canada.

Does Singapore count?

Or maybe Russia or China.
    Last edited by Thes; 2016-11-22 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindris View Post
    OK since you clearly don't understand the definition of "weeb", I'll let you believe whatever you want about it.

And please, tell me where I said Japan is "the best place in the world". I said I thought it would be a decent place to live.

I don't know what got you so riled up to come in here and start insulting me for no good reason. Are you just looking for people to hate right now or something? The first thread I make on this forum and you come in here and derail it with some asinine assumption of me being a "weeb".
    Seems he's just polishing his edge. That or he's got some proper blinders on considering he only chose to go after people who responded Japan and forgot that every country has issues to deal with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninji
    "lets loose quik" is the only alliance pride I am aware of

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    So basically what everyone here is doing? Oh wait, they don't say Japan, so it's clearly something entirely different.
    I mean choosing a country that you know little of, kinda makes you a [Insert derogatory word that replaces weeb].

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I could always choose Wales as I come from there and speak the language.

But I'd mix it up and choose France, specifically Brittany.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account

and there are hundreds of countries. Picking japan is just a weeby thing to do.
    you gave a comment about CH Also weeby to pick the lovely bastion of schoggi, cheese and pocket knives ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiricine View Post
    Scotland is a country that is part of another country. Ditto for England and Norn Iron.

Wales is debatable.

Deleted
    I would go to Iceland or Finland, probably Canada or Scotland or Ireland.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thes View Post
    Does Singapore count?
    umm, it's an independent country. of course it counts.

Canada, preferably Ontario. I am familiar with the area, already live reasonably close, and have friends there.

If you were forced to choose a country to live in why would you not pick what you considered the best?

You're idealising a country. I think that's wrong no matter what country is the target. It's just often that people think Japan is some paradise.

I know what a weeb is. Idealising japanese culture is a major part of it.
    I think the USA is the best country to live in. That doesn't mean I'm idealizing it. I also think Australia would be a great place to live, and I've actually been there. Japan seems nice to me, but I'm certainly not idealizing it. I'm aware of some of its flaws.

I don't think Japan is a paradise, I can acknowledge it has problems like any other country. I think the USA is arguably the best country to live in. That is, arguably. Because again, I'm not idealizing it. I can acknowledge its flaws.

So please, stop throwing around the term "weeb", because you clearly don't understand what it means. And apparently, you don't know what idealizing means either, because you're accusing me of doing it, and I'm clearly not.

Let me know when you're done on your high horse.