Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    For someone who wasn't even aware of how instancing works in SC you're making a lot of guarantees here....
    I am well aware of how the instances work. Or at least how they want them to work in 2020 if the game launches.

Look, SC would have been a great game if they just stuck to the original pitch. It is too bad that Chris couldn't help going back to Hollywood with SC's money after failing there on his own. Then he stuck his wife in alongside the A-list actors. It is hilarious to think about that in hindsight, considering that they tried to keep their marriage a secret to the community.

When SC comes crashing down at least I can say that I was on the right side in the end. Guys like you (and all the people in this thread flaunting their referral codes like cultists) will either hang your head in shame, or just dissapear entirely like your kind did at No Man's Sky's failure.

You're not doing SC a favour by defending Chris like he is the Lord and Saviour of gaming. He is just a dreamer who lost his footing, failed in Hollywood and now wants to go again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 1001 View Post
    Jesus christ... no one is saying you need to wait for 6 years, wtf? You buy the base game, if the price of expansions (your so called microtransactions) upsets you so much you wait until there is a sale and pick the expansion up then, repeat as needed. How hard can that be to understand?
    how can you not see that the issue is that you have to wait at all? and calling them expansions is a far cry from what they really are, so that is a misnomer in and of itself. compare an ED expansion to a typical MMO expansion, it pales painfully in comparison. so basically what you would get from other games for free, you have to pay for in ED.
    Well yeah, no shit, it started its kickstarter the same time as Star Citizen so of course it's not going to have mountains of content yet. I see lots of Star Citizen fans arguing for patience and telling people Rome didn't get built in a day blah blah, then they go and moan about Elite not having a lot of content...

Anyway, what the game is now is far different from when it released, but of course that would never be enough for some people, for them it's not that it doesn't have content, it's that it has the wrong type of content.
    NO! just NO! please do not even try to compare ED's lack of content with Star Citizen's as some form of justification for a FULLY released game STILL being barebones 2 years after release. they chose to go full release and with it there are certain things which are required like having a good amount of content to tide people over until more features get put in. you do realise that people are effectively paying to beta test a RELEASED game past the initial cost of the game with ED, right?

ON TOPIC: new Galactic Tour update, this time Anvil Aerospace

Last edited by Odeezee; 2016-11-22 at 09:25 PM.
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Quote Originally Posted by Davemetalhead View Post
    They haven't failed to finish the game, yet. It's still ongoing - if it gets cancelled then you can claim they failed to finish it.
    The correct wording is to say it is simply late. By a lot of time. But yes, you are correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
    The correct wording is to say it is simply late. By a lot of time. But yes, you are correct.
    No, the game itself is not late. This has been beaten to death a million of times already. No estimation date for release has been given since. The original estimation was based on NONE of the stretch goals being in. Anyone with half a brain would realize this. But hey, who am I kidding. I was wondering why I had you on my ignore list, but your last few responses answered that question.
    Last edited by masterhorus8; 2016-11-22 at 10:07 PM.

I am well aware of how the instances work. Or at least how they want them to work in 2020 if the game launches.

Look, SC would have been a great game if they just stuck to the original pitch. It is too bad that Chris couldn't help going back to Hollywood with SC's money after failing there on his own. Then he stuck his wife in alongside the A-list actors. It is hilarious to think about that in hindsight, considering that they tried to keep their marriage a secret to the community.

When SC comes crashing down at least I can say that I was on the right side in the end. Guys like you (and all the people in this thread flaunting their referral codes like cultists) will either hang your head in shame, or just dissapear entirely like your kind did at No Man's Sky's failure.

