Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

PTR Build 7.1.5 build 23109

Spells
    Earthquake Causes the earth within 8 yards of the target location to tremble and break, dealing [ 300% of Nature Spell Power ] Physical damage over 6 sec and sometimes knocking down enemies. 100 yd range. Instant.

Frostbrand Chills your target, dealing [ 1 + 92.5% of AP ] Frost damage and reducing the target's movement speed by 50% for 3 sec, and enhances your weapons with frost for 16 sec, causing each weapon attack to reduce the target's movement speed by 50% for 3 sec. Shaman - Enhancement Spec. 20 Maelstrom. 10 yd range. Instant.

Talents
    Earthen Spike Summons an Earthen Spike under an enemy, dealing [ 1,100% of AP ] Physical damage and increasing Physical and Nature damage you deal to the target by 15% for 10 sec. Enhancement Shaman - Level 100 Talent. 10 yd range. Instant. 20 sec cooldown.

Fury of Air Creates a vortex of wind 8 yards around you, dealing [ 90% of AP ] Nature damage every 1 sec to enemies caught in the storm, and slowing them by 30% for 3 sec. Enhancement Shaman - Level 90 Talent. 3 Maelstrom, plus 3 per sec. Instant.

Gust of Wind A gust of wind hurls you forward. Shaman - Level 30 Talent. Instant. 15 sec cooldown.

Storm Elemental Calls forth a Greater Storm Elemental to hurl gusts of wind that damage the Shaman's enemies and generate Maelstrom for the Shaman for 30 sec. Elemental Shaman - Level 90 Talent. Instant. 2.5 min cooldown.

Windsong Lashes your enemy for [ 1 + 400% of Spell Power ] Nature damage, and enhances your weapons with wind, increasing your attack speed by 35% for 20 sec. Enhancement Shaman - Level 15 Talent. 10 yd range. Instant. 45 sec cooldown.

PvP Talents
    Calming Waters After being interrupted while casting a spell, the duration of silence and interrupt effects is reduced by 70% for 20 sec. Restoration Shaman - 1 PvP Talent.
    The changes are looking good.

Just to be clear, this is a list of new changes in the PTR, not a list of all changes in PTR vs live?

In other words, increased recharge of BF by 1.5 seconds and other changes are still in the PTR?

Quote Originally Posted by Huulo View Post
    Just to be clear, this is a list of new changes in the PTR, not a list of all changes in PTR vs live?
    Its the changes compared to the previous PTR version, yes.

Deleted
    So, the frostbrand changes are a revert from the previous build, or only apply in pvp situations?

Quote Originally Posted by hombi View Post
    So, the frostbrand changes are a revert from the previous build, or only apply in pvp situations?
    It's a revert

Deleted
    is it me or the FoA looks even stronger ? RIP LL ...
    they really need to change Doom Vortex ...

Deleted
    FOA won't really change our current rotation all too much. We will still use excess Maelstrom to cast Lava Lash.

Currently, we are spending 20 MS every 6 seconds to cast Crash Lightning on cooldown.
    If you pick up FoA, you'll spend 18 MS every 6 seconds (21 the first 6 seconds), and 20 MS every 10 seconds to keep the Crash Lightning cleave up, if you need to cleave.

But your single target rotation is going to be pretty much the same - only you have FOA running, you don't use CL, and you just cast LL whenever you have too much MS.

Quote Originally Posted by Qieth View Post
    FOA won't really change our current rotation all too much. We will still use excess Maelstrom to cast Lava Lash.

Currently, we are spending 20 MS every 6 seconds to cast Crash Lightning on cooldown.
    If you pick up FoA, you'll spend 18 MS every 6 seconds (21 the first 6 seconds), and 20 MS every 10 seconds to keep the Crash Lightning cleave up, if you need to cleave.

But your single target rotation is going to be pretty much the same - only you have FOA running, you don't use CL, and you just cast LL whenever you have too much MS.
    Which wont happen too often, at least with a BF build. And it may very well be that we'll be choosing Hot Hands, especially with the 4pc bonus of Nighthold (IF its out by the time the patch hits). With a BF build, you'll have to play very, VERY different than currently.
    I guess a lot of things are still subject to change though, so take everything with a grain of salt. Until we see the complete picture nobody can really say what we end up using... the only exception currently seems FoA.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

Deleted
    Well, in a single target rotation, we will probably use LL as often as we do now (actually maybe a little bit more, as six seconds of FOA is only 18 MS), but in multi target and cleave we will use it much less.

Which is a shame, because Doom Vortex is better in AOE than for single target, even with the small radius.

