Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Well I long thought that the 4 Legendary Cap was true but I was proven wrong today. A guild mate just got his 5th

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lidrana View Post
    Well I long thought that the 4 Legendary Cap was true but I was proven wrong today. A guild mate just got his 5th
    Softcap* I've never claimed or expected you can't have more than 4.

I am saying it is incredibly rare and on average it is taking far, far longer than 3-4 did. For everyone I know doing a ton of farming.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyalo View Post
    Softcap* I've never claimed or expected you can't have more than 4.

I am saying it is incredibly rare and on average it is taking far, far longer than 3-4 did. For everyone I know doing a ton of farming.
    I know I just read a lot of posts and discussed with mates about it. Few of them claimed there was cap.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKaz View Post
    I play in a Mythic raiding guild, so many of the players are focused on min-maxing. Those in this thread that say legendaries are not mandatory have never raided mythic. Legendaries (and which ones you were fortunate to acquire) definitely influence who is in and who is out on progression.
    I stopped raiding Mythics early WoD. I am more than familiar with the kind of min-maxing that goes on in mythic guilds. I was a Raid Leader for a good few progression fights. Nowadays I just clear Heroics as I can't commit to a raid schedule because of work.

All that really matters in a boss fight is mechanics. In every kill our guild got, the times the boss died were the times that fewest people screwed up somewhere.

Extra DPS helps, if you have a choice between player A and player B and they are both equally skilled at the fight mechanics you take the one with the higher DPS, however in practice that's a really big if, in my experience.

If you keep getting benched because you don't have a legendary, the answer is to change guilds or get a lot better at mechanics than the other guy.

All mythic guilds are not the same, and while a top100 guild might well be taking only toons that have the best gear, the mythic guilds I was a part of took the best players, almost always.

In any guild there are always players that noone wants to bring to a fight because they are asshats. I suspect in some cases the 'but you don't have a BiS legendary' is being used as an excuse to exclude some of the asshats from the group.

I'm not saying that noone has ever been benched because they didn't have their BiS legendary. I am saying that it's not as frequent as most people seem to believe and as such BiS legendaries are not mandatory items for raiding.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry if this has been answered, but has anyone had a problem where their legendaries remain at 895 and not at the new 910? Is there a way to fix this?
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by The Flavour Cat View Post
    Sorry if this has been answered, but has anyone had a problem where their legendaries remain at 895 and not at the new 910? Is there a way to fix this?
    Delete your cache.

Legiondaries were the worst idea blizzard has had since removing flight.

Welp, just got a legendary on my Rogue alt after 2 days 18 hours /played at level 110. Naturally it is Prydaz, Xavaric's Magnum Opus. :-)

At least mastery sims as my top stat (although crit is my worst).

5th legendary was acquired by my Raid Leader, so that in fact debunks the 4th legendary softcap

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rico9240 View Post
    5th legendary was acquired by my Raid Leader, so that in fact debunks the 4th legendary softcap
    No it doesn't. Softcap does not mean Hardcap. Distinct difference.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...tcap+legendary Referring to this abomination.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rico9240 View Post
    I am aware, I created that thread (thank you for your kind words). Read the last line of the original post.

I am not saying you can't have 4+, I am saying it is far harder getting your 5th than it is getting your 4th.

Not really but ok. As i said that was an abomination of a thread. RnG is RNG

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eskwyre View Post
    And that shows exactly what is wrong with this system.

I fail to see what "this" shows...? The fact that you CAN recieve a Legendary with a low item level? or the fact that you CAN recieve a Legenday without knowing boss tactics? or that you CAN recieve a Legenday without even surviving an encounter that could potentially yield one?

All this shows me is that this person clearly has more luck than some of the whiners on here that feel they are owed one because they play in "a top server mythic super raiding guild"....blah blah blah. EVERYONE derseves to have a CHANCE to have a Legendary drop from them,this could be an alt or a new player, personally to add insult to injury i hope this guys Legendary dropped off the most pitiful mob in the open world...a bear or something! lol that would be hilarious. P.s i play a Demon Hunter and had the BiS Ring legendary drop in my third or fourth HEROIC dungeon (guess that makes me one of the noobs that doesnt deserve it). I have started EN mythic with my guild but aint the top dps,but i play for FUN so c'et le vie, relax...its a game

Rico is also throwing out a data point without any context. Did his raid leader obtain any of his legendaries prior to the hotfix on September 15th (https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/20252902/) that allowed you to obtain legendaries more frequently if you already had one?