You're not doing SC a favour by defending Chris like he is the Lord and Saviour of gaming. He is just a dreamer who lost his footing, failed in Hollywood and now wants to go again.
    Yawn. Too edgy for me.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

Considering no one else in the gaming industry is fucking innovating anything these days, it may as well be the one guy who actually wants to make a quality product rather than just another game or rehash after rehash like pretty much every other developer is doing. Honestly, the gaming industry is probably in the most mediocre state it's been in since the early 80's when an over abundance of games caused the market to collapse on itself. Now the lack of games, as well as the lack of truly innovative titles, will eventually draw gamer's away from big name franchises, and the mediocrity of some big budget and big name titles has been apparent the last couple of years. With 3-5 year development cycles for big name titles, it's no wonder people are banking on Star Citizen being something truly innovative. A couple of years down the road, SC is still going to look like a real next generation game, and one that no console is going to be capable of playing at the fidelity of PC's for another 2 generations at least, based on the current tech level of consoles versus PC.

Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    No, the game itself is not late. This has been beaten to death a million of times already. No estimation date for release has been given since. The original estimation was based on NONE of the stretch goals being in. Anyone with half a brain would realize this. But hey, who am I kidding. I was wondering why I had you on my ignore list, but your last few responses answered that question.
    If you're seriously saying that the game isn't late, then you're just so far gone that nothing anyone will say can change your mind. Next you're going to tell us that Star Marine wasn't supposed to be released 1.5 years ago, lol.

Well, what can I say. I never really got along with Shillizens. You guys link your referral codes everywhere. It's like you're in some massive MLM recruitment chain where you get rewarded if your referrals buy game packages. Oh wait...

Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    how can you not see that the issue is that you have to wait at all? and calling them expansions is a far cry from what they really are, so that is a misnomer in and of itself. compare an ED expansion to a typical MMO expansion, it pales painfully in comparison. so basically what you would get from other games for free, you have to pay for in ED.
    Because you don't have to fucking wait do you. You can buy the bloody thing as soon as it's made available. And yes, they are expansions, take a look at the patch notes for (1 of the 5 patches for the Horizons expansion) and tell me again it somehow doesn't qualify as an expansion https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...pdate-incoming
    The guy was making some weird point about how paying stupid money for a single spaceship now is better than paying for an expansion later, if he's worried about spending $40 every 18 months or so then I was simply offering a counterpoint to calm his sad little wallet.

Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    NO! just NO! please do not even try to compare ED's lack of content with Star Citizen's as some form of justification for a FULLY released game STILL being barebones 2 years after release. they chose to go full release and with it there are certain things which are required like having a good amount of content to tide people over until more features get put in. you do realise that people are effectively paying to beta test a RELEASED game past the initial cost of the game with ED, right?
    It is no different, I am talking about what is managable within a set timescale, if a game is released after 2 years of development then it is only going to have a limited amount of content, even the village idiot would understand that, expecting anything different is plain idiocy. EVE did a similar thing, it was pretty barebones when it released and it took CCP a number of years to build a game that provided content to different playstyles.

The point being that if you can argue for Star Citizen's delays, defend its woeful lack of content on the PU and their pathetically miniscule patches and then have the gall to turn around and call out another game for lack of content, claiming their expansions are not really expansions and so on. it is only you who is making yourself look like a fool.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you're seriously saying that the game isn't late, then you're just so far gone that nothing anyone will say can change your mind. Next you're going to tell us that Star Marine wasn't supposed to be released 1.5 years ago, lol.
    No, it was due out this time last year. Technical issues clearly forced it to be delayed, and they even showed why it was getting delayed. Too many server and client side problems prevented it and rather than releasing a half baked, half assed component that is supposed to be the basis of their game, they held it back. And that makes sense to me and thousands of others who have backed the game. Do it right or don't do it at all, something most developers could learn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because you don't have to fucking wait do you. You can buy the bloody thing as soon as it's made available. And yes, they are expansions, take a look at the patch notes for (1 of the 5 patches for the Horizons expansion) and tell me again it somehow doesn't qualify as an expansion https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...pdate-incoming
    The guy was making some weird point about how paying stupid money for a single spaceship now is better than paying for an expansion later, if he's worried about spending $40 every 18 months or so then I was simply offering a counterpoint to calm his sad little wallet.
    and that point you were trying to make is invalid as if you want to play when you want to in ED you have to pay up now, not wait until there is a sale, and you act like it's the only game ever to go on sale, hence the whole counterpoint you were trying to make is non-existent.

