Thread: Best expansion?

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    TBC > MoP = Legion > Wrath > WoD > Cataclysm

This is the only proper order of the expansions.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

TBC >= Wrath >= MoP > Vanilla > Legion = Cata > WoD
    Last edited by Pariah; 2016-11-23 at 03:51 PM.

Xpariah
    , Protection Warrior
    Xdh, Vengeance Demon Hunter
    Reckoning, Usually Recruiting
    YouTube & Twitch, Warrior & DH Tank PoV

MoP > Legion (so far) > WOTLK > WoD > Cata. Cata only ends up below WoD due to the fact that I didn't raid for the entirety of Cata until DS came out... And DS was pretty damned terrible.

5.2 is still the best patch ever imo, regardless of themes and edgelords being afraid of pandas in a game which contains talking cows, gnomes, pig people etc etc it was objectively a very content-rich expansion. 14 months of SoO didn't feel quite so long as a result. Compare it with DS or HFC... HFC felt like years and DS felt like decades...

In order for Legion to surpass MoP in my book, they'll need to make more things account-wide so that playing other characters doesn't feel disheartening. One example being the "Balance of Power" questline. It should at the very least be an account-wide unlock for appearances.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-11-23 at 04:24 PM.

Deleted
    Legion. Hands down.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla > MoP = BC > Wrath > Cata = Legion > WoD

Wrath > Legion (could move up when it's all said and done) > TBC > MOP > Cata > WoD

Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    I love how people in this thread are like vanilla and tbc on the bottom.... like they ever played.

Its a fact that only 1/100 posters on mmo-c actually played during vanilla and 5/100 played TBC, so drop your garbage posts and state the truth.

Vanilla by far was the best iteration of the game, nothing gonna bring it back.
    LMFAO, look at this one, using such logic as "if you don't rank it at the top, you didn't play since it was clearly the best iteration of the game if I feel that it was!!!!111". Would also love to see where you got that "fact" from, because going by the amount of people praising Classic as the pinnacle of gaming on here, one would think it's more like 99/100 that played it...
    Let me guess, when people hail it as the best ever, they're legit and not just people getting their opinions from certain has-been streamers! Yes Sir!

Fucking lol. If we're going by the most people feeling a certain way, WOTLK would always end up at the top. Always.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-11-23 at 04:52 PM.

BC is still far ahead in my book. BC > Wrath > MOP > CATA > Legion (too grindy) > WOD

I don't know what's the best, but for me, I know for sure that MoP was by far the worst. What an abomination.

BC > (Classic >) Wrath >> MoP > Cata >> Legion >>> WoD

10+ Year Old Account
    TBC > Legion > Vanilla > Wrath > WoD > Cata.

Didn't really play any of MoP until the month or so before Warlords hit so I cannot place it.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Deleted
    MoP > Legion >> Wrath > TBC >>Vanilla >>> Cata >>> WoD

MoP > WotLK > BC > Cata.

Only played Vanilla content when was it was a few years old and skipped WoD. Legion is too early in to rank.

I don't hate Legion but so far it feels like a lot of rehashed elements, with needlessly stripped down and redesigned classes and professions. Though admittedly the worst parts of any xpac are always front and center when the content is new, and then we tend to gloss over them as the years go by.

For me, Legion is definitely my favorite and, like just about everyone, Warlords my least favorite. Between those two it's fairly equal.

Gameplaywise: Legion > MoP > Vanilla > Wrath = Tbc > Cata = WoD

Content: All xpacs were rather great all-in-all, except for Cata and WoD. Ironically, those 2 xpacs had the BEST initial experience(or I was hyped the most about them), but they sucked hard in endgame
    That being said: ( all other xpacs) > WoD > Cata

7+ Year Old Account
    Legion: Best Expansion I have ever played.
    Wrath: Best Nostalgia Expansion Ever.
    Mop: Best Expansion with Lore and sense of exploring a new land into Azeroth.
    Cata: Good Expansion with new things around the World of Azeroth.
    Tbc: Good/ok Expansion with some good things and some not so much with the messy lore.
    WoD: Disappointing/worst Expansion with no creative content ether new race and class.

BC > WotLK > MoP > Cata > Legion > My morning bowel movement > WoD
    Last edited by Azmoden; 2016-11-23 at 07:50 PM.
    "That shit went down faster than a gold digger on a dying rich dude".

Legion as it is the only expansion that wasn't hated by and large by the community at the time it has been released.

Vanilla wasn't an expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    These threads never going anywhere simply because it's just someone opinion. It also doesn't help that people who are voting haven't played every expansion from release to the next expansion. The people who rate TBC low only do so because they're biased against elitest players always praising it.

Wotlk=TBC>Legion>MoP>Cata>WoD
    Last edited by crakerjack; 2016-11-23 at 07:51 PM.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Legion > MoP = WotLK > Cataclysm > WoD > Classic >> TBC

(I know Classic wasn't an expansion, it's still useful to list for contextual purposes )
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis