Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Idiots. Not much more to be said. They made the informed decision, they have to deal with obvious consequences.

Limit said that Exorsus and From Scratch exploited as well, did they get banned as well?

Quote Originally Posted by dirtlits View Post
    While people might have their own view on this, in the end these guilds made the decision to utilize a pretty dramatic bug and kept on rolling with it.

For me, knowingly using a bug would make me feel the “win” was cheating. Might as well hook up the Nintendo game genie into WOW, drop in a cheat code and roll with it.

I am also glad they stepped up and admitted what they did and did actually accept the ban.
    You left out the part where they reported the bug to blizzard and they did nothing about.

The real fucked up thing is that if they did indeed know about the bug and reported it during beta. Then blizzard should have done something about it before it came out. Thats kinda fucked if blizzard knew about it and didnt either A) fix it, or B) Put out a statement about the bug if they knew they couldnt fix it in time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shaft4783 View Post
    I'm not comparing criminals or real world crimes to "exploits" and gamers in a MMO. Blizzard released content that could be exploited by gamers. They saw the opportunity and took it. It's Blizzard's fault the exploit was there to begin with.
    It was an analogy.
    You can't blame something for a flaw it has when you abused that flaw. The action is on YOU and YOU alone. YOU are responsible and you CHOOSE to do something that's wrong when you easily had the choice not to.
    It's like blaming a rape victim for being raped and saying that the perpetrator isn't guilty because the victim made it possible. It's beyond idiotic.
    The fact that it's utterly impossible to prevent exploits from happening from time to time makes it even more idiotic. It makes me wonder if you're just trolling or if you've got some serious head issues if you can't grasp such basic logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Poisongaz View Post
    You left out the part where they reported the bug to blizzard and they did nothing about.

The real fucked up thing is that if they did indeed know about the bug and reported it during beta. Then blizzard should have done something about it before it came out. Thats kinda fucked if blizzard knew about it and didnt either A) fix it, or B) Put out a statement about the bug if they knew they couldnt fix it in time.
    No the fucked up thing is they knew they were cheating, knew Blizzard hadn't fixed it and still cheated anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Amplified by the fact that the boss was killable: ex. Method/Serenity's kill.

There's no excusing them, stop trying.

Blizz has been banning for raid exploits since vanilla. Trust me everyone in these guilds knew they had a high chance of being banned for this. To claim ignorance is idiotic.

Quote Originally Posted by Poisongaz View Post

I highly doubt anyone knew about this, the fight didn't get tested on PTR only internally.

Eitherway I don't know why this is a debate, you exploit a boss knowing it can get you banned, wether it should have been fixed or when it was reported is irrelevent. With this logic you might aswell unban the AP people as well just because Blizz didn't fix it till 7hours later.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    No the fucked up thing is they knew they were cheating, knew Blizzard hadn't fixed it and still cheated anyway.
    Amen to that. They willingly broke the rules and get to enjoy an 8 day ban.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Nuckels View Post
    I highly doubt anyone knew about this, the fight didn't get tested on PTR only internally.

Eitherway I don't know why this is a debate, you exploit a boss knowing it can get you banned, wether it should have been fixed or when it was reported is irrelevent. With this logic you might aswell unban the AP people as well just because Blizz didn't fix it till 7hours later.
    The fight wasn't tested on PTR at all? Or the mythic version wasn't tested?

15+ Year Old Account
    It was well documented, as can be seen on limit's twitter.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    That was not an exploit. It was not "bugging" out the trash. The trash was linked to the boss. boss was dead, why shouldn't the instance be reset to clear the trash. Raid misses out on potential for epics to get to the part of the raid that is more fun.
    Because by blizzard definition the trash is part of the raid design for pacing and immersion. So, to then take that to a technical position, it is exploiting because it changes the pace of the raid, allowing for faster access to the next boss, meaning more attempts in a given time and a possible advantage when guilds are neck and neck for boss kills at world first levels; every second counts. At farm it would be inconsequential.

And that person hating on serenity for no other reason than 'they suck dicks' I'm guessing is butt hurt from denial into the guild or jealous of their skill superiority? I don't know, seems pretty petty to trash a guild not involved in the topic main issue, exploitation. I suppose it makes them feel more like a man, whatever helps them sleep at night and forget their inadequacy.
    My PC Build 4790k @ 4.7 GHz @ 1.28v; 1080 @ +175 core, +500 memory

Quote Originally Posted by Octa View Post
    The fight wasn't tested on PTR at all? Or the mythic version wasn't tested?
    The mythic version wasn't tested.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    It was well documented, as can be seen on limit's twitter.
    Mind pasting which part says they knew before hand? I don't exactly follow limit on twitter. For the sake of it lets say this was reported back on PTR through the heroic test, don't see how it changes anything.

The bug was reported on heroic week which means it could have easily been known on the PTR as well since the heroic version was there.

Quote Originally Posted by Octa View Post
    The bug was reported on heroic week which means it could have easily been known on the PTR as well since the heroic version was there.
    I'm not saying Blizzard dropped the ball, but Blizzard didn't force them to use it either. Their communication was pisspoor but in the end they fixed it and banned people for something clearly bannable, the guilds had two options. Join in on the exploit and risk the consequences or don't do it and believe that Blizzard would do the right thing in the end.

Both parties dropped the ball but the punishment is justified.

I'm not saying Blizzard dropped the ball, but Blizzard didn't force them to use it either. Their communication was pisspoor but in the end they fixed it and banned people for something clearly bannable, the guilds had two options. Join in on the exploit and risk the consequences or don't do it and believe that Blizzard would do the right thing in the end.

Both parties dropped the ball but the punishment is justified.
    I am not talking about them being right or wrong at all, I was just responding to where you said "I highly doubt anyone knew about this, the fight didn't get tested on PTR only internally. " I agree that they bugged this knowing the potential consequences and they now gotta live with em.

15+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Mind pasting which part says they knew before hand? I don't exactly follow limit on twitter. For the sake of it lets say this was reported back on PTR through the heroic test, don't see how it changes anything.
    Source

Ok perhaps this wasn't known on PTR, but they did find it on heroic last week.

They knew about it, they abused it, they're banned for 8 days, I'm happy.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Meanwhile I am here still waiting for Midwinter to get the hammer for what they did on Tsulong (HP buff during ally phase)

Instead of banning, why not reset their AK and AP and stripped their gears to greens to start over? That's right.. Start working all over again.

Deleted
    It doesn't matter if the bug was known. DOES NOT MATTER. It's completely irrelevant. They chose to act on it. They chose to cheat. Therefore they must be punished. It's so simple that even your fat murican brain should be able to understand it.
    Infracted;
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2016-11-23 at 06:38 AM.