Thread: Best expansion?

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Legion > MoP > Wotlk > WoD > Cata > BC.

Edit: Nostalgia overriding logic ITT making people feel the need to mention vanilla even though the question was about expansions.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    I love how people in this thread are like vanilla and tbc on the bottom.... like they ever played.
    I played TBC and it was the worst piece of crap I ever played, like I barely stomached getting through Outland due to horrible world design and much less do any end game content because it was boring as fuck.

The only thing that made TBC seem great is that it was WoW's first expansion, if it wasn't it would have been crucified just like WoD was...In fact, TBC can easily compare with WoD; both being shallow expansions with decent raiding.

TBC >= Vanilla > MOP = Legion = WOTLK > Cata > WoD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Vanilla = TBC >>> MoP = WotLK >>> Cata = Legion > WoD
    Wow we almost got the same response sick!

7+ Year Old Account
    such an original topic, we totally dont see the same thing over and over again every couple of weeks.

Formerly known as Arafal

I think aside from many classes feeling awful to play, Legion has felt like the best in every other aspect.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Lots, you and the other dude?
    no, lots as in probably half of the forum, ever visited older "wuts da bust expac" threads?

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    no, lots as in probably half of the forum, ever visited older "wuts da bust expac" threads?
    That's actually very sad

or maybe not, since forum posters are actually biased by nature

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    That's actually very sad
    no, what's actually sad is that you have to push your opinion onto others.

"look, they like what i dont like! so its sad"

Formerly known as Arafal

Legion > WoLK > Cataclysm > WoD

Those are the four I've played as current content. I enjoyed all four actually, as I didn't return to WoW in time to get burnt out on WoD (had taken a long break after Cata). I can only speak to the others as legacy content.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Can one be more lazy with a question than the OP? He doesn't even offer his own opinion.

But yeah...poll please. I had a great time in most x-pacs for different reasons, but Cata and WoD are definitely NOT my favorite

Here is one from last year. Yes, you may shit on MoP, but it does come in second (tied with TBC - or you could be nit picking and say it even beat TBC by 4 votes)

http://www.mmo-champion.com/poll.php...do=showresults

and one from this month for laughs, because...jaylock thread

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-WoW-Expansion
    Are we pretending a mmo-champion pool is a good representation of how great an expansion is?

Subscription numbers disagree

7+ Year Old Account
    Can one be more lazy with a question than the OP? He doesn't even offer his own opinion.

But yeah...poll please. I had a great time in most x-pacs for different reasons, but Cata and WoD are definitely NOT my favorite
    well once its a poll i will go more into why
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    I love how people in this thread are like vanilla and tbc on the bottom.... like they ever played.

Legion has been ok so far trying to copy wotlk but failing on points.

My rankings would be:

Wotlk>TBC>Legion=MOP>Cata>Wod (vanilla is not an expansion)
    I agree with your first statement; that's why I only listed the ones I've played as current content.

I honestly think Legion has been even better than WoLK. The Suramar story has been every bit as deep and involving as any in Northrend, and the Varian cinematic trumps even the Wrathgate. WoLK had the ICC dungeons, which were a good challenge - Halls of Reflection is my all-time favorite - but Legion has some great dungeons AND M+, which makes dungeons overall more challenging, fun, and relevant than they've ever been. Ulduar and ICC were better raids than we've seen from Legion so far, but we're early in the xpac, so maybe it would be more fair to compare EN to Nax? In which case it holds up well enough. Raid lockouts were a pain in ICC, and pugging with the wrong group could waste your entire raid week. How many of us stalled in the Plague Quarter, with no way to go back and make more progress all week? Nowadays you can go back again and again, progressing or just helping friends, with only the loot being on lockout (I think that's fair). Transmog has been a huge upgrade for any expansion since Cata, and the expanded Karazhan is a beautiful tribute that holds up well against the original.

Legion is good, and getting better.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Wotlk > Legion > MoP > TBC > classic > wod > cata

Stood in the Fire chase_the_mofo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    Wotlk > MoP > Legion >>> Cata >>>>> BC > WoD
    LOL MOP
    US player confirmed
    From all things I've lost I miss my mind the most.

TBC > MoP > WotLK > WoD > Legion > Cata
    Legion is close to being the worst for me because I play a Warrior and I hate what they did to it.
    WotLK was great until Ulduar ended and all the crappy paid changes were added ruining the game for many guilds.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chase_the_mofo View Post
    LOL MOP
    US player confirmed
    what does the us have to do with this?

Formerly known as Arafal

Stood in the Fire chase_the_mofo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    what does the us have to do with this?
    Google NA CS, that should explain.
    From all things I've lost I miss my mind the most.

7+ Year Old Account
    Legion is the best. Even better than Wotlk but ouchchchh legendary system sucks so much.

WotLK>Legion>TBC>Cata>MoP>>>>>>>.....>>>>>>WoD=epic fail

Are we pretending subscription numbers are a a good representation of how great an expansion is? People disagree. In fact they use that to claim it only shows how popular something is and bring in examples of "Just because Justin Bieber sells a lot of records..yada yada yada". So when you point out WotLK must be the best because of most subs, you certainly get everybody nodding and slapping you on the back because you are right.
    Yes it's a flawed argument, but so is yours. So why pretend like yours is better?

None of the arguments is a sound one, but if you want to compare one with the other, the answer is pretty obvious.

Subscription numbers deal with millions of opinions while your mmo-champion polls have few hundred/thousand votes

You should have payed attention during math class, especially during the statistics part.