Thread: Toilet manners

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    People are fucking disgusting animals.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    People are fucking disgusting animals.
    your mother...
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    What's wrong with the second thing as long as you wash your hands? I don't get it.

Good god this is a fucking weird thing to talk about.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    What's the problem with folding toilet paper? I use a bidet so, for the most part, I'm not wiping away shit but... if you have thick tissue what's the issue with folding?
    Wiping > Take the shit smeared paper in front of u > fold it > reuse.
    Thats fucking disgusting. Wipe, and drop. Next paper.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shitstains in the bowl, sometimes if I know for sure I won't have company, or if I'm somewhere else that doesn't have a toilet bowl wand available for me to clean with.
    Fold and rewipe? Always. Not so much because it's saving toilet paper as because it's faster/easier than having to pull out more sheets of toilet paper and folding those appropriately before wiping.
    Shitting with the door open, yeah when I'm alone. And I'll pee with the door open if my girlfriend is around, as will she.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    It just start scratching at the door at first. Then it tries reaching under it and swats its paw around. Then it freaks out and starts hammering on the door meowing.

She ignores me like 90% of the time otherwise.
    Is this your cat?

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you wipe your ass with a single sheet of toilet paper? No? Then what's the problem with folding it? I tear enough toiler paper to do it.

Worried about getting shit on your hand? It's your own shit and you'll wash it afterwards.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Do you wipe your ass with a single sheet of toilet paper? No? Then what's the problem with folding it? I tear enough toiler paper to do it.

Worried about getting shit on your hand? It's your own shit and you'll wash it afterwards.
    Nono. It's not about the initial folding. I'm talking about folding it. Wiping. Then taking it out from under you and then fold it again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Titmeister View Post
    Nono. It's not about the initial folding. I'm talking about folding it. Wiping. Then taking it out from under you and then fold it again.
    I know what you meant. What i said was that folding wouldnt make much sense if you only wiped your ass with a single sheet of paper. I rip a bunch of them, enough to fold

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    don't leave flakes . . . on the seat
    Why on earth are you eating breakfast cereal while you take a shit ??
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career

Quote Originally Posted by allatar View Post
    Why on earth are you eating breakfast cereal while you take a shit ??
    Where else in the morning when in a rush? I like to be efficient.

My flat mate is the fucking worse for toilet manners.

I want to say theres a difference cultural upbringing Me being from UK and him being American. But I'm not going to say that.

1. He's asked multiple times if I mind him shitting with the door open. Our bathroom door is smack in line of the sofa of the lounge, its a small flat. He wants to fucking do it while I'm in my room, which again the door to it is in line (on the side) with the sofa. I know he fucking does it when I'm out because I come back and the place fucking reeks some days. He doesn't do it as much now as I've made a spare key for my other half and she comes and goes as she pleases.

2. He does smear the bowl, nearly every fucking time, and he goes three fucking times a day. It does my fucking head in, I buy bleach, toilet cleaner, toilet brush those tablets that go in the bowl, in the water collection bit where the flush water is stored every fucking thing and he doesn't get the hint. In the end I snap and point it out and hes like "Oh Sorry, I didn't notice" HOW CAN YOU FUCKING NOW NOTICE HALF THE BOWL IS WHITE AND THE OTHER HALF BROWN.

3. He's completely oblivious if it needs flushing twice, I've walked in that bathroom and fuck me side ways, There's still a bowl of fucking shit and used paper stacked half way up to the rim, because hes put that much fucking shit and paper in there it can't flush, and he just walks out!

4. Multiple times I've walked into that bathroom, and theres fucking shit on the seat, ON THE FUCKING SEAT. And it doesn't notice or bother to wipe it up.

That didn't mean to turn into a rant, but what the hell

So i was reading this survey results about toilet behaviour:

13% of people intentionally leave shitstains in the bowl
    47% of people actually wipe, take the paper and fold it again, then wipe again
    43% shits with the door open (when other people are around)

When told at work 3 people went eeeeeewl and 1 went: I always fold it double. So do you people do these things? Fold a shit smeared toiletpaper to apparantly save 2 rolls a month? Why in gods name?
    How can someone shit with the door open when other people are around with a straight face?

How utterly disgusting

13% of people intentionally leave shitstains in the bowl
    How do you even shit to intentionally stain? Or does this just refer to not cleaning the toilet immediately in the event that shit stains are present? I clean the toilet bowls basically once a week, or sooner if we're having company.

47% of people actually wipe, take the paper and fold it again, then wipe again
    If the first wipe with a paper isn't very messy, what's the deal. I have never gotten shit on my hand by doing this, and I always wash my hands anyway.

43% shits with the door open (when other people are around)
    I have a dog and a toddler: I don't get to close the door

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    God gave us bidet showers for a reason.
    I would love to use wet wipes if they weren't hell on sewers. Cleaning up with dry paper never really feels...complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    My flat mate is the fucking worse for toilet manners.

I want to say theres a difference cultural upbringing Me being from UK and him being American. But I'm not going to say that.

