Thread: Shadow in 7.1.5

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qactuar View Post
    Agree. Why haven't they added strength to the other two talents in that row yet? I hope they don't actually think that they're fine as-is and StM is the only thing that needs tweaking...
    Even ignoring the actual balance of that tier, they should rework Mind Spike. New Mind Flay is doing pretty much the same thing, except in slightly different way, thus negating whatever marginal advantage it offered. I guess numbers could be buffed to make it good, but it will still feel redundant.

They should just turn Mind Spike back into WOD Clarity of Power. Shit, go the whole nine yards. Mind Spike clears DOTs. Voidform turns Mind Spike back into Mind Flay, turns Void Bolt into Devouring Plague, Mind Blast.. well, remains Mind Blast. COP Voidform is DP->MB->full channel of Flay->Repeat. Mind Flay during Voidform pulses Devouring Plague damage to all nearby targets, like SW:P on PTR does.
    Last edited by davesignal; 2016-11-23 at 03:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    They should just turn Mind Spike back into WOD Clarity of Power. Shit, go the whole nine yards. Mind Spike clears DOTs. Voidform turns Mind Spike back into Mind Flay, turns Void Bolt into Devouring Plague, Mind Blast.. well, remains Mind Blast. COP Voidform is DP->MB->full channel of Flay->Repeat. Mind Flay during Voidform pulses Devouring Plague damage to all nearby targets, like SW:P on PTR does.
    CoP isnt shadow priest, if you want to play what you're describing play a warlock.

The could make basic changes without overhauling the whole class, no haste outside voidform ruins how priest is played.
    LOTV- As it is now but 15-20% extra dmg in voidform.
    scrap mind spike and add in a stellar flare like talent that generates a fair bit of insanity.
    S2M- NERF the SHIT out of hysteria before changing insanity regeneration, just cap it at 50 or even less.

Quote Originally Posted by tiptopmemer View Post
    CoP isnt shadow priest, if you want to play what you're describing play a warlock.
    It's not, but if you're going to have a Mind Spike talent then you might as well make it functional.

Deleted
    Wowhead is saying that Mind Spike has been deleted in the latest build. Can anyone confirm?

Deleted
    Apparently our 4 piece set bonus also got nerfed from 6 sec no cd on voidbolt to 4 secs

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Croshius View Post
    Apparently our 4 piece set bonus also got nerfed from 6 sec no cd on voidbolt to 4 secs
    Well deserved. Those rapid fire Voidforms from LotV were getting out of control, letting Shadow dominate meters far too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Quttan View Post
    I don't just hate STM because it's stressful.
    Add an additional gold sink to that because this shit wipes runes and food even on successful kills.
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    LDB: WoW Token: Monitor WoW Token price changes in LDB display.
    Other addons: Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.

Really looks like they are just nerfing S2M amd thinking that will fix the entire row of talents, instead of fixing the other two talents in the tree. Hopefully that's not it.

my contribution to the discussion..
    For my understanding the lvl100 row was always 1. go fast 2. AoE buff 3. major dps boost. Thats why I think of the following:
    - Leave LotV as is but add the ability to move while channeling. Gives it more mobility and adds to the 'go fast' theme.
    - Let Mind spike turn Mind Blast in to a volley. it already exists in the game so its not a new mechanic and together with the 7.1.5 changes gives priest more AoE utility.
    - Make S2M increase regeneration and total insanity by 50% with a 3 or 5min CD but instead of dying become a minion of the old gods for 5sec and turn on your ally's..
    Still makes it somewhat of a higher risk. someone might die but not always you and it allows priest to burst from the start of the fight like all the other classes.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by madindehead View Post
    Wowhead is saying that Mind Spike has been deleted in the latest build. Can anyone confirm?
    Can't find it ..

Quote Originally Posted by madindehead View Post
    It would make sense.
    1. Mindspike synergy is even worse with the mindflay/swp thing
    2. Mindspike didnt get an insanity buff like mf/mb/dots did.

Please don't get rid of lingering insanity. That had nothing to do with high MH stacks and VF going to 100+ stacks.

Why don't they just rework the 100 talent row based around StM since they're obviously not getting rid of it:

1. Short CD StM like Incarnation: buffs insanity gen by 50%, dmg increased an additional 30%, lasts 30 secs. 3min CD. no penalties. Can be used in mythics, short boss fights, at pull, on trash, and pvp. PI is not a mandatory talent now. Call it Step to Madness.

2. Medium CD StM. buff insanity gen by 100%, haste increased by an additional 25%, lasts until you drop out of VF, once you drop out of VF, you do not gain the benefit of lingering insanity and cannot go into VF for 60sec. 5 min CD. Can be used in mythics and raid boss fights. once at pull and once at the end if boss lives that long. Call it Savor the Madness.

3. Keep the Current StM. you die. Obviously only used during the end of a boss fight. high risk, high reward since "a lot of people 'love' the gameplay"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quttan View Post
    I don't just hate STM because it's stressful. I hate it because it turns a one-second lag spike into an inevitable death. I hate it because a "high risk, high reward" ability that kills you when you make a mistake cannot possibly have a reward that matches its risk while still being balanced. I hate it because a large portion of its users don't realize that the only reason it feels satisfying to them is because it's more powerful than one ability can ever be permitted to be. But most of all, I hate it because it's a pernicious monstrosity of design and when it's inevitably nerfed back to middle-of-the-pack while still being the best choice in its tier, it will in all likelihood doom my spec to being a frustrating and unsatisfying mess for the rest of the expansion. Although I would love to be proven wrong about that.

Agreed.
    I don't like StM for the simple reason: why do we have to die to get a good dps output?
    No other class has anything like that.
    And if you play with a ping a little higher, it's over. If you get a little distracted, it's over

Quote Originally Posted by Myah View Post
    Agreed.
    I don't like StM for the simple reason: why do we have to die to get a good dps output?
    No other class has anything like that.
    And if you play with a ping a little higher, it's over. If you get a little distracted, it's over
    I don't have an issue with the high-risk/high-reward aspect of StM, my issue is that the alternatives are just so poor compared to it right now. Because you're right, not everyone is capable of pulling off StM.

That said, I've come close to or beat StM Spriests with LotV. :P

It is the smuggest feeling ever when you're LOTV and a S2M priest crashes and burns, leading to you doing more DPS than them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baelic View Post
    I don't have an issue with the high-risk/high-reward aspect of StM, my issue is that the alternatives are just so poor compared to it right now. Because you're right, not everyone is capable of pulling off StM.

That said, I've come close to or beat StM Spriests with LotV. :P
    You can beat a toddler who has a gun with a bat, but that doesn't mean the gun is weak.

If you win with LotV over someone with surrender, the priest with surrender simply couldn't play it well enough. There is no way you can beat someone with Surrender who actually knows what they are doing when you have LotV.

Which is why we need alternatives.

Quote Originally Posted by MoltenMuffin View Post
    You can beat a toddler who has a gun with a bat, but that doesn't mean the gun is weak.

If you win with LotV over someone with surrender, the priest with surrender simply couldn't play it well enough. There is no way you can beat someone with Surrender who actually knows what they are doing when you have LotV.

Which is why we need alternatives.
    100% agree with you, was not trying to devalue the need for alternatives.

Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    This would be great.

Hate they talk about preserving StM because there are people that enjoy it, while they didn't care about people that enjoyed CoP.