Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Your experience with Resto legendaries

Just curious what people's experiences have been with the various legendaries that can drop for Resto druids.

I only have Dark Titan's Advice (+200% Lifebloom "bloom" heal). I gimmicked a 2.1m heal stacking all HoT's + Stonebark, but while that's not realistic in a dungeon/raid, the bloom is pretty substantial healing.

What legendaries do other resto druids have, and what has your experience been?
    Last edited by clavarnway; 2016-11-23 at 04:51 AM.
    BigCrits.com - real people conquering a virtual world!

Aman'Thul's. It's already banked because it's dogshit worthless.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Aman'Thul's. It's already banked because it's dogshit worthless.
    Unless Blizz 100% copies our 4p from ICC without changing it for smart healing.

OT: I've got Neck, Boots, Chest, and Shoulders. Using boots and chest.
    Last edited by masterhorus8; 2016-11-23 at 07:27 AM.

I have two resto legendaries, one on each druid.

WG Ring: Pretty much mana saving, when it procs along side the Archdruid elite trait it can result into so many hots when using it on a rejuv (Or Germination) or even regrowth (Regrowth + Archdruid trait buff = 3 people getting the heal and the hot). All-in-all, it is a fantastic legendary.

Tranq Boots: Pretty situational but when you coordinate CD usage you can get so much than you can think out of it.

Wg ring and amanthuls , woulda rather have ur lb belt than these shoulders but oh well

Quote Originally Posted by Mattiu View Post
    Wg ring and amanthuls , woulda rather have ur lb belt than these shoulders but oh well
    Ring's pretty good though right? Seems nice!
    BigCrits.com - real people conquering a virtual world!

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Got the ring, very happy with it.

I got the wrists tonight and beyond some mana savings from not having to refresh HoTs on a tank every so often maybe, I'm not entirely sure if there is a way to use it optimally outside of dungeons where double rejuv and such are a thing to really maximize it.

The ring really seems to be the dream though. Still waiting on that.

Quote Originally Posted by veloreum View Post
    I got the wrists tonight and beyond some mana savings from not having to refresh HoTs on a tank every so often maybe, I'm not entirely sure if there is a way to use it optimally outside of dungeons where double rejuv and such are a thing to really maximize it.

The ring really seems to be the dream though. Still waiting on that.
    On a tank, you will generally have at least a rejuv (Or two), lifebloom and sometimes either Regrowth hot or a Wild Growth or even both! Throw in a Cenarian Ward and Swiftmend the HoT and watch how the tank will live for days. Want to get even more value? Flourish right after the Swiftmend.

You will probably want to Flourish another time but if you used Wild Growth then Flourish and/or G'Hanir Essence are usually the best option after it to get the most of it. Keep in mind you may an Archdruid buff that may go to waste if you just push buttons.

Tearstone of Elune (the WG ring) is ridiculously good, to the point where it should probably be nerfed. Since Wild Growth is smart, it's basically free smart-targeted Rejuvenations. Works with both Cultivation and Dreamwalker. Not too useful in mythic+ as you can just cast Rejuv on everyone anyway, but saving mana and GCDs is always nice.

The boots are situational but decent. They're really good on fights that have brief periods of extremely high damage, like Guarm's Headlong Charge on heroic/mythic. Since it heals the people who are the most injured for more, it's sort of like getting a smart healing mini-Tranquility on top of your regular one. Like Healing Tide Totem, if the shaman had 50% mastery. Useful in higher mythic+ too. They depend entirely on difficulty, though - on normal they won't help you much.

Quote Originally Posted by clavarnway View Post
    Ring's pretty good though right? Seems nice!
    It's better than just "pretty good". It's ridiculously amazing and best in slot by a mile. The proc can increase your healing done by >10% on some fights.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    Tearstone of Elune (the WG ring) is ridiculously good, to the point where it should probably be nerfed. Since Wild Growth is smart, it's basically free smart-targeted Rejuvenations. Works with both Cultivation and Dreamwalker. Not too useful in mythic+ as you can just cast Rejuv on everyone anyway, but saving mana and GCDs is always nice.