speaking on Expansions have you ever played an MMO before? if you have then you will know the difference between base game and expansions. ED does not even compare because look at the game after 2 seasons, it's STILL barebones!
    It is no different, I am talking about what is managable within a set timescale, if a game is released after 2 years of development then it is only going to have a limited amount of content, even the village idiot would understand that, expecting anything different is plain idiocy. EVE did a similar thing, it was pretty barebones when it released and it took CCP a number of years to build a game that provided content to different playstyles.

The point being that if you can argue for Star Citizen's delays, defend its woeful lack of content on the PU and their pathetically miniscule patches and then have the gall to turn around and call out another game for lack of content, claiming their expansions are not really expansions and so on. it is only you who is making yourself look like a fool.
    you have definitely made yourself look foolish here then. is ED a fully release title yes or no? is Star Citizen STILL in development, yes or no? you cannot judge a game that is released with one that is still in development the same way. NO ONE told Frontier to release ED when they did, it's their fault and as such they put themselves in a position where they are judged differently than a game still in development. just because similar times have elapsed is of no consequence as ED thought that it was ready to actually be scrutinized by the masses and deliver a title worthy of release. which we now know is a very mixed bag with the moniker (made by ED players no doubt) being a "mile wide yet and inch deep". and comparing ED to a game over a decade old, really? tech was at a different stage back then and besides ED still does not even give you the full MMO experience we expect from MMOs today, coz despite what you may feel ED launched in 2014 and not in 2003.

Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG

Well, what can I say. I never really got along with Shillizens. You guys link your referral codes everywhere. It's like you're in some massive MLM recruitment chain where you get rewarded if your referrals buy game packages. Oh wait...
    original kick starter started in oct 2012, the game was barely just out of concept phase at that point, not to mention no studios or personnel to help develop it, the game is coming along quicker than most and its at the 4 year point now, if the Chris had what he does now 4 years ago then at least sq42 would be almost ready.

your very naive to think a game can be built in 4 years even with a full team to start with.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    original kick starter started in oct 2012, the game was barely just out of concept phase at that point, not to mention no studios or personnel to help develop it, the game is coming along quicker than most and its at the 4 year point now, if the Chris had what he does now 4 years ago then at least sq42 would be almost ready.

your very naive to think a game can be built in 4 years even with a full team to start with.
    You should tell that to Chris who repeatedly uses false dates. Oh wait, you're not going to question your lord and saviour. He has been out of the field for a decade and it's showing. The guy has no clue what he is doing anymore.

No one has said that the game should be completed. Another strawman argument from Shillizens like you who can't accept that there is a distinct lack of progress for the game.

Please post respectfully and productively. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2016-11-23 at 08:44 PM.

This new EvCro is even more boring than the old one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    This new EvCro is even more boring than the old one.
    At least EvcRo used more up-to-date information, even if it was copy/pasted from SA.
    Last edited by masterhorus8; 2016-11-23 at 08:55 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    By his reasoning, why have normal hotel rooms when a capsule hotel with communal bathrooms already does the same thing? He's so far off-base its not even worth the effort.
    Assuming "his reasoning" is mine....SC so far hasn't shown us that it is with the analogy with a capsule hotel.

Most of the gameplay mechanics haven't been seen.
    The Netcoding is still woefully subpar
    Star Marine has finally surfaced but the modelling looks out of kilter and the gameplay is nothing special
    CIG have yet to settle on a flight model for the game.

SC has a lot of stuff planned. But even when...if...everything gets added, that doesn't mean the game will be fun or that it will be universally better than ED or other games in every aspect.

SC is doing nothing that hasn't been done. It isn't adding anything new. So far it isn't unique in scope or scale or ambition.

