Page 52 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    No important race has happened yet since the roster changes, after Nighthold then that whole thing can be said. But so far, the races have just been unimportant ones. And near every mythic raider in top 10 have stated that.

Yes winning now is nice, but anyone with a brain knows that EN and ToV don't matter. NH matters. And that's when the #1 guild is decided.
    Yeah those raids don't matter, that's just why these guilds are still going ham raiding 12+ hours a day for something that doesn't matter. This is just them laid back and chilling waiting for Nighthold where they will try their hardest.

Get out of here with that nonsense, if these raids didn't matter these guilds wouldn't be putting in the time and effort they are.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    How do you manage to get banned...

Should be quite obvious to not use exploits on an end-boss.
    To be fair, its an extremely fine line that can often get a guild a big advantage, you can't just dismiss it out of hand . Trading a CR for a fight advantage is not a bannable exploit directly, it all depends on the fight advantage.Back on Archimonde(an end boss), Paragon avoided 2 Sources of Chaos by not having anyone in melee and most of the others by tank sacrifice, effectively negating the mechanic, but there wasn't any ban like for Helya's breath now. Hell, we were 3 million hp away from a ban on Iron Maidens because no ship would be involved in the making of that kill(which actually made the boss much harder on mythic given dps back then).

I think Limit is a bit of a victim of their own success, since they killed the boss 5 tries after using the exploit, there wasn't any time for Blizzard to warn them that won't be allowed.

It's not like this is clever use of game mechanics, it's quite clearly an exploit. You're acting like they aren't smart enough to figure out that negating a mechanic via a bug is bug abuse. The only reason they did it, was because they thought they could get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by WhatIsLegion View Post
    Yeah those raids don't matter, that's just why these guilds are still going ham raiding 12+ hours a day for something that doesn't matter. This is just them laid back and chilling waiting for Nighthold where they will try their hardest.

Get out of here with that nonsense, if these raids didn't matter these guilds wouldn't be putting in the time and effort they are.
    The time they're putting in now, gets them the most gear they can get for NH.. if they hadn't killed ToV in 1 week, that's an entire loot lockout they'd miss.

Of course they want to win this, but it doesn't mean that it matters. The actual raiders have stated that MANY times. These raid do not matter. NH matters. They still want to win, they just know it isn't important. NH decides who the best is.

These raid do not matter. NH matters.
    They might not matter as much, but there is definitely incentive other than loot...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    To be fair, its an extremely fine line that can often get a guild a big advantage, you can't just dismiss it out of hand . Trading a CR for a fight advantage is not a bannable exploit directly, it all depends on the fight advantage.Back on Archimonde(an end boss), Paragon avoided 2 Sources of Chaos by not having anyone in melee and most of the others by tank sacrifice, effectively negating the mechanic, but there wasn't any ban like for Helya's breath now. Hell, we were 3 million hp away from a ban on Iron Maidens because no ship would be involved in the making of that kill(which actually made the boss much harder on mythic given dps back then).

I think Limit is a bit of a victim of their own success, since they killed the boss 5 tries after using the exploit, there wasn't any time for Blizzard to warn them that won't be allowed.
    Sorry, but there's a difference between completely disabling a mechanic and being creative by sacrificing people or having people run out of melee to make a mechanic easier. I'm not calling Limit out because I don't give a shit in the end but you have to be delusional to think that the breath wasn't a bannable exploit.
    Last edited by Seramore; 2016-11-23 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Deleted
    Yes winning now is nice, but anyone with a brain knows that EN and ToV don't matter. NH matters. And that's when the #1 guild is decided.
    This is exactly what someone rooting for the losing team would say

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Nuckels View Post
    Just put the link here with spaces.
    The only I have is https : / / s14.postimg.org/3sw1yjtwh/Screenshot_20161123_002751_1.png (remove the spaces)

Deleted
    No important race has happened yet since the roster changes, after Nighthold then that whole thing can be said. But so far, the races have just been unimportant ones. And near every mythic raider in top 10 have stated that.

omg no NH doesnt matter.... ToS is where it all matters... NO fuck wait EVERYTHING THAT MATTERS HAPPENDS ON ARGUS

ah fuck this

Next Expansion is the real deal

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtwo View Post
    This is exactly what someone rooting for the losing team would say
    Yeah dude, it's not like all the top players in method and exorsus and serenity say the exact same thing. You're so smart man.
    Method won ToV, and like 2hrs after, Sco himself said that NH is what really matters. The win was nice, but NH is the important one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xqt View Post
    omg no NH doesnt matter.... ToS is where it all matters... NO fuck wait EVERYTHING THAT MATTERS HAPPENDS ON ARGUS

ah fuck this

Next Expansion is the real deal
    Apparently it's hard to understand that the last boss of a tier is the important one. Okay dood.

