Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Trump disavows 'alt-right' supporters

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-can...ource=facebook

Donald Trump has repudiated the fringe "alt-right" group that celebrated his election win with Nazi salutes.

In a far-ranging interview with the New York Times, the US president-elect was quoted as saying: "I condemn them. I disavow, and I condemn."
    He said he did not want to "energise" the group, which includes neo-Nazis, white nationalists and anti-Semites.

Alt-right supporters were filmed on Saturday in Washington DC cheering as a speaker shouted: "Hail Trump."

In the video, Richard Spencer, a leader of the "alt-right" movement, told a conference of members that America belongs to white people, whom he described as "children of the sun".

He denounced the movement's critics as "the most despicable creatures who ever walked the planet".
    "Hail Trump, hail our people, hail victory!" Spencer shouts at one point as some members of the audience raise their arms in the Nazi salute.

The gathering on Saturday drew protesters who blocked traffic around the Ronald Reagan Building, a federally owned conference centre in the nation's capital.

German Chancellor Angela Merkel expressed concern on Tuesday that Mr Trump's election victory could give succour to white supremacists.
    A senior official close to her described the "Hail Trump" video as "repulsive and worrying".

In Mr Trump's interview with the New York Times he addressed a range of topics:
    Son-in-law Jared Kushner - a real estate heir who has no experience of diplomacy - could help forge peace between Israel and Palestinians, he suggested
    The US should not be a "nation-builder" in the world, he argued

Earlier on Tuesday, Mr Trump's spokeswoman said he would not follow up on a campaign pledge to pursue a further inquiry into Hillary Clinton's emails.
    His adviser said the president-elect would not appoint a special prosecutor to investigate the former secretary of state, and dropping the matter would help her "heal".

Later, Mr Trump was quoted as telling the New York Times: "I don't want to hurt the Clintons, I really don't.
    "She went through a lot and suffered greatly in many different ways."

10+ Year Old Account
    Is Steve Bannon definitely off the cabinet, then?

You missed the part where he said he doesn't want to hurt the clintons but it's not off the table.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nazis don't like facts so they will most likely ignore this and tell (lie to) themselves that this is a giant troll by Trump.
    Black Lives Matter

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Is Steve Bannon definitely off the cabinet, then?
    It would show he's actually serious if he does that. Hard to see him doing that though.

As per usual with him, I imagine it was said with all the enthusiasm and earnestness displayed by Gene Wilder in this clip.

Because he keeps saying he disavows these people, but then puts their "leaders" like Bannon into top positions in his administration. You know, the whole actions speaking louder than words thing.

I still don't understand people who identify as alt right or support them. I mean, I may not agree with conservatives in general but the alt right doesn't even seem conservative. A bunch of them are literal neo nazis or people who are overly concerned about certain amendments without fully understanding them.

Some kissless incels LARPing as nazis = the entire alt-right

ok

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tragedia View Post
    Nazis don't like facts so they will most likely ignore this and tell (lie to) themselves that this is a giant troll by Trump.
    I do suspect their will be some understanding either implied or acknowledged outright by members of that particular ideology that Trump sort of has to say this but secretly hes with them keep the dream alive.

Good news trump supporters! Looks like locking her up will go alongside drain the swamp and build the wall as further proof that your vote was cast in pure ignorance. None of these things are gonna happen!! Enjoy 4 years of republican rule as your living standards decline and the manufacturing jobs dont return.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Herradura View Post
    Some kissless incels LARPing as nazis = the entire alt-right

ok
    What would you say makes up the rest of the Alt Right? I know not everyone who identifies as such is necessarily racist, neo nazis, etc. But there's a significant amount who are, so they are rightfully criticized as such.

What about the alt right attracts people who may not be those things? Is it lack of trust in the media, something else..?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lazypeon100 View Post
    I still don't understand people who identify as alt right or support them. I mean, I may not agree with conservatives in general but the alt right doesn't even seem conservative. A bunch of them are literal neo nazis or people who are overly concerned about certain amendments without fully understanding them.
    The coservatives have been race and fear baiting for years. It used to be called the southern strategy. The clinton camp utterly failed to rub their noses in it.
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    I do suspect their will be some understanding either implied or acknowledged outright by members of that particular ideology that Trump sort of has to say this but secretly hes with them keep the dream alive.

Good news trump supporters! Looks like locking her up will go alongside drain the swamp and build the wall as further proof that your vote was cast in pure ignorance. None of these things are gonna happen!! Enjoy 4 years of republican rule as your living standards decline and the manufacturing jobs dont return.
    So we get 4 more years of Obama? Sweet!

What campaign promises did he keep, anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Saladbar View Post
    Wink nod...
    added....Fingers crossed, behind his back.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herradura View Post
    So we get 4 more years of Obama? Sweet!

What campaign promises did he keep, anyway?
    I always find this line of argument odd. For 8 years obama was getting hammered and now all of a sudden when you point out some rather glaring facts about trump Obama is now the standard? I thought you guys hated obama. Saying Trump cant do better? It also doesnt even acknowledge the point I made.
    The hammer comes down:

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll believe it when he fires Steve Bannon and Jeff Sessions. Probably a few others too.

- - - Updated - - -

OK, the very first one there, I'm calling bullshit:

Obama went after Snowden hard for his revelations about xkeyscore and other digital surveillance programs. He's been one of the biggest proponents of governments not having to respect our digital privacy rights, so I'm sorry, but I consider that promise very much unmet.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    /shrug

I don't think going after Snowden is necessarily an anti-privacy stance, but that's largely going to hinge on what people feel about the appropriateness of Snowden's actions.
    Regardless of going after Snowden, Obama supports the programs he exposed, which are about as anti-digital privacy as you can get.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

The alt right shall inherit the earth

7+ Year Old Account
    Trump condemns the people in the video because he doesn't like their behavior. But to say he disavows all alt-right ideas and supporters is a misrepresentation. He has some progressive ideas and some right wing ideas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    The alt right shall inherit the earth
    They should stay off my meme boards. They are still recovering from 9gag syndrome.