But what do I know, I'm still 4 traits away from Doom Vortex :P

Good thing they reverted the hailstorm nerf. Now revert the boulderfist nerf because it makes no sense and revert the AS nerf as well. Replace lightning shield for something more interesting and increase the damage of sundering so that it may become a real burst CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Huulo View Post

In other words, increased recharge of BF by 1.5 seconds and other changes are still in the PTR?
    Is there a list of changes from the original 7.1.5 on the PTR? I want to see what has changed for resto.

Quote Originally Posted by mcbubble View Post
    Is there a list of changes from the original 7.1.5 on the PTR? I want to see what has changed for resto.
    look through the news archive here or on wowhead. the news article should still be available.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    Good thing they reverted the hailstorm nerf. Now revert the boulderfist nerf because it makes no sense and revert the AS nerf as well. Replace lightning shield for something more interesting and increase the damage of sundering so that it may become a real burst CD.
    I think they should probably tune down Hailstorm's damage a bit, if they intend to keep it at 20 MS cost.

Quote Originally Posted by mcbubble View Post
    Here you go: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...2#post43306382

Keep in mind that there are shaman changes posted in a few different places in that post.

I think they should probably tune down Hailstorm's damage a bit, if they intend to keep it at 20 MS cost.
    No. Why? Is enhanc overpowered or something? I rather have better, competitive talents in that row instead of simply nerfing one option which is a nerf to the spec overall, since the other 2 options won't be at the same level of the current hailstorm.

That's why people are feeling Hailstorm should be taking a small nerf, because they tried increasing maelstrom to lower overall but it impacts other aspects too much so a small damage reduction is more in line with the change to AS.

Well, in a single target rotation, we will probably use LL as often as we do now (actually maybe a little bit more, as six seconds of FOA is only 18 MS), but in multi target and cleave we will use it much less.

Which is a shame, because Doom Vortex is better in AOE than for single target, even with the small radius.

But what do I know, I'm still 4 traits away from Doom Vortex :P
    Trust me, as someone who has it, it isn't doing that much more. Wolves overall do more damage as that in AoE.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    They've already lowered the MP cost, which was one of its main flaws. The other is the knock-aside effect. It always did good damage.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

I'm confused on why they changed windsong back. Maybe they feel FoA being really strong will be enough reason not to take boulderfist or something like that?

Quote Originally Posted by D3bacl3 View Post
    That's why people are feeling Hailstorm should be taking a small nerf, because they tried increasing maelstrom to lower overall but it impacts other aspects too much so a small damage reduction is more in line with the change to AS.
    I think it'd be far better to just make AS and LS competitive with Hailstorm. The thing I love about Hailstorm is that it is both a strong and consistent source of damage, which is something I think this spec needs more of.

Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    I think it'd be far better to just make AS and LS competitive with Hailstorm. The thing I love about Hailstorm is that it is both a strong and consistent source of damage, which is something I think this spec needs more of.
    Considering stormstrike doesn't benefit from our mastery outside of more stormbringer procs due to it not being elemental damage whatsoever it will probably lean more towards this way as mastery on our gear goes even higher. It was something mentioned in the scaling thread a week or two back that we might actually lean away to our more element inclined abilities because stormstrike just does not benefit like our elemental abilities will. To me this is a serious flaw in the class design because we'll not be performing lavalashes for stormstrike procs we'll be actually doing it because it's superior damage and stormstrike will be the filler. As a possibility. Obviously agility will raise it but if mastery hits more and more break points it would be interesting to see what our end game rotation will be after this round of changes.

Quote Originally Posted by ehxy View Post
    Considering stormstrike doesn't benefit from our mastery outside of more stormbringer procs due to it not being elemental damage whatsoever it will probably lean more towards this way as mastery on our gear goes even higher. It was something mentioned in the scaling thread a week or two back that we might actually lean away to our more element inclined abilities because stormstrike just does not benefit like our elemental abilities will. To me this is a serious flaw in the class design because we'll not be performing lavalashes for stormstrike procs we'll be actually doing it because it's superior damage and stormstrike will be the filler. As a possibility. Obviously agility will raise it but if mastery hits more and more break points it would be interesting to see what our end game rotation will be after this round of changes.
    Don't forget that secondary stats on gear will not grow very much as the expansion moves on, just look at the Nighthold gear compared with your current gear and you will see that while agi jumps like crazy the secondary stats grow maybe 1/3rd as fast.

For example the difference between an 880 helm and 905 helm is about 451 agi while the total secondary stat difference is only 144, secondary stats will definitely outweigh base stats just by looking at this model, but it won't matter because the secondary stats just won't be available in the kind of numbers you are expecting. Blizzard hooked us up with a ton of secondary stats early, and we won't be getting a ton of them later on.
    Last edited by EolasDK; 2016-11-23 at 08:14 PM.