Saying it is somehow pushing the boundaries is simple hype. Its overstating things.

You may think i'm wrong...but rather than simply saying so, instead of merely saying the Star Citizen is so much bigger and better why don't you explain HOW Star Citizen is so much grander in scope and scale than other games and how doing stuff other games already do and how having a similar feature set makes it so impressive and innovative.

10+ Year Old Account
    hew Intergalactic Aerospace Expo update; Origin!

love the look of the 85x and i am really looking forward to seeing the remodel of the 300 series. if the Cutlass and Hornet are anything to go by they should look hella sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    A failure of understanding on your part. If you look at the way in which Star Citizen is attempting it's independent physics instancing and then look at NMS and think they are comparable because 'spaceships' then you aren't capable of understanding where the difference is. GTAV is the same game as the original GTA right? Why should there be any difference in cost or development time, they both have cars and guns.

And just to note, because in these discussions it's basically necessary, I'm not actually praising CIG. They could very well fail to achieve what they've set out to do but the idea that what they're attempting is just the same thing as games like NMS is, again, naive.
    And yet when you get down to it....NMS and SC are space sims, you fly ships and explore worlds and fight and mine and so on.

Rather than blame my "Failure of understanding"...why not simply tell me how Star Citizen is so much grander and better than similar games with similar premises and similar featuresets and how this is worth tens of millions of dollars and four years development time.

Look at games like Eve or ED and what they did with less. What is Star Citizen doing differently that justifies the manpower and money spent on it and excuses the low quality and quantity of demos released so far?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KyrtF View Post
    And yet when you get down to it....NMS and SC are space sims, you fly ships and explore worlds and fight and mine and so on.

Rather than blame my "Failure of understanding"...why not simply tell me how Star Citizen is so much grander and better than similar games with similar premises and similar featuresets and how this is worth tens of millions of dollars and four years development time.

Look at games like Eve or ED and what they did with less. What is Star Citizen doing differently that justifies the manpower and money spent on it and excuses the low quality and quantity of demos released so far?
    Considering the voiceover work and the fact that they have hired on some fairly big name actors and actresses to do both Squadron 42 and the Persistent Universe, that alone sets it apart from other games, especially when you consider the single player aspect of the game is tied to the MMO in many ways. The game has been pretty well built from the ground up using an existing engine that has been modified so heavily it isn't even in the same realm as the original design, that is another thing. Frontier designed their own engine, which isn't nearly as advanced in complexity or capability as CryEngine was, nor does it have the same visual capability. Sure, they might wind up with similar features as Star Citizen, but many aren't going to be part of the base game, and cash grabbing for those features is not the best way to retain players. While I am not a fool to think that all of SC's features will make it into the initial live release, there is a much higher chance that they have way more content when the game goes live than Elite does now or even when it went live.

Quote Originally Posted by KyrtF View Post
    You may think i'm wrong...but rather than simply saying so, instead of merely saying the Star Citizen is so much bigger and better why don't you explain HOW Star Citizen is so much grander in scope and scale than other games and how doing stuff other games already do and how having a similar feature set makes it so impressive and innovative.
    What's unique about it?

To me, it boils down to the first "promo video" I saw for it, that most of us probably saw, about 3 years ago. On the surface it wasn't much really, you had a Bengal (much smaller Bengal than what is whiteboxed now) full of people doing shit, pilots jumping into Hornets and flying off into space and engaging a bunch of mean looking "pirates" to the tune of Jablosnky's Battleship score. It looked nice, my first venture for more info showed it was using the Crytek 3 engine, neat...but then I read more and it was the cumulative buildup of features and the scope that got me hooked.

I shall try and enumerate my reasons for why I feel SC is unique and innovative...

#1 - Doing shit online with friends!