My guild did another Mythic full clear last night of EN and we're holding steady at the 4 legendary soft-cap. Assuming activity levels are constant from player to player, the number of legendaries you see in a group should be a normal distribution. What myself and many are observing is that it's not at all - something "happens" when you hit 4 legendaries that makes it more difficult to obtain #5 (right now)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyoll81 View Post
    I fail to see what "this" shows...? The fact that you CAN recieve a Legendary with a low item level? or the fact that you CAN recieve a Legenday without knowing boss tactics? or that you CAN recieve a Legenday without even surviving an encounter that could potentially yield one?

All this shows me is that this person clearly has more luck than some of the whiners on here that feel they are owed one because they play in "a top server mythic super raiding guild"....blah blah blah. EVERYONE derseves to have a CHANCE to have a Legendary drop from them,this could be an alt or a new player, personally to add insult to injury i hope this guys Legendary dropped off the most pitiful mob in the open world...a bear or something! lol that would be hilarious. P.s i play a Demon Hunter and had the BiS Ring legendary drop in my third or fourth HEROIC dungeon (guess that makes me one of the noobs that doesnt deserve it). I have started EN mythic with my guild but aint the top dps,but i play for FUN so c'et le vie, relax...its a game
    A person that puts in less effort than someone else shouldn't get a legendary before someone who puts a lot more effort. "relax, it's a game" I don't see where I wasn't relaxed?

Exorsus posted a helya statement n their stance on legendary softcap at 4,

when all the biggest nerds in top guilds that puts insane + disgusting amount of time n effort into farm n all of them run into a wall say the same thing about "suddenly are unable to acquire a 5th after acquiring the first 4 at a steady rate", then softcap definitely exists .

Blizz has some explanation to do, cause it is highly likely players end up with 4 utility legendary items and are fucking done for. ( Im a fire mage with norgannon shitboots and shit blink chest, i can smell sephuz n prydaz being my 3rd n 4th already , am so damn excited /sarcasm )

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...nd_some_other/

If doing 1000+ mythic dungeons only get u 4 legendary items (average players have 2-3 legendaries after 50-150 clears, some already sitting at 4 with that amount of clear) , then something is very wrong about the "bad luck protection" system, it is not working for people that acquired 4.
    Last edited by JIMM-; 2016-11-23 at 08:22 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JIMM- View Post
    Exorsus posted a helya statement n their stance on legendary softcap at 4,

softcap definitely exists when all the biggest nerds in top guilds that puts insane + disgusting amount of time n effort into farm n all of them say the same thing about "suddenly are unable to acquire a 5th after acquiring the first 4 at a steady rate".

Blizz has some explanation to do, cause it is highly likely players end up with 4 utility legendary items and are fucking done for. ( Im a fire mage with norgannon shitboots and shit blink chest, i can smell sephuz n prydaz being my 3rd n 4th already , am so damn excited /sarcasm )

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...nd_some_other/

If doing 1000+ mythic dungeons only get u 4 legendary items (average players have 2-3 legendaries after 50-150 clears, some already sitting at 4 with that amount of clear) , then something is very wrong about the "bad luck protection" system, it is not working for people that acquired 4.
    I'm glad it's becoming more high profile. I definitely believe it exists.

Bad luck is bad luck. I'd be more inclined to say something was broken when Blizzard added the 7.1 buff for people than to say there is diminishing returns. For example, I got 1 the first month, my 2nd the second month, here it is the 3rd month and no 3rd legendary. Does that mean there is a diminishing return at 3, or is it more likely that people are starting to have the same bad luck others have when it comes to time invested? As players have clearly gotten a 5th by now, who have done way less than the people you use as an example, I'd be more inclined to say they are just not as super fantastic excitement enriches lucky as they have been for these 3 months.

Deleted
    100% that it exists. Also, i feel fucking cheated by blizz. I wasted at least 600 fucking myth+ runs. Totally lost the incentive to keep playing.