Deleted

Stats priority - havoc

I think is necessary to clarify the stats priority. Many DHs of major guild go full mastery (Fragnance for example), zero vers and bit of haste; in many other cases, there are DHs with incredible amount of haste, low mastery and low versatility. So, is correct this progression Crit > Vers > Haste > Mastery?

Mastery increse Chaos Damage (CS and Anni mainly but doens't increse glaive's damage and DOT)

Versatility increase ALL damage but less then mastery.

Haste increase the numbers of AA and influence the proc of Demon Blade (+ haste --> + AA --> +DB proc --> + rage)

So, i need an ACCURATE explication about the stats priority.

PS: without leg ring, is advisable to raise haste to favor fury regeneration?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    The problem with simply looking at top Demon Hunters is the fact that sub-optimal gear is many times used due to the existence of titanforged/warforged. By this I mean that if a Crit/anything item drops with 895 ilvl + socket almost everyone will use it and most would even use a similar haste/mastery item. Vers/Haste/Mastery are generally within the margins of error, it really isn't THAT important.

In regards to the actual priority:

1. Crit is almost always the top stat, sometimes even passing agility; in outlier cases versatility *might* pass it.

2. Versatility is usually the second stat until you have an extremely small amount of Mastery in a CB build. Versatility generally scales better than Mastery because Vers%increase*%DMG_affected>Mast%Increase*DMG_affected; if we ever spec out of

3. For third stat you will have to simulate your character, Haste and Mastery seem to be very close and overtake one another based on your current Haste and Mastery level.

AotHG favour Haste more.

Deleted
    For example, with 880 itlv gear and without leg ring, whate are the % of stats? Now, with 877 itlv (i'm at 7/7 EN Myth and 3/3 ToV HC), i have:

- 48% crit
    - 10,44% haste
    - 14,13% mastery
    - 4,47% versatility

But, for simulation, Ask Mr Robot is a good platform? very smart and easy

I prefer simulationcraft to see it. If you need help with it, say it!

The stat priority values change slightly depending if you play with Fel Barrage or Chaos Blades. Chaos Blades obviously wants more mastery where as Fel Barrage favours Vers. Demon Blades wants haste.

If you have the legendary ring, the stat priority change slightly. It goes Crit > Haste >= Vers >= Mastery (according to simcraft). Crit will always be your best stat no matter what gear or talents you have. The rest are actually pretty close.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadroz View Post
    The stat priority values change slightly depending if you play with Fel Barrage or Chaos Blades. Chaos Blades obviously wants more mastery where as Fel Barrage favours Vers. Demon Blades wants haste.

If you have the legendary ring, the stat priority change slightly. It goes Crit > Haste >= Vers >= Mastery (according to simcraft). Crit will always be your best stat no matter what gear or talents you have. The rest are actually pretty close.
    Is mastery ever above vers? I don't think it is.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mitre27 View Post
    Is mastery ever above vers? I don't think it is.
    Generally no since a significant part of our damage comes from non-Chaos damage.

However, I've seen it go above versatility when I had close to zero mastery on my gear. It probably has to do with the scaling on Chaos Blades.

Chaos Blades Pawn string weights from Simulationcraft: CritRating=11.48, HasteRating=10.91, MasteryRating=10.11, Versatility=10.61
    Fel Barrage Pawn string weights from Simulationcraft: CritRating=10.81, HasteRating=9.12, MasteryRating=6.88, Versatility=9.82

You should really get used to running a simulation based off your character on Simulationcraft. Go to Simulationcraft.org, downloads. Download the latest version (I generally go to their night builds download page and download the latest latest). Import your character. Go to options and enable scaling and just toggle all character stats.

Then run the simulation. It will give you a "Pawn string" on the results page. Go to Curse, get the addon for WoW called "Pawn". Go in game, open Pawn, and click on Import. Copy the WHOLE string including the brackets and paste it in the box.

Now you can see item upgrades without having to do any calculations yourself or looking at weights. You need to rerun the simulation each time you get a new piece of gear as your weights shift slightly depending on the gear you gain (or artifact traits you unlock or the talents you use).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepwny View Post
    AotHG favour Haste more.
    No. Crit actually becomes even stronger and haste even weaker with the ring. Haste is pretty bad generation stat compared to crit, and yields poor DPS per point compared to most of the other stats. Crit is as good as it is for havoc because of it's throughput and generation abilities, as in more crits = more refunds = more CS's in a loop like that.
    Last edited by mmoc36ab626ca9; 2016-11-22 at 03:45 PM.

quickshot here, according to icy-veins, yeah i know but i thought they where atleast updated on DH:s and a reliable source.
    vengeance priostats are vers>haste and havoc is crit>vers???

Critical > Versatility > Mastery > Haste

Thx for sharing, just what I was looking for!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redtuzk View Post
    No. Crit actually becomes even stronger and haste even weaker with the ring. Haste is pretty bad generation stat compared to crit, and yields poor DPS per point compared to most of the other stats. Crit is as good as it is for havoc because of it's throughput and generation abilities, as in more crits = more refunds = more CS's in a loop like that.
    It actually pushes ahead of mastery on my current item set actually (though they are super close regardless making the choice mostly about crit/ilvl) but, as always, its always best to constantly sim your character, especially for a stat like haste that fluctuates greatly.
    Last edited by Littlepwny; 2016-11-22 at 05:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just want to piggyback on this and ask a question since I'm sure a lot of people here use SimC. What is your preferred import method? Right through the GUI or using the SimC addon. I used both and my results are pretty different.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

Quote Originally Posted by Redtuzk View Post
    I have the ring, I have quite high crit (47.60% + have eye of command) but haste is definitely my 2nd highest stat. Most of my gear is crit haste however. Should I try for more crit vers, or even crit mastery? My haste is at 13.06% currently and I also have bloodthirsty instinct on.

My dps is on no way low. I'm hitting 98th percentile on fights that im not even using potions or flasks on. So I'm not sure if It's that improtant that I should worry about changing stats.

There are points in fights where I'm overflowing with rage due to the ring being so op. I feel like I could stand to lose a bit of haste.
    Last edited by oodle; 2016-11-23 at 06:18 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    Just want to piggyback on this and ask a question since I'm sure a lot of people here use SimC. What is your preferred import method? Right through the GUI or using the SimC addon. I used both and my results are pretty different.
    I just copy-paste through the SimC addon and leave the program to auto-generate the rotation itself.

Quote Originally Posted by oodle View Post
    I have the ring, I have quite high crit (47.60% + have eye of command) but haste is definitely my 2nd highest stat. Most of my gear is crit haste however. Should I try for more crit vers, or even crit mastery? My haste is at 13.06% currently and I also have bloodthirsty instinct on.
    Do a Haste/Vers reforge plot with a significant Reforge Amont (2k or more based on your haste rating). I'd keep the step amount to 10% of the value otherwise it will take ages.

As you reduce haste, you will see a peek or multiple peaks of different value at the DPS; that point is the optimal position for haste/vers ratio. For my gearset, I have a peak at ~10%.
    Last edited by Littlepwny; 2016-11-23 at 09:18 AM.

1) SimC your stats weight
    2) Paste it into Pawn
    3) ...
    4) Profit!