Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Completely stupid system, especially for me who always was one of the first to have their secondary profs maxed. This time around, I was close to last because I just did not get that rank 3 of the delicacies, w w w.buynba2k17.c o m which meant that at 780, every single recipe I had was grey.

Finally threw in the towel on this. Maybe someday they'll fix it, but I'm done wasting time/ingredients on Nomi. Will just stick with my 7/combine yield and call it a day.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to keep feeding Nomi anyway because I'm a fool, but it's been 2.5 months and I still don't have a single rank 3 recipe (besides dried mackerel.) It's kind of insane.

I have almost all recipes now. Here's a few observations; get nomi cakes addon, don't queue up new orders until you've almost finished the current ones to prevent overlap if you happen to get a recipe and don't need anymore of that type then your wasting orders and mats, RNG RNG RNG. Level doesn't make a difference I'm nowhere near max cooking yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    Completely stupid system, especially for me who always was one of the first to have their secondary profs maxed. This time around, I was close to last because I just did not get that rank 3 of the delicacies, which meant that at 780, every single recipe I had was grey.

After more than 9 weeks, I finally got the versatility food at rank 3 and was able to skill cooking up to 800.

Even worse is that you need 800 cooking to use the food item in Court of Stars.

Yet another example to show that WoW developers absolutely do not play their own game, seemingly not even casually...
    cooking set from panadira works so 770 is enough

Deleted
    old town cooking dailys will help lvl up skill if can't proc rank3, how i got mine to 800 + dark moon fair frog quest

Quote Originally Posted by slambit View Post
    old town cooking dailys will help lvl up skill if can't proc rank3, how i got mine to 800 + dark moon fair frog quest
    Wow... I love you.
    Thanks for this.

From friends and my own experience, you seem to have a much higher chance at getting the recipe if you use a more uncommon (usually more expensive) ingredient.

I spammed Leyblood for like 3 weeks and didn't get rank 3 magister, but I swapped to fatty bearsteak and I got it in 2 days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pet0r-the-Pan View Post
    i would only buy a flying potato

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LeetHaxor View Post
    From friends and my own experience, you seem to have a much higher chance at getting the recipe if you use a more uncommon (usually more expensive) ingredient.

I spammed Leyblood for like 3 weeks and didn't get rank 3 magister, but I swapped to fatty bearsteak and I got it in 2 days.
    Bearsteaks uncommon? lel. You don't kill bears often, it seems, as i dont kill "gamy" animals (and as such i lack the ribs most of the time).

This is so wrong, it is just rng and NOT a common/uncommon ingredient thing.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah. Nothing is really uncommon (besides bacon.) It just depends on what you're doing. Bearsteaks only seem more uncommon because most people have no reason to be killing tons of bears. Eggs were uncommon too until falcosaur WQs came along, but now everyone has hundreds of them because people are mass killing mobs that drop them.