Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goilas View Post
    It doesn't matter if the bug was known. DOES NOT MATTER. It's completely irrelevant. They chose to act on it. They chose to cheat. Therefore they must be punished. It's so simple that even your fat murican brain should be able to understand it.
    It matters because Blizzard handles exploits completely different. Some exploits get you banned while others dont. Limit shouldn't be banned for this. Blizzard should have been better with communicating.

Deleted
    Ever since way back in Vanilla Blizzard has allways punished people that have exploited the game. Examples:
    AQ Wall Hack = Ban
    Lich King platform rebuilding = Ban
    Cata LFR gear abuse = Ban
    And there have been many more.

The fact that people still don't get that Blizzard IS watching, especially if you are a part of the top 1% of players in terms of raiding, is fucking baffling to me. The Artifact Power exploit SHOULD have ticked people off but to go so far as to abuse a bug on THE FINAL BOSS of the current raid tier is mind blowing.
    People are greedy fools and deserve their bans.

Quote Originally Posted by Yonasknepper View Post
    It matters because Blizzard handles exploits completely different. Some exploits get you banned while others dont. Limit shouldn't be banned for this. Blizzard should have been better with communicating.
    lol keep moving those goalposts fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by Colactic View Post
    Ever since way back in Vanilla Blizzard has allways punished people that have exploited the game. Examples:
    AQ Wall Hack = Ban
    Lich King platform rebuilding = Ban
    Cata LFR gear abuse = Ban
    And there have been many more.
    there have also been many cases where they decided not to ban people too.

however it's nice to see some consistency. let's hope it holds true into NH!

Quote Originally Posted by willemh View Post
    Wow this is huge.

It's fucking amazing how Blizzard is currently handling exploits and bots.
    I mean they always banned players who exploited raid mechanics. Dating all the way back to BC with Illidan and KT. Wrath they did it for Yogg Alone in the Darkness and for heroic LK.

Shit, we are defs getting banned for our see-saw shenanigans then...

On the real though, I gotta feel for my homies in Limit having reported the exploit initially. Probably not the smartest idea to go through with it eventually though.

You could have just killed it and claimed world 3rd. F5 and Exo could never release a video to prove they killed it legitimately. Plenty of US guilds exploited bosses in Siege of Orgrimmar (thok/paragons) and never released their videos.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    I mean they always banned players who exploited raid mechanics. Dating all the way back to BC with Illidan and KT. Wrath they did it for Yogg Alone in the Darkness and for heroic LK.
    Even earlier with Divine Intervention on Razorgore
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

It was normal LK not heroic that Ensidia "exploited". They then went back and killed it with alts to gain access to heroic for the 2nd week (you needed to clear normal to access heroic the following week).

Quote Originally Posted by Metaz View Post
    It was normal LK not heroic that Ensidia "exploited". They then went back and killed it with alts to gain access to heroic for the 2nd week (you needed to clear normal to access heroic the following week).
    The first heroic LK was exploited with Saronite bombs to bug out the Valkyr, the group got banned for it.

The first heroic LK was exploited with Saronite bombs to bug out the Valkyr, the group got banned for it.
    No it wasn't and please don't try to say it was. There was only normal mode and heroic mode back then. Ensidia killed normal mode using saronite bombs in their rogues rotation (as was normal practice back then). They fained ignorance that that was what caused the bug to happen to the platform (whether that is true or not is up for speculation). They got banned for a few days (I forget the exact amount of time). ICC was the first tier guilds started really using alts in progress. The first LK kill was by Paragon, Ensidia were no way near a kill when Paragon got that world first.
    Last edited by Metaz; 2016-11-23 at 03:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yonasknepper View Post
    They should be banned, and they actually knew that as well (as Limit acknowledged). This is blatant exploit and not in the realm of "clever use of game mechanic", not even in the gray / risky area.

Maybe it isn't that clear to players who seldomly (or never) participated in the highly competitive races (not just world first but also region first), but it's very usual for very-top tier guilds (roughly World 50 or above) to try to figure out "smart" ways to work around mechanics - sometimes not the intended way. Most experienced raiders can guess pretty well if something is safe, risky, or dangerous. An unintended effect triggered by unintended workings of all mechanics involved is bannable, and unless this was the first raiding expansion of the ones involved (which wasn't the case), they likely decided to do it because they thought / hoped Blizzard would overlook it rather than thinking it was safe enough to do. There isn't any real need of communication between Blizzard and guilds here (and in the very unlikely case that the banned guilds couldn't figure that out, they should have just stayed away from any unintended effect).
    Last edited by Qualia; 2016-11-23 at 03:16 AM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Seems to be a serious lack of accountability from Limit though claiming they would of killed it without it. Why even exploit then?

Quote Originally Posted by Dehooka View Post
    Seems to be a serious lack of accountability from Limit though claiming they would of killed it without it. Why even exploit then?
    "We deserved the ban"

What a complete lack of accountability from Limit!

They should have reported it to blizz when they found it.

Quote Originally Posted by Khorm View Post
    Thanks for contributing to the thread. Here is your gold star sticker! Next time read it first. They did report it which is why people are saying they were foolish to still exploit it later that week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhedinn View Post
    That is a level of victim blaming even morons in the US can't reach...
    MMO-C moderation, just a peg above Fox News

Quote Originally Posted by Khorm View Post
    Please re-read the thread, They did.

They tried it the normal way, and probably were quite a few hours from, but close to, the kill, when they found out that two guilds used the bug which made the fight easier without punishment at the time. They regret doing it but when your pushing for world ranks, 2nd best is not the goal, its to be #1. Does this excuse them from doing it? No, they did it and they have accepted the punishment. Does blizzard also have to take some responsibility for not being able to properly fix this in time? Yes they do. I dont expect a fix within hours, but i do expect something within the week, they have the talent and the people needed to make that happen.

C. Rules Related to Game Play. Game play is what World of Warcraft is all about, and Blizzard strictly enforces the rules that govern game play. Blizzard considers most conduct to be part of the Game, and not harassment, so player-killing the enemies of your race and/or alliance, including gravestone and/or corpse camping, is considered a part of the Game. Because the Game is a "player vs. player" game, you should always remember to protect yourself in areas where the members of hostile races can attack you, rather than contacting Blizzard's in-game customer service representatives for help when you have been killed by an enemy of your race. Nonetheless, certain acts go beyond what is "fair" and are considered serious violations of these Terms of Use. Those acts include, but are not necessarily limited to, the following:

(i) Using or exploiting errors in design, features which have not been documented, and/or "program bugs" to gain access that is otherwise not available, or to obtain a competitive advantage over other players;

That was swift! They started doing the right thing, then were swayed by peer pressure. Hopefully they've learned their lesson.

In other news, why is ban the word of choice for this stuff? They were suspended, not banned...

Quote Originally Posted by Shimejii View Post
    Does blizzard also have to take some responsibility for not being able to properly fix this in time? Yes they do. I dont expect a fix within hours, but i do expect something within the week, they have the talent and the people needed to make that happen.
    Limit reported the bug on Nov. 17, their kill happened on Nov. 20. It was just 1 working day and 3 days in total (very likely less), so I'd say it isn't too bad.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

I'm not defending any exploiters. They deserve to get banned. But his expansion is so full of bugs its not funny anymore. It would save us a lot of hazzle if blizzard just tested their content just a little bit before releasing it.