Presumably all or most of us are playing or had played WoW. Personally I ran my own guild for 8 years and it was pretty decent, but what I loved most about it was that I had my own little "team" as it were of 30ish players, all of us doing shit together, a good chunk of us had been friends for a long ass time even before WoW. Obviously not unique to MMO's, I was running 8 man "raids" in Neverwinter Nights with friends before WoW was even released and those same WoW friends and I had played Team Fortress together for a fuckin half decade before that too. Either way, to me the whole idea of doing shit with your buddies is awesome.

So when I found out that the ships in SC are not just a ship shaped avatar, I was getting erections. The whole idea of having my buddies or a guild/organization of people all flying together in ships and working as a team, is absolutely what I want. Which leads to number 2, kind of...

#2 - SPAAAAAAACESHIPS!

In addition to WoW, I also liked EVE Online. Though more accurately, the idea of EVE Online. I never really got into the whole Alliances/Corporations side of things, I just liked doing my own thing, ratting, making cash and avoiding griefers. But it was always missing the social aspect because of that. That and the game at the time was really inaccessible for my closer friends who couldn't really get into it. But for me, the size of the universe and all of the politics and economics going on around me was fascinating, while I cannot say that I am a mega EVE player at all, it's often my go to when trying to explain to people how crazy shit can be. The whole BoB alliance fiasco is often a crowdpleaser even to people who have no fuckin clue what EVE is.

So again, when Star Citizen was announced as wanting to have the same kind of organic open world experience, in addition to flying ships with your buddies and being able to not just walk around those ships, but your interactions and skills actually have a marked impact on your success, my boners increased exponentially.

#3 - Shooting Stuff

Another of my more favourite games in recent memory is Planetside 2. I played a shit load of it until SOE died, then I kind of lost interest. But shockingly enough (read: not shocking), I loved it because it combined a lot of what I loved again. Playing with friends and having vehicles and stuff you and your buddies can pilot/crew, driving or flying around and killing nerds in glorious fireballs of fun. Add to it that it was effectively an MMO setting, with hundreds of players at times vying for the exact same piece of real estate. It was intense and awesome.

So when CIG says "there's going to be seamless transition from flying/crewing ships into FPS combat with boarding parties and such," guess what my boners were doing again. Exploding everywhere.

Now you might be thinking "well that's great, but you just cited examples of games already doing those things." You'd be right, but the difference here is that this one game is tackling all 3 things simultaneously. That and despite some technical issues currently in 2.5, they're doing it rather successfully imo. Even the basic, dog shit alpha version available today, with all of its flaws (both real and perceived), you can do all of those things...well, minus the economics/massive universe things, but respectfully...those are coming and it'd be daft to assume they never will at this point.

Now, maybe I'm crazy but at what point has there been any game to combine all of these aspects into a single title? Open world (galaxy) sandbox, emergent gameplay, multiplayer ship crews in an MMO space, FPS combat in an MMO space, high end graphics and fidelity. I'm hard pressed to think of one. That's why it's unique and innovative to me. Even in its attempt to combine all of these divergent game genres, to do it seamlessly, how can anyone look at it and think; "naw fuck that shit."

You should tell that to Chris who repeatedly uses false dates. Oh wait, you're not going to question your lord and saviour. He has been out of the field for a decade and it's showing. The guy has no clue what he is doing anymore.

No one has said that the game should be completed. Another strawman argument from Shillizens like you who can't accept that there is a distinct lack of progress for the game.

Please post respectfully and productively. Infracted. -Edge
    you do know that for a game in active development those dates set are just guidelines to try to achieve, if something is not ready then its obvious it can be pushed back, everything thats been set has been implemented before or within a reasonable time, we all know that its going to be around a year before sq42 may be ready and once thats sorted the persistent universe will fall in place much faster due to everything already being ready to implement.

There is plenty progress in the game, just log onto the PTU and see for yourself, also the next major patch is steaming along and will hopefully be ready by the end of december, the reason things take so long as the detail is 10 time for than any other game out there, along with having to build tech from scratch, which in 4 years not even many AAA developers could have do as much as CIG have with a fraction on the man power and resources.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen