AP Grind Calculator

Hey guys, I made a super basic calculator to determine how many of (blank) you need to grind to level your artifact weapon. Feedback anyone?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...KVJJeEczc/copy

This link will force you to "make a copy", thus allowing you to edit the required fields. I set it up this way to prevent trolls from creating new sheets (google sheets has no way of letting you create a public editable sheet while preventing new sheets from being created), and to allow many users to use the document simultaneously.
    Last edited by Arienda; 2016-11-24 at 12:17 PM.

Deleted
    The document is locked. I can't change any input.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mep View Post
    You have to make a copy..

File -> Make a Copy

Then you can insert some numbers

A friend made a similar one few weeks ago, your math dont line up with ours. Also verified our results ingame.

Edit:Oh, just me being sleepy.
    Our sheet show AP to a specific while I guess yours show to next level.
    Seems right then I guess, we didn't bother with rounding the rewards either since it will still only be one dungeon less/more.
    Last edited by BergErr; 2016-11-23 at 02:17 PM.

I'm still learning permissions w/ google docs, sorry I'll get that part fixed eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by BergErr View Post
    A friend made a similar one few weeks ago, your math dont line up with ours. Also verified our results ingame.
    I tried a few w/ just a regular calculator and it added up correctly. I might have to try a few more scenarios though

https://github.com/TrinityCore/Trini...Item.cpp#L2419
    This is the rounding used for AP gains (keep in mind this is integer math, not floating point!)

Quote Originally Posted by Shauren View Post
    https://github.com/TrinityCore/Trini...Item.cpp#L2419
    This is the rounding used for AP gains (keep in mind this is integer math, not floating point!)
    Thanks for that, after playing around with it I understand whats going on. Shouldn't be too hard to convert it to an excel formula, it will just be a little long I bet.

Thank you for this. I would love a feature to plug in the level we are at and our goal.

AKA I'd like to know how long it'd take to get my ALT from it's certain level to Trait 35.

Xpariah
    , Protection Warrior
    Xdh, Vengeance Demon Hunter
    Reckoning, Usually Recruiting
    YouTube & Twitch, Warrior & DH Tank PoV

I think I figured out how to fix this. You should just be able to edit the field now instead of having to save your own copy.

I try not to think about how much I have to grind for my next points. It's too depressing. I'd rather just go run M+, get 25-30k AP per dungeon and not keep a countdown lol.

You will need to make your own copy, especially when there are 10 people trying to edit it at once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    You will need to make your own copy, especially when there are 10 people trying to edit it at once.
    You have to do this for now on because trolls keep creating new sheets.

- - - Updated - - -

I think I found a workaround to fix the access and troll issues by forcing everyone to make their own copy of the workbook.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...KVJJeEczc/copy

This link will force you to "make a copy", thus allowing you to edit the required fields. I set it up this way to prevent trolls from creating new sheets (google sheets has no way of letting you create a public editable sheet while preventing new sheets from being created), and to allow many users to use the document simultaneously.

I added the feature to put in your current artifact weapons experience. I still need to add some more ap sources though (that shouldn't' be hard since the guts are working now.)

This is awesome, just one question: what is the function of J10? it's got validating for 1=2 so is it just some form of faillsafe or something?

Quote Originally Posted by denzildk View Post
    This is awesome, just one question: what is the function of J10? it's got validating for 1=2 so is it just some form of faillsafe or something?
    J10 is apart of the "Legend". Since 1=2 is always a false or failed validation it, it will have the little red triangle on the top corner indicating that the field has invalid user input.
    Last edited by Arienda; 2016-11-25 at 02:00 PM.

I fixed a few of the errors, pretty much everything is except ap 4/24 is spot on now.