All the wins are nice, from each raid, but if Exorsus won EN and ToV, but Method won NH, Method get to claim #1. But if there was a short raid between NH and the end boss of the next tier, and Exorsus won that, Method still get to claim #1. Because they killed the important boss first.

Deleted
    Yeah dude, it's not like all the top players in method and exorsus and serenity say the exact same thing. You're so smart man.
    Method won ToV, and like 2hrs after, Sco himself said that NH is what really matters. The win was nice, but NH is the important one.

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently it's hard to understand that the last boss of a tier is the important one. Okay dood.

All the wins are nice, from each raid, but if Exorsus won EN and ToV, but Method won NH, Method get to claim #1. But if there was a short raid between NH and the end boss of the next tier, and Exorsus won that, Method still get to claim #1. Because they killed the important boss first.
    Winning's winning.

Quote Originally Posted by xqt View Post
    Winning's winning.
    It's literally, like winning the semi-finals, it doesn't matter who won the semi finals. The finals are what matter. Yeah sure it was cool to win semi-finals, and a win is a win, but the finals are the most important part.

EN and ToV is college football, Nighthold is the Superbowl. A win is a win, but one win is much more important.

It's literally, like winning the semi-finals, it doesn't matter who won the semi finals. The finals are what matter. Yeah sure it was cool to win semi-finals, and a win is a win, but the finals are the most important part.

EN and ToV is college football, Nighthold is the Superbowl. A win is a win, but one win is much more important.
    you're goal post moving hard friend.

Quote Originally Posted by tonic316 View Post
    Siq assumptions. I've had the same stance the whole time. Once again, my opinion on this, is the same as the top players. Why do you assume i'm fanboying? I want Method to win. They won this, but i'm smart enough to know that this is the semifinals and NH is the finals.

15+ Year Old Account
    He's right though looking at T14 and T17 as precedence.
    ToV is the Heart of Fear or this tier. You know that raid was won by the eternal 2nd Blood Legion.

You will be proven wrong when NH is clear.
    Last edited by Dangg; 2016-11-23 at 01:54 PM.

Siq assumptions. I've had the same stance the whole time. Once again, my opinion on this, is the same as the top players. Why do you assume i'm fanboying? I want Method to win. They won this, but i'm smart enough to know that this is the semifinals and NH is the finals.
    And then what if guldan doesn't even last longer then one reset? Where will your goal post be now? Let me ask you this. Who off the top of your head was the best guild in Cataclysm?

To be fair, even Method was saying that NH would be where they put their effort:
    http://www.method.gg/top-guilds-on-t...progress-plans

"..invested our holiday and effort into Nighthold in 2017, which is the instance we care about"

Deleted
    And then what if guldan doesn't even last longer then one reset? Where will your goal post be now? Let me ask you this. Who off the top of your head was the best guild in Cataclysm?
    Depends what tier you are talking about.

1st tier (TotFW, BWD, BOT) = Paragon
    2nd tier (Firelands ) = Paragon
    3rd tier (Dragon Soul) = Kin raiders

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    Depends what tier you are talking about.

1st tier (TotFW, BWD, BOT) = Paragon
    2nd tier (Firelands ) = Paragon
    3rd tier (Dragon Soul) = Kin raiders
    Nice research. I said off the top of your head. You wanted to say Paragon didn't you? Like anyone else you ask who follows this. Where I would have said "but kin raiders won DS, your supposed super bowl raid". It comes down to who wins more World firsts. If serenity only takes one and that being night hold but method follows up with a close world 2nd. I'd say method is still the superior guild.

This is all moot anyways. Because if you can't win the ~easy~ world firsts how do you expect them to win the hard ones.

Also your analogy is shit. If you lose the semi finals you don't get to compete in the finals. The better analogy would be Olympics. And method right now has a gold medal and a silver. Where as serenity has a silver and a bronze.
    Last edited by tonic316; 2016-11-23 at 02:24 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nice research. I said off the top of your head. You wanted to say Paragon didn't you? Like anyone else you ask who follows this.
    You seem to be confused by the difference between an expansion and a raid tier.

Multi instance raid tier were always decided by the final boss of the last raid. See T5/T14/T17.
    Last edited by Dangg; 2016-11-23 at 02:30 PM.