The boots are situational but decent. They're really good on fights that have brief periods of extremely high damage, like Guarm's Headlong Charge on heroic/mythic. Since it heals the people who are the most injured for more, it's sort of like getting a smart healing mini-Tranquility on top of your regular one. Like Healing Tide Totem, if the shaman had 50% mastery. Useful in higher mythic+ too. They depend entirely on difficulty, though - on normal they won't help you much.

It's better than just "pretty good". It's ridiculously amazing and best in slot by a mile. The proc can increase your healing done by >10% on some fights.
    Exactly, when I first got the ring I personally thought it was decent but after seeing the effect with my own eyes...like woah. The only issue is when you don't get the proc on anyone. I mean 20% feels like less than 5% sometimes. :c

Deleted
    I did some math with the ring and on Cenarius HC it gives me ~30k HPS, It's very good.

I also have Titans Advice and it's pretty good for tank healing, I set a WA that tells me when I can refresh my LB so it blooms (4.6sec left) so it doesn't overheals. Can do lots of healing but hard to calculate the HPS it gives.

I have the tearstone, ekowraith and the titan's advice

tearstone is well discussed, and ekowraith is pretty nice for resto since it buffs your own ysera's gift and whichever affinity you pick (plus, buffed in 7.1.5!)

dark titan's advice is barf, but at least the stats are good so whenever they let us wear three I'll have that going for me

I've got the wrists and a sephuz, It seems to shine in 5man content or more specifically tank healing since it lets me extend my hots so much.

However there is a trick to it, as most of you know popping flourish immediately after WG causes the burst healing (and overall avg healing) to go up substantially. I've discovered I can use the wrists effect to achieve a mini flourish. What I mean by that is I can utilize swiftmend to behave like a targeted flourish for WG.

Flourish is only 6seconds, this bracer is 10 with potentially 2 charges on it.

For single target healing it is actually stronger then flourish (6s vs 10s), it can be stacked with flourish (6s + 10s), and in some rare situations, stacked with flourish + 2 swiftmends. Get a sotf in there ahead of time and its even more healing. Multipliers upon multipliers

I can essentially get high bursty aoe healing with an extra focus on 1 or 2 targets depending on how its used.

I'm so hopeful for the tearstone as my next item. I believe it will synergize so well with these bracers and its WG usage.

the wrist is nice because 1) it saves you potentially 3-4 globals every 30s when tank healing, and 2) bonkers synergy with cenarion ward. I definitely want them but since I already have three, who knows how long it'll be.

I have the wrists. They can be very nice in m+ dungeons if there is high tank damage in combination with Cenarion ward.

But it is very situational, in reality you often have SM on CD when you use CW or CW usually heals for enough that you do not need to extend your heals on the tank. You can't just save your SM to give or buff another effect, you simply need it for the raw healing as it is your only oh-shit button.

I have the boomkin boots. Even if I had all the resto legendaries, I would probably still use these over any of them for mythic+.

Quote Originally Posted by Lybydose View Post
    I have the boomkin boots[...]
    How long does the buff last for? can u stack it up to 20 times? how high of a regrowth do u get with the stacks? :O

Do we know if the chest works for the base affinity of your spec or only for the affinity talents?

I've noticed a few times that my overall Ysera's Gift healing seems to do more than other resto druids on average but not sure if thats directly related to the legendary chest or just my proximity to injured raiders or some other situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Khrux View Post
    Do we know if the chest works for the base affinity of your spec or only for the affinity talents?

I've noticed a few times that my overall Ysera's Gift healing seems to do more than other resto druids on average but not sure if thats directly related to the legendary chest or just my proximity to injured raiders or some other situation.
    It supposedly affects non-affinity Ysera's Gift too, although that's probably not working as originally intended. If you want to test it, compare how much more your YG healing adds up to. Assume you're both in range of other people roughly as often. If you really are getting the full +50%, it should be very obvious. Make sure to check overhealing too, as you'll be getting bigger ticks that are a bit more likely to overheal.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.