1. He's asked multiple times if I mind him shitting with the door open. Our bathroom door is smack in line of the sofa of the lounge, its a small flat. He wants to fucking do it while I'm in my room, which again the door to it is in line (on the side) with the sofa. I know he fucking does it when I'm out because I come back and the place fucking reeks some days. He doesn't do it as much now as I've made a spare key for my other half and she comes and goes as she pleases.

2. He does smear the bowl, nearly every fucking time, and he goes three fucking times a day. It does my fucking head in, I buy bleach, toilet cleaner, toilet brush those tablets that go in the bowl, in the water collection bit where the flush water is stored every fucking thing and he doesn't get the hint. In the end I snap and point it out and hes like "Oh Sorry, I didn't notice" HOW CAN YOU FUCKING NOW NOTICE HALF THE BOWL IS WHITE AND THE OTHER HALF BROWN.

3. He's completely oblivious if it needs flushing twice, I've walked in that bathroom and fuck me side ways, There's still a bowl of fucking shit and used paper stacked half way up to the rim, because hes put that much fucking shit and paper in there it can't flush, and he just walks out!

4. Multiple times I've walked into that bathroom, and theres fucking shit on the seat, ON THE FUCKING SEAT. And it doesn't notice or bother to wipe it up.

That didn't mean to turn into a rant, but what the hell
    Damn, that's disgusting.

Toilet manners? I worked as a cleaner. The shit I saw... literally.

So many people leave shit stains in the toilet. Then I come in and try to get it clean, and I'm thinking it's brown glue or something, because when I attempt to clean, I wonder what will break first, my arm, the toilet brush or the toilet bowl. Pubic hair, diareha fucking everywhere, blood, urine on the ground because some men just want to watch the world burn. In a men's locker room, the linoleum had corroded away in front of the toilet from the piss.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Not to mention wiping with toilet paper destroys my anus.
    The struggle is real
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reusing toilet paper sounds revolting, I didn't know people did that.

I use baby wipes instead of toilet paper and people seem to not like that. But I hate toilet paper... I feel like you aren't doing anything with it but smearing shit all over your ass.

I throw them in a little garbage can with a lid, it doesn't stink, I replace the little garbage bag about once every week or two, and my butt is quite clean.

Quote Originally Posted by Faenskap View Post
    Damn, that's disgusting.

Toilet manners? I worked as a cleaner. The shit I saw... literally.

So many people leave shit stains in the toilet. Then I come in and try to get it clean, and I'm thinking it's brown glue or something, because when I attempt to clean, I wonder what will break first, my arm, the toilet brush or the toilet bowl. Pubic hair, diareha fucking everywhere, blood, urine on the ground because some men just want to watch the world burn. In a men's locker room, the linoleum had corroded away in front of the toilet from the piss.
    Tell you, I've done some odd work here and there including cleaning toilets, nothing compares to my flat mate.

bonus story

He does other stuff around the place that winds me up, as well as how he acts in general, I suffer with crohns disease (so does he which is why I don't rant at him as much as I should) but 4 weeks ago during my monthly blood checks, they took my blood pressure, through the fucking roof. They had me in every day taking the reading, thinking at first it was the Crohns disease, but since nothing was physically wrong with me, they couldn't work it out. Saw one of the senior doctors, he started talking about starting to take tablets to lower it, then he asked was there anything outside of work that could be a stress factor, mentioned the flat mate, a few stories etc. Long story short, Doctor firmly believes hes the cause of it and now having to cope with trying to relax myself around the house before they resort to the meds

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    I throw them in a little garbage can with a lid, it doesn't stink, I replace the little garbage bag about once every week or two, and my butt is quite clean.
    That.... That sounds revolting. Worse than double wiping tbh, are you sure it doesn't stink not just you don't notice it any more. wet wipes dry out fairly quickly once they are out of the packet.

10+ Year Old Account
    That.... That sounds revolting. Worse than double wiping tbh, are you sure it doesn't stink not just you don't notice it any more. wet wipes dry out fairly quickly once they are out of the packet.
    My bathroom smells like girly shampoos.

The only times I have ever smelled anything was when replacing the bag, and a quick spray of some disinfectant air freshener and its gone.

When I first heard of people using wipes I was also put off because I am a pretty prolific germaphobe, but it has been a pleasant experience for me thus far.

Tell you, I've done some odd work here and there including cleaning toilets, nothing compares to my flat mate.

bonus story

He does other stuff around the place that winds me up, as well as how he acts in general, I suffer with crohns disease (so does he which is why I don't rant at him as much as I should) but 4 weeks ago during my monthly blood checks, they took my blood pressure, through the fucking roof. They had me in every day taking the reading, thinking at first it was the Crohns disease, but since nothing was physically wrong with me, they couldn't work it out. Saw one of the senior doctors, he started talking about starting to take tablets to lower it, then he asked was there anything outside of work that could be a stress factor, mentioned the flat mate, a few stories etc. Long story short, Doctor firmly believes hes the cause of it and now having to cope with trying to relax myself around the house before they resort to the meds
    Wow, definitly a contestant for the Roommate of the Year award, isn't he? Husband and I lived with his roommate and a girlfriend and it twice happened that there was actual shit on the ground. Don't know who it was, or how that is actually possible, but still.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.